Wheel of Time

Rapier

I mean I don't have any idea what scene you're talking about, but I thought the first time he channeled was with Bela on that night they were trying to escape in the first book.

I always thought that cover for Eye of the World was hilarious because I can't even remember there being any ships? I agree though, the original artwork is pretty outdated. Should be noted though that a lot of the artwork around that time is kind of similar.

Also I read all the books online so yeah no hard copy transitioning anyways.

They got on a ship after leaving Shadar Logoth IIRC (the group split up). And I believe that the ship sailed by the (...book 4 spoilers I think?)

male choedan kal.

while Rand was on the mast...

EDIT-And ya the original covers were lame.

Edited by Severlan

I mean I don't have any idea what scene you're talking about, but I thought the first time he channeled was with Bela on that night they were trying to escape in the first book.

oh yeah, that was the first time. Second time then. Third was with the Whitecloak when he revealed the heron sword.

The Whitecloak scene took place before the events on Shadar Logoth, so no. If he had channeled during that scene, then Rand's channeling on the ship is the third time.

But I don't remember whether he did channel on the Whitecloaks. Funny how I can't remember specific stuff about a book that I read one year ago.

Haha, I haven't read it since I was a Freshman in high school. So over a decade lol

I remember it being clear that he was at least holding saidin against the Whitecloaks, because he found himself suddenly welled up with energy for no reason whatsoever. I'm reading through the series again right now actually, just up to the beginning with Land and Moiraine arriving at Two Rivers.

Am I the only one who loved a certain part by the end of Book 2 where...

Rand and co. all get to see multiple endings on multiple universes where they all inevitably fail? I thought it was a crowning moment for the series, because it elaborates the point that, no matter how Rand and co. the outcome will go bad for them. The Wheel turns, everything is fixed and there's no choice.

And I like alternative universes, 'what if?'s and possibilities in general.

I can't remember details like that about the books anymore ;_;

There's a point in the story where Rand comes across a slab while traveling with one of the more important Aes Sedai characters (I remember her being a pudgy Brown ajah), and she advises Rand to try touching it while channeling. Rand ends up seeing visions of himself in multiple universes. Two that come to mind are one where he stays at home with Egwene and has occasional panic attacks until he dies, and another where he fights as a general in the Andoran army and eventually rots away while going mad.

Two that come to mind are one where he stays at home with Egwene and has occasional panic attacks until he dies, and another where he fights as a general in the Andoran army and eventually rots away while going mad.

The only other sequence I remember is one where he joins other two rivers men in an attempt to defend their land from an army of trollocs, maybe some dreadlords, et al. Not successfully. IIRC he might even end up shooting his arrows at an enemy banner or something like that. That ending may have been part of the ending where he married Egwene.

If it's an important brown aes sedai it's probably Verin. I always liked that lady.

Yes, it's Verin. I think all the endings were cool, and I miss not seeing Mat and Perrin's POV when that happened. The Aes Sedai rite to becoming an Accepted also brings moments such as these.

Turns out she wasn't part of the scum team (aka Black Ajah)