• Replies 26.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• null

• DragonFlames

• Sooks

• Sidereal Wraith

Banned because yeah, I do. Although I'm curbstomping the game so far, I expect (based on what Draggy has said) it gets much more difficult. You may enjoy it.

Dragoninja'd!

Edited by twilitfalchion

Banned because GIT dat outta here!

Also Banned because I wish I was able to make good maps...I can make stories, but then the gameplay? About as exciting as watching paint dry...

Nonjon'd.

Edited by Benice

Banned because what difficulty are you playing on?
I picked Normal and it's already decently hard. Though it could just be connected to the fact that I... well...

utterly suck at FE.

Edit: Beninja'd.

Also relatable. I can come up with stories (debatably) and characters (debatably), but game design? Pff!

Edited by DragonFlames
NINJA'D!!!!

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Though it could just be connected to the fact that I... well...

utterly suck at FE.

You are prime screenshot LP material! How about an HHM ironman? You can't possibly do worse than me!

Banned because I can relate to utterly sucking at FE, although my constant refusal to use good units has gave me experience, and they say that experience feeds growth.

Banned because normal. But I'm only on Ch. 2, so...I might get completely destroyed in the next chapter. Who knows?

I'm pretty bad at FE myself. The Ashera fight only left me with 4 units after all.

B-B-B-B-beninja'd!

Edited by twilitfalchion

Banned because when it comes to sucking at FE, my track record looks something like this:

I gave up FE5 at Chapter 4, because I couldn't beat it.
Fates Conquest on Hard was literal hell (not connected to story or characters this time) - I'm still not quite sure how I've managed to beat it.
I couldn't make it past Chapter 11 when I tried Hector Hard Mode the first time.
I couldn't even beat Eliwood Hard Mode when I tried to Ironman that one.
The less we speak on my pitiful attempts at beating Awakening on Lunatic, the better (i.e. I didn't make it past the prologue) - I haven't even beaten that game on Hard difficulty yet (though I never attempted it).
I never beat PoR on (Western) Hard before, though I did manage to complete Radiant Dawn... somehow.
I haven't beaten Shadow Dragon on anything above Normal.

And I got into FE 12 years ago.

Sooks, I'm coming for your title! XD

Banned because the hardest FE game I've beaten was Radiant Dawn, which as you know from my posts I barely scraped through at the end.

Other than that. I've beaten Awakening hard/casual (but only with hours and hours of grinding).

I usually pick normal for most FE games, although 3H's hard/classic is basically a perfect difficulty in my opinion.

I gave up FE5 at Chapter 4, because I couldn't beat it.

That one was kinda wack, yeah.

ates Conquest on Hard was literal hell (not connected to story or characters this time) - I'm still not quite sure how I've managed to beat it.

Damn! That's dummy thicc impressive. I can't wait 'till I get to try Conquest.

I couldn't make it past Chapter 11 when I tried Hector Hard Mode the first time.

The peggies there are kinda scary, yeah. But hey, I killed Matthew in chapter 10, (A LYN MODE TRAINED MATTHEW TOO) Lowen, Serra and Rebecca in chapter 12, Bartre and Marcus in 13x, Dorcas and Erk in 14... By chapter 15 the only survivors were Eligood, Hector and Oswin. Yikes.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I couldn't even beat Eliwood Hard Mode when I tried to Ironman that one.

If I ironmanned HHM, It would have ended in... Chapter 3 of Lyn mode. Oof.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I never beat PoR on (Western) Hard before

Because it's bad

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I did manage to complete Radiant Dawn... somehow.

RD is real tough, you can't be that bad! I got stuck in rebirth 3 for several months, and Oliver's for several months before that!

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I haven't beaten Shadow Dragon on anything above Normal.

I mean...Uh...Me neither?

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

3H's hard/classic is basically a perfect difficulty in my opinion.

If you're doing a mage Raphael solo, that is.

Banned because my favorite FE for good difficulty is FE6, having a good Jagen for once is soul satisfying. And Berwick is just...Well, I can't think of a single thing FE does better than Berwick. Perfect.

Banned because it is!
Here's one of my personal favorites.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Damn! That's dummy thicc impressive. I can't wait 'till I get to try Conquest.

It was also the most soulcrushing experience I ever had. I did not enjoy a single second of it. And it cemented my unfettered hatred for Fates as a whole.
In retrospect, I don't even know why I went through with it.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

The peggies there are kinda scary, yeah. But hey, I killed Matthew in chapter 10, (A LYN MODE TRAINED MATTHEW TOO) Lowen, Serra and Rebecca in chapter 12, Bartre and Marcus in 13x, Dorcas and Erk in 14... By chapter 15 the only survivors were Eligood, Hector and Oswin. Yikes.

Wait, wasn't Chapter 11 the one where Hector and Matthew are all alone in Ostia Castle?
I think I got the Chapter numbers wrong, then, because I distinctly remember failing that map over and over.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

If I ironmanned HHM, It would have ended in... Chapter 3 of Lyn mode. Oof.

Oof indeed. But that can happen. My run almost ended in Lyn Mode, too.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Because it's bad

kek

RD is real tough, you can't be that bad! I got stuck in rebirth 3 for several months, and Oliver's for several months before that!

I had tons of help from a friend who already played it, though.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

Banned because my favorite FE for good difficulty is FE6, having a good Jagen for once is soul satisfying.

The ambush spawns kinda killed that game for me, ngl.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Wait, wasn't Chapter 11 the one where Hector and Matthew are all alone in Ostia Castle?
I think I got the Chapter numbers wrong, then, because I distinctly remember failing that map over and over.

Nononono, that was me goofin' up. Chapter 10 is the really terrible Rain map. 11 is Matthew and Hecotr Hecoptr

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The ambush spawns kinda killed that game for me, ngl.

Eh, the only truly terrible ones are in chapters 8 and 4 IMO. Then again, for me, polish is about the least important thing, so...

Banned for assuming that he was wrong.

Edited by Benice

Banned because ninjafalchion appreciates good music!

Nononono, that was me goofin' up. Chapter 10 is the really terrible Rain map.

I kinda figured, because I remember Lyn mode having 10 chapters.
But I was unsure regardless, because I haven't exactly memorized every chapter. XP

Eh, the only truly terrible ones are in chapters 8 and 4 IMO. Then again, for me, polish is about the least important thing, so...

The number of times those ambush reinforcements caused resets for me went way beyond what I find acceptable (next to the janky hit rates).
Honestly, the mere presence of ambush spawns is an immediate "no" from me in regards to any FE difficulty, not just FE6. That is not challenge, that is just giving the finger to blind players.
If your FE difficulty has ambush spawns, then it can't call itself "fair" in my eyes, hence why I absolutely REFUSE to play Three Houses on Maddening mode.

Edited by DragonFlames

Banned because imo only Conquest and maybe RD got difficulty right when it comes to FE.

FE6 is just bad, so is FE7, FE8 is Seth Seth, FE9 is ez, DS games has bullshit ambush spawns on hard and higher, Awakening has inflation to the max, 3H goes back to ambush spawns and stat inflation on maddening

Edited by Shrimperor

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Honestly, the mere presence of ambush spawns is an immediate "no" from me in regards to any FE difficulty, not just FE6. That is not challenge, that is just giving the finger to blind players.

True enough, they just never truly cost me, even when I was blind. Thracia's...Those were a lot meaner IMO, as far as I've seen.

Wait, there was that one time with Shanna.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Banned because imo only Conquest and maybe RD got difficulty right when it comes to FE.

No man, Revelations has best difficulty! I love shoveling snow!

Banned for not acknowledging rev as the epitome of map design.

Edited by Benice

Banned for giving the concept of not being able to sleep at night a new and funny name.

10 minutes ago, Benice said:

True enough, they just never truly cost me, even when I was blind. Thracia's...Those were a lot meaner IMO, as far as I've seen.

Ambush spawns.
Janky RNG.
Randomly making two of your items vanish if you have too many on two characters (a.k.a. Kaga Bullshit).

Thracia showed me really early that it wants me to hate it. Left that train while I could.

Edited by DragonFlames

Banned because i need to patent "pulling a Shrimpy" xD

RNG

One thing i love about 3H is that almost all rng skills got turned into trigger condition skills or combat arts. So much better and a huge step in the right direction.