Most annoying bosses

Dragoncat

On the topic of mage bosses... Selena? Bolting plus space-filling path is a pretty unpleasant combo.

Honestly, I'd add Zoldam (Luna. Enough said.) and Radmin (Physical units without 18+ Luck stay home. Oh, wait. That's pretty much all of them not named Nailah.) to the annoying mage boss list, along with Selena.

Edited by Levant Caprice

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I'd add Zoldam (Luna. Enough said.) and Radmin (Physical units without 18+ Luck stay home. Oh, wait. That's pretty much all of them not named Nailah.) to the annoying mage boss list, along with Selena.

Come on, Sothe has 15 at base. That's good enough for Radmin.

EDIT-It is...isn't it...?

Edited by Severlan

Come on, Sothe has 15 at base. That's good enough for Radmin.

EDIT-It is...isn't it...?

...No. He has 17 Skill. Oh, and I didn't get into his 20 Magic.

Edited by Levant Caprice

Edward with 17 strength (alternative 15 str + A-support with Leo) can kill Radmin with the brave sword without counter.

Otherwise decoy him with Micky.

Yeah, but it makes all the difference in her offensive capability.

At least I wish I could give the Florette to Mia.

Mia doesn't really lack on range weapons except for the first two chapters in part 3.

In 3-2 you can buy windedges and steal a stormsword (highly recommendable). They're not as good as a florette, but Mia has enough strength and skill to use these weapons without much problems. If neccessary you can give her Soren's adept.

Mist can at least do a little bit damage to sages. Though agreed that she's a poor offensive unit.

Edited by The Taninator

He is pretty godly but at least he will eventually kill himself if you can't get past him, which is a favour that the likes of Gomez and Hening won't grant you. And he also can't counter at range at all.

As for TRS, Julius is probably worse. He is ridiculously powerful as it is but you basically can't approach him as long as some of those gladiators are around. Which is really annoying because Julius can only kill them one at a time because the gladiators won't attack someone that they can't actually hurt. And for added humiliation, Julius is probably going to beat the crap out of you with a Slim Sword.

Then there is also Karla, who spends the final chapter throwing Meteors and Earthquakes at you while cleverly staying out of your range with her teleportation. And unlike Lekain, she takes full advantage of that ability, as she can move anywhere without restriction. And naturally she can attack and teleport at the same turn. AND she carries an item that halves all damage against her. She is no that much of a threat and it's probably best to just ignore her and go for the actual boss, but her behaviour is the very definition of being annoying.

Ah, I'm not there yet. I just hit Map 29, so I'll update this.

Edward with 17 strength (alternative 15 str + A-support with Leo) and maxed speed can kill Radmin with the brave sword without counter.

Otherwise decoy him with Micky.

Why would max speed be necessary if I'm using the Brave Sword??? Also, I'd question giving two unit slots (out of only FOUR) to those two...

Mia doesn't really lack on range weapons except for the first two chapters in part 3.

In 3-2 you can buy windedges and steal a stormsword (highly recommendable). They're not as good as a florette, but Mia has enough strength and skill to use these weapons without much problems. If neccessary you can give her Soren's adept.

Mist can at least do a little bit damage to sages. Though agreed that she's a poor offensive unit.

Yeah but can Heather really steel from that boss? I imagine she'd have to be trained up to be strong enough.

I usually give Mia Wind Edges and Tanith's Storm Sword, but then she breaks them fast, and they're not too great in 1-range combat.

Yeah but can Heather really steel from that boss? I imagine she'd have to be trained up to be strong enough.

I usually give Mia Wind Edges and Tanith's Storm Sword, but then she breaks them fast, and they're not too great in 1-range combat.

I wasn't talking about a boss.

In 3-2 there's an enemy sword general, who has a steel sword and a storm sword. You can steal the storm sword with Heather (has enough strength to steal it), if he has equipped the steel sword. However it takes a few turns (4) to steal it, because the general is behind a tree and almost covers the attack range of the boss.

Decoy the general with Shinon so that he will attack him from meleerange with his steel sword.

Other way is to disarm him. Though it depends on luck.

I wasn't talking about a boss.

In 3-2 there's an enemy sword general, who has a steel sword and a storm sword. You can steal the storm sword with Heather (has enough strength to steal it), if he has equipped the steel sword. However it takes a few turns (4) to steal it, because the general is behind a tree and almost covers the attack range of the boss.

Decoy the general with Shinon so that he will attack him from meleerange with his steel sword.

Other way is to disarm him. Though it depends on luck.

Umm, would he even use the steel sword in that case??

As for TRS, Julius is probably worse. He is ridiculously powerful as it is but you basically can't approach him as long as some of those gladiators are around. Which is really annoying because Julius can only kill them one at a time because the gladiators won't attack someone that they can't actually hurt. And for added humiliation, Julius is probably going to beat the crap out of you with a Slim Sword.

Then there is also Karla, who spends the final chapter throwing Meteors and Earthquakes at you while cleverly staying out of your range with her teleportation. And unlike Lekain, she takes full advantage of that ability, as she can move anywhere without restriction. And naturally she can attack and teleport at the same turn. AND she carries an item that halves all damage against her. She is no that much of a threat and it's probably best to just ignore her and go for the actual boss, but her behaviour is the very definition of being annoying.

julius is easy; you have the tools available for him at that point in the game. power staff + gatling bow + pow plus on loffarl ORKOs the poor dude, i'm pretty sure.

i also never found karla to be a problem. TRS has weird AI when it comes to determining where the enemy warps; i'm not even sure if the AI considers which targets are vulnerable because i've definitely had karla not warp and attack units that she could easily kill. i'm also 99% sure that witches in TRS will not warp if they can hit a target within their natural movement range.

For me the problem was with Ashera's damn shield that has Counter. Though this is mostly because I wasn't well prepared for this (I didn't have any copies of Nihil to give to anyone).

Not sure if they count, but definitely the Peg Knight sisters from FE4's final chapter. Ichival, Forseti, and a lucky Mystletainn crit are the only way I've been able to beat them.

Any and all throne Swordmasters (Cog!Lloyd, Carlyle, etc.)

Any Holy Weapon wielding boss in FE4, really (Eldigan(though luckily you can avoid fighting him), Tiltyu's father(I forgot his name), Blume, Arvis, Johan/Johalva's father, and Ishtar especially)

• 2 weeks later...