Best of the Lords' "Personal" Legendary Weapons?

Magical Glace

Weapons  

97 members have voted

1. 1. ...So?

• Marth's Falchion
    • Alm's Falchion
    • Sigurd and Seliph's Tyrfing
    • Roy's Binding Blade
    • Eliwood's Durandal
    • Hector's Armads
    • Lyn's Sol Katti
    • Eirika's Sieglinde
    • Ephraim's Siegmund
    • Ike's Ragnell
    • Chrom's and Lucina's Falchion
    • One I forgot (post it!)
    • Chrom's Exalted Falchion

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyrfing. Ragnell and BB having 1-2 range is nice, but Tyrfing also basically makes Seliph completely immune to staves and magic in general.

Tyrfing's statistical bonuses aren't as impressive in practice as they may seem on paper. +10 speed may sound great, but weapon weight is also a factor. Tyrfing has 7 weight, so that 10 speed actually ends up being 3 speed. Then you have +10 skill, which doesn't do much more than drag Lord Knight's awful skill cap out of the abyss.

Not really. Saying it only grants +3 speed is ignoring the weight of other weapons. Chances are Sigurd and Seliph are going to be using weapons with either 5 weight (silver sword) or 3 weight (hero sword) otherwise, so really, it gives +6 to +8 speed. And I would hardly say lord knight's skill cap is abysmal. It's not great, but it's not giving either unit huge hit issues.

It's the reason why Mistoltin is so good too, since other than giving Critical, it bonus really sucks, although the +20 skill does synergize with Critical I guess.

A 30 might essentially unbreakable killing edge is pretty great. But yeah, I don't think it would be enough to compensate were Ares a bad unit.

Edited by bottlegnomes

WRT to chapter 8 Ishtar, she's a massive chump, anyone with a hero sword and 19 strength (or 14 and the power ring) ORKO her pretty easily

A 30 might essentially unbreakable killing edge is pretty great. But yeah, I don't think it would be enough to compensate were Ares a bad unit.

As long as said unit had a mount, I think Mistoltin would be just as strong. Aless without Mistoltin is probably a worse unit than Oifaye or a competant Delmud (who are also pretty good but my point still remains). Being immune to staves is really a big deal.

Edited by General Horace

As long as said unit had a mount, I think Mistoltin would be just as strong. Aless without Mistoltin is probably a worse unit than Oifaye or a competant Delmud (who are also pretty good but my point still remains). Being immune to staves is really a big deal.

Ambush, high strength, and high durability help a lot, from my experience. Say Ares had Noish or Alec's bases, skills, and growths. He probably wouldn't be as noteworthy. As for by himself, he's not Seth, but he'd probably still be one of your better units. Also, aren't Oifey and a good Delmud considered two of the best units in gen 2?

Edited by bottlegnomes

For the sake of comparison, I just used two other gen 2 mounts that use swords (which are generally the best units). They'd all be pretty interchangeable honestly, they'd all have A swords and similar stats. I think Oifaye and Delmud just have better skills (unless Delmud has a crappy father like Claude or something)

If Alec had the Mistoltin I think he'd be a ridiculous unit in gen 1. It'd be kinda redundant on Noish though since he already has critical.

Edited by General Horace

Yeah, upon rethinking that, he would be, which is why I changed it, though it seems like I did after you read it. Even still, none would be able to magic tank like Ares. I guess that's what I'm getting at: Mystletainn isn't enough to make someone a truly remarkable magic tank by itself, unlike Tyrfing. If it weren't for Ares's whole res setup, it'd probably be noticeably less meaningful.

slightly off-topic but there are so many non-legendary, non-lord prfs that are good. of course light sword, graphcalibur, pugi, and brave lance from FE5 are all near the top (as are most things in FE4), and i'd say that all of them are more useful than any of the weapons under the umbrella of the topic's specifications.

slightly off-topic but there are so many non-legendary, non-lord prfs that are good. of course light sword, graphcalibur, pugi, and brave lance from FE5 are all near the top (as are most things in FE4), and i'd say that all of them are more useful than any of the weapons under the umbrella of the topic's specifications.

We certainly need a poll for best prfs. They have the edge in availability and such compared to the legendary weapons.

Would something like Shannan's Balmung count as a Prf?

Forseti is the best, but I'm going to go with Tyrfing because of the poll. 30 might and other stat boosts are ridiculous, and on top of a good unit it is even more ridiculous. Ragnell is good too, but Forseti is still the best.

Forseti is the best, but I'm going to go with Tyrfing because of the poll. 30 might and other stat boosts are ridiculous, and on top of a good unit it is even more ridiculous. Ragnell is good too, but Forseti is still the best.

Forseti's kind of an odd case cause its technically prf in FE4 Gen 1 but in FE4 Gen 2 there is more than one available user so I wouldn't call it prf there. It's prf in FE5 though.

Still, in terms of overall prf legendaries I don't think Forseti makes it though it comes damn close since in Gen 1, you get it then Lewyn might hit a unit or two then Sigurd mops up with his Tyrfing gotten a few turns later. In FE5 it helps with 24x/Endgame a lot by letting Ced solo some stuff you don't want to deal with but even then there are other prf weapons in FE5 I'd consider better overall like Grafcalibur or the Brave Lance. For overall best prf legendary weapon, I'd go with Mystletainn due to its huge availability (4 and a half chapters!!), letting Aless join Selph on his endgame staff hunting spree, and being on a mounted unit in a game that loves mounted units

Okay the FE wiki's definition of prf is "unit or group of units that can use this weapon" so FE4 Gen 2 Forseti technically counts but I still think Mystletainn wins due to Forseti's user not having a mount ever or having to hit 20 to get a mount whereas the Mystletainn user has it from the get go

Edited by The Batter

Screw all of you, I like Exalted Falchion! :P:

Honorable mention to Eliwood's Durandal. It takes some (okay, a lot) of rigging and some resources, but if the conditions are right, it'll be competent against what it was designed to fight (unlike the Sol Katti).

Lastly, Marth's Rapier in FE11 and FE12 and Caeda's Wing Spear get a mention - they're forgeable to insane extents, and warpskipping wouldn't be the same without the latter!

Honorable mention to Eliwood's Durandal. It takes some (okay, a lot) of rigging and some resources, but if the conditions are right, it'll be competent against what it was designed to fight (unlike the Sol Katti).

Lastly, Marth's Rapier in FE11 and FE12 and Caeda's Wing Spear get a mention - they're forgeable to insane extents, and warpskipping wouldn't be the same without the latter!

What was the one I forgot...? I'd consider EF to fall under Chrom's and Lucina's Falcion... and the Rapier/Wing Spear aren't legendary.

You gotta admit, the resources in question have better uses than saving for Eliwood just for one weapon that would have pretty much no use otherwise. And one of those better uses comes in the final chapter, no less. That being said, I don't disagree that Durandal isn't 100% unsalvageable like the Sol Katti is - the problem is that doing so requires resources that have better uses in the long run.

Anyways, I like the Exalted Falchion too.

Edited by Levant Caprice

I actually like the Exalted Falchion as well it loos sick with that orange glow. Plus the heal 20HP is a nice add on too. I just like Ragnell more because of the Def bonus and ranged attack.

Forseti's kind of an odd case cause its technically prf in FE4 Gen 1 but in FE4 Gen 2 there is more than one available user so I wouldn't call it prf there. It's prf in FE5 though.

Still, in terms of overall prf legendaries I don't think Forseti makes it though it comes damn close since in Gen 1, you get it then Lewyn might hit a unit or two then Sigurd mops up with his Tyrfing gotten a few turns later. In FE5 it helps with 24x/Endgame a lot by letting Ced solo some stuff you don't want to deal with but even then there are other prf weapons in FE5 I'd consider better overall like Grafcalibur or the Brave Lance. For overall best prf legendary weapon, I'd go with Mystletainn due to its huge availability (4 and a half chapters!!), letting Aless join Selph on his endgame staff hunting spree, and being on a mounted unit in a game that loves mounted units

Okay the FE wiki's definition of prf is "unit or group of units that can use this weapon" so FE4 Gen 2 Forseti technically counts but I still think Mystletainn wins due to Forseti's user not having a mount ever or having to hit 20 to get a mount whereas the Mystletainn user has it from the get go

Forseti is extremely helpful vs Lamia, Langbart, and Reptor, three of the toughest 1st gen bosses. Tyrfing!Sigurd can do a lot, but Forseti can still blast Reptor from the cliffs whereas Sigurd has to fight the entire army to get to Reptor. Not to mention whoever gets Holsety has a ridiculous skill set. On MartytheDemonSlayers 0%growths ltc he uses Forseti on all of the last chapters bosses.

I find Forseti to be much better than Mistoltin purely because 20 speed man. (15 including weight.) this allows him to double (with pursuit) and dodge almost any enemy unit. It gives the user high odds of activating adept, for even more damage. The one boss Mistoltin wins against is Alvis because of WTD.

Edited by momogeek2141

FE1 Falch actually isn't as strong as the dscription suggest

It does make Marth practically invincible, but Catapults can still attack him and hurt him, and its not effective against Manakete, which is pretty lol

I'd say Tyrfing da best bit Id did not play FE9 yet so, eh

What was the one I forgot...? I'd consider EF to fall under Chrom's and Lucina's Falcion... and the Rapier/Wing Spear aren't legendary.

The regular Falchion that Chrom has is awful. The upgraded ones rock, which is why I see them as separate weapons.

Rapier/Wing Spear break the game harder than any other legendary, since most of the time, those legendary things aren't around from Chapter 1 (except Chrom's unbreakable hybrid of a Rapier and Wyrmslayer), nor can they receive a gigantic boost to attack/hit/crit for no apparent reason. Thus, the mention.

You gotta admit, the resources in question have better uses than saving for Eliwood just for one weapon that would have pretty much no use otherwise. And one of those better uses comes in the final chapter, no less. That being said, I don't disagree that Durandal isn't 100% unsalvageable like the Sol Katti is - the problem is that doing so requires resources that have better uses in the long run.

Anyways, I like the Exalted Falchion too.

If you knew what I was referring to, it was:

- max Speed (hence the rigging)

- A SINGLE BODY RING (HHM requires two)

This should allow Eliwood to double the dragon for hilarious amounts of damage, should you feel like it.

An infinite use Iron Sword is awesome when everyone is stuck to steel then when dragons show up it gets a wtf 15 Mt lol. Sealed Falchion is awesome. If Chrom's Str keeps up you won't even have to buy him weapons.

An infinite use Iron Sword is awesome when everyone is stuck to steel then when dragons show up it gets a wtf 15 Mt lol. Sealed Falchion is awesome. If Chrom's Str keeps up you won't even have to buy him weapons.

Pretty much this.

The few times I've had him use something else were the premonition and early cavs.

But okay, shall add.

The regular Falchion that Chrom has is awful. The upgraded ones rock, which is why I see them as separate weapons.

Rapier/Wing Spear break the game harder than any other legendary, since most of the time, those legendary things aren't around from Chapter 1 (except Chrom's unbreakable hybrid of a Rapier and Wyrmslayer), nor can they receive a gigantic boost to attack/hit/crit for no apparent reason. Thus, the mention.

If you knew what I was referring to, it was:

- max Speed (hence the rigging)

- A SINGLE BODY RING (HHM requires two)

This should allow Eliwood to double the dragon for hilarious amounts of damage, should you feel like it.

I knew that, but personally, I have better uses in mind for the body rings pretty much 10 times out of 10 (aka, I HATE how females get shafted by the Con based AS system). And there's the part where if I so wished (and I hadn't bothered using it before; this is a consideration as well since the second body ring comes within a few chapters of endgame), I could give Athos the Body Ring instead, and watch as he takes out the dragon like it was yesterday's garbage. Ignoring him, though, there's always Hector, who just needs the rigging.

I dont think regular chrom falch is awful. It seems pretty handy against dragon units. Im not really an expert on when you can get wyrmslayers, however.

The first Wyrmslayer you get is in chapter 10, which is right before the last chapter where you see wyverns for a good deal of the game.

Edited by Levant Caprice