/sarcasm

...so took Public Transit for the first time in ages... Used to take it all the time for school/work.

But now after a couple years of having a car, and being used to the freedom and my own space/control of my environment it just feels like such a huge pain in the ass.

...seriously, miss one god damn bus, everything is screwed up... Or you have to wait ridiculous times to wait for a bus that may or may not show up! Then you Get on a bus without headphones... Be prepared to listen to either drunk idiots late at night, or obnoxious teens who have no concept of inside voices, or shutting the hell up.

...but at least not driving means I can read/use my phone... But seriously, why does Public Transportation suck so goddamn much!?!

...yeah, car back is gonna feel so good tonight. :|

/rant over

Public transit is better for the environment you soulless monster.

Cycling is the best mode of transportation, depending on where you live and the distance you need to cross everyday.

If I had a car I'd only use it for road trips and cargo.

man that was the worst part about being in munich

i, an american citizen, being subject to public transportation

i ended up walking a lot of places instead of taking the subways lol

I'm pretty happy with the 2 bus routes I ever use in my area. Only time 28 has been more than like 5 mins late is the day of/after a snowstorm. They run every half hour going into Newark, too. I'm lucky because I don't have a connection to make. Train rocks, I usually take it a little before/after rush hour so I go days without paying. It's also good to be able to read or play 3ds during a commute.

I have never ridden a bus in NYC...(besides buses leaving/entering the city).

Edited by Severlan

NYC transit is good what.

Granted it's convenient but you get all sorts of weirdos on the subway. I've rarely taken a bus when I was still in NYC.

i work in NYC and go there almost every weekend, i think the subway system is pretty good. most places are just a couple of blocks away from most stations and unless you're doing something like going from queens to brooklyn, most train rides take about 15 minutes or less.

no

it isnt

subways count too

My town in the suburbs has a nice public transit. Granted, there aren't really a lot of people there on the subway, so it doesn't really have problems like smelling of piss and having creepers everywhere, but it's nice and quiet. It honestly reminds me of scenes in anime when a character has to use the subway, which makes it cool for me.

Oh btw on the subject of nyc subways, if my friend was here she would want me to tell you guys that the L train is a piece of shit. Actually, I think they closed the L and are repairing or renovating it or something.

In Honolulu, it's pretty easy to get around using the bus system. . .and since guessing WHEN the bus will arrive is a crapshoot, there's a nifty little app that tracks buses, and will tell you how long it'll take for a bus to hit your stop.

All bets are off after 8 PM, though.

subways count too

yeah, this is what i have a problem with(rarely use the bus anyways)

4 years of HS meant for years of using the subway, and i'm sure I grew resistant to all the shit that is normally accustomed with using the subway, but then college happened, and I moved away to the island. there is a transit system there, but it is much more costly, so we dont get beggars. i guess i've grown accustomed to the railroad and the lack of beggars/panhandlers, but i do visit home from time to time, and these visits usually require me to use the subway. The few times that I have, i've grown increasingly uncomfortable around the beggars and panhandlers, and there are some stations that are in dire need of renovation which the MTA is holding out on.

but i guess if you ignore all these, the subway is convenient. long island conditioned me to pursue aesthetics, and there is none of that in the subway.

Problem is... used to live nearer to the Main City back when younger. Now older out in a 'burb I guess? ...if they actually got a skytrain/subway line out here, I would not mind transit. But just not very good out here...

...but at least its better than the next few towns over, you cannot get anywhere without a car there, everything is waaaay too spaced out. :\

man that was the worst part about being in munich

i, an american citizen, being subject to public transportation

i ended up walking a lot of places instead of taking the subways lol

My dad told me the reason he doesn't take buses is because ours don't live up to the ones he got to use in Munich

Here they're routinely 5 minutes late, 10 minutes late, so late the bus might as well have skipped stops, whatever, be happy the assholes showed up to work today at all. They're the option you take if you have nothing better

He said the ones in Munich were so reliable in comparison, they might as well have been automated

Public transport is a lot better over here from what I gathered. Because of heavy traffic, I'm kind of forced to take the train to work each day (2x50mins) instead of the car. Means I spend like over 8 hours in a train during the week.

Usually very busy and really, I need to close myself off. I mostly like socializing, but not in the morning when I'm grumpy and with the most random temporary companions of fate on the planet. Therefor, I rarely take off my headphones with active noise cancelling, listening to music. I rarely look at anything else than my tablet to read book, one of my handhelds, or my phone.