Bolt Axe

Radiant Dawn isn't consistent either.

Arcfire and -wind require weapon level B while arcthunder requires wepaon level A.

All the brave weapons require weapon level C except for bow, which requires B.

Therefore the killer bow can be used with weapon level C unlike the melee range killer weapons, which require weapon level B.

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

Read what I said again.. we don't disagree.

I wasn't right though, because D Steel Axes were as of FE11, not FE12.

EDIT: They're C in FE10/13 actually, because it goes Bronze -> Iron -> Steel in those games.

Edited by Lord Raven

Ike still has the highest magic of all sword users after his promotion however Mia becomes better than him (maybe too late).

Tanith is the best magic weapon user. She has good base magic 10 and decent growth 35%.

She's overleveled, when she joins.

Though if get the flame lance, she can 1RKO most of tigers and she also can 1RKO the bird laguz with the sonic sword.

I guess I just have high standards for magic weapon use in FE9... Maybe TOO high.

Radiant Dawn isn't consistent either.

Arcfire and -wind require weapon level B while arcthunder requires wepaon level A.

That is weird; I assumed all arc weapons were A, and that they were the magic equivalent of silver weapons. Then again mages aside from Micaiah all have pretty generous weapon levels so I've never had to worry about it.

• 2 weeks later...

That is weird; I assumed all arc weapons were A, and that they were the magic equivalent of silver weapons. Then again mages aside from Micaiah all have pretty generous weapon levels so I've never had to worry about it.

Arc- tomes are actually the equivilent of the Steel weapons (Torando, Thoron, and Bolganone are the closest too Silver Weapons, though they are S rank for some reason) it might seem odd but remember that the basic tomes (Fire, Wind, and Thunder) are actually on the same level as bronze weapons, not iron, same with FE13 actually.

Now back on topic (kind of): I assume the bolt axe is there so that Boyd's and Largo's Magic stat isn't literally worthless*, (fun fact both Rolf and Shinon have 20% magic despite magic being literally worthless* for them, it's also literally worthless* for Laguzs (sans Nasesala and Reyson) and thieves, though the game designers were smart enough to give those units 0-10% magic growths)

*Not including transfer bonuses to FE10

Now time for a another Random Tangental Fun FactTM: Ever Fire Emblem until FE13 had at least 1 character with one completely worthless stat: Str for mages in FE1/2/4/5. Wlv for Manaketes in FE1/FE3, Str and Skl for Dancers/bards in FE6/7/8, Magic for non-swording physical units in FE4, Str for Herons in FE9/10, and Str and Skl for Chainy in FE11/12.

Edited by weso12

Arc- tomes are actually the equivilent of the Steel weapons (Torando, Thoron, and Bolganone are the closest too Silver Weapons, though they are S rank for some reason) it might seem odd but remember that the basic tomes (Fire, Wind, and Thunder) are actually on the same level as bronze weapons, not iron, same with FE13 actually.

I thought El were equivalent to steel tomes because they are really good at increasing wexp, but that makes sense. I guess Thoron/Tornado/etc. are silver.

I thought El were equivalent to steel tomes because they are really good at increasing wexp, but that makes sense. I guess Thoron/Tornado/etc. are silver.

the El- weapons are equilvant to Steel Weapons in FE9, and every Fire Emblem game sans FE10 and 13, but in FE10 (and FE13) they are the equivalent to Iron (Blame Bronze Weapons for this weirdness), and only in FE9 do El weapons give good weapon XP (well to be fair in FE10, you're kind of stuck with them until B Rank, A Rank for Thunder magic, and between them and the E rank tome, I guess they are good WEXP for early game)

Edited by weso12

• 2 weeks later...

Only Astrid and Jill have a hope of using it, and even then they have crap magic, so it's really bad. Nolan though...

Nolan has even worst Magic than them, lol!

I always assumed that all the magic weapons were joke weapons placed in by the game designers...

As for the Bolt Axe, I suppose you could always BEXP abuse until your axe user has enough magic to be able to use it.

(Torando, Thoron, and Bolganone are the closest too Silver Weapons, though they are S rank for some reason)

Tornado, Thoron and Bolganone are A rank actually, since Rexbolt, Rexflame* and Rexcalibur* are the S rank tomes.

* - These tomes are in the code for the game, but aren't actually available in-game for some reason.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

• 3 weeks later...