Project X Zone 2. It's out everywhere now.

Jedi

The remix of Conquest is here, the video showing off all the moves edited in tracks, so we couldn't properly hear the ost. Heres the playlist

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpeu5UWssrIcOE-3m9Wf74Je7JzMoH7Q0

Editing a spoiler tracklist into this post momentarily, also note all of these are new remixes, not sure if this is the full ost yet but here we go

Brave New World

Objection! 2001

Arisu in Fluxtown

Funk goes on

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Opening

Rising Stage

Burning

Kazuma Kiryu Battle Theme

Everything is Within Battle

Title Screen - New World Project

Ride on Sea

Feast of the Damned

Evil Profusion

Jin Kazama

Deserted Chateau

You Will Know Our Names

Because It's the Right Path

Distant Day's Promise
The Gate of Resolved Fates
Ship Battle
Accelerating Chaos
Pressing Pursuit ~ Cornered

Chizuru Urashima's Theme

Megaman X3 Opening Stage
Main Menu
Engage The Enemy

Sekai wa Hitotsu no Butai / All the World's a Stage (Game ver.)
Title Call
Stairs of Time
Fury Sparks
X4 - Opening Stage Zero
Shenmue - Main Theme
Volcanic Rim Stage -Oceania-
Ai ga tari nai ze
No Way Back
Faster Than a Howling Wind
Gentle Hands
F.A.T.E
Chijou no Senshi
Furnace of War

Raid!
Go Straight
Vengeful Beauty
Mihata No Moto ni
She's coming back
Irruption
Ride the Tiger
Geki! Teikoku Kagekidan - Sakura Wars Opening
Patience

The Beginning of Eternity
Main Theme - Adventure of Valkyrie

Against the Absolute
Sega Saturn Shiro!
Tear Drop
Theme of Ryu - SFIV

Vergil Battle 3
Itsuka kitto, Tsuki no Shita de

Conquest -Ablaze-
STAGE 1 (City)

Ring a Bell
Felica Stage (U.S.A)
Ultra Violet - Nelo Angelo Battle
Taiyou ga Yonderiu
Divine Decree -Ablaze-
Seek no Escape
The Trail to Victory
Resident Evil 6 - Main Theme
Mexican Flyer
-More to come-

Also Divine Decree

Edited by Jedi

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK SMALL BUMP.

Project X Zone 2 has an Eshop demo currently.

Sadly I cannot play the game as my L button is broken still...

I don't think you NEED the L button for the demo. IIRC it does the solo unit's attack for a three unit. You should get an hour's worth of entertainment without even using that attack.

I didn't check our PxZ1, but 2 has Phoenix and Maya, Fiora, KOS-MOS, Chrom, and Lucina. I think I'll probably pick it up.

Shame that there's no English dub though. Carina Reeves said in an interview that she'd love to be Fiora here.

I don't think you NEED the L button for the demo. IIRC it does the solo unit's attack for a three unit. You should get an hour's worth of entertainment without even using that attack.

Its still pretty key if I want the maximum experience points and stuff, but I guess that doesn't mean as much in the demo.

I am playing the demo right now and I am very happy so far. I'm only on the second stage and already I can see a bunch of improvements. The report:

PXZ2 changes from a system based on speed where the fastest units on both sides go first and awkward movement, to FE-style turns with not-awkward movement(though the cursor moves way too slow without holding the Y button).

Speaking of FE-style, there's a prep screen now that lets you move around unit starting positions.

Also as briefly shown in one of the trailers, there's a shop between chapters from where you can buy items and equipment, so you don't have to rely solely on enemy drops and chests.

Basically it seems to be a better game, though I guess we'll have to wait and see if it improves from the highly repetitive nature of the last game.

Edited by DavidSW

When the Obejction! ~ 2001 kicked in I had such a rush of nostalgia.

Absolutely agree with the above, the previous games had some very odd design choices but the changes make it much more enjoyable so far.

So after playing the demo of PXZ2, it looks like they improved on what people found tedious in 1 so far, and made the attack timings harder, but the enemies have less HP as well
very solid demo, there is a player phase and enemy phase, etc.

the demos team is pretty nuts

Reiji/Xiaomu (The MC's of the Namco x Capcom stuff and this game)
Chris & Jill
The Yakuza guys
Jin & Kazuya
Demitri & Morrigan
With the 2 solo units of Phoenix & Maya and Heiachi

I haven't played project x zone before but with the squeal coming out soon is it worth me playing the first one?

PXZ is really more about fanservice than having a deep plot, you should be fine diving into this one.

• 2 weeks later...

It does connect to Namco x Capcom, if you really want to know the origins of Reiji & Xiaomu though.

But anyways the game is out in all places as of today. I dno if I'll be able to get it for awhile because my L button is busted.

Well I've been curious about this game for a while.... so for whoever played it I will simply ask.... is it fun ? is the story actually good this time ?

From the Demo I've played, I can say they improved the gameplay quite a bit, and enemies aren't nearly as tanky, but it would probably be better if Breezy or eclipse (two people who I know for sure have it already) talked about it.

Also I didn't really have an issue with PXZ1's story considering, it was a major crossover and they had tons of shoutouts to source material and just had fun, and thats what crossovers are more about then having the best plot ever.

Crossovers are never going to be about plot, its about the zaniness of all the things crossing over into one mass of awesomeness and fighting a league of opponents, snarking and referencing source material and making Crossover friendships.

Most of the little plot anyways is more connected to the OC's and it worked imo.

Edited by Jedi

So I played about 2 hours in and here are the things I noticed while playing.

- Turns are now based on player and enemy phase like in Fire Emblem or other tactic RPGs instead of shuffle which makes the pacing much better in that regard.

- Counters are actually useful this time. I can actually kill enemies with counter unlike in the first game where I usually do 1/5 hp damage.

- Enemies are much easier to kill and they aren't tanks.

- Positioning actually matters now. Depending on where you face the enemies actually affects the damage output of your attacks. If you're in front of the enemy, you do normal damage, if you're facing the side of the enemy, you do more damage and if you're behind the enemy, you do the most damage.

Only could play the prolog chapters yet.

However I can already say that I like the game improvements (separated in player and enemy phase, spaces which affect you, introduction of FP, attack position affects the damage output) and the fact that the game is located in my language unlike the prequel.

The new FP stat confused me a little bit in the beginning.

I've one question:

Whenever the XP reached 100%, it automatically felt down to 0, although I didn't press "Y" for the special attack.

Is that usual or I did activate sth. else accidently?

Edited by Juicy Jules

I've one question:

Whenever the XP reached 100%, it automatically felt down to 0, although I didn't press "Y" for the special attack.

Is that usual or I did activate sth. else accidently?

There's two ways that I can think of:

- You used a multi-attack

- You nullified damage, twice

Now, back to my impressions. . .

- The critical window is ever-so-slightly more generous, but in turn, lighter enemies are really REALLY hard to crit, because they bounce all over the place

- Don't like the new intermission interface, because I'm having a hell of a time finding the info I need (like "what the hell does this skill do" sort of deal)

- The Crosspedia is really well-done, and documents both flavor and mechanics (even if the latter provides the info you want in a really weird section)

- The shop is a really good addition, and I use items like crazy

- Still need to get accustomed to the stat/customization systems, and how much they affect game flow

- The story is all over the place during the Prologue, but it slowly shapes up as the game goes on (just finished Chapter 11)

Once I get a better idea of how the numbers work, I'll see if I can pull some crazy LTC of this game.

And now for actual specifics. . .

- I still wish someone would boot Natsu and put Taki in. . .

- The localization team had a lot of fun with Sheath. . .and props to them for capturing her really weird speech

- Saya's a lot better this time around, as a character

- Chris and Jill as support is fast becoming one of my favorite things, because of their guard crush

- I can't figure out why KOS-MOS and Fiora have reduced movement - at least Chris and Jill have extra range to compensate!

- Akira and Kage look to be the damage dealers of the team, assuming I can time my criticals right (no I'm not Mirage Canceling, I need my XP meter)

- Strider and Hotsuma are carrying the team, along with Kite and Haseo. In the former's case, the extra movement helps. In the latter's case. . .it's Kite, and I've got a giant soft spot for him.

- Megaman and X's super is underwhelming. I think I'm missing something, because the damage output shouldn't be that bad!

- Reiji and Xiaomu feel a bit weaker. . .but they were broken as hell in the last game. . .

- You used a multi-attack

Sorry, myq uestion was't clear enough.

It happens during the battles, so it's not a multi attack.

Honestly Idk what the second thing exactly is. Is this a mechanic you can activate during the battles? Can't remember on this from the prequel.

When 100% XP is reached, it falls down to 0, although I don't do anything special.

(Maybe it's scripted, because you're unable to use single special attacks in the prolog?)

Well there's a mechanic that if you press 'B' it uses 100% XP to like cancel one attack and you can immediately use another

I dunno havent used it

ANYWAY I'm in the middle of chapter 8 and impressions time

First off the game teases me with a Sakura Wars Prologue right away ;__;

Then they put Alisa in the 4th ;__;

In terms of characters I don't know that seem cool:

The ninjas are pretty badass honestly. Until I get others Strider/Hotsuma are favoritism

The dialogue is honestly great I've laughed quite a bit at all the localization changes and such. I love all the references and stuff

New FE based turns are great and now I can choose when my people go which is nice

I've noticed that while enemies are weaker, they load the bosses on you. Like Chapter 4 you have 3 to deal with already.

Also fuck Metal Face he almost killed Resident Duo.

Also custimization is weird I keep forgetting to do that.

Shop is really nice for healing items

Overall def. better that the first game IMO

Well there's a mechanic that if you press 'B' it uses 100% XP to like cancel one attack and you can immediately use another

I dunno havent used it

Then this mechanic reduces my XP apparently.

Must be a new.

After playing a few chapters I've noticed that the bosses seem to be tougher.

They have more HP and hit harder.

The Red Hiding Hood in chapter four had already >10000 HP and almost oneshotted one of my units.

Well im glad the game is better then, if I ever get able to, I might get the game.... and hope I know any character from it... thats kinda of a problem with me and most Cross overs, I usually dont know much of the chars... and the story... well its understandable, I just felt like the first one felt more likes a fanfic then anything

For those curious, the timeline goes as such.

Namco x Capcom -> SRW Endless Frontier -> SRW Endless Frontier EXCEED -> Project X Zone -> Project X Zone 2.

The SRW games mentioned are tied to it due to Reiji, Xiaomu, Saya, Dokugozu, Dokumezu, KOS-MOS and T-elos showing up. And then Haken and Kaguya show up in PXZ1 (Where they also meet Sanger lol).