Best of the Lords' "Personal" Legendary Weapons?

Magical Glace

Weapons  

97 members have voted

1. 1. ...So?

• Marth's Falchion
    • Alm's Falchion
    • Sigurd and Seliph's Tyrfing
    • Roy's Binding Blade
    • Eliwood's Durandal
    • Hector's Armads
    • Lyn's Sol Katti
    • Eirika's Sieglinde
    • Ephraim's Siegmund
    • Ike's Ragnell
    • Chrom's and Lucina's Falchion
    • One I forgot (post it!)
    • Chrom's Exalted Falchion

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

leaving chapters 28 and Final, totalling 11 chapters.

I don't think that adds up.

If you include FE9 (30 maps), it gets even more dismal (11/72 maps for 15% existence

Maybe, but how about trial maps?

You've not played the JP titles so I won't hold it against you, but Roy's Sword of Seals/Binding Blade also has 1-2 Range... and also gives +5 Def (along with +5 Res). It's functionally identical to the Ragnell, except without the infinite durability.

IIRC binding blade also allows hp restoration like a vulnerary (maybe it's up to full hp tho?), which takes up 1 use of the weapon.

if you don't get a game over, your not a lord.

lookin at you lucy

I'm sorry, but "Lucina, who starts out her deployment as a level 10 lord, is not a lord" doesn't pass the straight-face test. Obviously I'd agree she's not the protagonist, though.

EDIT-I voted Durandal just because I like how it looks. Tyrfing, Binding Blade or Ragnell are probably the best.

Edited by Severlan

Tyrfing's statistical bonuses aren't as impressive in practice as they may seem on paper. +10 speed may sound great, but weapon weight is also a factor. Tyrfing has 7 weight, so that 10 speed actually ends up being 3 speed. Then you have +10 skill, which doesn't do much more than drag Lord Knight's awful skill cap out of the abyss.

All things considered, it is kind of telling when, out of all the weapons that can be acquired in said game Naga's Falchion is the only weapon that did not have its enchantments and power deteriorate by the time of Awakening (which is the reason behind why it had its power sealed to begin with, or that is what it seems like to me anyway).

Of course Ike is a lord. :P Like Glaceon said, he gets the class in his first game and is the main character and all.

But does he wear a funny hat or something?

cough

a059fb9ca9.png0aea3f88c1.png

Sucks for the General that thinks Rath's still a Nomadic Trooper.

On-topic, the Sealed Sword. 'Cos Roy's our boy.

Well, whatever the case, you guys, it's looking like SF is pretty much split between Ragnell and Tyrfing. lol

This is why I decided to make my games give legendary weapons huge stat bonuses;it seems to be what people want in a LEGENDARY weapon.

Tyrfing's statistical bonuses aren't as impressive in practice as they may seem on paper. +10 speed may sound great, but weapon weight is also a factor. Tyrfing has 7 weight, so that 10 speed actually ends up being 3 speed. Then you have +10 skill, which doesn't do much more than drag Lord Knight's awful skill cap out of the abyss.

to be fair, the + 10 skill and speed are almost just icing in the cake for the real bonus, the +20 res

it's really a godsend in the last chapter (and vs Alvis I guess)

It's the reason why Mistoltin is so good too, since other than giving Critical, it bonus really sucks, although the +20 skill does synergize with Critical I guess.

I have a ylisse Falchion cosplay prop...so that one holds a special place. It's hella pretty sword.

I also really like the original because it raped.

I haven't finished fe10, but when I do, I'll move on to fe4 and 5.

Ragnell is hella cool and hella strong. Alondite is neat too.

Screw the fe8 legendarys..Myrrh and Seth > Ephraim and Eirika.

Durandal was way underrated. The Sol Katti is meh...

Armads is omg so stark:

Did I forget any...? Hmm... Oh that's right! My beloved Sword of Seals. The weapon that transforms me from a crappy character to a rape machine for the last few chapters.

I'd say Tyrfing was personally the weapon that was the best for me. If Aless was considered a Lord, I would choose his Mistoltin. Roy's Binding Blade deserves mention for slaying Idoun in one turn. Haven't played RD, but I can tell just how powerful Ragnell must be as well.

Edited by DragonLord

I'd say Tyrfing was personally the weapon that was the best for me. If Aless was considered a Lord, I would choose his Mistoltin. Roy's Binding Blade deserves mention for slaying Idoun in one turn. Haven't played RD, but I can tell just how powerful Ragnell must be as well.

Pfft, if motherfucking Ced/Sety was a lord, he'd be king of 'em all.

Forseti, man. Just...Forseti.

(Yes, Book of Naga is better, but that thing is basically made to be the anti-Julius)

(Yes, Book of Naga is better, but that thing is basically made to be the anti-Julius)

That's true, can't believe I forgot about that.

This is why I decided to make my games give legendary weapons huge stat bonuses;it seems to be what people want in a LEGENDARY weapon.

Nah man we want 12 Mt and 14 Wt on a legendary weapon.

Fuck, Lol Katti is so bad.

You mean Shannan. Have you seen what he can do at base level with Balmung?

Durandal was way underrated. The Sol Katti is meh...

Armads is omg so stark:

Durandal underrated? I always thought it got as much credit as it deserved (which isn't much, because it's stupidly heavy).

Anyways, I think it's saying something that the Sol Katti is BETTER in Awakening than it was in its original game, despite most of the regalia returning from previous games getting nerfed (though the Archanean regalia stayed more-or-less the same).

Edited by Levant Caprice

Durandal underrated? I always thought it got as much credit as it deserved (which isn't much, because it's stupidly heavy).

Anyways, I think it's saying something that the Sol Katti is BETTER in Awakening than it was in its original game, despite most of the regalia returning from previous games getting nerfed (though the Archanean regalia stayed more-or-less the same).

Considering Sol Katti was plopped into a game where weight was ditched entirely, on top of having its Crit doubled, I'm not entirely surprised...

Brb hacking FE13 Sol Katti into FE7 to see what happens.

I think +10 Speed is great no matter what the weight of your weapon is (unless it's like 40). Tyrfing's weilder was already doubling pretty much everything anyway so it's just a nice avoid bonus. +10 Skl is very nice because Tyrfing is used against a lot of things with high avoid, like people on castles and Ishtar. Especially against Alvis it's really nice. And the Res is godly for the same reasons, roughly.

Yewfelle/Ichival is kinda lol since its weight exceeds its speed bonus.

Ichival's hit is really bad too, it's a really underwhelming weapon.

The Gae Bolg isn't very good either despite it's bonuses.

Well that's true but the might and added Str help OHKO some annoying enemies. I recall sniping Ishtar on Ch 8 thanks to Ichivall; though its hit rate isn't awesome.