Best Trueblade?

Trueblades   

141 members have voted

1. 1. Best?

Hey. If there's anything that'll help with the performance of a unit at a certain point that has a beneficial impact to an extent, I see no reason not to go with it. Boss Kills in perticular give Sothe the highest EXP before Paragon comes in, so...

I'd much rather just focus on training Nolan, Jill, etc. and bench Sothe after Part 1.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd much rather just focus on training Nolan, Jill, etc. and bench Sothe after Part 1.

That doesn't change the fact that, as CT075 put it, Sothe's a "delete button" for 3-6. Which can be pretty helpful for quick clears. Edited by Just call me AL

Nolan with crossbow + beastfoe is a much better "delete button." And with Earth support (especially if doubled), he won't get eaten alive like Sothe.

But I didn't realize this was an LTC discussion, so I'll be leaving.

Edited by Radiant head

• 2 months later...

Is it kinda strange to say that Leonardo tends to have more speed than Edward sometimes? It happens almost 1/3 of my hard mode runs.

Seriously Edward has much trouble to double stuff in HM, if he doesn't get the speed.

He's the most powerful myrmidon, but he's also the slowest one with "only" 60% speed growth.

His Spd growth is great. It's his Spd base that's the problem. Starting 1-1 (assuming he didn't get a Spd proc in 1-P), he either stops doubling entirely or has to rely on a Spd proc each level-up. Something as little as +1-2 Spd base would probably be a game-changer (in HM, that is).

Edited by The Red Queen

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not as experiencied as many of you, but to me, there is something that definitely makes Mia the better trueblade, something that just adds to her incredible bases and good growths all around. And that's the free Vantage she comes with. For Edward, if you want to take advantage of his free skill, Wrath, you'll probably have to go with Resolve+Vantage/Adept. Fact is he cannot have both Vantage and Adept on that combo, and it's still a combo that relies on him getting damaged, I don't like it. For my current run on NM, I'm going with Adept and Cancel for Mia. Thanks to her free Vantage, she has a pretty high chance to end her enemy or cancel his attacks even before he has the chance to hit her, and the chance to hit her is pretty low to begin with. She can put a superb performance without having to rely on getting damaged. Want more? Far better availability and the possibility to get transfers. So, to me, there is no doubt she's the best Trueblade. And well, I may be a little biased, but I find her to be the best unit in the entire game too.

Edited by Zelgius150

While I agree Wrath isn't a great skill, since you're gambling to use it on Player Phase and often you wouldn't want it activating on Enemy Phase and freeing up a spot for Edward to be attacked again, Vantage/Cancel doesn't sound particularly good. You're relying on two Speed% activations, it won't work unless you can counter, and Mia's dodginess makes it more worthwhile to focus on maximising her evasion.

One thing compliments the other :) While she's attacking, the chance of Adept, critical (specially when she's Trueblade) and Cancel give her a lot of chances to kill or cancel the enemy before he can even try to attack her, and that's without taking Astra into account.. And whenever the enemy has the chance to attack, she has her godly evasion (I even gave her an Earth support with Oscar). Whenever on Enemy Phase, I don't fear bringing her to the frontlines at all. Since she doesn't depend on getting low on health like Edward does with Wrath and has Vantage on her favor, most times she kills a lot, almost never get touched, and the surviving enemies are weakened enough so other units can finish them for experience. What I mean to say is that she's not only evasion, but she also excels on Enemy Phase specially thanks to her free Vantage, which allows me to put Adept+Cancel and add to her already awesome evasion, so that's more chances to get a good outcome ;)

I also got pretty good transfers for her, but that's another matter :__)

Edited by Zelgius150

While I agree Wrath isn't a great skill, since you're gambling to use it on Player Phase and often you wouldn't want it activating on Enemy Phase and freeing up a spot for Edward to be attacked again

Yeah, wrath is a suicide skill for Edward, if he attacks in melee range.

Though he can make very good use of it, if he attacks with 2 range swords. Just bring his HP down into wrath-zone and let him attack with a storm sword till the end of the chapter. A pretty good way to give him some levels in 3-6.

In fact, with the bonus that Resolve and an A-rank Earth affinity Nolan can give him, I'm sure that, at least in normal mode, Edward'll be untouchable once he reaches Resolve zone. But he has to be hit once or two times first. And if you don't get him to Wrath zone he won't be getting use of his free skill... so one should plan which attacks Edward should take... and pray that he takes them :__)

Resolve is actually a great defensive skill for trueblades. True, it only activates at less than half health, but even trueblades will never be KO'd from more than half health except against powerful bosses. At 40 speed, it reduces a 40% hit to 0%. Vantage/Cancel doesn't add to evasion which makes it less effective (even if combined with Astra/Adept it has a 50% chance to prevent a counter, that only means a 40% hit is halved to 20%) and doesn't work against enemies she can't counter, so she'd have to use a ranged sword to protect against bow users and the like.

Resolve is actually a great defensive skill for trueblades. True, it only activates at less than half health, but even trueblades will never be KO'd from more than half health except against powerful bosses. At 40 speed, it reduces a 40% hit to 0%. Vantage/Cancel doesn't add to evasion which makes it less effective (even if combined with Astra/Adept it has a 50% chance to prevent a counter, that only means a 40% hit is halved to 20%) and doesn't work against enemies she can't counter, so she'd have to use a ranged sword to protect against bow users and the like.

And with Tempest Blades you can do just that. It has the same Might as Alondite. Sure it's hit isn't very impressive, but with Resolve on, it isn't too bad of a penalty. On the account that you're getting 20 sklll assuming you maxed your skill.

• 2 weeks later...

I typically used Zihark, but I recently made the switch over to Mia. I much prefer her in this game over PoR, where I prefer Zihark or Stefan.

• 3 weeks later...

Just looking at my pic should tell you everything XD

My Edward capped everything in the last 2 games I did, nothing could hit him, so that makes him a beast in my book, although Mia is a close second

My Edward capped everything in the last 2 games I did, nothing could hit him, so that makes him a beast in my book, although Mia is a close second

I hate to be a buzzkill, but... You do realize that's not exactly something to brag about...?

Edited by Levant Colthearts

I hate to be a buzzkill, but... You do realize that's not exactly something to brag about...?

B-but, I wasn't bragging. Honestly, I just wanted to state the fact that I managed to cap Edward, and that it was the reason I preffered him. I'm sorry if you thought I was bragging :/

B-but, I wasn't bragging. Honestly, I just wanted to state the fact that I managed to cap Edward, and that it was the reason I preffered him. I'm sorry if you thought I was bragging :/

Ehhh, it's more that it's possible to have all stats capped with appliance of BEXP, which is why I said it ain't something to brag about.

It's not even all that hard to do. Just requires the realization that BEXP leveling will ALWAYS grant you 3 points no matter what. So units with ungodly high growths in a few stats can quickly cap then get a BEXP dump to ensure that their 5% stats always level-up. The four SM's from the prior game have the advantage of transfers too.

That's not to say that Eddie isn't good. Just that stat-capping isn't that unique.

And with Tempest Blades you can do just that. It has the same Might as Alondite. Sure it's hit isn't very impressive, but with Resolve on, it isn't too bad of a penalty. On the account that you're getting 20 sklll assuming you maxed your skill.

In that case, I'm talking about Vantage/Cancel, not Resolve. Ranged swords lacking accuracy is actually a problem, since if you can't hit, you can't prevent a counter which was the point of equipping a ranged sword in the first place.

Edward's magic would actually be fairly difficult to cap unless he gets blessed/statboosters, or you are on Easy and have plenty of BEXP to burn. But it doesn't matter that much anyway unless you want him to have a full set of green numbers.