Project X Zone 2. It's out everywhere now.

Jedi

This game is actually on my radar now.

Also, this "Seven" stuff is kind of dumb now. The game has been out for what, 6 years? It's not like putting "Seven" in this topic title is going to help anyone considering no one will have any clue that it's Xenoblade spoilers.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is actually on my radar now.

Also, this "Seven" stuff is kind of dumb now. The game has been out for what, 6 years? It's not like putting "Seven" in this topic title is going to help anyone considering no one will have any clue that it's Xenoblade spoilers.

It's just a general rule of thumb that I've always been put under since I've played Xenoblade, any other player has usually told me to be hush hush and call her Seven, no matter how much time passes.

Shall I edit the title?

Edited by Jedi

It's just a general rule of thumb that I've always been put under since I've played Xenoblade, any other player has usually told me to be hush hush and call her Seven, no matter how much time passes.

Shall I edit the title?

But it's like:

>Unsuspecting user sees thread title, wonders who "Seven" is.

>Sees video to find out (and also because this is a Fire Emblem forum and they want to see Chrom and Lucina).

>Welp.

Honestly, just putting her name would probably be less likely to spoil anyone since they might recognize the name and not bother seeing her part in the video. Like, does anyone who hasn't played the game know what "Seven" is supposed to refer to? It's kind of useless.

You can edit the title if you want.

Oh oh oh oh what is this. This thing has just caught my attention with FIORRAAAAAAAAA

Gonna get more info about it, jumping into something new should be interesting! Is this for 4ds or wii u?

Edit: ...

> developped by Monolith Soft...

I+see+what+you+did+there+_ba61996162a217

Edited by Quintessence

I know Xenoblade is like 5/6 years old by now but that doesn't make some spoilers less salty when read.

Also I don't think many people played it before the Smash Boom (not sure), and a lot want to play it or are playing it (since it came out for New 3DS earlier this year and it came out on the Wii U virtual console), so I think keeping it quiet is better. I myself have still to finish it and I cringe when people think they're funny and purposely post spoilers out in the open.

Anyway

I'm not very interested in this game, which is weird because I enjoy plenty of franchises from all these companies, and I love what I played from Monolith Soft.

Still, it's very funky how Ulala is there on the cover.

What puzzles me is that they chose Seven over Shulk. He would definitely move some copies, IMO.

If they put in Batsu+Kyosuke and Masamune+Yukimura and I might consider purchasing this.

So let me get this straight KOS-MOS is returning and chrom and lucina are going to be joining PX2 , someone pinch me I must be dreaming :D ( Also whats Xenoblade Chronicles ? Is it some new rpg or something)

Edited by ChloeC01

So let me get this straight KOS-MOS is returning and chrom and lucina are going to be joining PX2 , someone pinch me I must be dreaming :D ( Also whats Xenoblade Chronicles ? Is it some new rpg or something)

It's an action RPG from 2012 made by the same people who made Xenogears and Xenosaga for the Wii, and it also got a remake recently for the New 3DS. It's the game Shulk comes from.

It's an action RPG from 2012 made by the same people who made Xenogears and Xenosaga for the Wii, and it also got a remake recently for the New 3DS. It's the game Shulk comes from.

Thanks for telling me, I was wondering where shull came from.

I know Xenoblade is like 5/6 years old by now but that doesn't make some spoilers less salty when read.

Also I don't think many people played it before the Smash Boom (not sure), and a lot want to play it or are playing it (since it came out for New 3DS earlier this year and it came out on the Wii U virtual console), so I think keeping it quiet is better. I myself have still to finish it and I cringe when people think they're funny and purposely post spoilers out in the open.

Now you know how posting on SF while trying to avoid FE14 spoilers feels like.

Edited by Jave

2010 actually. Xenoblade was released in 2010 in Japan.

If Nintendo explicitly showed Fiora in that way and Lucina (instead of Masked Marth) in Smash, I guess there's no problem on spoilers

I think it is worth mentioning also that Xenoblade came to America, pressumably, due to Operation Rainfall, along with The Last Story and Pandora's Tower. Three awesome games.

Edit: also, why do people call her Seven?

Edited by Quintessence

If Nintendo explicitly showed Fiora in that way and Lucina (instead of Masked Marth) in Smash, I guess there's no problem on spoilers

I think it is worth mentioning also that Xenoblade came to America, pressumably, due to Operation Rainfall, along with The Last Story and Pandora's Tower. Three awesome games.

I don't know the full story, but presumably, it's because on the save screen, it shows all the recruited characters, and when you have all the others, there is still space for one more character (for a total of 7). Since she has such a massive spoiler attached to her, they started calling her Seven to avoid spoiling anything.

Well, people can now call her the Lucky Seven!

Makes me wonder if there will be any additions of Nintendo or FE or XC characters! Wow, getting in instead of Mario, Link, Pokemon or the likes surprise me (I'm ignorant about the game's concept tbh so correct me if I'm wrong). Who will be next? Shulk and Melia?

I don't know the full story, but presumably, it's because on the save screen, it shows all the recruited characters, and when you have all the others, there is still space for one more character (for a total of 7). Since she has such a massive spoiler attached to her, they started calling her Seven to avoid spoiling anything.

Ayup.

Anyway.... was Estelle really confirmed to be a solo unit this time?

We haven't seen her yet, to my knowledge.

Okay then.

I know there'll be spoilers for most of the series and games represented in this game, but Xenoblade aside, will the spoilers include anything major, like was the case with Shining Force EXA? And will KOS-MOS "nya" again?

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Precisely to avoid spoiling the game. By acknowledging that there is a seventh party member, but not revealing the character's gender, motivation, or anything that would ruin the big twist of the first half, veterans can mention things like builds, arts(abilities), or interactions on the affinity chart in passing without worry of a newcomer having their fresh experience ruined.

...Of course that was rendered pretty damn moot when they included a trophy of Seven in Sm4sh, so I guess it's still considered a common courtesy even if the information is readily available from Nintendo itself.

This game sounds interesting. Any chance there's a demo in the eshop?

There IS a demo for the first one, not the second. Although it seems the second is using the firsts mechanics for the most part so it'll give you a feel.

Precisely to avoid spoiling the game. By acknowledging that there is a seventh party member, but not revealing the character's gender, motivation, or anything that would ruin the big twist of the first half, veterans can mention things like builds, arts(abilities), or interactions on the affinity chart in passing without worry of a newcomer having their fresh experience ruined.

...Of course that was rendered pretty damn moot when they included a trophy of Seven in Sm4sh, so I guess it's still considered a common courtesy even if the information is readily available from Nintendo itself.

Nah, it's pointless to keep using the Seven monicker. Sites are reporting the news and referring to the character as Fiora even in the titles of the articles.

Not that it was ever a big deal. The Fiora thing is not even Xenoblade's biggest spoiler.

Nah, it's pointless to keep using the Seven monicker. Sites are reporting the news and referring to the character as Fiora even in the titles of the articles.

Not that it was ever a big deal. The Fiora thing is not even Xenoblade's biggest spoiler.

I have a friend in Xenoblade fandom and those people get pretty salty with people throwing spoilers around, even minor ones.

...I think that speaks for itself really. And while it not be the biggest spoiler in Xenoblade, it's certainly one that shakes up the characters (and the player) and the perceptions of their actions.

This game sounds interesting. Any chance there's a demo in the eshop?

There IS a demo for the first one, not the second. Although it seems the second is using the firsts mechanics for the most part so it'll give you a feel.

There isn't a demo on the e-shop; there are two demos on the e-shop.

Basically, I found myself confused by it when I played, but found the actual "wailing on the opponent" to be pretty easy; unfortunately, a lot of enemies are HP sponges.

It seems my complaints are the main ones about the game (simple combat combined with HP sponge enemies makes it really overstay it's welcome), and the devs acknowledged them and said they would try and fix them in the sequel, so there's still hope. I'll still wait for reviews, though.