• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you are saying you wouldn't like it? But you did say you like honey mustard, which means it must be Opposite Day, which means you would like it. Alright then. *Punches Emerald in the mouth*

Imagine if, in the upcoming movie, Thor gets a rather drastic makeover. Loses the hammer and the helmet, dyes his hair, starts wearing a cape and a big "T" on his chest, etc. The tickets sell like nicotine hotcakes, and you're forced into the realisation that pretty much nobody liked the old Thor, and unless the developers decide they hate money, they won't make any more movies about him. You can't even introduce the new fans to the old Thor, because they'll reject him for being different to the new Thor.

Granted, that's probably the worst-case scenario for Fire Emblem's future. But I totally understand where those fans are coming through. Not that I condone it; taking it out on the new fans is not only mean-spirited, but will make them less likely to want to play the older games.

Bruh, the comics have Thor as a lady right now. Not only that, but Agent of Asgard is, imo, hideously jumping the shark. Im not sore at all about female Thor though. Thats some pretty huge changes and a lot of fuckery that i dont always agree with. There was also the monstrosity that was 90s Thor. Tbh, im not all that arsed. I like what i like, and new fans can dig on Hemsworth!Thor or Agent of Asgard run all they want. So your hypothetical there kinda happened and its just not a big deal to me.

I mean, i guess if i were a teen again, i would be really bent, but im older and wiser now and i realized how negative and alienating i was being. Another example is the band, Opeth. They going in the less death metal direction rustled my jimmies. So i was all "man, fuck post-Lindgren Opeth!" But then, i tried to approach it with a more open mind, and you know what? While i still find the album Watershed to be dull, Heritage doesnt suck anymore in my mind. /shrug

to compensate for my serious post above i will present this tribute story:

i was in kroger just now shoppying for things and i needed mustard and i saw WHITE CASTLE düsseldorf mustard and i picked it up on a lark thinking "lmao what shit processed ingredients go into white castle mustard"

turns out that bullshit is like, farm fresh organic ingredients. what the fuck???

it's also really good?????

Trying something out that you would otherwise balk at? Yeah. As we grow as human beings, we learn that shunning the new and otherwise uncharted territory is just not worth the effort. And you might find out you too, like it. In other words, dont knock it unless you try it.

Honestly, people can be salty about things they dont like. But being salty toward people who like the things they dont like...well thats kinda assy. As such:

Nope. But I lost a lot of respect for TC.

I feel that so hard.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

On a serious note, you do really need to try and not care about what others think about your opinions (so long as they are not "I think the Holocaust was the right thing to do" or something like that)

However, that doesn't really excuse the toxic hatred of others opinions that are expressed by people.

Ya he was definitely right, at least compared to me. I live in the USA and that's considered part of the Western world. And when you're facing north, west is to your left. Hitler was also part of the Western world, but he was further east than the US. So he was more right than I was by a pretty significant margin.

I'm thinking about starting an america-centric movement where the east/west boundary is (approximately) located at Lebanon, Kansas. This would mean that I live in the east (tri-state area) rather than the west (California).

Hey, I'd support it!

I wanna be right! Just like Hitler!

Tbh, im not all that arsed. I like what i like, and new fans can dig on Hemsworth!Thor or Agent of Asgard run all they want. So your hypothetical there kinda happened and its just not a big deal to me.

I guess age does make you wiser

It'd be better if the new fans liked what you liked, so that people would make more stuff that you like, right? But nobody can force other people to like stuff, so I pretty much agree with you.

Ya he was definitely right, at least compared to me. I live in the USA and that's considered part of the Western world. And when you're facing north, west is to your left. Hitler was also part of the Western world, but he was further east than the US. So he was more right than I was by a pretty significant margin.

I'm Australian, so I face to the south. Hitler was to my west, and so he was not right at all!

It'd be better if the new fans liked what you liked, so that people would make more stuff that you like, right? But nobody can force other people to like stuff, so I pretty much agree with you.

I'm Australian, so I face to the south. Hitler was to my west, and so he was not right at all!

New fans like Hiddleston!Loki. I love Hiddleston!Loki. Theres common ground.

I guess we're doomed to relativity...

UNLESS WE ALL IMMIGRATE TO STRAYA

Edited by Severlan