Known Information (2nd April)

VincentASM

Personally, I like this removal of weapon durability mostly because Armsthrift was one of those skills I tried to get onto as many units as possible. It certainly changed what units I did use over the course of the story as I heavily relied on some to be much more aggressive with. I think it'll encourage me to really try out other characters throughout the story to find the ones I like the most gameplay and story wise.

Speaking of skills, the only thing I'm curious about is how skills are gonna work. Are we gonna have to learn them via reclassing like in Awakening or are we gonna have to use Skill Scrolls like in the Tellius series? They haven't told us yet, have they?

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a lot of jumping to conclusions going around the internet at the moment. If they remove weapon durability, I doubt you can just buy everyone a brave weapon and forge it to automatically win the game; they'll even it out somehow, I'm sure.

I think what surprised me the most is the fact that all the royals, including those on the Nohr side apparently, can use Dragon's Vein (or is it 'Dragon's Pulse' now?). I think I sort of like the idea though, but if Kamui wasn't (forcefully) adopted for his powers, then what was Garon after? Or maybe Kamui is the only one who can actually change form.

What a fucking joke lol. Removing weapon usage is the dumbest thing in a series a of dumb things about this game.

Gaiden didn't have weapon uses. FE4 essentially didn't have weapon uses (aside from staves, I never broke any weapons in FE4).

That horse you're on is too damn high.

Does anyone have any clue what a "Revenant Knight" is? They say it's Camilla's class, but I don't think I've ever heard of it before.

Probably just her personal class name, to distinguish her from non-royal/non-dragon Wyvern Knights

But then again Marx is just "Paladin"...

Gaiden didn't have weapon uses. FE4 essentially didn't have weapon uses (aside from staves, I never broke any weapons in FE4).

I agree. However, making weapon durability optional, rather than removing it entirely, would inevitably cause some balance issues.

Probably just her personal class name, to distinguish her from non-royal/non-dragon Wyvern Knights

But then again Marx is just "Paladin"...

Then why use "revenant"? I could buy that she was just a better Wyv. Knight if her class was something like: Dragon Lord. The only revenants I can think of are the revenants from Sacred Stones, and they were zombies. Maybe a Wyv. Knight with dark magic? Hmm...I think I might have to find a better thread for my speculation, if there really is no other info.

Edited by Honey Bunny

Then why use "revenant"? I could buy that she was just a better Wyv. Knight if her class was something like: Dragon Lord. The only revenants I can think of are the revenants from Sacred Stones, and they were zombies. Maybe a Wyv. Knight with dark magic? Hmm...I think I might have to find a better thread for my speculation, if there really is no other info.

Maybe she rides a Draco Zombie? Those were in Sacred Stones

It could be that actually, her two younger siblings use magic.

Or she's a vampire

Basically the first part of class names for mounted units units with specific mounts tends to refer to the mount itself. Aka she's not riding a wyvern, but some sort of undead creature, which probably serves the same purpose. It could be the case, we have no confirmations that wyverns actually exist as far as I know.

Edited by Cysx

Revenants weren't called revenants in the Japanese versions (they were called zombies) so maybe NoJ has their own crazy ideas of what レヴナントis supposed to mean. Like how the valkyrie class doesn't really have anything to do with what the word valkyrie traditionally means.

Um... okay, could be wrong, but doesn't 'revenant' mean simply 'someone who has returned'? I think there tends to be an association with 'returning from the dead', but...

then again, class names don't always match up to what they're riding. Dark Knights in Awakening, remember? (okay, lifetaker skill is probably dark, but still, no dark magic)

Maybe she rides a Draco Zombie? Those were in Sacred Stones

Possibly acting as the only unit with zombie as a type? If her stats were boosted enough that could work.

It could be that actually, her two younger siblings use magic.

Or she's a vampire

Yeah, thinking about it dark magic does seem most likely.

People have speculated that incest will be a major theme of this game. You have speculated she is a vampire...Vampire Knight/Fire Emblem crossover confirmed!

Basically the first part of class names for mounted units tends to design the mount. Aka she's not riding a wyvern, but some sort of undead creature, which probably serves the same purpose. It could be the case, we have no confirmations that wyverns actually exist as far as I know.

What does great have to with an armored horse, and Falcon Knights don't ride falcons. I don't really buy this line of logic. Not saying that that couldn't be the case, I just don't think this point is valid.

Revenants weren't called revenants in the Japanese versions (they were called zombies) so maybe NoJ has their own crazy ideas of what レヴナントis supposed to mean. Like how the valkyrie class doesn't really have anything to do with what the word valkyrie traditionally means.

Ah, good to know. Personally this makes the dark magic thing look more viable to me.

Edit: @Aquakat Maybe she had a near death experience or something?

Dear god this post is too long.

Edited by Honey Bunny

I'd say that's a bit different. Valkyries are very specific mystical beings, while revenants, while not exactly a real thing, are more common, basic, and the term encompasses a lot of things.

That's clearly a possibility though.

What does great have to with an armored horse, and Falcon Knights don't ride falcons. I don't really buy this line of logic. Not saying that that couldn't be the case, I just don't think this point is valid.

You have too many classes riding a horse for all of them to include horse in their name, but specific mounts are generally in the name of the class, though Falcon knight is indeed an exception to that rule.

Also, dark magic plus axes sounds a bit improbable, but why not I guess.

Edited by Cysx

You have too many classes riding a horse for all of them to include horse in their name, but specific mounts are generally in the name of the class, though Falcon knight is indeed an exception to that rule.

Umm, what? What you're saying is that your point doesn't apply to half of the mounted classes, because once you take horses out of the equation there's only six classes left (going by awakening). In which case, yes it mostly applies to half the mounted classes.

Would you mind telling me why you think dark+axes is improbable? If there is something I've been overlooking I'd be happy to know.

Dark magic + axes + flight sounds amazing and super broken.

What does great have to with an armored horse, and Falcon Knights don't ride falcons

That ain't falco

Huh..."suspicious". Is Takumi going to be a traitor?

I would assume they mean suspicious as in distrusting, but that might just be my English skills crumbling due to a lack of sleep.

Umm, what? What you're saying is that your point doesn't apply to half of the mounted classes, because once you take horses out of the equation there's only six classes left (going by awakening). In which case, yes it mostly applies to half the mounted classes.

Would you mind telling me why you think dark+axes is improbable? If there is something I've been overlooking I'd be happy to know.

First point, yes, pretty much. I was thinking more of the type of mounts than of the mounted classes when I said that. Which is my bad.

And there are no interesting reasons for that. It never happened before, especially not on a flier. Axes are generally used by physical focused units. Dark magic mastery is generally restricted, uncommon. Stuff like that. But dark magic might be weaker in If, and relatively common in Nohr.

Basically the first part of class names for mounted units units with specific mounts tends to refer to the mount itself. Aka she's not riding a wyvern, but some sort of undead creature, which probably serves the same purpose. It could be the case, we have no confirmations that wyverns actually exist as far as I know.

We've seen her map sprite and her TCG art shows her just riding the standard dragon/wyvern. Maybe it's a magic using class, to replace Dark Fliers?

Why didn't they add another mode to go with Phoenix Mode?

Idea:

Nightmare Mode.

ALL maps are Fog of War. all enemies gains ambush bonus when attacking from fow, including leaving the dark to attack you in melee or ranged combat.

They gains +hit, avoid and damages to go with it.

This is the true horror to go even above Lunatic.

:]

We've seen her map sprite and her TCG art shows her just riding the standard dragon/wyvern. Maybe it's a magic using class, to replace Dark Fliers?

Wait, right, the TCG.

3da.png

... actually... that doesn't really look like a wyvern, does it?

Edit: the lower right part would be the head covered by a helmet, but still...

Edited by Cysx

Wait, right, the TGC.

3da.png

... actually... that doesn't really look like a wyvern, does it?

I wonder if it's a different creature altogether then, seeing as these characters have dragon blood. It might be a little weird for her to use another dragon as a mount. Nowi reclass anyone? The only thing is that in Camilla's map sprite it looks pretty identical to the Wyverns in Awakening.