Who could Ike's wife be?

The only answer is Anacybele

Realistically it was probably some random Valencian chick... Since both th the people he could bring with him are dudes.

Marth being descended from Anri's brother was a retcon. If it's the case with Priam, it's also a retcon. For now, I think it's safe to believe he is Ike's lineal descendant, not Mist's.

When was Marth and the Anri thing retconned? I remembered it from FE11 as well Nyna explaining Artemis' Curse. It's even in this SF page.

Priam would lose some of his cool factor if he descended from Boyd, tbh.

Priam is lineal. His profile calls him the scion of Ike, which is another word for lineal descendant.

Cool factor don't play in genetics.

I'm more familiar of the term "scion" to mean a descendant of a wealthy or noble family, or in Priam's case "notable." You can use it in the context of a person just from a middle-class family, but it would sound a little funny. "He's the scion of a mechanic" definitely doesn't sound as grand as "He's the scion of a great knight."

But with the embedded "descendant" in the "scion" definition, I fall back to what I said earlier.

also Priam looks almost exactly like Ike, if he was descendant from Mist, he should look more like a fusion of Mist and Boyd (not getting into hair color because that could change down the line, but facial features shouldn't that much)

Genetics are very finicky. It's not uncommon for children to look more like their grandparents, for example. Traits that existed far in the past can pop up again many generations later.

Ike and Mist took features from Greil and Elena. Priam could be a result of Greil, Elena, Mist, Boyd, whatever.

Though I'm not going to get into genetics that much since this is anime genetics and blue trumps all apparently.

Um, was that really necessary? I'm in a shitty enough mood as it is, I don't need anything fueling it. My anger is hardly your fault, but still.

The expression "got a laugh out of you" doesn't usually mean "I got a laugh from what you wrote." Usually it means "Got you to laugh."

You wrote lol at Aimee.

But by all means, Roy can prove me wrong.

Aaaaand ninja'd

Edited by Dual Dragons

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm firmly in the "Priam is a lineal descendant" camp, but given that it's been some thousand years in between Priam and Ike, I don't see how looks are really relevant. I mean it's possible that Ike's looks passed all the way down, but hardly any real criteria here.

I guess if you step outside the in-universe logic, you could say that because Priam's design is so heavily based on Ike's, you can infer that he's intended to be directly descended, but that's not going to convince people who think he's Mist's descendant.

Also the idea of Elincia leaving Crimea for Ike would be awful. It's only possible if fan service trumps integrity here.

Cool factor don't play in genetics.

I was just making a light jab at Boyd, not a serious argument here.

I'm more familiar of the term "scion" to mean a descendant of a wealthy or noble family, or in Priam's case "notable." You can use it in the context of a person just from a middle-class family, but it would sound a little funny. "He's the scion of a mechanic" definitely doesn't sound as grand as "He's the scion of a great knight."

My understanding is that scion means direct descendant from a notable family. But I'm not sure now.
Edited by Radiant head

also Priam looks almost exactly like Ike, if he was descendant from Mist, he should look more like a fusion of Mist and Boyd (not getting into hair color because that could change down the line, but facial features shouldn't that much)

It depends on how many generations passed between Greil and Priam. I don't think Roland looked much like Eliwood in FE7, for example, but since there were 40 to 50 generations between them, it would have been weirder if Roland DID look a lot like Eliwood.

It occurs to me as well that Ike didn't have to be a descendant of Altina to wield one of Altina's legendary blades. It follows that Priam doesn't necessarily have to be descended from Ike or Altina either.

Edited by Paper Jam

Oh, I completely misunderstood Roy's post then. My apologies, deeply. >_<

Also the idea of Elincia leaving Crimea for Ike is so freaking awful.

No offense, but statements like this from people just...well, annoy me. I don't know how else to put it, I'm trying hard not to say the wrong thing again and start trouble.

Anyway, where do people get the idea that Elincia leaving Crimea for any reason is just horrible, awful, etc? I've seen them say it means she's completely abandoning it and everybody there, but how is that true? Can't she still care for Crimea and her friends there while away? I don't live in my home city, but I still love it and my family that lives there. Elincia can go home to visit if she wants to. Ike doesn't come back, but I doubt he would try to stop her if she wanted to see her friends. In fact, I kind of find that it was rather OoC for Ike to even leave as well.

I've seen people say "Elincia would never let anyone else have the throne." I would agree with this, except Renning, who was raised to rule Crimea and supports many of the same ideas as his niece, exists. People then go "but he was messed up by the feral drug!" Didn't stop him from joining the battle in Part 4 Endgame. He seems just fine to me. He even helps Elincia rule when the war is over. If she trusts him with that, surely she could trust him with the throne itself.

I can imagine it being a very hard decision for Elincia to leave for any reason, because she does indeed love her country and people. This is why I can't see her giving anyone but Renning the throne, and not leaving until she makes sure that happens. She wouldn't go anywhere without putting the country in good hands first. Elincia even said she never wanted to be queen, and while she did get a more level head later, that doesn't mean she changed her mind. She didn't grow up like a royal, so she seems like she favors the more common life more. I honestly expected her to leave her royal life behind to get with Ike (I can't see her marrying any other commoner), and I was surprised to see that her ending didn't have her do that.

Edited by Anacybele

Soren isn't a woman...

I was going to respond with someting much ruder, but thought better of it.

So instead I'll just say their love transcends such boundaries.

It's not a question of love; it's a question of reproductive capability.

That is, whom could Ike have gotten pregnant?

You do know that this is implying that it's possible that Ike got a woman pregnant out of wedlock and didn't give a crap, right? Ike's not like that. He'd marry and be there for his kid if he had one.

Who says Ike needs a wife? He might have just had a one-night stand.

Um, was that really necessary? I'm in a shitty enough mood as it is, I don't need anything fueling it. My anger is hardly your fault, but still.

I see that you realize you misinterpreted him, but if you're this on edge, it would be a better idea for you to not post until you've cooled your head.

Soren isn't a woman...

Homosexuality. They might not be able to do the do, but it's still love, and they can still adopt. Their bond is quite close, too.

I'm gonna go with Dual Dragon's theory here.

But then Priam wouldn't really be Ike's descendant. I don't think IS would be a major troll like that. xP

I see that you realize you misinterpreted him, but if you're this on edge, it would be a better idea for you to not post until you've cooled your head.

Yeah, good idea.

I'm firmly in the "Priam is a lineal descendant" camp, but given that it's been some thousand years in between Priam and Ike, I don't see how looks are really relevant. I mean it's possible that Ike's looks passed all the way down, but hardly any real criteria here.

Also the idea of Elincia leaving Crimea for Ike is so freaking awful.

I was just making a light jab at Boyd, not a serious argument here.

My understanding is that scion means direct descendant from a notable family. But I'm not sure now.

Yeah, pretty much my point about genetics.

I don't know if awful but it would sound out-of-character for me. But I never detected any romance between the two in PoR so Mileage Varies

Oh no. Sorry about that. That wasn't supposed to be read that seriously. It sounded a lot more lighthearted when I read it out loud. My apologies.

There can be connotations of both though I'm more familiar with my definition. But like I said earlier, by all means if Intelligent Systems outright stated that Ike and Priam are linked by lineal descent in the clearest words possible, I will have to concede. It's hard to beat "Ike had kids and those kids had kids and those kids had Priam" than "Priam is descended from Ike," by my standards.

Oh, I completely misunderstood Roy's post then. My apologies, deeply. >_<

No offense, but statements like this from people just...well, annoy me. I don't know how else to put it, I'm trying hard not to say the wrong thing again and start trouble.

Anyway, where do people get the idea that Elincia leaving Crimea for any reason is just horrible, awful, etc? I've seen them say it means she's completely abandoning it and everybody there, but how is that true? Can't she still care for Crimea and her friends there while away? I don't live in my home city, but I still love it and my family that lives there. Elincia can go home to visit if she wants to. Ike doesn't come back, but I doubt he would try to stop her if she wanted to see her friends. In fact, I kind of find that it was rather OoC for Ike to even leave as well.

I've seen people say "Elincia would never let anyone else have the throne." I would agree with this, except Renning, who was raised to rule Crimea and supports many of the same ideas as his niece, exists. People then go "but he was messed up by the feral drug!" Didn't stop him from joining the battle in Part 4 Endgame. He seems just fine to me. He even helps Elincia rule when the war is over. If she trusts him with that, surely she could trust him with the throne itself.

I can imagine it being a very hard decision for Elincia to leave for any reason, because she does indeed love her country and people. This is why I can't see her giving anyone but Renning the throne, and not leaving until she makes sure that happens. She wouldn't go anywhere without putting the country in good hands first. Elincia even said she never wanted to be queen, and while she did get a more level head later, that doesn't mean she changed her mind. She didn't grow up like a royal, so she seems like she favors the more common life more. I honestly expected her to leave her royal life behind to get with Ike (I can't see her marrying any other commoner), and I was surprised to see that her ending didn't have her do that.

I think this might have been Ownagepuff's bomb. Please don't take with offense but the TC's post could have been seen as conflict-inducing really fast...

If you're in a bad mood right now, Ana, I think it's best to cut losses before people come flocking in to post to this post and really try to take the piss out of you.

Who says Ike needs a wife? He might have just had a one-night stand.

Truth. I sometimes forget this argument.

So instead I'll just say their love transcends such boundaries.

I love this so much.

Aaaaaaand ninja'd again. This is what I get for considering my wording too much lolol

Edited by Dual Dragons

Soren isn't a woman...

Try telling that to fanartists and fanfic writers. Ughah...

Homosexuality. They might not be able to do the do, but it's still love, and they can still adopt. Their bond is quite close, too.

I'm gonna go with Dual Dragon's theory here.

Thats not actually the point. The point is, people actually want Soren to be female for some fucking reason. Its one of the things i detest most about some of the fandom.

Imo, Marcia is a more likely choice than Mia. She actually showed some interest in Ike since she repeatedly called him handsome. :P

Shame they dont even have supports.

ya know a long time ago i had a theory that soren was suppose to be a woman in development, but was changed during stages of the game.

i can post what i can remember from it if anyone wants too, just don't take it too seriously, cause i don't

8EjOE.gif

SHUN!

<3

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

Try telling that to fanartists and fanfic writers. Ughah...

Thats not actually the point. The point is, people actually want Soren to be female for some fucking reason. Its one of the things i detest most about some of the fandom.

Yeah this. I once came across a blog post from an Ike/Soren shipper who was frustrated that all the IkeXSoren fanart and fanfiction is yaoi trash where Soren is treated like a female in male anatomy as opposed to an actual homosexual character. It's why I can't stand the ship for the most part.

EDIT: Dropping the Ike/Elincia thing, because I now feel like I'm just causing trouble.

Edited by Radiant head

If you're in a bad mood right now, Ana, I think it's best to cut losses before people come flocking in to post to this post and really try to take the piss out of you.

Yeah, though I'm starting to cool off, I don't really like getting into that subject anyway. Being a big Ike x Elincia shipper, people arguing against the pairing just upsets me deep down. They don't have to agree with it or anything, I know hero x princess stuff doesn't appeal to everyone, but the way people argued/debated with me always made me feel like they think my theories on them are completely wrong, stupid, impossible, etc. despite how much work I actually put into them. I just wanna have my theories and enjoy them. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Ahh, okay. I'm pretty bad about missing the point, my apologies.

Still though, R63s do exist. I think that's what those are.

ya know a long time ago i had a theory that soren was suppose to be a woman in development, but was changed during stages of the game.

i can post what i can remember from it if anyone wants too, just don't take it too seriously, cause i don't

Sure, go ahead. I'm okay with it, at least.

Yeah this. I once came across a blog post from an Ike/Soren shipper who was frustrated that all the IkeXSoren fanart and fanfiction is yaoi trash where Soren is treated like a female in male anatomy as opposed to an actual homosexual character. It's why I can't stand the ship for the most part.

EDIT: Dropping the Ike/Elincia thing, because I now feel like I'm just causing trouble.

Ugah i know. Its actually kinda gross tbh. I dont mind Ike/Soren, but like, dont make Soren a woman! If yer gonna fanfic, write Soren in-character. Hes a bloke. He may look kinda androgynous, but thats because his physical body looks like a 16 year old. Branded age hella slow. Yeah, treating the character as a female with male parts is just...theres so much wrong with that.

Still though, R63s do exist. I think that's what those are.

Ehh. Its always sexualized, and im sorry, but thats tiresome and annoying.

I'm just going to keep my head canon that Priam is a branded.

Going further, I'll couple it with Red Fox's ONS theory. Ike got too yucky with the boys and hit it off with an awfully pretty cat laguz. He brags to Boyd about it the following day.

"Boyd, bruh, that girl fucked like an animal!"

"Ike, that's because she was an animal."

Ugah i know. Its actually kinda gross tbh. I dont mind Ike/Soren, but like, dont make Soren a woman! If yer gonna fanfic, write Soren in-character. Hes a bloke. He may look kinda androgynous, but thats because his physical body looks like a 16 year old. Branded age hella slow. Yeah, treating the character as a female with male parts is just...theres so much wrong with that.

Ehh. Its always sexualized, and im sorry, but thats tiresome and annoying.

I worry about this as a writer--well, not the whole "this male is now female" but the shipping and the extensions of them.

Some rabid fans will probably try to reach out to the writer and tell them what ship they support and what will happen if a writer doesn't write out that ship.

I think of Stephen King's Misery, except shipping.

THAT is the true writer's horror story!

Yeah, though I'm starting to cool off, I don't really like getting into that subject anyway. Being a big Ike x Elincia shipper, people arguing against the pairing just upsets me deep down. They don't have to agree with it or anything, I know hero x princess stuff doesn't appeal to everyone, but the way people argued/debated with me always made me feel like they think my theories on them are completely wrong, stupid, impossible, etc. despite how much work I actually put into them. I just wanna have my theories and enjoy them. xP

I pretty much don't say my ships out loud for this reason... other than the fact that I have a tendency to be a Canon Shipper or something.

It's cool if you write them by me. I may not read them but people support things or whatever. I can't say the same for others.

I'm just going to keep my head canon that Priam is a branded.

Going further, I'll couple it with Red Fox's ONS theory. Ike got too yucky with the boys and hit it off with an awfully pretty cat laguz. He brags to Boyd about it the following day.

"Boyd, bruh, that girl fucked like an animal!"

"Ike, that's because she was an animal."

Oh good god. HAHA.