Fire Emblem confessions.

Yami Noctis

I'm not really a fan of any of the battle animations.

I like the assassin side story in FE12.

I save-state abuse the single RN FEs because I just don't feel like dealing with that shit.

I don't like Ike.

Edited by The Legendary Falchion

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe RobinxSumia>ChromxSumia

Lucina, while being very strong willed and sturdy, is nonetheless a flat and boring character to me.

Berserker was my favorite until Awakening utterly ruined it

I have difficulty finding my Female Robin a spouse due to Sumia having to marry someone else.

I like Awakening's character designs.

I don't think that any FE yet actually has a really good story.

If given a choice between using a guy who is a great unit and a cute girl who is the same kind of unit but generally worse, I will always use the cute girl.

I thought Awakening's story was good up until the Valm arc.

I think that FE4's sprite art is horrible.

I laugh when people complain about newer FEs looking too "anime"

PoR!Ike is my most favorite lord in the entire series

I really hate RD!Ike though

Ike x Soren is my only OTP in all of Fire Emblem

I have an intense love for archers, even Ronan

Same with Mages

I have made it a point to rob and kill Orson in literally every playthrough of Sacred Stones

I always kill Jagen and Frey to get Norne, but I've never gotten any of the other gaiden characters apart from Nagi

I'm actually legit excited about SMTXFE, even with the recent trailer being absolutely nowhere even remotely close to what I was expecting

When I played FE7 for the first time (in 6th grade, mind you), I didn't realize there were "HIT/DMG/CRIT" displays on the battle screen. Like, I literally judged my character's strengths off of "what they looked like"...embarrassing, I know.

- I abhor FE13/14's character designs, but love the Tellius ones.

- I once removed Nihil from Ike and he got Eclipsed by BK ( because I hate his FE10 self. Wait, I hate him. Period. He's the sole reason I don't play PoR/RD anymore ).

- I took base level RD Mia into 4-5 and she emerged as a Level 8-9 Trueblade by throwing Resolve on her. But I do think she is one of the most overhyped characters, both in terms of looks and battle ability. In that same chapter, I got Tibarn killed in his unshifted state because I wanted to see his death quote.

- I data transfer Lucia and promoted her in 2-2 when playing Easy Mode. I'm still peeved to this day by what IS did to her ( gives her crappy bases but WTF growths in PoR, gives her decent bases in RD, but with now 0% availability and a 25% Str/15% Def growth >< ). I adore that woman and ship her with Elincia ( my OTP ).

- I really, really yearn for an FE4-style game again. Not going to happen, I'm afraid.

- I hate all the GMs except for Shinon. And I think Eternal Bond is the most overrated track in the series.

- When playing FE7 for the first time, I thought the game had ended at the end of Lyn's story.

- I managed to recruit Ira first time round when playing FE4.

- I prefer characters with good backstories/personality traits/plot relevance as opposed to characters who have high bases/anime stereotypes/tropes etc.

- I don't have a favourite FE game...

When playing emulated games on my computer I abuse cheats a significant amount of the time

If I think one of the characters is an attractive male in one of the games I like keeping him single unless if there's a MU/Avatar option, in which he quickly becomes my husbando

I've never had a decent Hector in my no-cheats runs of FE7

I prefer Eirika over Ephraim in FE8 because she doesn't have a crappy speed cap

I liked the SMTxFE trailer in the 4/1 Nintendo Direct

I didn't like mercs/heroes until Awakening, and even then I don't use them that often in games that come before it

I've never beat the Black Knight in PoR

I like Micaiah (Although I did used to hate her, as I grew up she grew on me.)

- Awakening is my favorite game as of right now.

- So far I've only beat 2 Fire Emblem games, Awakening and Shadow Dragon

- So far I've only gotten past chapter 10 in 3 Fire Emblem games, the 2 mentioned above, and Fire Emblem (Rekka no Ken).

- I have no idea what is going on in that SMTxFE trailer.

- I have zero interest in SMTxFE.

- I thought Awakening's story got really cheesy at some points (Oh wait that's the general consensus around here).

- It really bothers me when I don't have the ability to show all enemy attack ranges at the press of a button.

Edited by Star and Moon

Ike is my favorite character in the series.

I married Nowi in my second playthrough of Awakening gotta get that Manakete Morgan though with those genetics.

I lost Sain in my first playthrough of FE7

Here's the biggest one: I actually enjoyed Awakening's story somewhat.

I've only abused savestates in FE1.

I don't hate Lucina or Chrom.

I have no opinion on Ike.

I'm an Awakening noob.

I spend all my gold on extra iron weapons, standard magic, and heal staves that I never get to use.

I try to preserve my OP or legendary weapons I get so much it never goes below half of it's uses.

Edited by Rabbattack

Karel in Binding Blade has my favourite support conversations in the series.

I use Nino every single time I play Blazing Sword and train her extensively because she is my favourite character in the game. She always kills Sonia and Nergal, no exceptions.

I think Colm and Neimi are a cute couple, and I put effort into making them combat capable.

Path of Radiance Ike and Soren are my OTP.

Radiant Dawn is my least favourite Fire Emblem.

I think Shadow Dragon's english script is the best localisation I have ever experienced.

I think New Mystery of the Emblem was the beginning of the end for Fire Emblem.

I think Awakening has the best Final Chapter in the series.

Edited by Irysa

I use Nino every single time I play Blazing Sword and train her extensively because she is my favourite character in the game.

Le gasp! I'm not the only one!

I also don't think I've yet played FE8 without using Amelia. Same with FE3 (Book 1) and Est.

Don't think less of me for this...

• First time I played a Fire Emblem game (it was Sacred Stones) I didn't pay any attention to the weapon triangle
  • I almost never use archers or healers
  • I generally use characters based off of personality & looks rather than stats
  • First time I beat FE7, I let almost every one of my units die against the final boss
  • I like very few characters in FE7, no one really stood out to me
  • There's nothing wrong with EirikaXEphraim
  • Soren is a horrible character, PoR and RD would have been so much better without him
  • RD was a horrible game in almost every aspect
  • Ike is a really overrated Lord, he's extremely one dimentional, has almost no flaws, and is just boring
  • Anna is probably my favorite female character in any Fire Emblem game.
  • Chrom is way to attractive (I'm a straight guy for the record), and a better lord than Lucina
  • Yarne is my favorite character in Awakening
  • (I can't seem to tell if this is an unpopular opinion or not around here...) I thought Awakening was the best Fire Emblem game to date in terms of the overall feel - artstyle, story, features, innovations, etc.
  • I've yet to play FE 2-6 :( (Genology of the Holy War is next on my list)
Edited by Rawkstar

I wouldn't mind if Anna didn't appear in FE:if (She really doesn't seem like she would fit in, unless given a big redesign)

So far every lord in every FE game I've played has a really bland personality. I hear Marth acts more childish in the original FE and I feel like that would've been better than him having basically the same personality every other Lord does.

It bothers me when people use Japanese names for characters (ex. Shiida, Rena) instead of the official translation of their names (ex. Caeda, Lena) Luckily I've never seen someone say Minerba yet.

I know I should've saved Boyd for the sake of Oscar and Rolf, but the boss was the only unit left on the map and I didn't feel like restarting.

EDIT: Nowi doesn't bother me as much as she should. That's kinda weird.

EDIT2: When I first played FE7 I thought Sain was Roy.

Edited by Star and Moon

Shiida is Caeda's name in the PAL version, lol

And I've never heard of anyone using Rena over Lena

Though for most of the names it's mainly a matter of what they're used to. There was a very, very long period of time when no characters from games 1 to 6 had any sort of official translation other than whatever they decided to put in SSB Melee, which was limited to Marth and Roy. It took 17 years for FE1 to get official names, and it wasn't until 2 years ago that we got any more official names from the older games. It's kind of hard to use "official" names after spending years upon years of using fan translations. I still have a hard time calling Celice Seliph and Sety Ced. It's just not what I'm used to :/

Edited by Kon

I call Lena Rena. I call Celice Seliph because it sounds better.

Minerba doesn't sound anything like the Roman god of war and wisdom. I use Shiida because I don't know how to and if Caeda is pronounced differently.

I call Marth Mars

Edited by Rabbattack

I refuse to call any FE4 character in Awakening by their Awakening name. Same goes for the holy weapons. FE TCG names ftw!

I think Eirika's best A-Rank Support is with Ephraim.

I use Roy in FE6. Always. He's also never turned out 'terrible' for me, but that's just luck, I guess.

I think Raven is one of the best units in FE7.

In my opinion, FE9 Ike isn't a good unit. FE10 Ike is fine, but Mia is actually the best in both scenarios.

I marry either Sumia or Olivia in Awakening.

I hate Jaffar, Seth, Colm, Naesala, and Vaike, amongst many others, with a passion.

But I do think she is one of the most overhyped characters, both in terms of looks and battle ability.

wrt Mia. Omfg this right here. Shes annoying, not the best looking gal in that FEverse, and not amazing. She is pretty good in RD, but come on. Her and Marisa's fanboys really irk the hell out of me.

I hate prepromotes (such as Seth...)

Git Gud or git out.

Shiida is Caeda's name in the PAL version, lol

And I've never heard of anyone using Rena over Lena

Though for most of the names it's mainly a matter of what they're used to. There was a very, very long period of time when no characters from games 1 to 6 had any sort of official translation other than whatever they decided to put in SSB Melee, which was limited to Marth and Roy. It took 17 years for FE1 to get official names, and it wasn't until 2 years ago that we got any more official names from the older games. It's kind of hard to use "official" names after spending years upon years of using fan translations. I still have a hard time calling Celice Seliph and Sety Ced. It's just not what I'm used to :/

I cannot...cannot abide by the direct translations though. Like, Holsety? Baldo? Lopto? Oh man, that last one...

tumblr_inline_mz2b2n1zg91s8aoba.gif

My inner Norse scholar is screaming bloody murder! As for the "official" localization of Lachesis, that can fuck off. Raquesis? Shame on you, IS.

I hate how heavy the legendary weapons in FE7 are, and how low some character's cons are.

I really like Sakura's design. Her, Hinoka, and Felicia are my favorite characters so far, and I'm almost considering going Hoshido just because they're all on that side.

I hate almost every class that isn't Merc, Myrm, Shaman, or Monk. I like some Clerics too.

I usually use characters for their stats, but sometimes I'm biased for characters with good design.

Oh, and I absolutely hate any form of pre-promote, with the one and only exception being characters of the Gotoh archetype. Oh, and Stefan, FE9 only. Anything else, I am absolutely not willing to use.

Edited by Dracocoa

I like the idea of the berserker class yet out of every berserker there is in FE aside Male MU/Male Morgan I only use one (Hawkeye)

Like I like axes and I like muscles but there's not a whole lot of designs nor statspreads that appeal to me out of all those unmounted axedudes (though in a game that isn't FE6, I might have used Gonzo)

I usually prefer high bases/flat out prepromotes because I don't really care for most scrubs but when I favoritism, I favoritism hard

not so much a confession but more of an unpopular opinion: I like Kjelle

Edited by Thor Odinson

I haven't actually finished FE6/FE7 HM yet or the lunatic modes. They're not too difficult for me to finish or anything though, just haven't gotten around to it.

I'm not that great at managing EXP.

I'm not as patient as i should be and prefer a more cowboy/aggessive approach.

I actually like Gangrel as a character and wish they went more in depth with him.

Warriors are my favorite class, tying with Berserker.