Do you do Contests?

Elieson

I personally don't; i find them too unrelated to the story and general ideas of Pokémon. I might attribute it to being a fan from the olden days, when contests didn't exist, but I just don't really see the benefit to them? Either I'm missing something or I'm just not interested at all.

Sadly, I always end up doing contests and musicals at some point in my adventures. I thought it was kinda fun since it felt like a party game. It did annoy me how you have to feed your pokemon junk to make them prettier or cooler but apart from that, I thought it was fun. In the end, I did get healing items from fans and in the newest game, a mega stone so all the work paid off.

The musicals from Black and White were awful though but I got all the decorations in the game... maybe I'm just easily amused.

At least I got a star on my trainer card!

Don't do musicals...

I'd take the Gamer Corner over the contests any day but I don't think Game Freak is gonna bring it back. *sigh*

I personally don't; i find them too unrelated to the story and general ideas of Pokémon. I might attribute it to being a fan from the olden days, when contests didn't exist, but I just don't really see the benefit to them? Either I'm missing something or I'm just not interested at all.

but the notvocaloid girl maaaang

I find em amusing and with multiple players it becomes a strategy game of such.

I dno why I find them so appealing but I do, its a nice add on. I just wish we'd get something like Sinnohs underground back.

I dunno, the ribbons kinda amuse me. Kinda like achieving something unnecessary to beat the game.

I also only really do them alone so...

I kinda wish the dress-up feature returned from gen 4.

I did contests in Sinnoh. I thought they were fun. I was never interested in doing them in Hoenn though. Dunno why, really.

Same here, G4 was the only time where I ever really did anything with them.

I went and got the Master ribbons for two of the categories back in Ruby, I still do contests in Pearl, Platinum and Omega Ruby.

Now, Pokelathon, I love me some Pokelathon.

I don't bother with contests in Gen. 3 and Gen. 4. For Pokemon ORAS, I actually did bother trying so I can get Cosplay Pikachu (actually used her as part of my main team in OR). There's also the incentive of getting a Lucarionite from completing contests in ORAS as well if you can't be bothered to get that Mega Stone from somebody else or from XY.

I lazily did contests in Gen 3 and 4 just by entering the Pokémon that were in my team without changing moves or anything, but never really got too far. I figured with ORAS that I'd be serious about it and actually train up a Pokémon to beat the master rank, so I had a friend breed me a Feebas, shoved it full of Pokéblocks until it evolved, picked up a good movepool, then beat all the ranks in my first try. I'm not sure if it's just because I was actually serious this time or what, but ORAS contests felt MUCH easier to me than the previous gens.

• 3 weeks later...