Code Geass Mafia - Game Over

charlie_

Fair enough regarding him being easy going, I guess. I mean, I got the same impression in some of his earlier posts, but not really from his later posts (haven't actually read his super huge posts yet). That post isn't obvious town though, it just shows that he can't understand Blitz's logic; if that was obvious town, then everyone in this game would be town (including Blitz).

It's obvtown in my opinion because of gut + I don't see scum calling people biased for their suspicions instead of weird or scummy, since it implies they think they're town. Also I was thinking exactly the same, which might seem irrelevant but when people think the same stuff than me, even if it's wrong, they tend to be town.

I think Elie was trying to be town leader, the way he went about everything is too flashy to come from scum, and completely different from how he pushed for me in Doomsday Clock mafia. Yes, I checked.

You should read his wallposts, they're not actually that long.

I don't get why Marthipan answered Paperblade's rhetorical question either, but that's not scummy, just dumb. He gave thoughts on reads in like, his very next post? If you have issues with those thoughts, that's another matter, but you're just kind of objectively wrong here. It's like...none of those are actually townreads he's shooting down? I don't get your Bluedoom scumread at all.

It's scummy because he's shooting down a potential townread when he has no real thoughts on the logic Paperblade used or on Poly's alignment. He just suggests a workaround that implies Poly is not clear, and to be honest the logic itself feels quite unnatural.

Also he's not really replying to people's thoughts/reads and giving his opinion, so I find the selectiveness on what to reply to scummy as well. It's pretty clear that what he wants to achieve are not proper reads, but a lack of townreads. Why? Because that makes it more unlikely to get scum lynched.

I don't get how Marth's other reads make him shooting down townreads better.

Man, if you're scumreading me, at least say "sorry if you're town" like you did last time so I can feel morally righteous until postgame.

Sorry if you're town, but I don't think you are!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, right, I didn't vote yet, sorry.

##Vote: Bluedoom

His vote for Eurykins was bad but it wasn't really a big deal. What I don't get is why he never followed up through it. He pressured Eury for reads, Eury posted a wallpost after that, but Blues didn't seem to acknowledge her post at all. I find this to be pretty scummy because it feels like Blues thought he could easily restart a Eury (did I pronounce it right?) bandwagon that was initiated on D1. If he really cared about her content, it'd be more worthwhile to address her wallpost instead of trying to justify his vote on her.

Quick skim through the thread made me wary of Refa and Junk but I'll need to read through the posts properly to decide on a solid stance for them. I have to go out for a bit, really soon now.

I haven't read Elieson's giant freaking wallpost. I'll read it and hope that it clarifies my "what the hell are you doing?" opinion of him.

I still don't understand why Eurykins is such a top target here. Her posts look really fine and normal to me. Well, except I don't like wallposts but her content looks okay.

I can sorta see why Blitzy is being a top target but eh, it seems like typical Blitzy play right here, so I don't find really find it scummy.

Oh, right, people care about townreads. I'm personally finding Eurykins and Green Mitsuki as the most townish players here. Everyone else that I didn't mention I am neutral about.

Ugh fuck me. Elieson, why did you even do this to me? Replies below.

-Scum would consolidate on Kirsche even if Eury was town because Eury was probably not going to get lynched lol. This pretty much counters all of your bulletpoints so go me, I'm a fucking genius. Basically how the fuck does this prove me wrong.

-I mean I was voting Eury at deadline before I consolidated on kirsche so I don't know man, why don't you tell me whether I found Eury scummy for her earlier play or her lack of participation around deadline?

-Honestly, if you're town, I quit scumhunting forever.

-You said you hooked Mitsuki on a No Kill night. The logical conclusion is that you hooked Scum!Mitsuki, so what gives with you saying that you "didn't accuse her of anything"? Anyways, you do raise a good point here. I don't get why Mitsuki offered to claim either, especially considering she knew that you didn't hook her. Props though because this point seemed really genuine (by that I don't mean "wow, what an awesome point" but rather that I can see like the thought process behind it, even if I don't really agree with most of it).

-I don't get Junk's townslip, can you elaborate on that?

-Voting is a nulltell. Proto isn't bad because he hasn't voted, he's bad because he hasn't made an effort to progress the game all day.

-Hahahahaha, you could have TOTALLY claimed that you hooked scum on D1. Elie please, don't try and fool us.

-Why would Bluedoom explaining his Eurykins read make him townier?

-Ready for me fucking mind to be blown, sir!

-You could have admitted it was a reaction test far earlier and to me, it read like you were just trying to see if anyone CC'd you before deciding whether you'd pretend that you were a hooker or say it was a fakeclaim. Admittedly you actually got something out of your reads, so mreh.

-Uh...just because I didn't say it was based on my earlier points, doesn't mean it's not. Like nowhere did I say "man now my entire case on Elieson is ruined", so this is just basically just you nitpicking my wording.

-Actually you didn't really prove my theory wrong lol. But anyways, even if I was wrong, being confident in something that's wrong isn't scummy. However, since I'm right as usual, it's a moot point.

-Uh...I've read like every player in the game. I have like, maybe one null read on Kay. So no, I don't have a bunch of null reads. How have I become less confident on my scumread on you? The only thing that shook me up was your reaction test (which is like, duh). It's like, you're seriously misrepping my content here (intentionally or not), and it's annoying me. How have I offered very little in my reads elsewhere? It's like ugh, I spend forever making these posts and then people are like "yeah Refa is just being very passive and he's not offering any unique reads and man why couldn't he scumhunt harder" and it's so obnoxious.

-Wait, your reads parallel mine? The only person I've been bothered been whose reads have paralleled mine was kirsche.

-Basically your conclusion is super forced. It's like ugh...I can't make a calm response to it.

-I didn't vote you for your reaction test, did I?

Conclusion: Honestly, I still think your case on me is shit and worse, misreps some of my actions, but like...ugh. I've never really seen you put so much effort into defending your cases as scum (only as ITP, but lol) and you did bring up some good points (also more importantly, not sure if you'd scumread two of the most townread people as scum, especially if you were trying to save scumbuddy Eury from a mislynch...which was the impression I got from you). Mreh, would still like a response from you before I reevaluate my reads.

Oh, I missed one of Elie's posts. FYI, it didn't factor into my previous conclusion.

-How is it Blitz being unconfident townie lol. That's such a dumb reason to townread someone (even if the conclusion is right). For example, Radiant Dragon was like SUPER UNCONFIDENT in your own game that just ended and he was scum.

-And uh...huh. Everything else either wasn't really noteworthy or I agreed with. That's something, I guess.

Didn't really change my conclusion though. I mean, he had more points I agreed with, but they didn't seem as telling as the previous ones anyways.

@Proto, what do you think of Eury's reads in he wall post #508 (iirc)

I mentioned why the content is wrong, so, I will be expecting you to defend why her content is right

@Refa, well, what I was thinking is, if you show up 45mins before phase ends, you normally have to claim. I do not think the black knights were given fake flavors, so, Eury would have a hard time with coming up with a fake, even if she wanted to claim vanilla.

Now, imagine one of Eury's buddies are around near phase end and says, "don't worry about it, I will make sure the wagon is moved away from you this phase (will be pointing fingers and Boron and Junko if Eury is scum), so, don't worry about it" and Eury say,"in that case, you saved me the trouble, but just in case, I will wait around to see if things really do go down smoothly"

well, that is pretty much my thoughts on the matter

@Mitsuki, I was talking 45mins before phase ended, not 1 hour before that. Also, most people have sf signed in, so, whenever the check sf, it shows up. You would have to sign out and sign in again to go anon (j/s)

also @Refa, wrt, other things, I can put myself in Elie's shoes and see why he did what he did with that reaction test, but would like Elie to respond first (I just had a thought that MAYBE it is myscumdar that is completely busted, lol)

also, Proto, unfortunately, I am not a wagon today, so, read the thread first.

And now back to more of the usual.
@Eurykins
-It's weird that you're not scumreading half of the playerbase, but not scummy. Obviously the former has been uh...suboptimal, so I can see why you'd try to fix that regardless of your alignment.
-Why would you want to lynch Poly if he could be super lazy town? I mean like...why?
-Your RD read seems a hell of a lot stronger than your Poly read though. I don't get why they're equal.
-Ugh, don't actually see her saying this ("Either way, I'm tiring with our slapfights nonetheless and constantly having to disprove false notions against me is also causing me a minor headache. :/") as scum though. Mafia sucks.
@Elieson
-"@ baldrick, eh i'll straight out admit is because I'd feel like a dick for going " ## vote blitz, what I said D1 lol". So I think it's fair giving a person one content post after everyday."- Junk BTW this is a legit townslip, take notes. =)
@Eclipse
-You could be. It just helps me narrow down things because I was townreading a lot of the people on the wagon (as opposed to people off of the wagon).
-Wait...actually that's a good point. I don't really get why Marthipan would even bother with a pressure vote if he had legitimate issues with people (Mitsuki/GP, Junk) as it was.

It's obvtown in my opinion because of gut + I don't see scum calling people biased for their suspicions instead of weird or scummy, since it implies they think they're town. Also I was thinking exactly the same, which might seem irrelevant but when people think the same stuff than me, even if it's wrong, they tend to be town.

I think Elie was trying to be town leader, the way he went about everything is too flashy to come from scum, and completely different from how he pushed for me in Doomsday Clock mafia. Yes, I checked.
You should read his wallposts, they're not actually that long.

It's scummy because he's shooting down a potential townread when he has no real thoughts on the logic Paperblade used or on Poly's alignment. He just suggests a workaround that implies Poly is not clear, and to be honest the logic itself feels quite unnatural.
Also he's not really replying to people's thoughts/reads and giving his opinion, so I find the selectiveness on what to reply to scummy as well. It's pretty clear that what he wants to achieve are not proper reads, but a lack of townreads. Why? Because that makes it more unlikely to get scum lynched.

I don't get how Marth's other reads make him shooting down townreads better.

Actually that's totally OK; I mean I townread people for similar reasons (see: Blitz), so it'd be hypocritical for me to complain about that.
Trying to be the town leader?
Fair enough regarding Bluedoom's reasoning regarding Poly. Didn't actually think of it that way. I uh still don't really get your second point. Fuck, I townread people as much as scum as I do as town and it never makes it more likely for scum to get lynched. Marthipan townreads people easily as scum and actually kind of buddies to them as scum (I guess he could be buddying to me, but since you're reading us both as scum, that can't be your reasoning).
My point was I didn't get how he was shooting down townreads (or why what he was doing was scummy).

holy crap i never even thought about responding to people's responses to my wallposts wow

let's see how not-wall i can make this one HERE WE GO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, NOT ANOTHER ELIE!STYLE WALLPOST (someone daykill me, lol)

also, I will finally hit the books (exam tomorrow and the day after) so, expect lax activity (and in case someone really wants to know why my exams are so far apart, because of the continuous strikes going on in BD, my exams are only taking place on Fridays and Saturdays, the two day offs of the week)

Personally, I welcome another wallpost (even though I usually hate reading them, but I'll make an exception). Man, that sucks though. I should be like sleeping myself because of this driver's license test I gotta take.

I for one welcome our new wallpost overlords, and would like to remind them, as a trusted player, I can be useful in rounding up chumps and forcing them to read it and give opinions.

@Blitz: "I do not think the black knights were given fake flavors" what do you mean by this? I'm pretty sure SB would not make the game breakable by character claim.

@Marth, aware he wants to sub out I can't find anything else to talk about

Even though my sempai didn't like it, I did look at him last phase. tl;dr his thoughts were superficial, he was repeating what others said a lot and what was original was either really passive or mediocre.

My last post went answered and probably will be forevermore. :(

D2 posts:

Starts with role and no-kill natter, and a pressure vote on eury which is eh, considering even in her last post she was reminding us of her blitz read a fair bit. That said, the explanation in the next post is fair enough and I don't recognise it. Can't really argue with the GPM/Proto reads either. Junko was getting a bit tunnelly on blitz D1 so I think his ED2 was actually quite good. A slight Refa suspicion is hampered by terrible rolespec, when was the last time a vote role didn't shut down in *YLO?

Overall, better than I thought on first skim, but since almost everyone has decided to be super town I would sheep this.

Votals 2.3

Eurykins (3): Baldrick/Paperblade, Bluedoom, Blitz

Bluedoom (3): Green Poet/Mitsuki, Boron/eclipse, Proto

Elieson (2): Refa

Blitz (1): Eurykins

Radiant Dragon (1): Polydeuces

Refa (1): Elieson

Blitz (1): Junko

Not Voting (4): Radiant Dragon, Kay

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch. There are 32 hours and 20 minutes left in the phase.

Fair enough regarding Bluedoom's reasoning regarding Poly. Didn't actually think of it that way. I uh still don't really get your second point. Fuck, I townread people as much as scum as I do as town and it never makes it more likely for scum to get lynched. Marthipan townreads people easily as scum and actually kind of buddies to them as scum (I guess he could be buddying to me, but since you're reading us both as scum, that can't be your reasoning).

The second point is an extension of the first one. I can see town saying that other people's townreads are bad if they are talking a lot and interacting a lot with other people, which Marth is not doing; so I can infer that he has some kind of intention behind that.

It's not about Marth's own townreads, it's about other people's townreads. Scum want to actually shoot down those, because they can't control them. Of course if scum are the ones to townread people they're going to do it so that it doesn't minimize the chances of a mislynch, but when it comes to townreads by town it's a whole different matter.

Not sure if this is clear, feel free to ask again if it's not.

I still do not support a Marth lynch

He just seems like demotivated town

Doesn't seem demotivated to me. I mean, he hasn't even flaked yet! The other part is probably true, though.

Eury, I just feel reminded her of SMT play where she was wolf and "I have a gut feeling I am totally confident in" already got kirsche lynched

Maybe you since you're basically leading lynches on my townreads and I still think the Elieson thing was weird. It's awkward since GP's posting has gotten townier, if you weren't a hydra I'd probably be voting you tbh

I'm kind of annoyed with the level of activity from some people (Kay)

so work has been busy today i'll have to throw something together later tonight when I get home sorry no more wallposts for refa and eury to drool over for a few hours. i really wanna finish my super metroid stream though so i'll probably churn out a post, do that and then go to sleep idk yet for sure

skimming this page leads me to agree with paperbrad on the marth slot; he's playing like he did in CYOR, giving just slightly more effort maybe but the play feels the same. plus as scum he'd be tunneling eury hard all game long which he's pretty much been doing and i don't think scum would keep themselves tied to what might inevitably be a mislynch for this long. IMO he's playing really town: scum puts forth a lot of effort in making good looking cases, and Marth's just kinda been like "yea, eury's scum ok just, ugh". He doesn't seem to be grasping for anything farfetch'd, and he doesn't seem to be forcing out overblown cases (like me I guess), he's just kinda like "yea, i just pretty much think eury's scum and she rubbed me the wrong way that's what she said" kinda thing. demotivated scum might do this but i find demotivated town far more likely to just stick with a gutread with an ok foundation.

@Refa, well, what I was thinking is, if you show up 45mins before phase ends, you normally have to claim. I do not think the black knights were given fake flavors, so, Eury would have a hard time with coming up with a fake, even if she wanted to claim vanilla.

Now, imagine one of Eury's buddies are around near phase end and says, "don't worry about it, I will make sure the wagon is moved away from you this phase (will be pointing fingers and Boron and Junko if Eury is scum), so, don't worry about it" and Eury say,"in that case, you saved me the trouble, but just in case, I will wait around to see if things really do go down smoothly"

damnit this makes so much sense but what makes you think that scum were not given fakeclaims/flavours and why do you think fakeflavours even make a difference in this setup?

Well, I'm not going to reply to Elie because I can't waste my time like this and I'm so mad we would just fill pages and pages with wallposts screaming at each other, which would accomplish nothing.

However, @Elie, please look at my /in post:

k

your /in post is weird because you've outplayed GP so i dunno what you want me to say about that

but, since you claimed, (that was just a very quick skim, HONEST) I was idling last night, so, I wouldn't know if I was hooked or not, I just thought, "since I was one of your scumreads, it would make more sense of you hooking me, than someone else"-which is why I posted that.

gotchya. go reread your post and interpret it from my perspective; it came out as kinda weird

PB had not only tossed out the idea of the hydra shizz to begin with, but was then drawing up the concept of "I know the scum's not within myself, so there's got to be one within Mitsuki/Boron slots" which in turn, was funneling down a lot of reads that were happening during that time. People seemed moreso worked up over "Mitsuki v Boron hydra slots" within their reads, and I found that slightly bothersome in the sense that their priorities at the time seemed more concerned with just those two slots, rather than the expanse of the entire player base.

With as active as the game was at the time, do you think it was scummy for paperbald to bring up the whole hydra thing?

More...tonight

Which is exactly what's happening to you right now.

Really though, there's an easy way to check if your read on me is good or not: Green Poet's ISO. But I think you should wait to calm down a bit before reading her. No harm intended, but your emotional state is making you biased.

after a day to cool down or something; i wouldn't say i was overly emotional. i am fairly confident that i've stumbled on some huge things, and posted about it.

Checking GP's ISO; she hasn't really done a whole lot of overly townie things. i feel like lots of her posts have been self-defense and not a lot of contribution towards applying pressure and/or scumhunting. Other than going after eury, i can't think of anything noteworthy that GP has done to put her name into the spotlight of things. I'll need to really pick apart her cases on eury and see what i think of them but with eury being probably the most controversial slot in the game right now, it's the stuff that GP's done on the outside that really should be standing out, and your stuff just stands out more to me in that regard.

Elie would never beat Mitsuki in a 1v1

owch

>looks at this thread
>"Hey, they only produced about 2 new pages"
>sees Elie's wallpost(s)

>"… No."

lolsry

okay so uh anyway

more misrep post 496 doesn't even call you scummy it just defends herself from your case and seems to be more annoyed at you rather than calling you

Also I don't understand your third point at all?

What's wrong with ISOing people? In the ISO you're still having to read what the player actually said?

## Vote Blitz

I'm having a hard time understanding this vote. Can you elaborate on this s'more?

Pg 29 i'll get to you. eury i'll get to you. pg 30 i'll examine more later.