Will this have exclusive content for the N3DS?

HeartTranquil

I still play with my 2DS because the N3DS standard isn't available (yet?) in NA.

Just wondering what are the chances Nintendo will lock exclusive content (story, characters, DLC, events) to N3DS?

Basically, if you don't have a N3DS, then you cannot enjoy some parts of the FE If game.

To worry or no worries?

Well, an issue is that there will be almost certainly stuff that will be unlocked with Amiibos, which so far can only be used with the N3DS since an adapter for those things isn't out yet, or even has a release date. Still, it would hopefully be released before this game.

Nah, that's just Smash Brothers.

For the most part Nintendo uses Amiibos to unlock stuff that's already in the game. Like, in Hyrule Warriors you unlock the Spinner, in Mario Kart you unlock some costumes and in Codename: Steam you unlock Marth, Ike, Lucina and Robin as playable characters.

And they seem to that with just about every new game now, so I don't see why this one would be different. Like, they could use a lot of the bonus stuff in Awakening but having it require an Amiibo to unlock.

Edited by BrightBow

Nah, that's just Smash Brothers.

For the most part Nintendo uses Amiibos to unlock stuff that's already in the game. Like, in Hyrule Warriors you unlock the Spinner, in Mario Kart you unlock some costumes and in Codename: Steam you unlock Marth, Ike, Lucina and Robin as playable characters.

And they seem to that with just about every new game now, so I don't see why this one would be different. Like, they could use a lot of the bonus stuff in Awakening but lock it with an Amiibo.

this will be really really bad

DLC to unlock certain characters is meh, but buying amiibos to unlock? that's really really annoying.

this will be really really bad

DLC to unlock certain characters is meh, but buying amiibos to unlock? that's really really annoying.

The content will likely be specific to the characters. I imagine Marth, Robin and Lucina will be unlockable in Fire Emblem IF through their Amiibos. Perhaps some items as well. Amiibos are more exclusive due to their limited distribution so the bulk of the available DLC will still be available to other players.

It's mostly just a token thing for diehard fans. Even though I love Fire Emblem, I have my doubts that there are enough applicable games to warrant the Amiibo purchase.

As others have said, we don't know yet, but I highly doubt any important gameplay elements will be new 3DS locked.

At the moment, AFAIK the only additions from playing on a new 3DS are improved camera controls in the case of Majora's Mask or Monster Hunter 4 U. That or, in Xenoblade's case, the ability to run the game (since it's a new 3DS exclusive game).

At most, content from amiibos. If Nintendo wanted to effectively cash in on the fanbase that Awakening has acquired, it'd make sure that practically all of the content is available to those using the old 3DS or the 2DS models.

If it only has the amiibo functionality, I won't mind as long as it doesn't feel like it should be a part of the game in the first place.

The only other thing I can think of is the c-stick for camera control like in the tellius games.

Again like most of the others have said so far, probably Amiibos. I mean I guess they could have exclusive DLC(?) for the different systems or maybe have slightly more DLC on the N3DS at most (because of the improved capabilities on that thing), with the former being unlikely. But still... if by the small chance there is exclusivity, I wonder what kind of things would exclusive... Any thoughts?

I wouldn't mind.

I'm planning on getting a N3DS soon anyway for Codename STEAM. If it gets amiibo functionality too, that would only be a plus for me since I already planned on buying all the FE amiibos. Not because I felt obligated to, I just like FE enough to buy them.

Edited by Fry

Nintendo holds the Fire Emblem series hostage, so you really have no other choice or say in the matter. Want those additional goodies they give away? Buy their stuff.

Ugh, I'm getting sick just reading this. Horrible direction, Nintendo is currently going.

Edit: Not sure if I really understood what you meant so, whatever... amiibo-DLC sucks.

Edited by FierceRagnar

Ugh, I'm getting sick just reading this. Horrible direction, Nintendo is currently going.

Aww come on... give em another chance. They've made mistakes sure, but I'd like to stay positive and say that they could do some ingenious thing with the whole content. Still... I get where you're coming from. I don't like having exclusive content for just one system.

Then again, I probably shouldn't be saying anything since I already have the N3DS...

In what way is FE "being held hostage" by Nintendo, exactly?

It's what you call it when you have to buy a specific console just to play a specific game or game series, because that game or series doesn't appear on any other systems. Thats when they call it "holding a game series hostage". Or do you think fire emblem will come out on psp? No? Didn't think so.

Edited by GrySun

It's what you call it when you have to buy a specific console just to play a specific game or game series, because that game or series doesn't appear on any other systems. Thats when they call it "holding a game series hostage". Or do you think fire emblem will come out on psp? No? Didn't think so.

Using your definition, nearly every game that is released is "being held hostage".

Every company is entitled to have their own exclusive content though. That is what separates them from each other. Otherwise, we might just have one giant megacorporation producing video games.

On topic, I don't believe that If will have any New 3DS-exclusive content.

Great addition skills you got there. The modern game companies are quite nice, eh? Modern gaming at its finest.

"Deductive" is the word I think you're looking for.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Er, you didn't see Mario on the Genesis either, it's not a new phenomenon at all.

Mario is a mascott of Nintendo so its understandable. Nowadays the greedy companies know that their consoles are pretty much garbage and all the same, which is why they can only draw people in with games at this point. Although Fire Emblem isn't the best example, as it was always on Nintendo consoles. It's more ridiculous to see game series which were on 3+ consoles for many games to have their next installment ps4 only, for example. Quite shameless if you ask me.

"Deductive" is the word I think you're looking for.

Not really. All you did was add two and two together. But call it deduction if it makes you happy.

To stay on topic: I believe it will have some n3ds exclusive content. Although probably nothing too big. They may also make the game like smash, ie.: extremely laggy and hard to run on a normal 3ds, so better upgrade to enjoy the most.