Project X Zone 2. It's out everywhere now.

Jedi

Well Hyrule Warriors did have a fairy speak for Link. Its not totally farfetched.

But yeah we are not likely to see the Mascot like characters at all sadly. So my hopes of Sonic and Zero being in the same game are still pretty much 0.

Still hoping for Gilius Thunderhead though, I mean I got a Streets of Rage character so why not Golden Axe.

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, what is project X zone anyway, I only knew about this from the topic that got locked, lol.

It's a Sega, Namco, Capcom strategy RPG crossover also a sequel to the old Namco x Capcom for the PS2. It uses an interesting combo system and every "unit" is a pair of 2 people who can be from the same series/company or a mixture they can also be equipped with a "solo unit" to further add to their set of abilities, the first game came out in 2013.

Fast forward to now, we have returning characters from the first one, new people, and now Nintendo has thrown their hat into the ring. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_X_Zone_2

Edited by Jedi

So just to highlight the strangeness of this games set of characters allow me to list the series that appear in this game so far.

Capcom

Resident Evil

Street Fighter

Megaman X

Devil May Cry

Darkstalkers

Captain Commando

Ace Attorney

Star Gladiator

Strider

Namco

Tekken
.hack

Tales Of

God Eater

Namco X Capcom Originals

Xenosaga

Soul Calibur

Summon Night

Valkyrie no Bōken: Toki no Kagi Densetsu

Sega

Virtua Fighter

Sakura Wars

Yakuza

Resonance of Fate

Shinobi

Streets of Rage

Nightshade

Space Channel 5

SEGATA SANSHIRO

Nintendo

Fire Emblem

Xenoblade

Edited by Jedi

Shinobi

Gotta emphasize that the Shinobi listed is the PS2 one.

Hotsuma is not Joe Musashi like in the classic games or the two Super Shinobi games (Revenge of Shinobi and Shinobi III).

Also I now have the mental image of the camera panning to Robin on the ground due to an attack from Juri. Chrom and Lucina come in to save him.

"I guess I'll get my chance...another day..."

Who is KOS-MOS?

A very important character to the Xenosaga games, which predate Xenoblade Chronicles. Still made by Monolith Soft, but this was before they became second-party to Nintendo. This was when they were with Namco, IIRC.

Normally, KOS-MOS is seen with another from the same series: T-elos. I guess T-elos is either paired with someone else or a solo unit as they seem to be doing with some of the former paired units (Estelle, Pai and Leanne come to mind).

Anyway, Chrom and Lucina were, as much as I hate to admit it, the logical choices for FE reps. Unlike Smash, Project X Zone is definitely made with Japan in mind first. The first game almost didn't make it internationally and Namco x Capcom definitely never made it. Ike or Marth as Solo units wouldn't surprise me the least though. Anyone else from FE would be highly unlikely.

Also, don't expect Pokemon or anything like that. Sonic was considered for PxZ1, but they wanted to go with humans, or human-like characters.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

WHAT THE FUCK

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN

I mean, it's great to see this happen, but HOW WHEN WHAT

also Jedi, you forgot SEGATA SANSHIRO in that list

MY BAD, I will fix that right away.

Also do we have any translators in the building?

6pkl6R7.jpg

i24jMG7.jpg

sB3ixMS.jpg

9q6d7f3.jpg

I'm surprised Shulk isn't in.Maybe he'll be a solo,so Fiora can take the spotlight again.

I woulda expected Fiora to be paired up with Shulk, not KOS-MOS.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Yeah it looks like the field near the first town, also we have Risen and Mechon as enemies.

Also if Shulk appears he has a number of other party members he can team with if he isn't solo.

Looks like the field Robin was found in to me.

That woulda been my second guess.

Yeah it looks like the field near the first town, also we have Risen and Mechon as enemies.

Also if Shulk appears he has a number of other party members he can team with if he isn't solo.

I did see one of those Faces you run into in the Central Factory and Agniratha in that video...

Edited by Levant Colthearts

I'm surprised Shulk isn't in.Maybe he'll be a solo,so Fiora can take the spotlight again.

The video shows a location from Xenoblade and Mechon enemies, so Xenoblade (and Awakening) don't seem to be just cameo appearances with no plot of their own. Considering that, I think it's pretty likely Shulk will be there. Either in some crossover pair or as a solo unit.

Edited by NeonZ

Yeah, the trailer had the Fallen Arm and an MP Xord-style Face.

I'm thinking Shulk or Dunban will be a solo unit.

Or they could be paired together. The first game had pairings like Chun-Li/Morrigan; Kos-Mos/Fiora isn't much different.