Code Geass Mafia - Game Over

SB.

@Refa: Proto's vote confused me, the logic is RVS but saying I'm looking for town cred implies he sees scum intent in there. I'm fairly sure Eury was just continuing RVS

The reason for my questions were to get some real content from them. Not because I think they've been slack, but it was a good opportunity to do so (as in, it gives him something to work with rather than saying "produce some reads").

Eh, fair enough regarding the first part. I thought their intent was obvious (as was Poly's) myself, but different perspectives and all that. Anyways, the reasoning behind my questioning was that I wasn't sure if Baldrick was just tryharding (for lack of a better word, since that has negative connotations that I don't mean to imply here) or scum faking contribution (didn't feel strongly either way, hence no vote and the questions). His motivation here (to get more content at this point in time where there is none) is townie, at the least. Lame.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES IT WAS A SERIOUS CLAIM. CALM THINE SHIT PROTO.

I DON'T THINK HE'S SCUMMY FOR NOT THINKING IT'S SUPER LEGIT CONSIDERING THE WAY I WORDED IT. FEEL LIKE EURY IS GRASPING AT STRAWS IN PICKING AT HIM ABLUT IT THE WAY SHE IS, THOUGH.

YAY! Proto and Kay playing another mafia game

ALSO CLAIMING MILLER NOW JUST A HEADS UP

Orange?

also, serious talk, I won't be around until my exam ends in 10ish hours

and even more serious talk before I get outta here, however, I am sleep deprived, so the post sounds pretty bad, sorry in advance

Baldrick's two questions on whether the joke votes were serious or not is very scummy, because it sounded more like paranoia and overreaction sounds to me "like a kid caught red handed trying to steal candy" especially after that vote from Proto. As for the other time for Eury, it sounded more like "oh no, is it about time I stopped with the jokes and started serious play, OMG how can I do it when I know the entire scum team". Both thoughts make me think his mentality is scum.

##Vote: Baldblade

also, there is something wrong with Elie's posts. I mean, I think Elie posts about almost everything when he posts, but his posts have only been centered around what Eury said. It is weird for Elie to do that I mean, so, should keep an eye out on him

alright, I am off to study

uh blitz i'm having trouble understanding your thought process here? How is baldricks first question an overreaction? It didn't look like that he found anything scummy about it. . Also having trouble understanding just in general how you came to your second conclusion on baldricks eury question?

You also totally negate the explanation from baldrick in ##72.

Would like answers please.

Uh how is it weird for Elie to center his posts around Eury?

Poly, is the ALL CAPS a PR? As far as Eurykins is concerned, I'm waiting for her to elaborate on her thoughts. I have a general idea of what she's thinking but she can answer for herself.

Man, it's cool to be playing with you again Blitz. Here's to hoping you catch scum with some ridiculously insane logic again (unless you are the scums, that would suck). I had the same thoughts regarding Baldrick (but uh, you worded it way better), so it'd be cool if you looked at my conclusion and tell me what's wrong/right about it.

I don't get what your thoughts are regarding Elieson. Do you think he'd reply to more people as town? Why or why not?

THE ALL CAPS THING IS A SELF-IMPOSED PR. I CAN QUIT ANY TIME I WANT TO, JUST LIKE BBM WITH MAFIA. BUT HELL IF I'M GONNA DO IT ANYWAY.

NOT A FAN OF BLITZ/JUNKO INTERACTIONS RIGHT NOW, BUT I'M NOT SURE WHO FEELS SCUMMIER. BALDRICK IS OKAY AT THIS POINT, NOT SEEING A REAL SCUM INTENT IN HIS POSTS.

@Baldrick: Ahhh, I see. Makes sense to me.

@Formina Sage: I'm assuming that he was serious about the claim (given that there seemed to be no sarcastic/side tone to his miller notion). However, why ask about the legitimacy of the claim in that manner? (Seems doubtful, or otherwise at least a bit skeptical for any sort of reason.) Do you think he'd have any reason to fakeclaim it/say it, if he isn't being serious with his claim? (TL;dr: Thoughts?)

It was early enough for RVS to be acceptable, he was posting in allcaps, and his vote for Refa along with his reasoning in the same post did not seem serious at all. So yes, I was doubting the seriousness of the claim and asked him to confirm whether it was a serious claim or not. If he wasn't being serious, it could just be a joke RVS claim, like how Paperblade always claims Mayor.

Also, players can't be expected to have some deep thought and strong justification in every single post they make, so I find it pretty weird that you're asking me to justify what seems to be a normal response from hearing somebody else claim. Did you find my question to Poly to be suspicious or odd in some way?

Baldrick's two questions on whether the joke votes were serious or not is very scummy, because it sounded more like paranoia and overreaction sounds to me "like a kid caught red handed trying to steal candy" especially after that vote from Proto.

Proto's vote wasn't a serious one, though:

My vote wasn't serious. Even scum wouldn't be stupid enough to think they can earn towncred by posting entertaining videos that are unrelated to the game.

It wasn't threatening to Baldrick, and I think "being caught red handed" is an exaggeration. So I think it's also an exaggeration to call Baldrick's response and vote "very scummy"

Though the question Baldrick asked (directed to Eury):

You're usually opposed to lynching earlier, why do you want to do it now?

seems oddly worded. To take Eury's rvs vote and interpret it as "well I want to lynch Elie now" feels jumpy.

Also Baldrick, why vote for someone who votes in a way that's different from their usual? Like was it different from Eury's usual town or scum meta specifically? I didn't really get anything that indicated exactly which it was.

yes

okie, thanks

Also I like this post

Also, players can't be expected to have some deep thought and strong justification in every single post they make, so I find it pretty weird that you're asking me to justify what seems to be a normal response from hearing somebody else claim.

because it reads like an honest defense for where there's no other real answer. ed1 reads are meh and admitting that is more constructive than posing empty questions.

Not sure if relevant but I haven't talked with Mistuki yet so everything so far is just my own thoughts

YES IT WAS A SERIOUS CLAIM. CALM THINE SHIT PROTO.

I DON'T THINK HE'S SCUMMY FOR NOT THINKING IT'S SUPER LEGIT CONSIDERING THE WAY I WORDED IT. FEEL LIKE EURY IS GRASPING AT STRAWS IN PICKING AT HIM ABLUT IT THE WAY SHE IS, THOUGH.

...Huh? o.O I was just asking for thoughts (and putting forth what I thought/got as an impression from Formina's response)? I'm not sure how this is grasping (unless I'm misunderstanding something and mind-derping a bit in what you were saying in the bolded).

It was early enough for RVS to be acceptable, he was posting in allcaps, and his vote for Refa along with his reasoning in the same post did not seem serious at all. So yes, I was doubting the seriousness of the claim and asked him to confirm whether it was a serious claim or not. If he wasn't being serious, it could just be a joke RVS claim, like how Paperblade always claims Mayor.

Also, players can't be expected to have some deep thought and strong justification in every single post they make, so I find it pretty weird that you're asking me to justify what seems to be a normal response from hearing somebody else claim. Did you find my question to Poly to be suspicious or odd in some way?

Bolded: I can see that logic, so fair enough.

Italics: Also understandable logic, so I agree here.

Underlined: It was how you responded (I'm used to seeing/hearing [as odd as that sounds to hear "..." but I'm referring to the "pause" before saying the words, if that makes sense] that seemed odd, not the notion of "is it a real/actual claim or not?" itself that made me want to ask.

(At this point) It isn't necessarily an indicator either way imo, but I chose to ask anyways to see if anything could be gained as a whole from your response. (As I said in the "Tl;dr", I wanted to hear more thoughts, which you provided, so thank you for that.)

Unrelated (but sorta related?) side note: I figured/half-assumed Proto = Formina, but I wasn't sure (since I don't have a large pool of experience/personal interaction with Proto), so I'm mostlikely going to just stick to calling Proto Formina throughout this game just to keep things straight in my head/posting/etc, unless Formina/Proto would rather be called one over the other.

if I am explaining this (or trying to, my study time will decrease, lol)

anyways,

@Refa, it seems I missed your #76, which is exactly what I am was thinking, but, I don't think his I "wanted more content from these guys" is a good enough excuse. (In other words, I am agreeing with our case)

What I mean is, if he wanted content, he could go around asking a lot of other questions than, "hey is your vote on me or this other one serious?" which will never yeild any real results, other than attempting to make it look like he is contributing, rather than actually contributing. Plus, he never had a follow up on either questions (now, why didn't I think of these when I made the initial post, lol)

@Baldrick, what kind of a reaction would have been "produce some reads" and in what situation would someone say that?

also, since you said you wanted them to contribute, what kind of contributions were you expecting?

@Junko, I just realized I could have included and excluded a lot of stuff, lol

Well, if you guys want to know my entire thought process, it is really weird, so, don't hate me more than you already do, lol.

If Baldrick is scum and Elie is scum with him, Baldrick's post about serious vote on Elie, sounds like, "hey, is that a serious vote on my buddy". I am only saying this because the tone seemed exactly like the tone he had when he asked Proto about his vote. They both sounded like, "oh no, we are screwed" more than anything else to me. I think Elie normally posts all over the place, but he seemed to only say stuff to Eury, which, to me, sounded kinda like, "Eury is clearly just joking around with me and there is nothig to see here", so that people would ignore Baldrick. So, I think if Baldrick turns up scum, it makes sense for Elie to be scum also.

also, guys, this time I should seriously go and study (I hope I can, lol)

though now that you do have proto's response though, eury, what are your thoughts on it and him?

I wanted to hear more thoughts, which you provided, so thank you for that.)

I chose to ask anyways to see if anything could be gained as a whole from your response.

these read like "I asked in order to hear what you thought, and now that you responded, I'm good" but it doesn't inform me as to why you accept his responses are adequate or what information you were missing that you now have.

Proto's vote wasn't a serious one, though:

It wasn't threatening to Baldrick, and I think "being caught red handed" is an exaggeration. So I think it's also an exaggeration to call Baldrick's response and vote "very scummy"

What I meant was, Baldrick mistook as a serious vote and overreacted, which is why I think he is scummy

@Paperblade, what do you think could come out of "hey, is your vote serious?"

the question feels like it's been asked for the sake of asking a question, basically. It feels unlike Eury's responses to Baldrick:

Eh? Vote/"reason"/whatever convo attached to it = purely RVS shinanegans + inside-joke with Elie from outside the game.

*Hence the "You know why, Elie. You know why." in my first post. I mean, if he does get turbo'd anyways, then lol.

Though now I'm curious- why vote me over a joking matter in RVS? Lol (In what seems like a semi-serious manner)

where I could say "yes, that's a fair way of explaining yourself because rvs votes could be motivated by ambiguous things or inside jokes and etc." whereas when reading her questions to proto I think "I've missed the purpose of the question/the questions don't have a substantial purpose."

What I meant was, Baldrick mistook as a serious vote and overreacted, which is why I think he is scummy

Hmm ok, I can see that. So you think scum!Baldrick was spooked by proto's vote and consequentially voted someone to look active?

Why do you think he didn't immediately vote after Proto's vote? He posted twice with no votes asking eury about the seriousness of her vote before actually voting her on the third post.

also is paperblade playing or like what's going on lol

I'm hydra'd with Baldrick

Basically my case is that SB would not make all 3 hydras town because it'd be a huge player imbalance. We can lynch one, vig me if they're town and you don't trust me or something, then lynch the other

ez

Yeah, you and SB used that same reasoning in Conspiracy (if I'm correct) when two hydras signed up for that game, so there's president (presidence? words are hard) for it as well.

I'm hydra'd with Baldrick

Basically my case is that SB would not make all 3 hydras town because it'd be a huge player imbalance. We can lynch one, vig me if they're town and you don't trust me or something, then lynch the other

ez

Exchanging multiple townie hydra slots to kill one mafia hydra slot seems like a good deal, but only if we know for certain that one of the hydra slots is definitely maf. otherwise it's basically just random lynching since we aren't certain that one or more maf hydra slots exist.

Maybe if at the end of the day we still don't have anything to go off but this setupspec, I would consider it more at that time