Fire Emblem confessions.

Yami Noctis

I did not first learn of FE's existence via SSBM, but via a FE7 game I found in a cottage.

For a few weeks after first seeing her, I did not realize adult Tiki's breasts were big.

I was fine with Awakening's story.

I play on Casual Mode.

I do not consider Awakening's support system more reminiscent of a dating sim than the GBA games and PoR.

I did not create an in-game avatar of myself, nor do I plan to.

I have a file that uses Robin's default male appearance.

I listen to PoR/RD music while playing Awakening.

When I played FE7, I got stuck on the level you recruit Dorcas in because I thought you had to do something else to pass the level and kept quitting before the defend turn limit. I WAS YOUNG DON'T JUDGE ME. *bricked*

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first played Sacred Stones, and FE by extension, I abused Seth and thought I was playing the game wrong when everyone else sucked at the end.

I now never use pre-promotes. Not even Gotohs.

I refuse to use anything stronger than Steel weapons and El-magic.

I like archers.

I have a file that uses Robin's default male appearance.

Same for all of my files. I don't want to make a character I dislike look like me, not to mention I find Awakening's options lacking in that regard.

I took 2 royals to 4-E. I can't resist Cain and Tibrarn.

I think Tanith is actually kind of hot.

Still haven't gotten around to HHM. FE7 makes my brain hurt because it's pretty derp.

Wyvern riders are always used without question. I give them so much favoritism.

I have a tendency to handwave FE4's issues because I love the game so damn much.

That being said, the complaints about mounts in Genealogy are oft overblown.

I fear that when I play Thracia I'll like it more than Genealogy.

I *need* Bow Knights on my team. Or at least someone who uses bows.

Despite not having a high opinion of Awakening I often find myself defending it.

The SMT x FE trailer gave me cancer.

I haven't played Hector Hard Mode mostly because FE7's kinda boring to me now

I haven't finished FE1 because Marth tearing through everything gets boring

I haven't finished FE2 because the grind got a little boring

I haven't played FE in half a year (damn you smash/monhun)

I married my Avtar in my FE13 Lunatic run for the waifu and not the stats

I think Sigrun is the most attractive female character and Hector is the most attractive male character across all FEs

I don't like the Avatar designs in FE:if

I prefer Hoshido to Nohr because the characters in Nohr bug me

I was fine with Awakening's story.

I can get behind you on that.

As for my confessions:

• I'm more likely to use a unit based on its artwork than on its growths.
  • I don't enjoy the toughest difficulties of any FE game I have played, they stop being fun game and start to feel like a chore because I *need* to use unit X and can never hope to proceed if you use unit Y... i like having choice and being whimsical damnit!
  • I don't like any element of the dark mage lady in awakening... at all.
  • I'm a sucker for happy endings such that I will often pair characters up based exclusively on their happy endings (such as Pracillia's different possible pairings in Blazing swords for example).
  • I'm terrible at using and managing the growth of archers/snipers such that I will say publicly that they are terrible classes but i know the truth is I'm just useless with them.
Edited by Merric

I always use Pre-Promotes.

I think that bases are more important than growths when judging a unit.

Heros are my favorite class.

Despite that, I find Raven to be somewhat overrated.

I use Marcus all game long in FE7.

Percival is God.

Edited by Carmine Sword

Here's mine:

• On my first time playing an FE game, I thought Boyd from PoR would come back in the next chapter after I lost him due to having played FFTA beforehand. Needless to say, he didn't. And I restarted.
  • I never thought prepromotes were useless. Maybe inferior to their unpromoted counterparts at one point. (And who didn't think that way before now?) But never useless. Especially since Seth, Duessel, and Saleh were among my most used FE8 units for starters.
  • Magic users and fliers are my most favorite unit types.
  • Despite that, I'm not too fond of Tormod or Illyana in RD, or Pegasus Knights (save maybe Tate) in TBB, or Maria in FE Archanea.
  • Hector/Lyn is my FE OTP.
  • On a bit of a note related to the one directly above, Hector/Florina, Lyn/Rath, and Chrom/Sumia would be my least favorite pairs in the series.
  • I will use certain pairs in a game if there's a benefit to doing so. Even if the pair in question fails Relationship Building 101. But other than that, I tend to go with favorites.
  • I think Idun from Binding Blade is very underappreciated.
  • Lyn is my most favorite FE Lord. And I feel like she gets more flak than she deserves nowadays.
  • Thanks to Nintendo Power, and playing around with SSBM's language settings, the question "are Marth and Roy in this game" never crossed my mind. (Though I did have it pegged that Eliwood was related to Roy in some way.)

And I guess that's it for now.

Edited by Just call me AL

My confession to end all confessions:

I don't really like Fire Emblem. Am I gonna get banned now?

Yes, I am joking. My real confession is that when I first played Fire Emblem, it inspired me to make my first OC. My OC ended up being a Gary-Stu and I didn't realize it until a few days ago. Also, I never use knights because I think they're worthless and I purposely avoided recruiting Kellam because I hated him too much to let him on my team.

Edited by icercube

Tellius is my favorite FE world (though admittedly I haven't played any Jugdral games, to be exact I never played any NES or SNES FE game)

I'm interested in the Jugdral games, though the out-dated battle animations, character sprites, etc really turn me off...

Ike is my favorite lord in the series. I don't have a lord character that I hate. Ike and Hector are the best/strongest lords for me, Roy and Eliwood tied for the weakest.

My favorite classes are mage, cavalier, myrmidon, archer, pegasus/draco knight, cleric/priest/troubadour, knight, in that order. Though the first 4 options are exchangeable. As for 'unique' classes, I love Royal Laguz, Manaketes, Halberdiers and Assassins.

I like the class mercenary but only use them for a few chapters after their recruitment (and never touched them ever again)

FE10 sages and paladins are pretty bad units, tbh (compared to the ones in the other games).

I would like to see a Tellius continuation or remake in the future

I surprisingly really, really enjoy playing FE12 (thought it was gonna suck). I also don't hate any FE, even FE11.

I'm not toooo interested in SMT x FE.

FE is one of my fav Nintendo series :D:

AND FINALLY THE BIG ONE

I never played FE13 due to not having a 3DS, yet :P:

Edited by RidellCrimea

Okay I have a couple more of my own.

1.I tend to ship Florina with Hector.

2.I really hate bow knights and find them very frail.

3.I support more for the ending they get instead of in game benefits.

4.I think that flyers are sometimes op.

5.I really like the female sprites with long hair.

6.Dark Magic is my favorite magic to use ever.

Here's Mine

1) Awakening is my favorite Fire Emblem game because of the Story and Dual Pair system.

2) Eirika is my favorite Lord

3) Stahl is my favorite Fire Emblem character

4) I love the Fire Emblem 7 and 8 mods more then the game

5) Marth is my least Favorite Fire Emblem Character

6) And I hope the Camila isn't Kamui's adoptive mom.

I made MUs of Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell and Lian Xing from Syphon Filter in Awakening, and shipped Sam with Tiki, and Lian with Chrom.

I honestly wish I was kidding

Lyn and Ike are my favorite FE characters

I like Lyon better as a character then EVERYONE ELSE in the cast of Sacred Stones

I headcanon that the Smash Bretheren DLC is actually the war that decided who was in Brawl, Roy or Ike

Fun fact: Shadow Dragon was the first FE I played. I did it when I was around 7-8. My cousin let me borrow it and he told me not to use Jeigan because he's a prepromote and has bad growths. I never even used prepromotes in my very first FE because I thought every prepromote was terrible like Jeigan.

also I don't really care for Cavaliers tbh.

I sometimes try to use all my units to their fullest, except Dancers depending on the game.

I immediately killed Henry the time he got recruited once.

I like Eirika as a character, but not as a unit.

Marcus is my favorite Jeigan/Oifey. Second being Seth.

I hate Gerome. Always makes it a necessity to be edgy as fuck, I don't care about what happened before he joined, other people went through that shit, and it doesn't mean he can just be edgy as he wants.

-I reclassed both Sully and Stahl because I thought the red-and-green armor on the blue-and-yellow-and-white armored horses clashed horribly

-I've only played FE7, FE8, and FE13

-I hate Virion, character wise and otherwise, so I always recruit Jamke (even though I haven't played his game) as my Sniper, 'cause Galeforce.

-I dislike Eliwood, so Rath gets Lyn, and he's stuck with killing his girlfriend.

-I like Chrom, Hector, and Ephraim as characters.

-Henry is my favorite FE Character of all time.

-I liked FE13's story.

-My FE13 Waifu is Lissa.

-I like Camilla's design, all of it, but not just because she's hot.

I totally forgot to mention this, but when I first played Smash Bros Melee, I though Marth was a girl. Although to be fair I was under 10 years old.

Also until I actually cared about Fire Emblem I thought it was just an RPG like Legend of Zelda. This thought, however, goes up until halfway through last year.

Edited by Star and Moon

I promote / reclass units solely on the way the class or battle sprite looks.

To me, stats, promotion bonuses, and growth rates barely mean a thing. In Awakening, I only have one of each type of unit in my army. I try to never have two Falcon Knights, Wyvern Riders, Heroes, Sorcerers, etc. The only exception I have is for Chrom and Lucina, because their sprites are completely different.

Of course, none of this stuff matters when you're forced into a class because some Fire Emblem games only have one promotion path. But that's why Sacred Stones and Awakening are my top two Fire Emblem games anyways.

Whenever I expect my unit to hit and they miss, I let them die out, and later reset because I realize I didn't want them to die XD.

Edited by Carter

I never used Nino and never intend to.

I do use the Jeigans and pre-promotes.

I like Severa.

Hector's my favorite Lord.

I've played Awakening three times on hard mode because Lunatic is just too frustrating lol.

I don't use Jeigans or pre-promotes, they're just bench-warmers for me.

I definitely pair units based on their ending/relationship rather than in-game benefits.

I like FE7's story the most out of the ones I've played. (6, 7, 8, 9-10, 11, 13)

Although I like Awakening's gameplay best.

I miss the special critical/skill animations in Awakening.

I don't like classes that can only use staffs and rarely use them. (I usually get by until my units gain staffs upon promotion.)

Dark magic is my favorite weapon type and I wish the FE7 magic triangle would come back.

The list can go on and on for me, so I'd better cut it off now before I get carried away.