The partisan is effective against sword-using infantry AKA half of Onduris' infantry. Juan easily 2HKOs every mercenary and myrmidon he comes across with it, and it's part of what makes him the best flier on this route.

P.S. you're wrong about nomads, they still promote to troopers.

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea what promotes into Duke Knight, but remember the royal weapons that house guy mentioned? You should have one with you from the bandit's fortress way back(I think).

Duke Knight, Mage Knight and Great Knight are exclusive classes, so none of your units can promote into them. Rather, you get one of each class pre-promoted. These units may be weaker than your current army at the time, but with a little training they can end up on par.

No idea what promotes into Duke Knight, but remember the royal weapons that house guy mentioned? You should have one with you from the bandit's fortress way back(I think).

Royal weapons from the bandit's fortress?!

Hmmm...are you talking about the ranseur (effective against the cavaliers) or the ancient blade (requires weapon level S)?

I'm afraid, that none of my units can ever use the ancient blade, because it's nearly impossible to bring the sword level to S. The weapon level rises very slowly in this hack and Renair only reached B in my first run.

Duke Knight, Mage Knight and Great Knight are exclusive classes, so none of your units can promote into them. Rather, you get one of each class pre-promoted. These units may be weaker than your current army at the time, but with a little training they can end up on par.

This explains a lot!

I guess these classes are only specialized for nobles.

I've no idea, if I'm going to use them.

Mainly depends on, how many promotion items I'll get. If I have some level 20 units, I'll use the prepromoted units just not to waste any experience.

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

About Onduris. . .

Gold is tight, but so are weapons in general. You'll hit a stretch where you won't see a proper armory for a while (I forget exactly where). You do get to shop next chapter, so take advantage of that!

[spoiler=Chapter 8b part 1]
uOxbxcu.pngRkobWBs.pngcVxNkj3.pngiBGjpfP.pngvN17g03.pngIpEDABB.pngVfBKQuc.png

YjvEIKM.png

DvHLBEj.pngu18QXnE.pngNLwcKRB.pngR3ASdPk.pngxEGoiKr.pngscAY5nQ.png

vphF5bQ.pngz0Ow4Rh.png

[spoiler=It seems that I must rescue a few civilians.]I already was informed about that.

YdE7IrS.pngEIV7ChL.pngo1adnSV.png
The generic plot of a prolog: Bandits make trouble.

SL7iTV2.pngmXiwMeE.pngwmtXsHf.png5npEFwL.png9RxJwlh.png
Ah, this is the Seymour guy! Maybe a NPC-unit, who wants to defend his house.

kXpMb0B.pngJvKG5be.pngOUm4VeS.pngYlz63m4.png2G6YoN8.pngACxmDi2.png
The probably boss spend too much time in the training salon.

WYB2eQA.pngcSt86YA.png3aK92IF.pngKBqMnvQ.png
He's very confident. Hopefully he can walk the talk!

Battle preparations:

agCWBeS.png
Still unchanged

Augury:
GPfsM4K.png
Yeah, there are some similarites in the mapdesign to the previous chapter.

7LASsYG.png
[spoiler=Rescuing only one villager is enough!]It was already said in the comments. However I hadn't got this hint by her, I'd have tried to rescue all the villagers. In the Muasin-route I rescued and let all the NPCs alive (with the hope to get something for that). However after reading this I'm going to follow this advice and rescue only one NPC.

6l4SX4x.png
Which is...?

ulLX2Uf.png
Yeah, she'll be used of course.

jMlcZHl.png2DvEWRm.png
She's probably talking about Seymour gives the advice not to waste a certain blade.

Bc3VzIR.png
[spoiler=Another newcomer in one of these villages!]I totally forgot about this, when I played this chapter.

Map:
aXVBwNy.pngSmxzUkX.png?1
5VCevhW.pngP3SbgLs.png?1
tARUdwI.png?1tksqVVx.png?1
Chapter 8b looks a little bit similar to the previous map: A big outdoor map with pretty much the same enemies: Mercenaries, myrmidons, soldiers, archers, cavaliers, dracokinghts. However these paths aren't as narrow. Bringing Crowe and the two fliers against the dracoknights is as recommended as to bring the ranseur and the partisan, which deals effective damage to myrmidons and mercenaries (lance version of the swordslayer from FE8). There are a lot of houses, a shop and an armory. [spoiler=However you can't visit and pass these houses.]At least I thought it, when I played this chapter. Only when I cropped the images for the map presentation, I noticed, that these houses look differently.i4ubyX5.png?1 I couldn't visit the house with the black arrow, so I ignored them all accidently. I've no idea, what unit I missed.

az2AXl7.pngJMGNF4P.png
Two ballistas. One of them is in the mountains to piss off the people, who want to kill the dracoknights with the two fliers of your team.

x9VvcqD.pngcdKz0rU.pnggmiikHl.png
A couple of enemies with a killing edge. You also see female myrmidons.

g2cdTbC.pngoBG7Ei1.png
Marroan is a nomad trooper. I mistakenly said that nomads can promote into duke knights and use lances as second weapon type. However in these hack mage knights, great knights and duke knights seem to be exclusive classes for certain nobles. It's not possible to promote someone into one of these classes.
Marroan will be one of the easiest bosses, if you've saved the ranseur! Ilanice can 1RKO him, because her speed is high enough to double him. She's the best unit to fight him anyway because of the weapon triangle advantage and her high resistance. Flamberge doesn't do much damage to her.

OmFWivo.pngG8CTXM6.pngOtX6sbD.png4cjfGOr.png
This is Seymour. He's not a NPC, but rather an ally already. He's a duelist. He can use sword of lances. Gladius is his personal sword. It hasn't only a 1-2 range, but it also works like the runesword. Since he's a special class, he seems to be the counterpart to Arcus: A lord. If he dies => Game Over
His main task will be to save these villagers:

9MrexqE.png
These villagers have pretty much no stats. A papercut will kill them so keep them away of any shit. A few of them are already in the attack range of the ballista so blocking the enemies won't be enough.

Chapter 8b is another seize mission. However unlike in the previous chapter there's no turnlimit. Just focus on saving one NPC at least.

Turn 1
Player phase:
GwvB2mC.pngXhzoZU3.pngAOmYyxB.png
A decent start into this chapter.

YqTISI6.pnglECW2sX.png
[spoiler=Like I mentioned earlier I only rescue one villager. Of course it's possible to rescue them all. But why should I make my life unnecessarily miserable?]One of your units should carry this NPC. You'll see later, why!

3JJugpD.png
In the armory I buy:

• slim lance
  • iron lance
  • slim sword

K4qj3dP.png
In the shop I buy:

• three heal staves
  • flux
  • light for Asher

Enemy phase:
fGAFdYc.png
R.I.P. villager #1

NOpJK0V.png
R.I.P. villager #2

q33qIap.pngJMq7QhO.png
You see the "runesword effect" of gladius. It heals him.

ZoUQ15H.png

Turn 2
Player phase:
MXq8wo8.pngHhzz5Jf.png
Ilanice and Amelia have the B-support already. Perhaps I'll get the A-support in this route.

wKZqSq2.png

zzMJZB6.pngIkBykMf.png
Rummmssss

qw91Nbo.pngQGdHFTe.pngBvX0N1Z.png
Juan misses so it's not possible anymore to kill this cavalier.That means: R.I.P. villager #3

pJHFjCT.pngOjI9Dtc.png
Even 90% misses. However it doesn't matter at this point.

Enemy phase:
WOp4FPA.png5pL5akd.png

Qgv4HJp.png
R.I.P. villager #3
So I must keep the last one alive!

FOb7XSf.png
This ballista aracher is just an idiot: Instead of doing effective damage to Juan he wastes his shot on Seymour, who's placed in the forest.

zlBO2By.png
"Draco alert"

Turn 3
Player phase:
1AHTeNU.png3pBwfE3.png

OOPRkta.pngYhaD9WX.png
Strength and defense - very Ilanice.

BqwH8L0.png
Bye bye ballista

3jLCaMR.png
This was a stupid move, because he's now in the attack range of the female myrmidon with the killing edge. Seymour gets hit by the soldier so he only has 20 HP left. A critcal hit will kill him!

p5LYfXk.pngsCRAJli.pngs8RPAte.png
Finally speed and defense!

1KRcdp5.png
No more draco trouble for now!

YrJ1Cla.pngCWqwLx7.png

Seymour actually looks cooler than Arcus. I prefer lances to other weapons, so I hope you use him.

Seymour can kiss my ass. He had the worst stats of any required unit, and made Eliwood look like a god.

Oh, and you'll want to recruit the other unit on this map. The weapon they hold will be most useful!

I replayed the chapter to get the new character (new class) and the weapon from the two villages.

I'm continuning with my first run of this chapter.
After the ending, I'll show you the two villages (including recruitment) and the new stats of my units. And I'm going to tell you about a trap, I felt in the second run.

I want to apologize for the very low text commentary in this part, but there's not much to tell (positively) about this chapter. It wasn't a very exciting outdoor map for the most part.

[spoiler=Chapter 8b part 2]
Turn 3
Player phase:
DWBwIG2.pngJ7jDwKd.png9lMuI3O.pngATXdXZl.pngGuEGagV.pngXV7aU1H.pngfcje2RI.png
The first meeting of the two lords.

Enemy phase:
MAvWIMg.png

GXZKc1B.png

Turn 4
Player phase:
BXWZXoW.png

EWMRIjn.pngDi0krEW.png

NhINhJN.png
[spoiler=In this run I used Crowe..]This changed in my second run after I had got the new ally.

yLsiaG8.png

KlkTG5b.pngps3fEpI.pngZWQKnRt.png
Seymour has equipped the iron lance to decoy this fighter with the swordreaver. The problem: He's also in the attack range of the female myrmidon with the killing edge. He's damaged. A critical hit will kill him.

Enemy phase:
2Lkp8VT.pngK741mxb.png
[spoiler=No critical hit.]In my second run it was a different story... =>Game Over

BTW I forgot to mention that Seymour has the exact same battle animations like Eliwood, only with the difference that he can use lances in first tier already.

Turn 5
Player phase:
VPPAXwK.pngU6DCjZK.png
[spoiler=Juan misses, so Ilanice gets the kill.]She benefited the most of my units from my restarted run => OP

jkwmcbm.png6yEO5ZO.png0hwdhaU.png
If you got speed, I'd very proud of you!

oUBwSRg.pngje0pFyx.png
Seymour get more kills and will decoy more enemies.

CfZqpYA.png

Enemy phase:
ZzTFWFo.pngBnSh6xc.png

Turn 6
Player phase:
tYPOAES.png

5yboABf.png

lpV7xVq.pngC6km6rO.png

Enemy phase:
h77ITdy.png
The partisan works similar to the swordslayer: Effective against myrmidons and mercenaries.

lnNt8Rx.pngP1xoMpu.png

Turn 7
Player phase:
5NwuHtT.png
First couple of reinforcements: A mercenary and a soldier.

CsDKkAS.png
They're no match for my units!

Qo5V2pu.pngMAGMnzP.png

LeX1xHQ.pngKf2f30T.png
[spoiler=A very decent first level up.]Actually it was the only good one in this chapter. In my second run his level ups he was a piece of shit. Now I see the comparison with Eliwood. BTW his bases are laughable for a level 10 unit. He has even less base speed than Renair had at the beginning with level 2. I'm not even sure, if I'm going to use him. Probably only because of his runesword.

DjJUidA.pnga7uco8y.png
Garath stil can't hit for shit. Now I can't kill this mercenary with Juan anymore.

9kOfF1f.pngtypdp6u.png
Lia healed Seymour and can be attacked by one enemy. She won't get doubled, so she'll be fine. The other enemy will go for Garath, because he's a bow equipped.

Enemy phase:
I9njxFI.png

IiuTd8j.png
The fighter also attacked and hit him.

Turn 8
Player phase:
uacDc13.png
Two more enemies - no problem! I can kill them all in this turn:

LccseSw.pngmSuHpr0.png

oyBeUGA.pngec2gKbC.png

tz9jeo7.png

kctPse1.png

gzSEkHJ.png

T69Wxee.png
Chester can't take out the mercenary (too slow) so Garath must kill something.

76dvR2t.png

FgeGAWo.pngHwCsLN9.png

Nothing happens in enemy phase, because none of my units is any enemy's attack range.

Turn 9
Player phase:
62CQADD.png2ehtNLH.png
Two more reinforcements...

RJOP8Qs.pngx6X1lYz.png
... and dead already.

Only after playing two chapters I can say already that I liked the map design in the Musain-route much better. The first two chapters of the Onduris-route are similar and non exciting outdoor maps with a not so great variety of enemies. Saving one NPC doesn't make this chapter more interesting tbh.

x1YDZiq.png
I can easily move forward.

Enemy phase:
ci041qI.png
Crit

HeASKRR.png
The free spot next to Ilanice means that Lia can be attacked by 2 range weapons. The soldier hits her.

Turn 10
Player phase:
DyrHmTV.png
Ila can take two hits by the posion axe and the poison damage (2x14+3=27<28), so why not attacking him?

DWizAki.png

Wnn6m5t.pngpba1sNr.png
Seymour is full healed and in the forest to decoy the mercenary with the killer edge. Though he'll be in the forest too.

Enemy phase:
1aooKMw.png
No poisoning

LRm33LR.pngzH95pz0.png
Tbh I didn't want to decoy this dracoknight.

Turn 11
Player phase:
vW0Hx2v.png
These forests are problematic, because only a few units can reach these two enemies (Juan, Seymour, Kolbane, Garath and Renair). Juan must take the chance of 63% with the partisan, because otherwise I won't be able to kill this draco.

TtGModQ.pngZAbnWVF.png
Kolbane can't do anything, because he blocks Garath's attack spot.

zT22zGd.pngnGnwnHm.png
C-support: Crowe x Chester

Enemy phase:
AuCLK2k.png

Turn 12
Player phase:
Reinforcements appeared from the north-west next to the boss: A nomad and a dracoknight

fLguBJw.pngU1ac6Rw.png
He doesn't level these stats very often, so I can take it.

PcajNCp.png
I'm pressing with my units northwards to decoy the mercenary and the two bow users at the top of the image.

Enemy phase:
LA0VkNq.png

SULwP71.pngHbskByG.pnga8dVhzY.png
The last good level up in this chapter.

NoRnbLe.png
Actually Renair could die, if each enemyattacked and hit her. She'd barely survive the nomad with the poison bow with 1HP, but the poison damage would have killed her.

Turn 13
Player phase:
There's some movement in this chapter now!

e888k09.png
1. This dracoknight appears next to the beginning. He'll go for the tent at first and after that he's going to kill the last remining civilian. That means Juan must fly back at once so save this NPC to get the reward. The tent will survive two hits so the dracoknight needs at least three turns to kill Katrina. It gives me a little bit time, but it'll become a close race! That's what I meant in the previous part: One of your units must carry a civilian to prevent this situation.

OQGRPiP.png
2. Suddenly I must fight lots of enemies and more are coming towards me (at the top of the image). Renair is damaged so I let her equip the golden edge for this turn.

mljsnpn.pngGwkx26o.png

nweBjfq.pngafc3L5z.png

A56qnda.png

Godthanks the dracos are gone.

7okT4jF.pngd3q43Y4.png

I could kill all these enemies except for one nomad. He'll go for Lia again (hopefully). Especially the dracoknights are the biggest danger especially for Renair, who's still damaged.

lkMYSv6.png

[spoiler=Chapter 8b part 3]
Enemy phase:
1Tj3Fwp.pngWS7NxZm.png

GtDUMNj.png
Double poisoned
itbJatq.png
Lots of poisoning for my units. Actually the tent could be destroyed in the next turn already. It depends, how much posion damage it'll get.

Turn 14
Player phase:
xz3czuj.pngeSvQGRo.png
Godthanks no more reinforcements so I can't kill these enemies without much effort.

sKyBEei.pngC0smQVx.pnggwg5ywb.png
From now on the levels up will be really shitty.

z1STeoS.pngIGY8HRx.pngsDszeIt.png
[spoiler=Crowe is the real jerk of my team - personality and statwise.]His last level up for ever! I'm tired him!

U9b0S2E.pngiCOVyWZ.png
Bad copycat

qsVFE4f.pngY42AX3w.png

AWsZgxh.pngNYyLNGe.png
I used Garath to decoy some enemies. Once more I let him equip the wrong weapon. Instead of the hurbat he used the iron bow accidently. A fighter with a tomahawk also hit him. He has 8 HP left.

CpwjSK2.png
[spoiler=No comment to that ;)]And no, I didn't calculate this...

myTJHvy.png
[spoiler=Hopefully she'll get <3 poison damage, because otherwise Juan can't reach the NPC in time.]Actually it doesn't matter, because I can finish this chapter before.

Turn 15
Player phase:
Katrina also survived with 1 HP. So I was a lucky bastard twice.

7C0dic5.pngwjrl0lI.png
Chester's last remaining use of the iron sword. Now he doesn't have anymore weapons.

RSlO00t.pngyqeIhet.png
Ok, this is also one of the better level ups in this chapter. About time, because his previous level ups weren't all that great.

T1Cm2tF.png
Crowe's final kill in this hack most likely.

i8srjOa.png

emGK55G.png1b6xSwM.png
If I can beat the boss in the next turn, Renair could seize it.

Enemy phase:
KwWtvci.pngyb6ApHN.png
You did the job of the decoy bird very well!

oNVkJTl.png

vHhE1Vi.png

ykOvVnW.png
Ambush spawning

Turn 16
Player phase:
sDNzlwX.png3t5vlxJ.pngEZVVsMR.png
Look, how easy this boss is!

CqXr8b9.png
I think it was the first boss, who was ORKOed by only one unit.

VvaXV5s.png
What's with your speed?!
xPJmnqt.pngG0kR6ld.png
One more kill before I seize. It was actually not necessary to send Juan to the NPC.

Trap:
In my second run I felt into a trap.
YGaBIvh.png?1
If you killed this ballista archer before the boss, he'll let appear four dracoknights immediately after the kill. They all have a short spear and two of them have a killer lance as second weapon. So if you can't kill them, you'll be screwed!

The two villages:
0hNk19a.png?1

uQeJxbm.pngRggxBLh.png
c36mlEO.pngteJ2fik.pngvHxdqVF.png
You get Chase, a nomad. His bases aren't that spectacular, but he's a bowuser with seven movement, so he's going to replace Crowe. A killer bow is also very nice to have.

kjxxv4I.pngUPgeGHl.png5gKwumM.png
You get a zanbato, which does effective damage to units on horses.

3PE3eaO.pngztAmdqF.pngvb0MIjo.png
If at least one NPC survives, you'll get a physic stave after this chapter.

New units' standings:
8ALXs1B.png
89DQumO.png
vq5G2dn.png
F77eYPg.png
9l2Vp8S.png Look at her stats!!!
VNMQoII.png
NxbLM7h.png
sMlUhU8.png
9bd5YT3.png
EAAxZOp.png
G41o6KF.png
58HXNpq.png
PXPt1sJ.png
y1wk65Q.png He got one level up at least.

The chapter isn't quite over yet.
Seymour will introduce himself and Crowe makes himself useful for me.

@ The Moniker and X-Naut

Chase's first level up was quite decent: Strength and speed. The most important stats for a bowuser. Hopefully he'll keep it up!

Access to use long bows is an advantage for Crowe for sure. I still have Garath, who can use them without AS penalty. Though his hitrate is questionable...

Chase actually turned into a good unit when I used him, hope he does for you too, since there are so many wyverns around you're gonna need a good bow user.

Also, there's actually a line you have to cross to get the reinforcements to spawn, and the ballista archer is just a trap to get you to cross that line. Still, those wyverns really can be devastating if you aren't prepared.

Chase has better growths than Crowe (same Strength growth and better Speed), it's just that his bases are subpar. You lucked out with the immediate boost to both, otherwise he'd have trouble doubling a few enemies (drakes) and his damage is pretty weak without a crit. That and longbow access (which comes earlier) ensure Crowe isn't entirely outclassed; if he got better levels Chase would have a harder time competing.

Also good job keeping pace and not falling for the ambush trap on turn 15. Those drakes are nasty if you haven't crossed the woods in time.

Garath needs one more speed to stay on your team for a very long time. At least until Chase is up to par.

IIRC, Chester is highly recommended for the next chapter.

And Seymour can still kiss my ass.

The rest of the story from chapter 8b. Not too exciting except for Crowe's effort to give me 5000 gold.

[spoiler=Anyway chapter 9b is done]with one unit less. However I get three new ones so I doesn't matter. This chapter was damn hard in the beginning, but by far much more fun than the first two chapters in this route.

Will start uploading the first part tomorrow.

[spoiler=Chapter 8b part 4]
[spoiler=Seymour's introduction:]After Eclipse's advice I'm not going to use him, because I just dislike his personality (boring and arrogant) and his stats suck for a level 12 lord. His level ups were terrible in my second run. Kolbane and Chester are better swordusers and Ilanice can use the same weapon types as him with much higher speed. This means I'm still using Crowe, because this route has lots of enemy dracoknights and he has at least the speed to double and ORKO them.

XMC1Gw5.pngKwMYZCk.png2qKqFrt.pngpFc1D3f.pngIQfPfRX.pnglO3uJ05.pngMfH5n5V.png
That's actually a very good question! He doesn't need to boast for being a snoble.

ATnNbJW.png
The reason, why I dislike him!

HQ9Zq9K.pngbAyFlbn.pngdD6ZvYd.png6spv0OT.pngXWmPZIZ.png
For her standards she's almost calm.

y29frxV.png
I do everything for money!
He's a noble and doesn't know honor!

MaOmxVa.pngs2EPp7K.png8yrVdv5.png
Is he a samurai? The name frightens me.

NLcBwGN.pngSUEB4GH.pngMmoS8SE.pngDm40pfK.pngExc0t87.pngOkgRBD6.png
[spoiler=These are your wishful dreams! You won't kill any enemies!]However I guess he'll be forced in some chapters unfortunately.

O43gyLT.png
That also means NO money.

gSfL19B.pngI0Gh8ZG.pngseeF3EI.png
No I can't and won't! Get out of here!

Bl70BTm.pngPfUSi2V.pngYXuTAvG.png
Crowe is forging out a dirty plan.

7DAGw4W.pngBNqgrVj.pngiFBukg9.pngQO6S7mP.pngmfKP2Dq.png55ny9V2.png
He's planing to have a life in luxuary.

eZrM2CT.png8oxHaug.pngVpVQKIk.pngPx26QZV.pngTRWEdZD.pngnFBocZH.png7T12X8H.png7l9JfjF.png1yqQOP0.png0yVHAtw.png
:rolleyes: Ah Crowe... you're too awesome beyond the battlefield. I only wished, he'd hustle for me inside...

wwG2dny.png
Time to go... before everyone else gets wind of it.

96RB2Yj.png
Oh...nevermind!

1f1q8gZ.pngP2fWlw0.pngO9EEfJn.png
Godthanks the right person has caught him.

7Q2APpa.png
Thank you Crowe for your engagement! A great perfomance!

I never particularly liked this chapter, but don't worry, the next ones are much more interesting.

So true!

And Seymour can still kiss my ass.

Mine as well ;) - Means Crowe is rebenched and forgiven.

Crowe is somewhat finicky, but will usually turn out decent if given enough time. Can't say the same about Seymour Butts.

[spoiler=Chapter 9b part 1]
OuvYX6a.pngb07u6hF.pngXgJpH8E.pngsD6PDSQ.pngFsh4Acv.pngjkoRcbm.pngdfOMdWd.png

G8DHeDd.png

caGSFwO.pngOALQe75.pngN6AWNZ5.pngDzxtCVk.pngFWIUfNh.pngALOjz8h.pngMwCJx2t.pngMP0FarL.pngehEyIQj.pngfE2VRjA.pngAbIJRrM.pngYyTHa9K.pngZBw7wm3.png

6Vww8RT.pngHZ0q8Iw.pngpw8Pmpj.png
[spoiler=Oh damn!]No, it'll become by far worse, if you've seen the map, mission objective and the weapons of the enemies!

gj85AJQ.pngp2bPDFC.png
Mexcian boss?

wOfmJjW.png
Farrell is back!

k5MRjJs.pngoghYb9N.pnglmbbVdH.pngHLHiZUZ.png
He doesn't vibe with Farrell!

erazHVP.png
Threat

CzDHXSd.pngi9dgw7z.png
Very brave!

NAmcc8U.pngHNM3sWR.png

0PXetyr.pngmVeMztk.pngKcEWhR5.pngZrKl96v.pngOXJNObY.png
Farrell has business with someone else so Mexican guy will go after Seymour.

Battle preparations

i8GhqmY.png
Unchanged

Augury:
60TiW9s.png
Turn limit

1FTRIej.png

AH7TuS1.png

cTdisvm.png
Bring bowusers against dracoknights

5YuPDBT.png
It'll become to a Fug of War map. Chester has a better sight than everyone else.

WjdlF7f.png
Stealable goodies

Map:
EzpVBkz.pnghZnyJCH.png?1
Mezwo9m.pngqHwB2iy.png?1
nH2DjIq.png?1LQA4B1b.png?1

idPcm0a.pngPoBNjla.png
The most annoying enemies is this chapter: All these three archers have an iron long bow, who can attack your third line. This makes a safe pleacement of Ilanice and my two healers very difficult.
Another problem will be the large number of dracoknights. Most of them have a short spear.

BXtP0lK.pngMj095V3.pngtC5HALy.png
A couple of killing edges.

XxDhvcm.pngTwmKWQi.png
However the boss isn't too tough, if you still have the partisan. He's not on the throne, so I guess he'll move.

nSzGU9Y.pngY2IM8y9.png
You can steal a bodyring from this mercenary, which I'll try to do. You also can steal a few portions and an antitoxin, but I won't focus on these things. This map will be hard enough. Killing enemies has the major priority for me!

[spoiler=There are two houses,]which will give you new allies.

Chapter 9b is a defeat boss mission in time. You've only 12 turns left to kill the boss and finish this chapter.

It was by far the hardest chapter in this hack for me for these reasons:

• tons of enemies are close to you in the very beginning
  • lots of enemies with a huge attack range (dracoknights with 2 range weapons and 3 long bow archers). [spoiler=Protecting low defense units will be very difficult and almost impossible.]Placing your two healers in the forest is actually the best thing you can do.

• the turnlimit. [spoiler=You can't turtle at all.]Dracoknight reinforcements will appear from the south-west later.

• from turn 2 on it'll become a fug of war mission till the end

In general I played this chapter very aggressively and had to gamble a lot. In some situations you'll probably give me a:facepalm:.[spoiler=This playwise worked well for the most part.]I was very lucky in this chapter. I "only" lost one unit, although three more could have died easily.

For this chapter I brought Crowe back to my team because of all the dracos. He can double and ORKO them.
Seymour is kicked out, Kolbane gets a brake and I couldn't bring Gabriel to the map, because I forgot to buy a flux tome in my replayed run of the previous chapter.

So let's start this nightmare:

Turn 1
Player phase
CRfQVdx.png
The main target in this chapter: Kill as much as without breaking your frontline.

Tu2xcCP.pngVsC3UPd.png
Units can pass a part of a destroyed house, so you must keep this mind, if you build your frontline. Idk, if you can do this in the regular FE games.

2COj24n.pngXzSyrQC.png
Driscoll visits the house, where you get Karen:

4D0Lu7X.pngxq5YTFz.pngQutUctD.png
She's a sister. Another healer is very nice in this chapter, but it also forces me to take care of another fragile unit. Her base stas are pretty bleh. She barely can survive one hit and will get doubled by any myrmidons and mercenaries. She only has an E rank in light (same like Asher), but at least a B rank is staves.[spoiler=She can use the physic stave from the previous chapter, which requires weapon level B.]She'll never ever use it, because I lost it in this chapter...

Enemy phase
I turned the battle animations off to give you a better impression about the large number of enemies:
asCiu7w.png
Juan, Chester, Amelia and Ilanice are my frontline. Amelia can take two hits and she has a B-support with Ila.

e1RKrUa.png

dFCHJ2g.png

rwZvGyt.png6xVrddm.png

Qpm7wDc.png
Draco #1

pYp5iFX.png
Draco #2

XTs4G7g.png
Draco #3

p2IqGsU.png
Draco #4 - Well, this was unnecessary! I didn't check the attack range of this one. Idk, if he moves automatically. Anyway Asher dodges thankfully.

Arm6LB6.pngtQlcAEh.pngnrSNrKT.png
A soldier appears, who'll go after Renair because of her sex-appeal.

Turn 2
Player phase
D9tJrvi.png
Now the real fun begins!
Not only you must fight tons of enemies (four dracos among others), but there's fug of war now, so you can't even kill all the enemies in your attack range.

First of all the dracos must be killed:
BiiCg4c.pnggBKBvRo.pngtkxIHVf.png
Three are dead already. Only one is left.

oHkMBdQ.png3prJPc4.png
That's the Driscoll I want to see!

TYAIOek.pngLpZRxRu.png
Excellent time for a critical! Killed all the dracos without taking damage!
Though there are so many problems left!
The next problem will be the two long bow archers. I onlycan kill one of them, because I can't break my entire frontline. Otherwise Karen and Lia can be attacked by more than one enemy.

oUERhLL.png5Lj1zIq.png

O7y5wxe.png5w229tH.png
No risk, no fun!

gIidKXb.png
He must kill this myrmidon, because he can double all three healers.

h4rF2aH.png
No, I'm not kidding - this is my formation! Asher can be attacked by two cavaliers and Karen can be attacked by one unit in melee range and by the long bow archer. At least she's in the forest - however Asher not! Will this turn out well for me?

[spoiler=Chapter 9b part 2]
Enemy phase
Let's check out the results of my "brilliant" tactics:
a9c1nW2.png
Ok, this cavalier misses. Actually I didn't notice that she can be attacked by even three units. The other cavalier can attack her from melee range as well. Hopefully the forest will save her. She still has to dodge at least once!

Tcd8dyk.png
Nevermind! He heals himself, so at least Karen is safe. Now I must be worried about Ilanice and the long bow archer...

igbjqNs.png
... and worry about Amelia!

VYLQu2n.png
Bad!

W4wt5rX.png
Good! I think she can survive the long bow shot.

3Hmk7WS.png
Damn! Please no more enemies!

CyUXwnN.png

Turn 3
Player phase
Puh - all my units survived somehow. I still defend my playwise, because if I had turtled in the previous turn, the situation wouldn't have changed, except I'd have to kill more enemies in this turn. I'll focus on these two remaining long bow archers at first!

4HmRfCI.pngt531c5z.png
I guess no more enemies are next to me so my two healers should be safe.

vwKxEfH.png3OmyiPY.pnghHLGrfY.png
Take the speed. Now he's on the frontline. I must kill the archer and the soldier in this turn!

KWj8plM.png
Killing edge is another problem - not anymore thanks partisan!

lEaswqg.png6w66GqL.png
No more long bow crap - godthanks!

U7eWawp.pngFE1TWs3.png
Crit - so no damage taken

R6L1YAS.pngYSVNHB0.png
I'd call it a real level up!

EhG324l.png

Rb72o0I.png
Driscoll, Renair, Juan and Ila are my frontline. My healers are safe. Chase isn't in the attack range of these two mercenraries, but I've no idea, if enemies from the south and east can reach him. Again hoping for the best!

Enemy phase
8ZFJazd.png
This cavailer heals himself once more. He shall destroy the tent. There's a soldier at the bottom of the image, who can attack Chase.

sf517yf.png
And he hits him - bad!

E6FMyBF.png
Crap! At least he weakens it a lot!

OvbNz3Q.png

X7wZdbr.png

Turn 4
Player phase
No death yet. And I think I get a handle on this situation now. There aren't that many enemies to kill anymore. And they only have regular weapons.

aGpLL5V.pngW6mp4Ai.png
She definitely need a mend stave.

rve7DWY.png
Here's the soldier guy, who apperently doesn't move. Otherwise he'd have attacked Chase already. I guess Renair can talk to him, but she can't reach him yet.

cjouGbe.png

t8LFXsU.png
[spoiler=This mercenary has the body ring. It's mine now!]I hope I didn't miss anything, because it'll be the only stealing in this chapter.

Rp3aXFu.pngcuEmIqt.png

QPLVtAz.png

9P18zap.png

lnSwOuZ.pngoeYbhBz.png
Oh, come on!

With take + drop I place Renair on a spot from where she can talk to the soldier in the turn.

No more enemies in my sight! Can I take a breath now?

Enemy phase
vBNnuwy.png
No, not yet!

n7YbD76.pngYed4DQq.png
Dracoknight reinforcments! Now I'm really under pressure!

Turn 5
Player phase
1KT8iSX.png
Renair can talk him. Hopefully his hormons don't blow up.

r52Q8q7.pngBLKwhxO.pngkh4rcff.pngE7pycaf.pngLAGLEyb.pngOpS2IS8.png

Kanus is a level 9 soldier with average and balanced stats. His major downfall is his low speed. He'll get doubled by the myrmidons at least. [spoiler=I guess I'll take his weapons and that's it!]because I'll get a better lance user later.

GofW86Y.png7V5efo0.png
So many stats, but exact not the ones he needs the most!

8V94emg.pngV4SE59C.png
Crit

I guess soldier reinforcements appear from this area in each turn.

kwMYN3R.png
No enemies in my sight of view!

Enemy phase
xZYqupI.png
Yeah, soldier reinforcements from the south!

isornlL.png

jIyem28.png
Ughhh :unsure: killing edge

is5fT5b.png
Therefore Juan crits with 3%.

PVgjbOi.png
Kanus gets doubled by them, but they can't hit him or only do barely damage, because he's in the forest.

jcGWb71.pngd7V2OYy.png
I think they'll have bigger targets from now on!

JUzjly5.png
More draco douches

jonjp0K.png
I'm lucky once more! This myrm has a magic sword and doubles Juan. Thankfully he dodges once!

Turn 6
Player phase
I'm not worried about the turn limit. Not even the half is passed and I could theoretically attack the boss with Ilanice in the next turn already. However I've no idea, if he'll move. I'm much more afraid of the enemies. The south side isn't a huge problem, but the north is dangerous because of the light sword and the draco. Juan can't take them down all alone. And before I'll kill the boss, I still must visit the houses in the south and the north east.

SWbtaO3.png

dfqPPd0.png

LosDRg6.png
Kanus' first and only kill?

IbNNPfG.png
No more killing edges on this chapter... except for the boss!

Hz1bPZU.png

tb4j6Hf.png

AWqqnJs.png
Now I'm really f**ked! I've retreated with Juan and Co! After I have used Chester, two dracoknights with short spears are in my field of view! They can attack pretty much everyone. Again I need mercy by the RNG-GODDESS!

aEuIPDH.png
Karen is out of danger. Asher and Lia can be attacked. Asher can counterattack and Lia is in the forest. I expect they'll go for her.

Enemy phase
b6yuO1f.png
No big deal.

11CyCE9.png
Same

JzU0fJe.png
#1 hits

pxH5mUL.png
There's another hidden one! Godthanks he misses! Now I'm in serious trouble!!!

T65TEPn.pngqIZMs7B.png
# 2 hits too - Goodbye Lia.

I'm down on my luck! However it's not the worst thing. I lost my reward from the previous chapter - physic. This hurts me much more than her death!
Tbh I'm kinda glad that it happened, because I had incredible luck in some situations in this chapter.

Turn 7
Player phase
The situation isn't become easier for me - quite the opposite: I must fight a lot of dracos and I guess more are coming towards me!
rFGDYYC.png

tYKBuXY.png
Amelia can't even double them. However it doesn't matter in this situation.

PWoFdQv.pnge0m6N0s.png
He gets another kill!

zCsirfu.png
See - more dracos!

fgVZc3u.png

XfnfyXb.png

NxRzIyw.png

0nlzbA7.png
At least these dracos are gone. The myrm with the light sword is still alive. Juan can't oneshot him with partisan so he must retreat.

Enemy phase
MjLtFeu.png

bWnr7By.png

cvAVATR.png
Do you see now, why I said this chapter is the hardest one so far?

Turn 8

Player phase
HSHbJ3i.png

bIYSgRu.pngdlfa29I.png
Even if she even can't double them, she still can kill them with crits!

lpvOGp2.pngujZIBH0.pngl6ILqxh.png
Chase misses so Chester gets the kill and an excellent level up. Another huge problem less! Now I can finally visit the other village - except there are more enemies in this area too.

naaP8pN.pngYQnkaYY.png

LJ5yEIb.pngZb8FFkF.png
[spoiler=What's the point of this building?]Is it only the place, where the soldier reinforcements do appear?

dZ7zNHu.png

I'm with Eclipse, Seymour sucks. At his best he doubles with an iron lance, but he doesnt kill the enemy. Arcus is so much better since his prf has effectiveness. Nosferatu sword misses too much to be of any use. But IMO the units you get in this route are better than the ones you'd get in the other route. Chase so good.