Worth trying to do an RTU for Awakening?

isetrh

I know there was one in thw past that went poorly, but it's been a while now. I think we have a pretty good grasp of who the good units are. Donnel's topic would be interesting, but other than that I'm sure we could be civil. Or at least as civil as an RTU can be.

One issue is the existence of Lunatic+. It's the highest difficulty, but if we were to rate exclusively based on it some characters who are otherwise pretty good would be penalized, like Nowi. Lunatic might make more sense, with the assumption that Avatar isn't soloing the entire game. A lot of people haven't played Lunatic, but it's not too hard to extrapolate from Normal and Hard, unlike L+.

What do you think? Should we try it?

We don't even have accurate growths yet. Once we get those it may be feasible. We'd also have to decide what difficulty it'd be based on. The FE12 RTU was on Hard mode in order to give everyone a fair shot (though it still didn't help the free silvers tier)/and I think Awakening should be like that too since a lot of character get straight up shafted in Loony/L+ mode.

Then there's deciding how to judge the kids too.

One day we should have one, but not anytime soon.

I feel like an idiot but...does RTU stand for rate the unit? Or something else?

Yes.

Also, my answer to the OP is HELL NO. I'd think that people would know the issues with RTUs after half a dozen games had them done... And I seriously doubt a new RTU would be little more than a toxic influence on the forums.

Edited by Levant Caprice

Maybe not quite yet. This topic would be something the entire forum would argue in, not just folks who hang around for hours analyzing the merits of various units and whatnot.

I would vote for it being done on Hard/Cla with full deployment, relatively even exp distribution, no DLC, and map Risen optional but no Reeking Box spam (they're expensive). We'd make notes for where units make particularly good use of Wifi access, but make no assumptions about whether it's present or not. This is arguably what the game was balanced around, and it seems fairest for everyone to play in their native mode.

I feel like an idiot but...does RTU stand for rate the unit? Or something else?

Rate The Unit is my understanding, yes.

I have a horrible feeling that it would become "my waifu is better than yours" with a bunch of 10's and 1's being given out arbitrarily.

Or even worse, to the point where it becomes unspeakable.

Oh yeah there's also the influence of spot pass and renown. Renown enables statboosters as soon as chapter 3. We'd have to put some sort of arbitrary cap on the amount of assumed renown. There's a ton of factors that come into play in Awakening's case.

Edit: That being said, I don't think it'd be that bad. I foresee Chrom being underrated, sadly.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

I have a horrible feeling that it would become "my waifu is better than yours" with a bunch of 10's and 1's being given out arbitrarily.

Hey it didn't go that badly. I mean yeah I kinda fucked up hosting it but, it still wasn't half as bad as the crap in the FEA forums at the time, or all of it now.

Relevant threads:

Original: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=40201

Continuation: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=40774

"The bitch at each other in here instead of the actual thread" thread:http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=40342

Edited by king ranting panda

Hey it didn't go that badly. I mean yeah I kinda fucked up hosting it but, it still wasn't half as bad as the crap in the FEA forums at the time, or all of it now.

Wait, YOU hosted it? Who are-- *checks name history* ...Oh.

Anyways, I still think it'll be a shitstorm, not unlike the RTUs for the other games that had them, which was at least 7 or 8 of them. I remember Radiant Dawn's RTUs in particular were pretty bad...

Edited by Levant Caprice

PoR was the worst iirc. Something to do with Mia and the sonic sword.

I don't remember that one...

Going through RD they didn't seem that bad except Neph getting scores through the roof and such.

There's always going to he bias but that's part of the fun.

There was a pretty big upheaval about Ranulf, though (largely because Starwave whined about the low scores Ranulf was getting), as well as Naesala outscoring Tibarn, which caused some whining.

Either way, there's just too much stuff to factor in in an Awakening RTU (especially when it comes to child units), and that's ignoring the fact that I think RTUs are cancer and need to die and rejoin the stars already.

Edited by Levant Caprice

Wasn't that's just snowy? Marcia Titania and Jill were in the right place and that's all that matters~

A top 5 in this game would probably be something like (in no order)

Chrom

Robin

Morgan

Lucina

Fred