Project X Zone 2. It's out everywhere now.

Jedi

They probably wanted to keep representation equal. Even street fighter didn't get that many characters. I like that they gave more obscure characters a chance to shine. Hopefully this one actually has a good story.

To be fair with the huge crossing over of worlds I think they did the best they could while also giving everyone some spotlight at points.

Also you say equal, yet the amount of stuff Sakura Wars got is a bit surprising, then again it was HUGE in Japan. There was even a Sakura Wars themed theater and bar for awhile in Japan. I'm surprised we didn't have any Phantasy Star characters, or Soul Calibur going to Namco for a second considering well Siegfried was in Namco x Capcom, you know the game that storywise takes place before this one.

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is she some kind of parallel Sanger by chance because she also claims her sword is the one that cleaves evil (with cleavage I may add)

Kinda yeah, I personally believe she's also supposed to be a weird mix of Kyosuke Nanbu(Her namesake, and the two-tone hair), Excellen Browning(basically her entire physical apperance), and Sanger(The sword that cleaves evil)

Kinda yeah, I personally believe she's also supposed to be a weird mix of Kyosuke Nanbu(Her namesake, and the two-tone hair), Excellen Browning(basically her entire physical apperance), and Sanger(The sword that cleaves evil)

But Excellen was charming and quirky. Not really sexualized that much she was just a HUGE FLIRT for lols. :P

pointing out that your parody of something is in fact that thing straight-faced still makes that thing pretty straight-faced, dude. this doesn't salvage anything, she's still disgustingly blatant fanservice no matter how many nudges the devs give that they're wise to their own tricks.

I was agreeing. Just saying I'm not AS bothered by it since there is some sense of self awareness.

To be fair with the huge crossing over of worlds I think they did the best they could while also giving everyone some spotlight at points.

Also you say equal, yet the amount of stuff Sakura Wars got is a bit surprising, then again it was HUGE in Japan. There was even a Sakura Wars themed theater and bar for awhile in Japan. I'm surprised we didn't have any Phantasy Star characters, or Soul Calibur going to Namco for a second considering well Siegfried was in Namco x Capcom, you know the game that storywise takes place before this one.

I believe Mitsurugi was in NxC and so was the Soul Edge, but I don't think Siegfried was there.

She's one big reference, but I don't think she acts like Excellen. She was flirtatious and Kaguya's shy. Haken is more like Excellen for plot reasons.

I believe Mitsurugi was in NxC and so was the Soul Edge, but I don't think Siegfried was there.

WHOOPS, that just shows its been far too long.

Taki was in NxC too.

I remember that, its partly why I'm questioning Natsu other then the fact she's just a poor stand in.

Hell yeah. Just finished EF Exceed recently and I want them in it so bad. They are basically the basis of every PxZ character since they were the only pair unit. Something something Soulgain is OP as shit.

Haha, yeah. Soulgain was so good in 2nd OGs, I didn't have any trouble making Axel my top ace.

But Excellen was charming and quirky. Not really sexualized that much she was just a HUGE FLIRT for lols. :P

She's one big reference, but I don't think she acts like Excellen. She was flirtatious and Kaguya's shy. Haken is more like Excellen for plot reasons.

True you guys, but I said appearance wise

I don't even get much of a resemblance, other then possibly their busts :P:

Also I'm still waiting on new news, kinda hoping we get some Phantasy Star or Golden Axe.

Haha, yeah. Soulgain was so good in 2nd OGs, I didn't have any trouble making Axel my top ace.

"Why wasn't Axel playable in more games? Why didn't he join earlier?"

*Code Kirin*

*Axel does like 1 bazillion damage*

"... Oh."

I don't even get much of a resemblance, other then possibly their busts :P:

Also I'm still waiting on new news, kinda hoping we get some Phantasy Star or Golden Axe.

Phantasy Star would blend well with .Hack. Maybe there would be a virtual world segment? PxZ did it but PxZ's story was lame. Maybe it will be better implemented. Skeith attacking the Cyber world?

Speaking of Cyber World, imagine Battle Network MM here :P:

I meant older Phantasy Star, Which was Sci-Fi Fantasy :P

Not much cyber space in it. Not Online, which I wish hadn't taken over the franchise.

Edited by Jedi

• 2 weeks later...

I know PxZ is fanservice-y, but WTF did they do to Alisa?!

They used her outfit from God Eater 2 for consistency's sake

Like they already have the GE2 pair so having her in her GE2 outfit would make the most sense

Well, with Hotsuma in, Hibana was just a matter of time, really.

Still good to know she's there as well.

Now just waiting for Moritsune and/or Hiruko

Nightshade looks like a very cool game, would you recommend it?

Very much so, but I'd play the 2002 Shinobi game first, since it's the prequel and iirc, Nightshade has tighter controls.

Edited by Soledai

Very much so, but I'd play the 2002 Shinobi game first, since it's the prequel and iirc, Nightshade has tighter controls.

Alright, I haven't played Shinobi since the days of the Genesis so ^^ haha.

Uh, what is NIghtshade for?

And it's related to Shinobi? Now that's a game franchise I haven't played since the Genesis...

Edited by Levant Colthearts