Typos in video games.

Jedi

So I was playing DMC3 and checking my Swordmaster style skills when I came across this.

u4pEjK0.jpg

Its quite funny, jarring in such a quality game but its one of a good number I've found in my day. I remember one in Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII as well. In regards to Ma Teng, and of course some things are just misplaced in some games. A certain profile in Radiant Dawn etc.

'Party member is full' from Suikoden I is the one most persistently stuck in my memory. Typos tend not to be as prominent as grammatical errors, though, so I can't really say I remember any.

Edited by Topazd

The entirety of Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion. The NPC convos were exceedingly bad. Fortunately, the translation has been cleaned up as the series progressed, and Trails in the Sky is relatively devoid of those glaring errors (outside of empty treasure chests).

One thing to note regarding video game typos is the fact that vidio game text as typed in by the programers contains much more than actual text. It also contains control codes that manage things like when a new line begins and what color the text is. As such, a "typo" in a text string in a video game can lead to results like cutting the text off early (in FF4, text that should say "to equip with both hands" just says "to equip" due to such a typo), or other fun gliches (the coin case glitch in pokemon gold/silver is due to a typo not ending text when it is supposed to and attempting to read a pokemon cry as text).

They're always funny to me. I make typos and grammar errors from time to time, so they don't ruin the experience for me. They just break immersion a little bit.

Edited by Rxmonste

They're always funny to me. I make typos and grammar errors from time to time, so they don't ruin the experience for me. They just break immersion a little bit.

Pretty much my view on it. No one is perfect, and it earns a chuckle.