Who did you vote for in the Smash Bros. Ballot?

Knight

Who did you vote for in the Smash Bros. Ballot  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who?

2. 2. Whom?

• In other poll
    • Raiden
    • Bayonetta
    • Wonder Red
    • Simon Belmont
    • Other Castlevania protag
    • Chrom
    • Inkling
    • S.T.E.A.M. Character
    • Any other Pokemon
    • Any other Fire Emblem character
    • Bandana Dee
    • Indie Game Character
    • Daisy
    • Bomberman
    • Krystal
    • Character from other Capcom franchise
    • Character from other Namco franchise
    • Takamaru, Ice Climbers, other obscure dead Nintendo franchise
    • Other/None (then why did you even vote)

Solid Snake. Apparently I have a thing for guys with bandanas.

or snakes in general, judging from your username

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know Kat Monroe? The first and underrated female character in Star Fox that actually had a love story until furries decided to only care when a fem Fox appeared?

Of course I remember her. She was always pretty cool imo. Down to her stolen reverse-engineered and customized enemy fighter that sparkled when she barrel rolled.

Something about her always seemed to tell me she could totally one-up the Starfox guys if she wanted to.

...I liked her better when she was pink, though...

I voted for Eliwood because he's my favorite Fire Emblem character and because of his potential. Since it seems that Sakurai is looking for a gimmick in newcomers, Eliwood's gimmick can be the access to the weapon triangle and a horse while leaving Durandal for his Final Smash alongside Ninian. Other characters like Sigurd or the Renais twins could work as variants.

Edited by Lord-Zero

I voted for Eliwood because he's my favorite Fire Emblem character and because of his potential. Since it seems that Sakurai is looking for a gimmick in newcomers, Eliwood's gimmick can be the access to the weapon triangle and a horse while leaving Durandal for his Final Smash alongside Ninian. Other characters like Sigurd or the Renais twins could work as variants.

We have a Giant Sword weilder. Ike.

We have an Eliwood. Roy.

I never thought I'd see the day, but I'm pretty sure FE is actually overrepresented now. We don't need any more Fire Emblem characters until the rest of the roster gets a little balanced out, and maybe not even then.

Don't like it? Blame Roy.

Edited by Ritisa

Blame Lucina! I get Awakening made a massive shift of things for FE, and I get Robin cuz it's new pace for a magic user, but now Roy is playable, Ike and Lucina are basically useless. If you can't handle with the tip sword bonus of King Marth, then Roy with good Lucina speed and high Ike power with the inside of the blade with fire is a much better option. Why add Lucina if DLC and Roy was the plan?

I doubt Roy was even planned initially. Ike already had a unique moveset and feel, so I don't see why you'd get rid of him. Lucina is basically an alt costume though and probably would've been better that way. (or even better as a unique character)

Edited by Knight

Blame Lucina! I get Awakening made a massive shift of things for FE, and I get Robin cuz it's new pace for a magic user, but now Roy is playable, Ike and Lucina are basically useless. If you can't handle with the tip sword bonus of King Marth, then Roy with good Lucina speed and high Ike power with the inside of the blade with fire is a much better option. Why add Lucina if DLC and Roy was the plan?

lucina and marth were already (relatively) pointless; it's not roy's fault they suck - same goes for ike, but less so

and marth himself made lucina way more pointless than roy did; he does her job way better than roy does

meanwhile roy has shitty range (relative to ike/marth/lucina) and (I think?) has to rely a lot more on rushing down the opponent, rather than keeping them at a distance with a long sword

and it's not like they didn't buff ike at the same time

and 4 FE characters is still like, 1.5M sales per rep, as opposed to a series like donkey kong, which is sitting around 30M per.

How will Phoenix Wright even fight? Doesn't he just solve cases? I'm not against you, I'm just wondering.

He can throw papers and evidence at opponents. There's probably something that they can do with "Objection!" and his pointer finger. He was even a fighter in Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3, but I don't know much about that series, or what he actually did in that game.

"Objection" could also be his Final Smash!

I've already vote for Zero from MMX lol

No need.
Use the Mii outfit.

What if this Ballot is a trick and Sakurai is already developing one of the characters he knows will get one the top votes.

Watch Zero become a Mii Gunner or Swordfighter in the next wave of Mii Costumes.

Already happened.

My biggest dream is a fighting game only with Fire Emblem characters.

If this dream will come true?

We do.

-----

Voted for Chrom.

Needs to have some moves be Lances though in order to get him in.

Edited by Lt_Matilda_Ajan

No need.

Use the Mii outfit.

Already happened.

do you even read timestamps? those posts were made months before they revealed the mii costumes

We have a Giant Sword weilder. Ike.

We have an Eliwood. Roy.

Durandal makes Ragnell look like a toothpick and Roy is very different from Eliwood; class-wise.

As I said before, the weapon triangle and a horse would be his gimmick while Durandal can be left for a FS. His specials could be named and based on the effects of Ninian/Nils' rings.

Yes, FE feels a bit over-represented but it's also proof of its rising popularity.

Durandal makes Ragnell look like a toothpick

Well... that's one indestructible, 1-2 Range, 18 Mt, Aether backed, Defense boosting toothpick then huh?

Makes Durandal look like a splinter.

I repeat, "We have a Giant Sword wielder, Ike."

How a horseplay style would work is beyond my imagination. Getting knocked back, Special recovery, land on the ground from damage, tech animations and other numerous animations. It's not going to work as well as you think. As FS like a critical, probably. And why another Roy bloodline?

do you even read timestamps? those posts were made months before they revealed the mii costumes

Am aware.

UNNs0U.jpg

~Ha ha

Didn't look at the time stamps.

My bad.

Edited by Lt_Matilda_Ajan

Well... that's one indestructible, 1-2 Range, 18 Mt, Aether backed, Defense boosting toothpick then huh?

Makes Durandal look like a splinter.

I repeat, "We have a Giant Sword wielder, Ike."

How a horseplay style would work is beyond my imagination. Getting knocked back, Special recovery, land on the ground from damage, tech animations and other numerous animations. It's not going to work as well as you think. As FS like a critical, probably. And why another Roy bloodline?

The Ragnell itself is about the same size as both Falchions. Hardly qualifies as "giant". Also, it has no longer range attacks like the original Ragnell did in the games. Also, Aether in Smash doesn't work like in the Tellius games (doesn't slightly heal Ike). The horse would work in a similar fashion as the Wario Bike and Bowser Jr's Clown Car in Kart Mode. I've given plenty of thought about the move set as well as other characters from other series. FS would would have Ninian freeze the opponent and then Eliwood would slash them down with Durandal; it's a reference to the final chapter. Why "another Roy bloodline"? To help offset the blue hair thing going on and because he has potential. I'd love to see a FE villain; heck, more villains in general.

The Ragnell itself is about the same size as both Falchions. Hardly qualifies as "giant". Also, it has no longer range attacks like the original Ragnell did in the games. Also, Aether in Smash doesn't work like in the Tellius games (doesn't slightly heal Ike). The horse would work in a similar fashion as the Wario Bike and Bowser Jr's Clown Car in Kart Mode. The weapon triangle would grant him access to a sword, a lance and an axe; properly blending the skills of both the FE6 and FE7 versions of him while giving him a variety of attack properties. Almost like an expanded version of Peach's Side Smash. I've given plenty of thought about the move set as well as other characters from other series. FS would would have Ninian freeze the opponent and then Eliwood would slash them down with Durandal; it's a reference to the final chapter. Why "another Roy bloodline"? To help offset the blue hair thing going on and because he has potential. I'd love to see a FE villain; heck, more villains in general.