Fire Emblem: Magvel 803 - Alternate Story Act Three

Shin

Pawn for sure

The shopkeeper gave Kassem a dirty look as he walked in, his focus on the rogue's hands. "If I see you helping yourself to anything, I'll cut those hands of yours clean off."

Devil Sword (15/20) - 500G

Fire Sword (8/30) - 325G

Slim Sword (19/30) - 275G

Steel Lance (13/30) - 200G

Iron Axe (11/45) - 50G

Hand Axe (15/20) - 150G

Sharp Fork (20/20) - 3000G

Mirage (5/25) - 225G

Strange Idol - 250G

A sharp dressed man

The Blacksmith stood waiting at the counter with Fred's goods on the counter. "Ha, haven't made a fine set like that in a good while. Way better than your old tin can, might actually provide some decent cover."

Fred regains his armour and gains a Training Sword!

Edited by Shin

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A battle of the bows

The guard nods again, allowing Edgar entry to the arena. It seems that either he'd been doing his job for a long time or he'd gained the ability to read minds. "Bows only bub, Isabelle don't fight with no sword."

Edgar's foe was a rather petite woman, with long dark hair resting on her shoulders. Naturally, Edgar's eyes didn't wander downwards like the true hero he was, but if they did, he'd have liked what he'd seen. "Unless you're aiming for my heart, you better keep an eye on the bow, punk." she barked, readying herself. Whoever this Isabelle was, one thing was clear - she wasn't a push over.

[spoiler=Edgar lucks out]

Isabelle Lvl15 Sharpshooter @Steel Bow
HP: 25/25
Atk: 7x1
Hit: 81
Crt: 1
AS: 19
vs
Edgar Lvl15 Jerk @ Steel Bow
HP: 29/29
Atk: 13x1
Hit: 42
Crit: 0
AS: 17
Edgar attacks first but misses!
(2, 87, 47)
Isabelle shoots and deals 7 damage! (22/29)
(33, 48, 79)
Isabelle shoots and deals 7 damage! (15/29)
(99, 48, 63)
Edgar shoots and deals 13 damage! (12/25)
(77, 3, 86)
Edgar shoots but misses!
(88, 31, 41)
Isabelle shoots and deals 7 damage! (8/29)
(5, 99, 77)
Isabelle shoots and deals 7 damage! (1/29)
(3, 57, 17)
Edgar shoots and ends it!
(26, 27, 30)
Edgar gains 30XP!
Edgar gains 5 Bow WEXP!
Edgar gains 400G!

Thea wandered through the shops, trying to find some sort of shop that might sell magical trinkets. She'd spied the pawn shop but wasn't interested in what it was selling. Most of the stuff there was useless junk or almost broken anyways. Spying a shop that seemed like it might fit what she was looking for, she headed in.

"GOODNESS GRACIOUS!" Fred couldn't help but exclaim with a weird mix of pride and joy at his fixed up armor, fixing himself into it as quick as he could. "Thank ye kindly, sir! I can barely believe this is me! Ol' Fred, wearin' this here fancy suit of armor! I feel like one o' them Grado Royal Knights, hehuh! Mighty thanks!" He gave the man a hard hand shake, and confidently strutted out of the shop. What was there to do with a nicely tuned up suit of armor? Fight, of course! But Fred wanted to know what was going on around town first. SO! Armor on, and new sword in hand, Fred went fishing for rumours.

Shopping is Magic

Seemingly not content with the various stores she'd visited so far, Thea's next gander took her to a more standard store - one she could at least trust to have decent stock. The woman at the counter watched Thea as she walked through the door, smiling playfully. "I knew you were a spellcaster as soon as you walked through the door. I have some standard wares, but if you had anything interesting to show me, I might be able to fish something special..."

Fire (40/40) - 600G

Lightning (35/35) - 650G

Shine (30/30) - 1150G

Flux (45/45) - 700G

Heal (30/30) - 800G

Mend (20/20) - 1300G

Vulnerary (3/3) - 500G

Guiding Ring - 13000G

Spiffin' young man

The blacksmith smiled, waving Fred a fairwell as he admired his work. "Good on yah, son. I have a feeling it'll be protecting a lot more than just him."

Now very presentable, many of the soldiers greeted Fred as one of their own, leading him into some sort of city post. The banter was fairly standard, complaining about night shifts and wonky spears. However, a young lass, clad in red armour seemed to be the centre of a small commotion. Surrounded by laughing soldiers, she seemed to be working herself into a right old mess.

"I did see him! His armour was the right colour! I did see General Seth! That stuck-up battalion didn't finish him off!"

"Haha, sure, sure, sweetie. Stick to bringing us snacks. No wonder you got moved from Rigwald if you get spooked so easily."

"Yeah, maybe you want a knight in shining armour to come save you! The you could give him a lovely kiss!"

Spying a magical ring, Thea looked it over carefully before turning back to the shopkeeper. "Hmm? Anything interesting, huh? What sort of interesting were you thinking? I'm afraid I don't have too much right now, but I have friends who might have something of interest to you."

An eye for quality

The store owner smiled, knowing too well of Thea's interests. "I see, you're looking to further your magical career? These are rare items, but for the right price I'd be willing to part with it. If you can bring me any magical items that are rather uncommon, I might just give you a discount."

Jason opts to head to the library for the morning of the second day, keen on seeing if any new books had perked his interests since his last time at the capital.

Thea nodded. "Yes, I'd like to find a way to become stronger. As for unusual magical items... I have this tome. It's unlike any I'd seen before." She pulled out Barricade and showed it to the woman.

Pawn for sure

The shopkeeper gave Kassem a dirty look as he walked in, his focus on the rogue's hands. "If I see you helping yourself to anything, I'll cut those hands of yours clean off."

Devil Sword (15/20) - 500G

Fire Sword (8/30) - 325G

Slim Sword (19/30) - 275G

Steel Lance (13/30) - 200G

Iron Axe (11/45) - 50G

Hand Axe (15/20) - 150G

Sharp Fork (20/20) - 3000G

Mirage (5/25) - 225G

Strange Idol - 250G

"Help myself? Oh don't worry, I wouldn't dream of it!" Kassem replied, holding up his hands and smiled, acting rather carefree. In reality he'd mentally gulped at the threat, and while not intending to steal anything he expected to see there, that thought was enough to solidify that plan. Walking over to the counter, the man glanced around at what was available. A lot of it was neat, but very beat up. His eye fell on an iron axe due to the minuscule price tag, but it's condition was rather shotty and an iron axe didn't seem like it would be very helpful. However, further examination did show some more interesting gear.

Kassem first noticed a strange sword. It was rather beat up looking, but it seemed like it could be helpful. Next he noticed a book, also very beat up. However, it was obviously a light tome, one he hand't seen before. Neither were very expensive. "Hm..." he mumbled, adding up the price in his head. "I'll take this...and this..." he remarked, pointing first to the Mirage tome and then to the Fire Sword. After ordering those two items, he continued to scan the counter, pointing in line with his vision. "And this," he continued, snatching up a small, strange looking idol.

The thief was almost done with his search when hand passed by yet another sword. A small feeling of dread washed over him, and his hand stopped over it. Despite that feeling, the weapon seemed to be in fair condition, and it's price was rather reasonable. "...and I'll take this one to," he remarked, with far less surety than with the other three items. "That's 1300 gold, right?"

This was great! Fred had never had people talk to him with such respect! Maybe appearances were worth something? Whatever it was, he was more than happy to follow along and join in the banter, even if his speech got him a few weird stares. Perhaps the armor stayed further suspicion into it. Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end, as a squeaky little soldier girl made a rather off comment about his group. He wasn't gonna sit down for that!

"Now listen here, l'il missy. I was part o' that there group o' soldiers. An' some of us might be a bit stuck-up in the clouds there, Edgar 'specially, but I ain't gonna take none o' that lip. Don't go talkin' 'bout people y'don't know. An' as fer Seth, I heard some o' those rumors, but I ain't believin' 'em! That no good Renais general done went down'n dead! I watched it happen. I even crossed lances with the guy. He was more gruff'n I done expected." Fred took a moment to remember Seth's words, a bit disappointed that the general had been so... Curt. The legends painted him as far more respectable.

"Now... Y'said y'saw 'im. Where?" That was the part Fred was actually curious about. Perhaps someone had stolen the armor off his corpse, and was now parading around as the man. Or he came back from the dead! They'd dealt with a zombie king. Zombie Seth wasn't all that farfetched.

A picture book is worth a thousand word books?

The library was a place of silence, which would make it a fitting place for Jason. The self proclaimed scholar's taste was likely to differ to Thea's, although he was still able to find a book of use.

"When trying to hit a moving target, it is essential that one aims where they expect it to be.

If one aims where the target is at firing, one might as well aim in the opposite direction.

It is not possible to dodge an attack that was never destined to hit."

As obvious as it was, the words did paint the message in an amusing light. That counts for something, right?

Jason gains 1 point of skill!

A pleasant presentation

The woman seemed relatively surprised by the tome, taking it from Thea to thoroughly examine. "Incredible, I haven't seen this kind of magic for a fair while. Where did you get this from? I'd gladly knock two thousand off the ring if you're willing to part with this" she offered excitedly, apparently in awe of the book. Was it possible it wasn't particularly common?

Unvalued customer

The man simply nodded, accepting Kassem's money. "Good, now get out. This ain't a library."

Kassem spends 1300 for the Fire Sword, Devil Sword and Mirage!

The battle of the rednecks

The other soldiers applauded Fred's words, one giving him a pat on the back. "You tell the little wench, big guy. It's heroes like you and your group that'll win the war for us. Don't take any note of her." a large soldier chortled, giving the girl a disapproving look. "If he said that he saw the general, there's no doubting him. I mean, he even went toe-to-toe with him, that's more than a casual glance."

Lost for words, the girl hurried to the door, nearly tripping as the mob of large men laughed. Before she could leave, she crashed into a hulk of a man, one Fred would recognise as Thwomp.

"Oh? Thwomp not see, Thwomp sorry." he said, looking down at her.

Fred could hear mutters in the background.

"It's the big guy, the one who doesn't talk right."

"Yeah, you'd normally bully someone like that."

"At his size? I wouldn't want to be in his bad books."

Now that was annoying. Fred wasn't trying to put anyone down, he just didn't want people lying! He grumbled about the men in the room, folding his arms and watching Thwomp crash into the girl. At least his significant armor left a pleasant mood floating about his head, but his mood had still been fouled.

"Quiet down, all a y'all!" he barked, shaking his head. "I ain't here to put 'er down! It just didn't make no sense. I saw Seth die, so I wanted t'know where she saw 'im. I reckon it might be an idear t'go an' check it out. Little missy," he said, coming over to her again and bending over to her level, putting his hand out to shake. "Let's start over. I'm Fred. Just a regular ol' Grado soldier, I assume like yerself. Don't mind Thwomp, there. He's big, he's intimerdatin', but he ain't gonna hurt a fly 'less it hurts him first. Now, where'd y'see Seth? I ain't gonna call you a liar 'til I can check it out fer m'self."

Thea hesitated and then shook her head. "I.. Not right now. Maybe later. If... Is there anything specific you were looking for? If there was, perhaps I'd be able to better help."

Mercedes, clearly drunk off her ass at this point and ever-so-slightly weighed down by that Red Gem, went to the market area in hopes of getting more drinking money from that gem. She considered keeping it, but it wouldn't fit well on her axe, so she left it alone. For now, anyway.

The Iron Giant and the pipsqueak

The young girl looked up to Fred, seeing that at least he wasn't out to antagonise her. "I saw him at Rigwald, he was part of the force that attacked there. Of course we managed to hold them off for a bit... but they moved me back here... didn't hear nothing about if they attacked again."

Magical thingies

The store owner winked at Thea. "Anything that I wouldn't see in a store... stuff gets used up here, but you'd be likely to find nutty collectors or sentimental old timers with some interesting apparel."

Red wasn't her colour

After a little searching, Mercedes came across a dodgy merchant willing to take the gem off her hands.

Mercedes gains 2500G!

No hand shake. No problem. Still sounded really weird, though. "RIgwald, eh? Well... Thwomp, what'chu makin' 'bout all this? I'm pretty dang sure Seth's dead." Maybe the quiet giant would know what to make of it... Fred would bring it up to the rest of the group, anyway, though he suspected he'd be met with the same disbelief he showed.

Thwomp, the thinker

Thwomp paused for a moment, his brick-like face contorting with thought. "Thwomp see no reason why girl lie, but Thwomp also sure that Fred not lie too. Thwomp think something not right, we be careful. Might worth mention at meeting."

Alex rose from bed a bit late, she stretched as she walked through. Remembering they were going to the palace soon, Alex considered taking a look at the barracks first.

The Barracks or something

Much like Jason before her, Alex was faced with the same group of men doing their various regimes.

"Well, aren't you a little flower? Come here to put some welly behind your strike, then you've come to the right place. Don't matter how big or small you be, I'll sort you out all the same."

Physical weapon WEXP - 150G for 5 WEXP, 350G for 10 WEXP, 550G for 15

Growth reallocation - Enquire

Constitution training - 1000 per point

General training - 200G for 25 XP

"Worth mentionin' is right. Mighty thanks, girlie. Don't go lettin' these brick heads get'cha down. I ain't gonna discriminate; iffin you try hard enough, I reckon you could be a darn good soldier! Keep at it." He ruffled her hair slightly, guffawing a bit, before moseying on over to Thwomp. "Well, best be gettin' t'that meetin', then. Unless you got somethin' that needs bein' done here."

Alex tried not to make much of the man's comment. Not feeling like thinking too hard about her size in the morning. "Fine. I'd like some sword trainin'. Haven't been cutting it in the field. Show me yer best." She replied, ready to part with more money.

Swing dat sword

The trainer showed Alex the ropes. She knew basic swordplay already but there were a few things that weren't quite intuitive. "Not bad at all, shame about your size, if you were a little bigger you'd have mighty potential... in fact... don't tell anyone I gave you this, but it might help out in battle!"

Alex spends 550G to get 15 Sword WEXP and acquires a Dubious Concoction!