I'm going to make a votal bot

Makaze

15 members have voted

1. 1. Interested?

• Yes, and I will use it
    • Yes, and I want my host(s) to use it
    • No

You are only active in the most recently visited page. That has no effect on the script? It will run as long as the tab is open.

Edited by Makaze

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK cool

The site I run has a session state management system that prevents users from being able to enter multiple different sections of the program simultaneously, to prevent accidental overwriting or timeout issues

Too much effort. The date picker with a time dropdown is more convenient for me and users alike.

yeah but I don't see a date picker with time dropdown, just a text box that gets fed to a regex

at least, I assume it's a regex; you might just be parsing it manually

yeah but I don't see a date picker with time dropdown, just a text box that gets fed to a regex

at least, I assume it's a regex; you might just be parsing it manually

I plan to have two fields. One for date and one with times divided by half-hours. Entering dates in the format "04/22/2015 10:30 AM" parses as intended, so that's what I'll do.

Prototype 0.0.5 (Votals only)

Are you working on how to incorporate role stuff like mayor and hated/loved?

Implemented.

Please change the Date selection format. I tried to modify the date and didn't realize how picky it is, spelling out Thursday instead of Thu was a surprise.

If you can, create a calendar with a clickable date, and a Clock with an insertable time that defaults to the current time. The way it is right now is a bit too sensitive

Implemented.

I may make it take up the whole page when it's playing and take over the tab name just so you don't get it mixed up with others.

Implemented.

c6dc1108c4.png

Will 0.0.8 display this differently, to indicate the correct method(s) of entry?

Nevermind, it autocorrect for you

Edited by Sara.

Makaze, while the bot is still in beta, make it add a signature or something that shows the votals are bot created.

Everyone who's using the beta version should still make normal votals alongside the bot created ones.

Probably title it "AutoVotals" or something

911055f6ef.png

Have it show as <Phase Name>: Automated Votals from #<Starting Post> to #<Previous Post>

@Kaoz, With how it's functioning now, I'm going through votes by hand to confirm that they're proper, and I can easily edit the post as I jump back. For players using #Votal, we'll see how that operates, but players should be able to assume that if a host posts votals and doesn't edit them out, then they're trustworthy.

Edited by Sara.

If autogenerated votals by SB are incorrect I'll just say "Ignore that post, these are correct" and post em

As for me not being around and them being incorrect, identifying them as "Automated Votals" will let users know that they weren't created by hand and IMO it stands out more than a signature.