Favorite FE Big Boss?

Favorite FE Big Boss Battle  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Favorite FE Big Boss Battle?

• FE 1/11: VS The Earth Dragon, Medeus
    • FE 2: VS The Dark God, Duma
    • FE 3/12: VS The Corrupted Emperor, Hardin
    • FE 3/12: VS The Shadow Dragon, Medeus
    • FE 4: VS The Emperor of Grannvale, Arvis
    • FE 4: VS The Reincarnation of Loptyr, Julius
    • FE 5: VS The Duke of Manster, Raydrik
    • FE 5: VS The Dark Bishop of Loptyr, Veld
    • FE 6: VS The King of Bern, Zephiel
    • FE 6: VS The Demon Dragon, Idenn
    • FE 7: VS The Dark Druid, Nergal
    • FE 7: VS The Fire Dragon
    • FE 8: VS The Prince of Grado, Lyon
    • FE 8: VS The Demon King
    • FE 9: VS The Mad King, Ashnard
    • FE 9/10: VS The Black Knight
    • FE 10: VS The Goddess of Tellius, Ashera
    • FE 13: VS The Fell Dragon, Grima
    • FE 13: VS The Mad King Gangrel
    • Other

There are some I didn't have room for that I wanted to add, such as Gharnef, Walhart, Jarod, and Apotheosis Anna, but you can vote for those as well if they were your favorite. I just wanted to know everyone's opinion.

Edited by Coreyographed

IMO ashera battle is like one of the worst in the series its rather draggi and just requires an obsene amount of healing I voted duma for that sexy 0 damage on alm

Some of those aren't final bosses. I'd vote Arvis but he is nowhere near FE4's final boss. Still, Julius gets my vote because I have ridiculous FE4 bias. Nothing quite matches the poetic justice of killing him with the Naga tome.

Quite easily Ashera:

• She has a total of 840 HP. Unless you're playing on easy mode it's almost impossible to beat her in the first turn.
  • It's like a puzzle: You have to make excellent use of your skills, dragons and canto to beat all her auras fast.
  • Her single and long range attacks can 1RKO some of your units.

Why are Hardin, BK etc. in this list?

They're not final bosses.

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

IMO ashera battle is like one of the worst in the series its rather draggi and just requires an obsene amount of healing I voted duma for that sexy 0 damage on alm

And not to mention Ashera's battle has a crippling bug that can leave her incapable of attacking your units

And not to mention Ashera's battle has a crippling bug that can leave her incapable of attacking your units

thats a bug It happened to me all my 3 playthroughs of RD

ALSO wheres batta

Edited by TTPK_Tal

I put in my votes for both Alvis and Julius, because I just love those chapters in the game, and the epic nature of the battle. Alvis sends out his elite army, the Rotten Ritter, and it's poetic justice (although 99% of the time it's Levin!Sety who gets the kill) to kill Alvis in Chalphy. For Julius, after you conquer Freege, everyone is out for blood. The Dark Warlords, Weissen Ritter, and Manfroy's Dark Mages all are attacking at once, and then you still have to deal with Julius himself. My last playthrough I had Nanna, Delmud, and Seliph surround my Level 30 Julia, and she absolutely wrecked Julius (he activated Charge, so he died in one turn).

Say what you will about Awakening, Grima was fucking hype. Arvis, Nergal, and Lyon are all also really good (Arvis being the best villain in the series helps). I guess I have a thing for mage bosses.

This poll really puts into perspective how poor penultimate and ultimate Fire Emblem bosses tend to be.

I'll roll with Lyon best (easy, but has plenty of plot significance and the fight is satisfyingly built up) and Fomortiis worst.

Ashera's battle is not as easy to trivialize as other FE bosses. I also like the fact that it's sort of puzzle like, although my first playthrough through Normal mode I didn't use any laguz royals so my units couldn't do enough damage and I couldn't heal very efficiently. I don't think my stats were all that high either. It's a wonder I got there, I remember it took me forever to beat Sephiran.

Please Add Gharnef to the poll. In 1/11, Marth has a much more personal vendetta against Gharnef who also is far more prominent and important in the story.

its not a final boss

Ashera has the most epic battle and points for actually lasting more then two turns.

Ashera's battle is not as easy to trivialize as other FE bosses. I also like the fact that it's sort of puzzle like, although my first playthrough through Normal mode I didn't use any laguz royals so my units couldn't do enough damage and I couldn't heal very efficiently. I don't think my stats were all that high either. It's a wonder I got there, I remember it took me forever to beat Sephiran.

Royal stomp. They don't stop existing just because one chooses not to use the win buttons.

Royal stomp. They don't stop existing just because one chooses not to use the win buttons.

Your point? It's not as though royals make Ashera easier or quicker than other FE final bosses. Besides, in this case, it isn't just, "Use royals to win." There's still enough going on that you need reasonable knowledge of the chapter to get through it easily.

Your point? It's not as though royals make Ashera easier or quicker than other FE final bosses. Besides, in this case, it isn't just, "Use royals to win." There's still enough going on that you need reasonable knowledge of the chapter to get through it easily.

The point I was trying to make is that Ashera shouldn't get credit for not being easy to trivialize when there's some win buttons that do make it at significantly easier, at the very least. Unless we are assuming the player is blind, in that case a lot of FE final bosses become hard.

I understand being fond of the puzzle-like nature of the boss but it doesn't seem right to give her credit for not being trivialized.

Ashera becomes easier with the royal stomp, but it's not like she's wholly trivial. It's not you're just using a Luna crit on the Fire Dragon or something.

Luna Athos is a product of foresight, I would think. This is why I'm wondering if it takes into account being blind or having foresight.

RD does have plenty of puzzle like situations besides 4-E-5 (2-1, 3-1, 1-P) which is why I love some of its maps as well. Credits to IS for taking a puzzle approach to RD's map design.

I didn't really enjoy the Ashera fight all that much. It felt tedious. I vote Ashnard because, while still easy, at least you were very limited in the units you could use against him. There's nothing quite like a good old fashioned brawl between Ike and Ashnard.