Frozen

blah the Prussian

Firstly, excuse me for mistakenly thinking you made a typo. I'd never seen the word "inane" before.

Secondly, apparently you missed my last post. Arguing =/= immaturity. There is a such thing as mature debating, which is a form of arguing. And that was what I was attempting to do. Also, research was not necessary when the coronation thing was already brought up by Hamlet. All I'm saying is that I think Anna and Elsa should've had their event already, while Mulan should never have even had one. That's just my opinion. And stating an opinion is not immature.

Also, not researching makes me immature now? That doesn't even make sense.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right, you're immature because you act immature. If you were more mature you wouldn't get into so many inane arguments.

I think this message goes for more than Ana.

At the end of the day the "Princess hall of fame" is a marketing thing which lets Disney brand Mulan and a few others as princesses to sell stuff, I wouldn't look too far into it. Yeah, Elsa and Anna are technically princesses, but they make Disney enough cash as it is.

True, I suppose Anna and Elsa don't NEED to be in this Princess hall of fame given their movie's popularity, but imo, it wouldn't feel right to exclude them, even if it is just a marketing thing. But I do see what you mean, Shin.

Whilst I can kinda see where you're coming from, it's pretty silly how everyone got caught up in such an argument for something so minor. But hey, it happens.

My god, I go to my sister's concert, and this whole thread goes completely bananas.

@TTPK-Tal: Holy shit, someone who doesn't think I'm evil incarnate! Thanks for that. I agree with you about Napoleon, except that being a dictator wasn't a bad thing back then. Pretty much everyone was a dictator.

@ everyone else: I'm not going to weigh into this discussion as to the status of Elsa and Anna, but personnel attacks are bad form.

I think this message goes for more than Ana.

At the end of the day the "Princess hall of fame" is a marketing thing which lets Disney brand Mulan and a few others as princesses to sell stuff, I wouldn't look too far into it. Yeah, Elsa and Anna are technically princesses, but they make Disney enough cash as it is.

I realize this. I should have expected Ana to reply the way she did after trying to clarify something so she would quit raising a stink.

I realize this. I should have expected Ana to reply the way she did after trying to clarify something so she would quit raising a stink.

Ana went about it pretty badly, yeah. Still, it's all about a tactful approach.

On a more related note, I may be incredibly late to the party, but I recently heard about the Frozen short. My housemate scared me when he said it was a sequel but I'm glad it's only small. Disney Princesses and the number two don't really tend to blend well.

Ana went about it pretty badly, yeah. Still, it's all about a tactful approach.

On a more related note, I may be incredibly late to the party, but I recently heard about the Frozen short. My housemate scared me when he said it was a sequel but I'm glad it's only small. Disney Princesses and the number two don't really tend to blend well.

Tact is most definitely not one of my strong points, though I do try.

It looks cute, at least. I'd just rather give it a watch on YouTube or something rather than watching it with that live action Cinderella movie though :/

My god, I go to my sister's concert, and this whole thread goes completely bananas.

@TTPK-Tal: Holy shit, someone who doesn't think I'm evil incarnate! Thanks for that. I agree with you about Napoleon, except that being a dictator wasn't a bad thing back then. Pretty much everyone was a dictator.

You are correct also post napoleon times were much much much much much much much much much worse for a while in france <3

@ everyone else: I'm not going to weigh into this discussion as to the status of Elsa and Anna, but personnel attacks are bad form.

<3

True, I suppose Anna and Elsa don't NEED to be in this Princess hall of fame given their movie's popularity, but imo, it wouldn't feel right to exclude them, even if it is just a marketing thing. But I do see what you mean, Shin.

They have all of the Princess merchandise, to be fair. Their dresses are always sold in the Boutique, and their merch takes up over half the Princess section of World of Disney. There was a point where Frozen merch was limited to six items per transaction, per Guest.

So a Disney girl who's not actually a princess is a Disney Princess, but two Disney girls who ARE princesses aren't Disney princesses? Wow, that makes a lot of sense. >.>

To be fair, i agree with you. I find that whole "induction into Disney princessdom" to be fucking ridiculous.

He means at Disneyworld, child. Anna and Elsa haven't had their special coronation event that welcomes them into the official Disney Princess line there. Research before you start an argument, I found this out in two minutes.

Dont mean it aint fucking ridiculous. ;)

They have all of the Princess merchandise, to be fair. Their dresses are always sold in the Boutique, and their merch takes up over half the Princess section of World of Disney. There was a point where Frozen merch was limited to six items per transaction, per Guest.

"we are gouging you to come play in our parks! Gouging so badly, that only the rich can really afford vacation packages. Yet, even after that gouging, we further gouge you with hefty prices for merchandise. Btw, we have to limit the amount of merchandise you can buy, despite there being a huge supply of it."

Yeah...I have issues with how Disney handles their parks.

It. Costs. Too. Much. Money.

I didn't get around watching Frozen for the longest of time and I think that's what actually ruined it for me. Because in meanwhile I had a classmate who was absolutely obsessed with the movie, and more people followed soon after. They claimed it's the best Disney movie ever. So I thought this really had to be one of the best movies Disney has ever whipped up. In other words, I began to expect a lot from the movie when I did finally sit down to watch it.

Of course, that's not the movie's fault. It's just the entire hype around it.

So when I finished watching it, I couldn't help but feel I was missing something? I didn't get the impact of GREATNESS the people were talking about. To me, it was indeed a great and lovely movie. A movie that also addresses the fact of what it feels like to outcast yourself as a person for the 'greater' good. Which is pretty important if you ask me, because most movies nowadays try to avoid addressing issues such as that.

I enjoyed it, that's all. It's a great movie, but in my opinion it's not close of being Disney's greatest. And I'm not saying that the opinions or feelings of anyone else who does think it's the greatest movie are invalid. (Just putting this out here before people stampede at me. I've had it happening before when I claimed Frozen was not the greatest Disney movie IMO)

I like the characters. Especially the bond Elsa and Anna have with one another and the effort Anna would do to get to her sister and to convince her to come back. But it also shows the hardships you can have with family, and that's something I really enjoyed. In that sense, Frozen is very realistic. And that's the thing I enjoyed about Frozen.

Edited by Rowiehz

tbh, I liked the Snow Queen from Fables more than Elsa.

I hope Frozen doesn't get a sequel or live action remake. :/

And I hope one trillion dollars suddenly land right in front of me.

I don't get the point of some of these live action remakes either. Maleficent was apparently good, but still. If Disney makes something live action, it should be a sequel or something completely new. Every now and then, a Disney sequel sucks, but I think several are really good too. They're pretty much hit or miss, imo.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Frozen sequel. But a live action remake is really not necessary. Wish I'd gotten to see Frozen on Ice though. Totally fitting!

I don't get the point of some of these live action remakes either. Maleficent was apparently good, but still. If Disney makes something live action, it should be a sequel or something completely new. Every now and then, a Disney sequel sucks, but I think several are really good too. They're pretty much hit or miss, imo.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Frozen sequel. But a live action remake is really not necessary. Wish I'd gotten to see Frozen on Ice though. Totally fitting!

A lot of Frozen's strengths came from its animation. The problem with a sequel would be that the big internal conflict that Elsa had in the movie is gone, and also that she's basically invincible with her ice powers. A Frozen sequel would be boring.

A lot of Frozen's strengths came from its animation. The problem with a sequel would be that the big internal conflict that Elsa had in the movie is gone, and also that she's basically invincible with her ice powers. A Frozen sequel would be boring.

Bringing a snowman to life is a ice magic wot

Who said that a Frozen sequel had to be about Elsa? The Lion King II wasn't about Simba or Nalla, nor was Lady and the Tramp II about Lady or Tramp. I wouldn't say that The Return of Jafar was about Aladdin either, it was more about Iago, imo. And imo, these were all excellent Disney sequels. Frozen could easily be more about Anna or Olaf or an entirely new character.

Frozen 2 should be about the Mongol conquest and subjugation of Arrendelle. Elsa's ice powers are useless against the might of the Great Khan! The Mongols shall arrive at the gates, and put those who resist to the sword, while rewarding those who collaborate with them with just rule.

Arendelle having to go to war with another kingdom isn't a bad idea for a plot. Perhaps it could even be the kingdom Hans's family rules!

That could actually potentially be interesting; you could have Elsa struggle with whether or not to use her powers on the enemy army, for example.