You visit the infallible oracle, who tells you that your kingdom will fall, and you will be killed, but...

Raftina

The future of your kingdom  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these scenarios makes you MOST hopeful about your kingdom's future?

• Your child is Alexia, and her champion is Clarissa.
    • Your child is the Dauphin, and his champion is Liane.
    • Your child is Derihourai, and his champion is Hakuoro.
    • Your child is Elincia, and her champion is Ike.
    • Your child is Mildain, and his champion is Roy.
    • Your child is Nyna, and her champion is Marth.
    • Your child is Pelleas, and his champion is Micaiah.
    • Your child is Robin, and her champion is Chrom.
    • Your child is Tristan, and his champion is Destin.
    • Your child is Versalia, and her champion is Denam.
  2. 2. Which of these scenarios makes you LEAST hopeful about your kingdom's future?

• Your child is Alexia, and her champion is Clarissa.
    • Your child is the Dauphin, and his champion is Liane.
    • Your child is Derihourai, and his champion is Hakuoro.
    • Your child is Elincia, and her champion is Ike.
    • Your child is Mildain, and his champion is Roy.
    • Your child is Nyna, and her champion is Marth.
    • Your child is Pelleas, and his champion is Micaiah.
    • Your child is Robin, and her champion is Chrom.
    • Your child is Tristan, and his champion is Destin.
    • Your child is Versalia, and her champion is Denam.

a champion will lead an army, and with the help of that army, your child will take your former kingdom. Your child, the champion, and you share roughly the same relationship as the parent, child, and champion do in the game of origin, or in the backstory, when available.

Well,the only series referenced that I know about are fire emblem so....

Honestly, I like Micaiah but she F's up too many times to be reliable

Ike on the other hand is quite possibly the strongest FE main character ever so my moneys on him

I don't know half of that list, but I bet my money on Elincia and Ike, since she's a decent ruler and Ike's a hype wagon made of awesomeness.

lol roy sux. Robin would give me the most hope because Robin.

Honestly, Roy is not a bad unit, He just has bad circumstances. He has good growths by BB standards and the only thing dragging him down is his absurdly late promotion. That said, I would bank on Robin with Chrom if only because I made Robin one of my favorite Videogame characters ever, Lian Xing from Syphon Filter. If it wasn't for Chrom, I would of picked Robin honestly.

Honestly, Roy is not a bad unit, He just has bad circumstances. He has good growths by BB standards and the only thing dragging him down is his absurdly late promotion. That said, I would bank on Robin with Chrom if only because I made Robin one of my favorite Videogame characters ever, Lian Xing from Syphon Filter. If it wasn't for Chrom, I would of picked Robin honestly.

I agree. Roy's growths are rather good, he just promotes too late into the game

no fe4

0/10

also arent oracles full of shit? i'm sure all they did in rome was take a shit load of drugs and say some vague bullshit.

Edited by franku

Wasn't this exact poll on GFAQS?

I'd likely choose Tristan and Destin or Versalia and Denim for most hopeful

Most likely the former (Can't really decide though, so I haven't voted yet)

For least hopeful; Pelleas and Micaiah.

Edited by Soledai

if we're going by gameplay Ike would probably be the best champion

but by lore, Roy is supposed to be like, a genius tactician + all around BAMF in his game

also holy shit the robin / chrom option is fucking hilarious because it means that you are validar, you get killed by your own child, and your child conquers your kingdom and destroys everything you worked for

in this hypothetical scenario, with my visions of my kingdom's ideal future being validar's own visions, that option would make me despair like nothing else

especially since my army is incompetent as fuck

EDIT: like there's literally no defensible option to the second question that isn't child = robin, champion = chrom, since in that option and only that option you lose in the end

Edited by Euklyd

also arent oracles full of ****? i'm sure all they did in rome was take a **** load of drugs and say some vague ********.

The Oracles of Delphi are the most famous oracles. They are known for two things in Greek legends:

1. Prophecies of doom, often against the person who asked them for a prophecy. In many cases, the actions the person to whom the prophecy was addressed takes some action that lead to the prophecy coming true. The most famous example is probably the story of Oedipus.

This is the inspiration for the poll.

2. Equivocal prophecies, which can be taken in a number of ways. The most famous story is probably the prophecy of "If you attack Persia, you will destroy a great kingdom." The king of Lydia then took that advice, lost the war, and got his kingdom conquered. The kingdom he destroyed was, of course, his own.

This is the inspiration behind the Robin and Chrom choice:

[spoiler=Awakening]As Euklyd pointed out, you are Validar in that scenario. Yes, your daughter takes the throne after you are killed, and your kingdom is conquered, but the reason for those events is that your daughter joined the king of the neighboring kingdom, then helped him kill you and conquer (take) your kingdom.

A neutral observer would probably say the outcome is better for Plegia, but if I'm the loser, I am very unlikely to see it in that light. That's my choice for least hopeful.

Most hopeful: Tristan and Destin. Tristan is the second most militarily accomplished in that list (first being Robin), which the Tower ending shows. He joined Destin less out of necessity and more out of practicalness--It was more expedient to join the charismatic leader of the revolution than run two at the same time. He demonstrates some degree of political acumen in the game, but sequels suggest that Xenobia entered a golden age under him.

Versalia also leads a golden age, but the in game events suggest that she was a figurehead who had really good advisers--still an excellent outcome for the kingdom, but I'd prefer my child having more personal contributions to the rule. Elincia has a more admirable story, but her rule is not as good as Tristan--at least by the parts we are shown or told.

Please add Magnus to the poll so I can vote for him.

Which Magnus? The only Magnus I know of helped a rebel army overthrown the kingdom and kill the entire (legitimate) royal family.

Edited by Raftina

Which Magnus? The only Magnus I know of helped a rebel army overthrown the kingdom and kill the entire (legitimate) royal family.

Magnus is a good lad who means well and killed a lot of people.