1. 1. beaten him yet?

• Yes
    • No, I ran away

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One out of three, I am afraid.

On my first playthrough, I do not recall my Ike being very good - or having Aether for that matter (<___<). Second PT, I fought him as much as I could, before the five turns were up and Nasir jumped in. Ike refused to activate Aether that time as well and I had not raised Mist. On my most recent playthrough, it was fairly stupid. He's used Aether immediately and did again when the BK counter-attacked. I wish I'd had a video camera.

the first time i fought him, i was extremely lucky.

i hadn't raised Mist, and i was forced to make her escape when the reinforcements arrived.

but Ike activated Aether so many times that it was unnecessary.

• 4 weeks later...

Beaten him every time but once. The one time I didn't was because five turns went by, which I ended up resetting from.

Well the first time I played POR, I couldn't beat him. I wasn't expecting that you have to fight the Black Knight in those conditions.

My second playthrough I managed to beat him for the first time...

Beat him everytime. When I raise Mist, it's pathetic. Otherwise Mist with Physic, or a lot of Elixirs works like a charm. I always end up with fuckloads of Staves anyway, since Volke has to do SOMETHING when he's not picking locks. :3

First PT, Ike got hammered and ran away. Nasir died. I cursed. I took it all out on Ashnard

Second PT, Mist obliterated the reinforcements with a Steel Sword while Ike kept using Elixers. 5 turns went by. Nasir died. I cursed. I reset the game in anger.

Second PT retry, Ike activated Aether on his first turn. BK down to 10 HP after the counter attack. Ike tapped him. BK died. Nasir lived. I was happy. Music started playing and the sun came out.

I lost the first time I played this game, the second time I gave Ike Resolve and Wrath then beat him. My first try Aether never activated against the Black Knight.

Aether for me never activates when fighting against the Black Knight <_<

I did the same, gave Ike Wrath.

Edited by Luxord

Aether for me never activates when fighting against the Black Knight <_<

I did the same, gave Ike Resolve and Wrath.

When I first killed him, Ike activated Aether two times.

Ike = Aether > Black Knight counter attacks > Black Knight attacks > Ike = Aether > Ike wins

Wait, Ike can get Resolve before fighting the Black Knight? Are you sure that's possible considering the Resolve scroll is located at the same chapter as the Black Knight fight?

Oops :blink:

I was thinking about Ashnard lol

Oh so you guys meant that fight in the tower?

lol I thought you guys meant the very first time the Black Knight came out from that house and waited there.

Naw, I beat his ass in my first attempt.