Best unit in manster chapters?

Man, it's hard enough getting Nanna staff rank, let alone Asvel. Heal/Mend (...does FE5 even have Mend, fuckdammit I forgot, I don't think it does) are generally good enough though. Still, you have to have at least C staves to be considered a competent and useful staffer.

Chapter 17A Vendor Sleuf(its gonna stay on sleuf and you know it) you can steal it from gustav ch18(asvel cant capture so capture bot if you want the mend from the boss) ch22 vendor

Just so many mends 4

you also have only 1 recover from a dancer in chapter 18

3 libros 4 mends 1 recover you people sure asvel is such a good staffbot when you got people like sleuf or sety coming with A

Edited by TTPK_Tal

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that should definitely be feasible as long as you're not zerg rushing the game.

by endgame I refer to chapters 22-25

chapter 22 bosses all hit res (good luck hurting cyas and reid with asvel and not getting raped in return +19 leadership of all bosses combined) and you are going to warp skip anyway

chapter 23 alfan is a magic unit but he isnt very remarkable anyway but felgus overall rapes him more with the beo sword and blaggi sword access starts

chapter 24 only thing asvel has over him is one move and felgus OHKOs reydick anyway with blaggi sword access

Chapter 24x No boss he is better at killing mooks anyway

Chapter 25 Tina magic up used Thief staff to remove stone all the deadlords are weak to blaggi sword felgus+zwei and canis are the only somewhat strong deadlords and he has no hard time killing mus for dealing with the leadership star and asvel has worse performance then sety I guess and 1 more move that 1 more move changes everything asvel may be staffbotting anyway

so yea staffbot asvel isnt combat asvel right

only 50 heals away asvel and then you got restore

who are you warping to kill the bosses in 22? Asvel's the best candidate. Pure Water or Magic up staff Asvel has 40 attack, which is one attack away from oneshotting Cyas. I think that's more than enough damage considering he's going to double. He has roughly 80 hit depending on how much luck Asvel has and how many leadership stars you have deployed, it's a death sentance for Cyas.

I think i've established that having magic doesn't protect you from getting flat out killed by Asvel regardless, so your points on the other bosses having Magic is moot.

Fergus is probably better in Leidricks' chapter, I agree.

Asvel can kill mooks just as good if not better than Fergus.

The deadlords really aren't that threatening. You have Sety now anyway, but Asvel is pretty much Sety without Holsety, which is still a a pretty good deal.

I agree though, Asvel's not getting past C Rank staves. It's not a huge deal though, considering he's gonna be the dude getting warped places anyway.

Edited by General Horace

by endgame I refer to chapters 22-25

chapter 22 bosses all hit res (good luck hurting cyas and reid with asvel and not getting raped in return +19 leadership of all bosses combined) and you are going to warp skip anyway

chapter 23 alfan is a magic unit but he isnt very remarkable anyway but felgus overall rapes him more with the beo sword and blaggi sword access starts

chapter 24 only thing asvel has over him is one move and felgus OHKOs reydick anyway with blaggi sword access

Chapter 24x No boss he is better at killing mooks anyway

Chapter 25 Tina magic up used Thief staff to remove stone all the deadlords are weak to blaggi sword felgus+zwei and canis are the only somewhat strong deadlords and he has no hard time killing mus for dealing with the leadership star and asvel has worse performance then sety I guess and 1 more move that 1 more move changes everything asvel may be staffbotting anyway

so yea staffbot asvel isnt combat asvel right

only 50 heals away asvel and then you got restore

By the time you get to endgame you have Sety, who literally can one round every unit in the game. No point wasting warp uses on Felgus when Sety can reward and rape everything in existence. And if Holsety's 50 use really are a problem, tell that to Safy's hammerne staff.

By the time you get to endgame you have Sety, who literally can one round every unit in the game. No point wasting warp uses on Felgus when Sety can reward and rape everything in existence. And if Holsety's 50 use really are a problem, tell that to Safy's hammerne staff.

sety is the best unit in the game in the chapters he is in the end

who are you warping to kill the bosses in 22? Asvel's the best candidate. Pure Water or Magic up staff Asvel has 40 attack, which is one attack away from oneshotting Cyas. I think that's more than enough damage considering he's going to double. He has roughly 80 hit depending on how much luck Asvel has and how many leadership stars you have deployed, it's a death sentance for Cyas.

I think i've established that having magic doesn't protect you from getting flat out killed by Asvel regardless, so your points on the other bosses having Magic is moot.

Fergus is probably better in Leidricks' chapter, I agree.

Asvel can kill mooks just as good if not better than Fergus.

The deadlords really aren't that threatening. You have Sety now anyway, but Asvel is pretty much Sety without Holsety, which is still a a pretty good deal.

I agree though, Asvel's not getting past C Rank staves. It's not a huge deal though, considering he's gonna be the dude getting warped places anyway.

Asvel can only kills mooks as good as felgus if he has grafcalibur equiped which we know he wont because its a waste of uses but all endgame mooks die easy to a max mag asvel shiva can just one shot cyas and then warp in leif to sieze chapter 22 otherwise its hell otherwise with reidenhart and 19 leadership (+61 avoid mooks is nothing to laugh at times) so neither asvel nor felgus are the best units against cyas(shiva and othin exist with powerful enough weapons to kill him with the amount of master weapons felgus could also use a mastersword at this point)

Edited by TTPK_Tal

Asvel is warped and kills Cyas

-10 leadership stars

Shiva can't kill Cyas, you need 2 range. Othin isn't a bad candidate though. Asvel can use some cheap thunder tome or even lightning if you have any lying around to kill lategame dudes, he doesn't need a whole lot. Shiva's very mediocre anyway.

Alternatively Asvel is warped and kills the baron dude and Leaf is warped to seize.

Edited by General Horace

Asvel is warped and kills Cyas

-10 leadership stars

Shiva can't kill Cyas, you need 2 range. Othin isn't a bad candidate though. Asvel can use some cheap thunder tome or even lightning if you have any lying around to kill lategame dudes, he doesn't need a whole lot. Shiva's very mediocre anyway.

Alternatively Asvel is warped and kills the baron dude and Leaf is warped to seize.

Lol my mistake I always remember master sword having 2 range

Shiva isnt extremely mediocre he is one of the best units in the game but I digress

so many people can kill cowen its a joke that you even bring the idea that using that strat (the LTC strat) every unit can do it even dagda with the hammer(ok that is a stretch) he has 8 speed for gods sake so yea its not like killing cowen is anything remarkable and as I said youd probably warp skip the hell that is Chapter 22

Felgus and Asvel both OHKO the mooks respectivly in endgame so the performance differs with same sety kills everything anyway and bettter at leidrick chapter so my point is correct

Edited by TTPK_Tal

You mean the point that Felgus is better than Asvel when you just said that they are equal?

Shiva has some pretty good bases and weapon ranks, and his availability isn't crap, which is the main problem of Mareeta. He can also take a hit and hold heavier weapons. He is pretty good IMO but not a gamebreaker.

You mean the point that Felgus is better than Asvel when you just said that they are equal?

Shiva has some pretty good bases and weapon ranks, and his availability isn't crap, which is the main problem of Mareeta. He can also take a hit and hold heavier weapons. He is pretty good IMO but not a gamebreaker.

I didnt deny the fact that asvel has great offence like felgus

but felgus has High move asvel doesnt which gives him edge

and better endgame disregarding the fact of LOL XDXDXDXD SETY EXISTS WHY USE ANYTHING ELSE

When both are capable of doing the same feats but felgus has better chances to ORKO leidrick

Edited by TTPK_Tal

They're pretty equal. Felgus dominates the outdoor maps, whereas Asvel dominates the indoor ones. Remember, Felgus has crap move indoors.

Fun Fact:My Felgus in my lastest run proced move on his 2nd level in chapter 4(I thought the game was shitting me)

(I didnt even know that move can grow when unmounted)

Edited by TTPK_Tal

Lol my mistake I always remember master sword having 2 range

Shiva isnt extremely mediocre he is one of the best units in the game but I digress

so many people can kill cowen its a joke that you even bring the idea that using that strat (the LTC strat) every unit can do it even dagda with the hammer(ok that is a stretch) he has 8 speed for gods sake so yea its not like killing cowen is anything remarkable and as I said youd probably warp skip the hell that is Chapter 22

Felgus and Asvel both OHKO the mooks respectivly in endgame so the performance differs with same sety kills everything anyway and bettter at leidrick chapter so my point is correct

I forgot Cyas is immortal in chapter 22, he just leaves if you get close to him.

regardless, Dagda can't kill Cohen from 2 range, no physical unit other than Othin can (more that likely). Master weapons have awful hit (they honestly aren't very good) so using them to kill Cohen is pretty out of the question. Please actually know what you're talking about before spouting random nonesense.

I still think Shiva is mediocre. He's pretty good indoors, but at the end of the day he's just another foot unit that kills things. Some dude like Trewd or Ralph can do that just as well. Shiva's better at overkilling them, yes, but the only redeeming factor he has over anyone in the cast really is Sol, and someone like Pahn has that already and can steal, and has 5 move stars, 5 PCC to make up for his mediocre bases, and Ambush.

The only thing I see Fergus being better than Asvel at lategame is killing Leidrick, only because Asvel is physically incapable (well not entirely, but pretty close) of doing so. Being better at killing one enemy = better lategame I guess.

I forgot Cyas is immortal in chapter 22, he just leaves if you get close to him.

regardless, Dagda can't kill Cohen from 2 range, no physical unit other than Othin can (more that likely). Master weapons have awful hit (they honestly aren't very good) so using them to kill Cohen is pretty out of the question. Please actually know what you're talking about before spouting random nonesense.

I still think Shiva is mediocre. He's pretty good indoors, but at the end of the day he's just another foot unit that kills things. Some dude like Trewd or Ralph can do that just as well. Shiva's better at overkilling them, yes, but the only redeeming factor he has over anyone in the cast really is Sol, and someone like Pahn has that already and can steal, and has 5 move stars, 5 PCC to make up for his mediocre bases, and Ambush.

The only thing I see Fergus being better than Asvel at lategame is killing Leidrick, only because Asvel is physically incapable (well not entirely, but pretty close) of doing so. Being better at killing one enemy = better lategame I guess.

The Dagda part was again a joke (Because dagda) its true that the 55% hit is terrible but any unit at that point at least has half decent skill and 2 range can deal with cowen (Halvan for example with a little odo scrolling)

I said he isnt a remarkable boss so killing him isnt a high and mighty achivement(I still believe it isnt and you showed me no reason but 2 RANGE othin is the best offensive overall unit(just because he isnt galzus and sety doesnt make him have worse offence for all the other parts of the game) in the game anyway so asvels achivement is done by a better unit also olwens stats compared to his comrades are fail)so asvels achivements is being better indoors then felgus (and even that by a small margain) and hitting bosses hard which many units in the game can do just as well again

Great bases Great growth spread good aviabillity 2nd highest defence growth not enough Sun Sword 4PCC

99% killing edge crit so by your logic a physical asvel with durabillity and less chance to be fatigued is worse because staff utility that wont enter much until 50 heals and saying pirn is better at join is just stupid the pcc of 5 needs to grow until he has shiva offence why not give shiva the ambush manual then he sounds like one of the best canidates who can use it asvel with your book he joins godly and never gets hit (1 rng system fuck you)

Asvel is a better late game unit simply because he's a magic unit. 'honestly i kinda hate unit that doesnt have high-ish magic in late game simply because of the bullshit staff

Isnt endgame magic units why is having magic in an area filled with magic remarkable

FELGUS HAS BLAGGI SWORD ACCESS to make him better asvels staffbotting is weaker then safys staffbotting setys staffbotting and sleufs staffboting sarahs staffbotting linoans staff botting

Linoan Sarah Sety Galzus Othin are the best endgame units with sety being literly the best one

so asvel has 0 things over him in endgame but like 2 restore uses that can be used by other units (tina can do the same with 5 movement stars)

last post for today gonna go to sleep good night

Edited by TTPK_Tal

okay so i'm just gonna quash this whole incomprehensible argument since i'm the self-declared resident expert on FE5

1. leif is the best overall in manster

2. brighton is really good in chapter 4 because he can kill an armor

3. chapter 4x is really supposed to be a team effort

4. asvel wrecks chapter 5 like nobody's business but he needs leif support and charisma

let's not forget the thieves here because you are fucked without them.

asvel is the best bosskiller and i'd say second best is probably mareeta. shiva can kill some bosses, but he only has 4 PCC and no luna or astra to deal with the +10 def bonuses.

Edited by dondon151

fergus sux. he has problems being rescued in chapter 5 (so he always lags behind) and you barely need to fight at all in chapter 4 if you didn't bring many items on leif and lifis.

i don't like how people use the argument of hero sword fergus because a) it takes him a little while to get there, and b) the hero sword isn't obtainable until you're about done with chapter 4x, and chapter 5 is fergus's worst chapter in manster. same deal with the fire sword, except in this case, it's one extra item that you're bringing into manster.

Edited by dondon151

fergus sux. he has problems being rescued in chapter 5 (so he always lags behind) and you barely need to fight at all in chapter 4 if you didn't bring many items on leif and lifis.

i don't like how people use the argument of hero sword fergus because a) it takes him a little while to get there, and b) the hero sword isn't obtainable until you're about done with chapter 4x, and chapter 5 is fergus's worst chapter in manster. same deal with the fire sword, except in this case, it's one extra item that you're bringing into manster.

Why not bring items with for leif and lifis

scrolls flame sword light sword lockpicks are already 6 items which is roughly 3 turns of lifis and lara lockpicking felgus can highten his sword rank unless you are LTCing the game you have no point to not bring the good items on them once we get out of manster felgus gets a horse (I agree 5 is like his worst chapter with no hero sword and relience on move star after deciding to replay thracia)

Chapter 5 combat performances Asvel>Leif>Felgus=Brighton

Chapter 6 combat performances HORSES

Edited by TTPK_Tal

Even discounting LTC, the less time you have to spend hanging around in chapter 4 the better.

Chapter 6 has barely any combat anyway, in chapter 7 the left path is difficult for horses and going down the right path makes things difficult if you want Shiva.

Even discounting LTC, the less time you have to spend hanging around in chapter 4 the better.

Chapter 6 has barely any combat anyway, in chapter 7 the left path is difficult for horses and going down the right path makes things difficult if you want Shiva.

You need to spend at least 5 turns there including dashins group fergus can get alot of weapon rank exp if you want all the items

I'm saying you don't want to bring more items than you need because of the reinforcements pouring in. We get it, you're obsessed with Fergus.

I'm saying you don't want to bring more items than you need because of the reinforcements pouring in. We get it, you're obsessed with Fergus.

As I said the scrolls lockpick for lifis flame sword and light sword

I am not obsessed with Felgus lol there are better units then him but asvel isnt the most amazing unit in game (he isnt safy(MVP) othin or finn which are the best overall units at least in my opinion)

He is better at outdoor maps worse in Indoor maps less faitgue chance to to higher hp

He is or slightly worse then asvel on par or slightly better overall

Edited by TTPK_Tal