There has to be something Morally Wrong/Odd about siding with Hoshido

UnknownUber

Yeah, that plot point really went unexplored. It would be even more interesting if his fathers crimes were shown as a necessary evil, him persecuting the doomsday cult of obvious evil and the like.

Do we actually know why Nohr wants war though? Is there a confirmed reason for it? I know Nohr doesn't have a lot in terms of food and crops right? I would have assumed it was because citizens struggled to live like this and it couldn't go on for much longer but Garon doesn't seem like the type to care for his people, not really.

Also if Mikoto could come up with plans like that I doubt she would give up a child that could write literally, move mountains, it also leaves the question of how Aqua was raised by Hoshido instead of Nohr.

Well, you never know, really. Although that would seem to me to be something morally right about Nohr, as opposed to something morally wrong about Hoshido.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was my biggest disappointment in Awakening, was the fact that Chrom never had to face up to how evil his father was. Every other game in the series has had great plotlines with that (Eliwood suspecting his father of betrayal, Ike learning the truth about his father) but in Awakening, it was completely left hanging. Gangrel taunts him once, but no one ever actually confronts him about it.

It didn't help that the Grimleal worshiped a dragon out to destroy humanity. And that none of the recruitable Plegians ever really focus on the oppression Chrom's father performed on their kingdom.

Edited by Alazen

It didn't help that the Grimleal worshiped a dragon out to destroy humanity. And that none of the recruitable Plegians ever really focus on the oppression Chrom's father performed on their kingdom.

That's my biggest problem with Awakening, we never get a "normal" Plegian person to really stand up to Chrom. All you get are weirdos like Henry and Tharja (nothing against Henry, I'm sure he'd agree with the description).

Yet it's specifically stated that Chrom's father (I don't think he ever got a name) carried out "purges" against Plegia without provocation, slaughtering thousands of people. I believe Chrom mentions something to the effect of that multiple purges were carried out over a period of years, and that his father's reign was a "dark era" or something like that.

Which then brings the moral question of, is it ok to kill people preemptively? It's an exact analogy to the Inquisitions in Europe, where the Catholic church slaughtered thousands for worshipping a dragon (haha, revelations reference) out to destroy humanity.

I think we all agree on the fact that awakening was supposed to be a sort of, "go out with a bang!" for the series and that they really didn't expect it to sell as many copies as it did so perhaps they didn't focus as much on plot holes as they did in trying to include everything, (marriage, children, einherjar).

To be fair we didn't really get a lot of plegians and with how old Tharja and Henry appear to be they don't look like they experienced this, "dark era," at all, maybe the aftermath but I agree they didn't really talk about how it affected them.

The ironic thing about Awakening is that we hear more about how people from Ylisse hated the previous Exalt than we do about Plegians who hate Ylisse. Gangrel comments on it but he's petty and vindictive. It's clear he just wants to start shit and doesn't need an excuse.

I bet that at least one of us in this thread hit the nail on the head.

I'm more interested to see what the third route has in store than anything else at this point.

What I want to know is why BOTH the Hoshido and Nohr royals have dragon's blood. This can't be a coincidence without them being (a) the same country at one point, then splitting with the royals going on different sides.

And just cause I thought of them, some other theories:

; (b) a political marriage gone wrong in the past and both sides splitting custody of their offspring equally; or © one side origially had the dragon blood's power, but like they're going now, one side kidnapped young-ins to say they were part of their own and keeping their bloodline associated with the family.

Whatever the case, shit happened bewteen the two in the past besides just land and resource disputes.

^ i am not sure if it is confirmed to be the same dragon for each family, it could be two different dragons, but bonus points if the Hoshido dragon is the more evil one. But i do half seriously like the kidnapping idea, gives a reason for the idea of snatching Kaimui/Aqua also baby snatching confirmed to be FE:if's world's official sport.

I bet that at least one of us in this thread hit the nail on the head.

I'm more interested to see what the third route has in store than anything else at this point.

The Third Route has Kamui lead an army against both kingdoms, serving as the champion of the monster faction's leader. Or becomes the monster faction's leader.

Having embraced his draconic side, Kamui's infamy gets him the title of Shadow Dragon.

Edited by Alazen

^ i am not sure if it is confirmed to be the same dragon for each family, it could be two different dragons, but bonus points if the Hoshido dragon is the more evil one. But i do half seriously like the kidnapping idea, gives a reason for the idea of snatching Kaimui/Aqua also baby snatching confirmed to be FE:if's world's official sport.

Still less harmful than American Football.

And less corrupt and more enjoyable that soccer.

On topic, I think the respective Dragon Shrines from the My Castle video gives away were each house gained their Draconic heritage.

Was it ever confirmed if Nohr and Hoshido worship the same dragon or just that they both worship ancient dragons?

And less corrupt and more enjoyable that soccer.

I don't know about you guys but I'm looking forward to the Super World Capture Cup. Hoshido had a really strong start this season and I'm confident the new coach Ryoma will lead them to victory.

Was it ever confirmed if Nohr and Hoshido worship the same dragon or just that they both worship ancient dragons?

Hoshindo's My Castle has a Light Dragon Statue while Nohr has a Dark Dragon Statue, what this means I don't know but that would tend to mean that they venerate two different dragons/tribes of dragons.

I'm hoping that Garon can pull another surprise victory for Nohr like he did a while back, that one came down to the wire.

also baby snatching confirmed to be FE:if's world's official sport.

I don't know about you guys but I'm looking forward to the Super World Capture Cup. Hoshido had a really strong start this season and I'm confident the new coach Ryoma will lead them to victory.

You guys are incredible.

I hope it's not as unbelievable as Plegia was with the dark dragon worshipping. As in I hope there's a good reason for following one instead of the other, Grima literally ate your soul if you were a follower then he tried to end the world.

Also if Hoshido and Nohr were the same country, it makes me wonder where Aqua got her magic singing voice from, does it run in the family? Was it passed down from a dragon? did she take lessons? I want a magically soothing voice too

I have two theories for this:

1.Mikoto kidnapped Aqua and made a deal with Garon he would kill her husband (because she wanted the throne herself) in an "accident" when he got to Norh to discuss the terms to give the girl back but didn't expect that Kamui would tag along and ended up raised by Garon so she cut comercial routes between the countries leaving Norh in despair;

2.Mikoto is a vengeful widow that after the dead of her husband and kidnapping of her third child (who could have also been killed) she out of spite kidnapped Aqua and cut comunications between the countries due to pain she was feeling.

I kinda of like the second one more than the first one it's more I dunno it just makes more sense in my head anyway.

Hold up, I know we have some strange floating islands in the game, but what evidence is there that Hoshido's capital is on one of them? I kind of assumed that was going to be more of a late game thing that happens as opposed to the land just being like that from the start, but I really dig the idea of Hoshido possessing stolen turf from Nohr. That's a really good explanation for the Nohr capital being in a massive hole.

And I'm all for the idea that you'll have to usurp Garon if you go with Nohr. This is mostly just wishful thinking, but something I would be really interesting in seeing is if you ended up pulling something like that to try and put a halt to Nohr's invasion, but then when you try and negotiate with Hoshido to stop the war, they refuse. Something like the situation's gone too far by then and they're not willing to simply stop at that point. Maybe even that they want to crush Nohr once and for all so they won't be threatened again.

Aside from that, if Mikoto's not going to end up being the perfectly moral queen character like people are saying(and as I hope as well), I'd like to see her being the type of person willing to get blood on her hands for what she believes is best for her country. So not so much that she's secretly straight up evil or that she does bad things for selfish reasons, but more like she uses questionable means that she believes will best lead to peace. In other words, I'd rather she be a well intentioned extremist as opposed to just a surprise evil queen.

My own take on the potential "she killed her husband to get the throne" scenario is that maybe he was actually looking to incite a war with Nohr himself or was up to some sort of thing that she believed was wrong. She had him killed to prevent whatever is was from happening then proceeded to take his place to do things her way. Something along those lines.

1433315553966.jpg

Here is the map. Nohr in the West and Hoshido in the East. There are two significant cities in the North-east, one of which is probably the Hoshido capital. It could be the large floating island or it could be the city right outside the wall.

I'm more in favor of Luun's idea of Mikoto being a well-intentioned extremist. Ruthless, perhaps, but she acts in the best interest of her country (like Micaiah but this time not forced to carry an Idiot Ball). I don't like the "secretly evil" twist because it seems like it would only exist to subvert our expectations of her being good.

We don't really know enough to give a for sure answer but I'm assuming that the south is actually a sea? There's much less detail on it than the land part of the map. As for the ice map that we saw, do we know which path its for? Because if it isn't Nohr's map, that could imply that you won't travel a lot in the Nohr route and if it was part of the Hoshido route perhaps it's location can hint at when it comes up in the game? I'm thinking the first quarter if it's in that big mountain range through the middle?

Now that I think about it having a slow reveal of how Mikoto rules the country would be good. Occasionally you could see her say or do questionable things and confront her later in the game? Maybe if in the Hoshido route, Nohr tries to surrender but she won't allow it saying it would be too dangerous to allow them to live? And Mikoto could be making really tough decisions as well to have us as the player question if what she's doing is worth the end goal. I don't really have any ideas at the top of my head for tough situations like that though.

Edited by chihiroos

1433315553966.jpg

Here is the map. Nohr in the West and Hoshido in the East. There are two significant cities in the North-east, one of which is probably the Hoshido capital. It could be the large floating island or it could be the city right outside the wall.

Hmmm, alright. Something that strikes me as a little odd however is that if those patterned lines are supposed to walls, why would the capital of Hoshido be walled off from the rest of the country like that? I mean, large cities often have walls to protect them, yeah, but the only other place on the map that has a line like that is what appears to be the border between Hoshido and Nohr. It looks to be more of an isolated area to me, but if we're going on the assumption that the land was stolen from Nohr, I suppose whether it's Hoshido's capital or not is irrelevant as long as it's there.

That does make me curious as to why it would be sectioned off though. Perhaps it's dangerous? Maybe those masked creatures live there or something.

As for the ice area, if you look below Nohr's forest and just to the left of (again what I'm assuming is) the Nohr-Hoshido border there is what looks to be a cluster of crystals at the center of a small range of mountains. I'm guessing those are the ice crystals that appeared in the snowy areas, but the image is a little too small to say for certain.

Hoshido is the Manster District to Nohr's Thracia.

Sumeragi and Mikoto have both thrown Hoshido's agricultural weight around. Sumeragi also ordered border raids and was a pain to Hoshido's allies.

Edited by Alazen

Pokemon BW x Fire Emblem

It all makes sense now

No really, fuse the legend of two feuding dragons+heroes.

With the premise of If.

So a long time ago Hoshidoancestor and Nohrancestor were manaketes

they feuded

In their anger they split from eachother, Nohr being truth and Hoshido ideals

Eventually the countries Hoshy and Nohr form, each stsnding for their own ideals

Garon is a realistic Walhartlike man

Mikoto is well intentioned but misguided

I can't bother 2 eloborate, but u get the gist.

The dragons of Reshiram and Zekrom.

Fire Emblem Hoshido 2/Nohr 2 comfirmed where you can fuse/be/summon/catch/waifu Kyurem.