FE6 Reverse Recruitment Low Turns

Stuff  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the run's MVP?

2. 2. (tick multiple) "Dark horses" worth investing into / deploying whenever possible?

I don't think I have any use for Bors, but I'm pretty much forced to field Barth to recruit Lance without wasting one of Elphin's turns later on. Dieck, Lugh and Wolt seem like much better foot units for combat should they have any situational use in the later maps.

Bors's high luck stat actually makes him pretty evasive though, but who cares.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this might be the craziest strategy I've ever seen in a LTC playthrough haha

how long did it take for you to come up with this?

Edited by Nobody

I almost feel dirty for watching that strategy, but dirty in a good way. That's got to be the greatest thing I've seen in FE. I really hope something tops this.

How long exactly did it take you to record this chapter?

Very much this.

Amazing Chapter 16. All I can say.

Holy shit, the strats are real! Congrats on beating the chapter.

Can't wait to see what Alan and Lance's stats are gonna be like. Hopefully they'll be double Percivals or something lol

Unfortunately Alan won't be recruited due to being Juno's replacement, and Espinosa here is going to Sacae instead of Ilia. His stats are pretty neat, though.

Lance will be pretty rad, though.

It's a really zany little gimmick eh? So effective in this map though!

this might be the craziest strategy I've ever seen in a LTC playthrough haha

how long did it take for you to come up with this?

Hard to say, as I had anticipated I would be pulling off something of the sort long before I reached the map (I know the map in LTC setting all too well from doing a vanilla efficiency run a couple years back). I'd say the production time was comparable to other chapters I've done so far. Some parts were actually more tolerable, as characters dying on enemy phases wasn't such a big issue for example (I only kept losing Chad, and I believe Miledy fell to the Aircalibur mage once, but that was just me forgetting the threat was there and easily fixable).

How long exactly did it take you to record this chapter?

If my account on this two pages back is to be trusted (and it should be), ~46 minutes. A little less IRL timewise because of the emulator's speed-up function (which is less potent when recording for some reason).

A single double dancing chain trip from one part of the map to the other takes over 3 minutes, and I had to make 5 of these - 4 of them back and forth. I actually didn't find the practice of doing the Elphin takedrops that tedious at all, probably because I accounted for the prospect of repeating it too often in the strategy development/memorisation process, and also because I was excited to get the desired result - my 3-turn completion with all the objectives fulfilled.

I'm questioning that too, but she's the only who gets experience from killing unpromoted enemies (and a lot of it too), and she is pretty handy for weakening / OHKOing enemies. Besides her attack being an accurate nuke, having a character who levels up non-stop is useful when the RNG fails to comply with certain tasks.

Went back to my chapter 19 file to revise my strategy after having realised I don't need to spend a Rescue use to 2-turn the map. What's funny is that the enemy phase plays out the exact same way after adjusting the player phase logistics.

Good thing I haven't got very far from this point because otherwise I would've hated having to return much earlier into the run.

One issue needs to be resolved though - in the new chapter 19 strat, Elphin/Lalum have one extra turn where they do absolutely nothing, and that can be used to consume a stat booster. Since I only have 1 Angelic Robe and 1 Speedwings, and the two have maxed their speed (and had done so in chapter 7), the question can be reduced to this - do we want Lalum to have 7 more HP? I'm really wondering if 27/5/9 bulk will come back to bite me in the endgame maps. 32+ atk physicals currently OHKO Lalum, and with a full Barrier/Pure Water (likely the former boost), she can withstand one single <=42 atk tome attack, such as a siege. Not sure whether this is sufficient and if I should care at all, but Lalum has been left in range of enemy units plenty of times so far in the run (as seen in the last video I uploaded for example), and with 63 avo there's only so much she can dodgetank.

So what do?

I'd say having her survive a Ch24 Manakete attack could very well be worth it. Can she do that?

Edited by Mekkah

I can't access L24 enemy data right now (our HM stats thread only goes up until C22, and only includes Illia), but the mamakutes before that have ~42 atk and around 140-150 hit, meaning they OHKO even a robed Lalum with 80-90ish accuracy. Not sure if it's worth it to spend a robe + buy another one...

Speaking of which, anybody happen to have saves for all maps right after the rout split chapters? It couldn't hurt to start planning things "early".

I can give you one tomorrow, I'm about to go to bed. Thank god I saved all the movies from my run.

EDIT: Check your PMs.

Edited by Lord Raven

Uploaded chapter 18, 2-turned without any staves. Made use of the desert item exploit, of all things, in order to circumvent the unpredictability of the turn 1 fort nomad reinforcements clogging up the way and often killing Lalum.

Many thanks for Raven for the save - it was only chapter 21 there, but I had a good look at the map and the enemies on it. That map alone doesn't seem to require robing Lalum, but the maps to come afterwards might do just that. One thing that puzzled me was in how little turns I could hope to clear the chapter while shopping for all the Boots I want (which probably isn't that many).

Also, isn't some sort of pre-chapter Sell/Shop option supposed to appear eventually in the game, or am I thinking of another GBA FE title? I have a lot of useless crap to sell that could probably result in another extra pair of Boots, or two, but I wonder how I'll be able to sell all of it when bumrushing through chapter 21 otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A_eBdSs-yQ

Chapter 19 2-turned. Featuring an extremely underwhelming first appearance of Dieck (Lugh actually contributes something useful this time though, but I'm still really disappointing the majority in the topic's poll that chose him as the run's best 'dark horse').

I gotta wonder how people expected me to turn Sophia into a playable unit (unless it's secretly a joke). I guess a playstyle that enables more refined rigging of stats (for +1s across the board in every stat) she could function exactly like Hugh in the early maps? I just couldn't do it though - power per single dark tome attack was comparable to Hugh's, but the accuracy hardly so (Niime at least had a superior luck and skill stats to let her Fluxes connect), the bases were bad, much unlike Hugh's, and being weighed down and OHKO'd limited her exposure to enemy attacks.

Even if I'd rigged her stats somehow and gone to Illia (which may not be such an efficient choice at all), she's be dropped eventually with no staff rank to give her any particular niche.

I was extremely confused as to how you managed to double Gel until you showed the Brave Sword at the end.

Dieck was the one who brought the Brave Sword correct?

Maybe we all thought that Lugh would be the second coming of Pent or something. But then Clarine came along and was able to do Lugh's job better. At least an extra Restore Staff user is helpful on occasion.

I'm fairly sure the votes for Sophia were a joke.

EDIT: Never mind, Chad brought the Brave Sword.

Edited by Carmine Sword

i know i only voted for Lugh because I didn't really expect you to use anybody else on the list except for Dayan, who I also voted for.

he can use seige tomes and stuff too with a better magic cap than Clarine