Best Trueblade?

Trueblades   

141 members have voted

1. 1. Best?

As to the second part, maybe that'd only really be feasible if I bring Rafiel, which I don't, and bring in more laguz royals (again, that ain't something I do, more out of personal preference).

Theoretically you don't even need a heron to beat Ashera in two turns, if you have Nasir, Ena and Gareth and make good use of the skills and canto.

Cain + one red dragon and Elincia + all three dragons can 1RKO an inside aura.

Without lauguz royals it will be hard.

Though peggies are pretty handy for this fight.

You realize that saying that we're rushing endgame is just a point against Edward, since as a growth unit, this /should/ be his time to shine. All of the trueblades aside from Lucia are mostly interchangable in endgame, with Edward taking the most effort to get there, without any real advantage over the others. It's not a difficult prospect.

I agree with this point that any trueblade except for Lucia is good for rushing the endgame.

Though I can't see, why it takes so much effort to train Edward. Pargaon can fix it.

(Well, of course Mia is way easier to train, because she's part of the group with the weakest enemies)

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with this point that any trueblade except for Lucia is good for rushing the endgame.

Though I can't see, why it takes so much effort to train Edward. Pargaon can fix it.

(Well, of course Mia is way easier to train, because she's part of the group with the weakest enemies)

The issue is, Edward starts in tier 1, and in general, he never really shines as far as the DB is concerned. The Paragon point, Ownagepuffs already countered. There's also the part where Zihark could use it for some of part 1.

Edited by Levant Caprice

Though I can't see, why it takes so much effort to train Edward.

Because Edward will likely be around lvl 10, the low teens at most, when Zihark joins.

Pargaon can fix it.

Edward's not exactly high on the list for Paragon when compared to someone like Jill, Sothe, Nolan, or even Miccy or Laura. Not to mention, he needs a promotion to use Paragon in the first place. Edited by Just call me AL

Because Edward will likely be around lvl 10, the low teens at most, when Zihark joins.

Edward's not exactly high on the list for Paragon when compared to someone like Jill, Sothe, Nolan, or even Miccy or Laura. Not to mention, he needs a promotion to use Paragon in the first place.

No just no same goes to laura the saints of this game just purely suck

Sothe gets no exp gain until part 3 paragon or not

Micaiahs Paragon isnt staying on alot of time until she gets to 20 (before becoming a stavebot she isnt very good)

Nolan doesnt really need paragon he can level up naturally to a good level by part 3 because he is the god of the DB

Jill is the only real example

so Edward can compete he just isnt as a prime canidate for paragon

Edwards problem is his base speed and str in hardmode he cant double which is bad if he had higher bases he would still be better then zihark

The problem with Paragon is that Jill and really lays claim to it.

The issue is, Edward starts in tier 1, and in general, he never really shines as far as the DB is concerned. The Paragon point, Ownagepuffs already countered. There's also the part where Zihark could use it for some of part 1.

Paragon for Jill in 3-12 is alright.

Though in 3-6 and 3-13 she's a better contender for beastfoe since she has canto.

With paragon she will only 1RKO the cats with 20 speed. Most likely her strength won't be enough to 1RKO the tigers with the brave axe (except for critical).

Zihark can't really benefit from paragon in part 1 except in 1-8. Though he will get barely experience, because he's still overleveled.

In 1-7 Micaiah can make much more use of paragon.

In 1-E it's absolute recommenadble to give resolve to Zihark, because all the enemies have + 15 % hit / evasion thanks to Jarod's authority stars. If not, he won't be more useful than Edward, because he can be killed by two hits as well.

Edward's not exactly high on the list for Paragon when compared to someone like Jill, Sothe, Nolan, or even Miccy or Laura. Not to mention, he needs a promotion to use Paragon in the first place.

• Paragon on Sothe is waste, because he's definitely no endgame material.
  • Micaiah's and Laura's mainjob is to heal the people in 3-6 and 3-13. So they can't get much experience for that. It's pretty much impossible to promote Laura without masterseal. I use the masterseal for other DB members so she can't use paragon anyway.
  • Imo beastfoe for Jill is more useful since she has canto. I agree with paragon on Jill in 3-12.
  • Nolan could use paragon to get some levels so that he can take more hits in 3-13.

Edwards problem is his base speed and str in hardmode he cant double which is bad if he had higher bases he would still be better then zihark

Yeah, Edward's speed can be a problem in hard mode earlygame.

He definitely needs one in his first level up, because otherwise he won't double.

However Zihark joins in a chapter, when Edward should have enough speed to double all the enemies except for the myrmidons.

Though in 3-6 and 3-13 she's a better contender for beastfoe since she has canto.

With paragon she will only 1RKO the cats with 20 speed. Most likely her strength won't be enough to 1RKO the tigers with the brave axe (except for critical).

Zihark can't really benefit from paragon in part 1 except in 1-8. Though he will get barely experience, because he's still overleveled.

In 1-E it's absolute recommenadble to give resolve to Zihark, because all the enemies have + 15 % hit / evasion thanks to Jarod's authority stars. If not, he won't be more useful than Edward, because he can be killed by two hits as well.

• Paragon on Sothe is waste, because he's definitely no endgame material.
  • Micaiah's and Laura's mainjob is to heal the people in 3-6 and 3-13. So they can't get much experience for that anyway. It's pretty much impossible to promote Laura without masterseal. I use the masterseal for other DB members so she can't use paragon anyway.
  • Imo beastfoe for Jill is more useful since she has canto. I agree with paragon on Jill in 3-12
  • Nolan could use paragon to get some levels that he can take more hits in 3-13.

He definitely needs one in his first level up, because otherwise he won't double.

However Zihark joins in a chapter, when Edward should have enough speed to double all the enemies except for the myrmidons.

isnt it like already universaly known that

Edward>Zihark EM and NM

and

Zihark>Edward in HM mainly because of earth and not the contant need of procing speed

Maybe, but it ain't like any units you promote will be getting significantly more exp. As for your point about 1-E... I'd buy that, but if two hits kill him either way, I wouldn't count on Resolve as a saving star given that the authority boosts negate most of the extra avoid from Resolve.

Edited by Levant Caprice

Why is this discussion even going on. Zihark is awesome, Edward is awful.

This heavily depends on difficulty. NM is really, really generous to Eddie. There's PoR amounts of BEXP there and he can semi snowball in axeland.

HM removing WT is the biggest middle finger Eddie could possibly get. Eddie falls off in like 30 seconds if his speed doesn't keep up lol.

EM and NM Edward is still bad compared to Zihark. Zihark can use the same BEXP to his advantage to stay ahead of Eddie. Eddie's slight statistical edges don't compete with double Earth and a stronger start.

Yeah I'm baffled by how people blow Edward's marginal strength lead so out of proportion.

Also, I think on EM, Zihark actually gets enough exp gain to where it's easy to work him to Trueblade.

Edited by Radiant head

In normal mode I never ever used Zihark.

I even brought him to Greil's mercenaries just for fun.

In hard mode I use Edward conversly.

Instead against axes I use him against lances.

Lance users in hard mode do exact the same damage as in normal mode (+1 strength, -1 removed weapon triangle advantage bonus). He has higher hitrate.

A standard Edward with an A-support can take two hits by steel lances.

EM and NM Edward is still bad compared to Zihark. Zihark can use the same BEXP to his advantage to stay ahead of Eddie. Eddie's slight statistical edges don't compete with double Earth and a stronger start.

Wouldn't BEXP cost more on Zihark since he's tier 2? Eddie shines a lot more on NM. As good as Zihark? I wouldn't say that. Zihark is like 0 investment and has stats Eddie can only dream of which puts him above Eddie in my eyes. Oh yeah Earth aff is also a good point, but is Zihark around long enough to form a good support rank with any DB member?

Yeah I'm baffled by how people blow Edward's marginal strength lead so out of proportion.

I don't think either of them are too hot. Too much competition from Chuck Nolan and Haar's waifu.

That's why you do Jill/Volug.

I kind of like Zihark/Volug though, because story/headcanon-wise, I can easily see the two of them hitting it off, especially given Zihark's personality.

Edited by Radiant head

A bit late, but w/e.

No just no same goes to laura the saints of this game just purely suck

I'm not suggesting to bring her into the Endgame. I'm merely saying that she could use Paragon just for getting extra levels, be it either through BEXP or Staff usage. Especially since medics are always helpful, and she can make 3-13 quicker than it usually is to beat due to her naturally high Mag alone. As she does get the Sleep staff, and Ike generally does have pretty low Res.

Sothe gets no exp gain until part 3 paragon or not

Boss Kills. Do you know how to take advantage of them? Adding to that, the enemy with the highest AS Sothe'll face in 3-6 is 22, which comes in the form of cats. Sothe at base is having 45 ATK with a Beast Killer before enemy Def is factored in. So he's 2HKO'ing Beast Laguz. If he's at base at 3-6, he's not gonna be ORKO'ing anything outside of 16 AS tigers with that 20 Spd of his. Having Sothe's level at --/06 gives him 22.25 Spd, which lets him double 18 AS tigers (which have Def that's cancelled out by the 21 Str that Sothe has at --/06). And at --/10, he has 24.05 Spd, which doubles 20 AS cats. Thereby giving him the ability to ORKO every enemy on the map save for the aforementioned 22 AS Cats, Lethe, and Kezhda. Considering all of that, it's kind of a waste not to give Sothe any EXP during Part 1.

Micaiahs Paragon isnt staying on alot of time until she gets to 20 (before becoming a stavebot she isnt very good)

Nolan doesnt really need paragon he can level up naturally to a good level by part 3 because he is the god of the DB

Jill is the only real example

Tell me something I don't know. Though I do find Jill and Nolan kinda interchangeable when it comes to Paragon. Edited by Just call me AL

Feeding Part 1 boss kills to Sothe is dumb as hell.

So is giving him a Beast killer in Part 3.

Hey. If there's anything that'll help with the performance of a unit at a certain point that has a beneficial impact to an extent, I see no reason not to go with it. Boss Kills in perticular give Sothe the highest EXP before Paragon comes in, so...

why would i not want a delete button in a chapter filled with strong enemies

(for that matter sothe is like the best recipient of p1 bosskills before volug and jill show up, but i won't get into that)

E:

i suppose it's dumb for the same reason that "seth is a bad unit" which is also, incidentally, blatantly false

Edited by CT075