Have you ever given Burger King stat boosters?

No. It seems like a pretty big waste of time and resources. I was also under the impression that his lance rank was already capped, but it seems I was mistaken.

Hadn't even thought of it. Is his speed not capped? I'd love to actually make the Ike fight challenging.

Has anyone ever done this, does it work? I remember hearing that the Black Knight you fight in the Tower is technically considered a different unit than the one that fights with you in Part 1.

You can't remove the Alondite, just unequip it. Hence, AI BK won't wait too long before reequipping it.

You can remove it when hacking. I did that, and he shows up later with a new Alondite. So it's two different units.

1-9 I took alondite away.

3-6 he did not have alondite.

4-3 He did have a new one.

4-E-2, same as 4-3

If the BK resets, I don't understand why they make his stats so bad in 4-E-2. It makes sense his stats have to be restrained in Part 3, so that it's somewhat possible for Ike to engage him and live, but if it's a different unit in the Tower, why can't they make him a real challenge?

In all honesty, I think they intended you use the Ragnell and probably not stay on one of those tiles that give +10 defense. Probably didn't expect people to pull out the Hammer.

On Hard Mode, that fight's even easier because there's no WTD for the Hammer so Ike does six more damage per round.

Edited by Lord Raven

If the BK resets, I don't understand why they make his stats so bad in 4-E-2. It makes sense his stats have to be restrained in Part 3, so that it's somewhat possible for Ike to engage him and live, but if it's a different unit in the Tower, why can't they make him a real challenge?

Because unlike in PoR you have to beat him this time to finish the game. By making him weaker it reduces the possibility of a player getting stuck with no way to continue if their Ike can't handle him.

That being said, I would have loved for him to be closer to his FE9 difficulty in Hard Mode, since that doesn't unlock until after your first playthrough anyway.

Because unlike in PoR you have to beat him this time to finish the game. By making him weaker it reduces the possibility of a player getting stuck with no way to continue if their Ike can't handle him.

Sounds like false dichotomy though; I feel like the PoR and RD difficulties are opposite extremes. It makes sense BK is easier this time around because Ike spent three years getting better, but doubling him and beating him in 2-3 turns makes defeating him feel so unsatisfying.

As an aside, personally, I kinda think that he can be tough as is, given that Ike likely won't get the speed to double him, and the threat of criticals is ever-looming...

In all honesty, I think they intended you use the Ragnell and probably not stay on one of those tiles that give +10 defense. Probably didn't expect people to pull out the Hammer.

On Hard Mode, that fight's even easier because there's no WTD for the Hammer so Ike does six more damage per round.

I actually feel pretty sure that IS did want hammer and +10 def to be available for dealing with the BK, probably if Ike isn't used much or didn't turn out that well. The reason I believe this is the case is because they had the BK's armor get damaged so that non-ragnell weapons could hurt him. The only other reason for doing this is to make him killable in 3-7 (or whatever the river chapter where GM fight DB is), and if they wanted to make him killable for that chapter I again suspect that they would have foreseen the possibility of hammer usage.

Edited by Severlan

As an aside, personally, I kinda think that he can be tough as is, given that Ike likely won't get the speed to double him, and the threat of criticals is ever-looming...

I disagree, Ike has a pretty easy time reaching 34 speed by that time. He averages roughly that by 20/20 and he has the benefit of BEXPing in tier 2 even without transfers. His base Str is 3 below cap and his Skl even 2. Once he's got those in the pocket, it's between HP (65%), Speed (35%), Def (40%) and Luk (30%).

I disagree, Ike has a pretty easy time reaching 34 speed by that time. He averages roughly that by 20/20 and he has the benefit of BEXPing in tier 2 even without transfers. His base Str is 3 below cap and his Skl even 2. Once he's got those in the pocket, it's between HP (65%), Speed (35%), Def (40%) and Luk (30%).

I was going purely off averages (which don't project him to have 34 speed until 20/18), so yeah. You're right, though.