So even before details of the game is talked about - DLC is announced?

HeartTranquil

Are you on crack? Amiibos are an excellent way to do DLC with how popular they are. They are money-making machines for Nintendo right now. Also, the FE Amiibos are getting restocked. Not just Marth, but Ike too. And I imagine that Robin and Lucina will follow suit.

Also, you forget about the future existence of Amiibo cards. I still don't like the idea of Amiibo cards, but if they do indeed make Amiibo-locked content more accessible, well, I have to be glad of that.

No. I'm not on drugs. I'm sorry you feel the need to personally attack me for disagreeing with you.

Amiibos are not an excellent way to do DLC.

1) they are orders of magnitude more expensive for the amount of content received

2) their availability is a huge issue

3) Your suggestion is to make it even harder to get these amiibos or to keep the dlc price artificially high based on your own preferences.

What do you mean by all though? Many times in the past Nintendo have simply dummied out or cut unfinished content out and sometimes implemented it in a later game in the series. For example atleast one dungeon intended to be in Wind Waker was cut out and is either in Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword.

Game content is never something that is ever completley transparent, a game you'd see as complete could easily had a lot of stuff cut from it. Things that are included DLC may have been possible to put in the final release, but they could have also been impossible to offer other than the developers working overtime to deliver it or not justifable without selling it separatley. They could implementing something that would never have been expected or considered missing in the game in the first place otherwise.

When you start advertising it during the game's development period a lot of these excuses get wiped out.

And even back in the 90s, things called expansion packs existed. :P

Which are drastically different from the vast majority of DLC in scope and content.

Edited by ckc22

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you start advertising it during the game's development period a lot of these excuses get wiped out.

It really doesn't seem so given the DLC that we know will be in the game. One will be sold separately even physically atleast in Japan, one will be still in development as the game releases and Marth and Lucina wouldn't even be considered missing if they weren't even in the game anyway.

All of these seem pretty reasonable to be DLC, especially since these have been advertised literally 2 months before the Japanese release and the game is going to have be in the retail state so the cartridges can produced for sale.

Edited by arvilino

No. I'm not on drugs. I'm sorry you feel the need to personally attack me for disagreeing with you.

1) they are orders of magnitude more expensive for the amount of content received

3) Your suggestion is to make it even harder to get these amiibos or to keep the dlc price artificially high based on your own preferences.

Hey if you want to own all of the Amiibos then go ahead and spend $500+ for them.

1. For a little $12 figure (assuming you bought them retail) look at some of the usages of the more common amiibos. Mario can be used for Smash 4 (both versions), Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors, and Mario Party 10 alone and certainly more games later can use Mario. The extra content Amiibo's can provide will pay for itself with time. Plus it's a cool little figurine. I don't think I would ever be able to have a Marth figurine and yet I do because I have the Marth Amiibo. Even then, after I bought it, Nintendo announced its compatibility with STEAM. Nintendo is planning on making them as worth while as possible.
  2. Can't deny you there. At least the more uncommon ones like Rosalina, Villager, and Megaman apply. Though its not like Nintendo has said that they will not make more. They are just limiting the amount produced so they don't make more than what would sell. Why make 1000 Wii Fit Trainer amiibos when only 500 would get sold. It's a marketing strategy that 1. ensures that they don't over produce their goods. 2. They artificially raise demand for a certain figurine by limiting the copies, but release later when they are sure it will sell well. Plus they won't raise the price unreasonably later if at all. If anything they may be even cheaper
  3. Hey DLC and Amiibo are all bonus content that you do not need to buy nor do you need in own order to complete the game. These are all fun little extras that you are not obligated to buy, but can because the development team decided to work beyond the release date to release more content that they did not have to make nor could they have made in a polished manner if they had tried to squeeze it in before the game's release. And it's not like it's unreasonable as some people view in Awakening. I think in total, the DLC was about $50 and what did it add? 25 additional maps (about as much chapters as previous GBA FE games had), the ability to accrue as much legendary weapons you wanted, redesigned FE lords plus 3 exclusive characters, easy gold, DLC skills, DLC Classes, story expansions, side stories/dialogue, and higher difficulty challenges. Nintendo is not trying to push DLC into our faces, their practice of it is the best I've seen where its good quality bonus content that you can buy if you want to and it will expand on your experience of the game, but not owning it will not deny you of a good game experience.
Edited by Naui

I'm honestly not a fan of FE:if DLC being in FE Cipher cards unless the codes are actually NOT unique/randomly generated for each card name/version. If the DLC codes aren't unique, then that could mean more emphasis on trading with other people to get more DLC codes. Of course, other means to get the same content would be greatly appreciated.

Hey DLC and Amiibo are all bonus content that you do not need to buy nor do you need in own order to complete the game. These are all fun little extras that you are not obligated to buy, but can because the development team decided to work beyond the release date to release more content that they did not have to make nor could they have made in a polished manner if they had tried to squeeze it in before the game's release. And it's not like it's unreasonable as some people view in Awakening. I think in total, the DLC was about $50 and what did it add? 25 additional maps (about as much chapters as previous GBA FE games had), the ability to accrue as much legendary weapons you wanted, redesigned FE lords plus 3 exclusive characters, easy gold, DLC skills, DLC Classes, story expansions, side stories/dialogue, and higher difficulty challenges. Nintendo is not trying to push DLC into our faces, their practice of it is the best I've seen where its good quality bonus content that you can buy if you want to and it will expand on your experience of the game, but not owning it will not deny you of a good game experience.

No one needs any game content. Some people - especially those who tend to play RPGs are completionists and like to do everything available though.

The use of Amiibo in smash is fine - it adds something cool without making others feel like they're missing out on an experience. What's not fine is things like locking spinner in Hyrule warriors behind amiibo, various mario party boards behind amiibo, fire emblem characters behind amiibo in steam, etc. Amiibo practices are getting worse and worse - just like Nintendo's DLC practices and business practices in general - version splits, day 1 dlc, shallow dlc, microtransaction freemium games, etc.

My issue isn't even with DLC really - that's a battle we already lost, it's with DLC being locked behind physical objects that cost way more than the game content they offer would.

1. For a little $12 figure (assuming you bought them retail)
  2. Even then, after I bought it, Nintendo announced its compatibility with STEAM. Nintendo is planning on making them as worth while as possible.

1) Lol yeah right.

2) This is the part of amiibo that is absolutely horrible.

Edited by ckc22

No one needs any game content. Some people - especially those who tend to play RPGs are completionists and like to do everything available though.

The use of Amiibo in smash is fine - it adds something cool without making others feel like they're missing out on an experience. What's not fine is things like locking spinner in Hyrule warriors behind amiibo, various mario party boards behind amiibo, fire emblem characters behind amiibo in steam, etc. Amiibo practices are getting worse and worse - just like Nintendo's DLC practices and business practices in general - version splits, day 1 dlc, shallow dlc, microtransaction freemium games, etc.

My issue isn't even with DLC really - that's a battle we already lost, it's with DLC being locked behind physical objects that cost way more than the game content they offer would.

1) Lol yeah right.

2) This is the part of amiibo that is absolutely horrible.

Then your pretty much reinforce my statement. The game already has a lot in it, especially for RPGs, you CAN pay for a little more or you can opt not to. You can gain much more without really losing anything, at least in the case of Nintendo DLC thus far. Awakening DLC was not on cartridge. Only Capcom to my knowledge has done "on-disc-blocked-by-pay-wall" DLC or pay to unlock everything DLC like in battlefield 3. DLC on Nintendo games have been handled pretty well in comparison.

Let's look at a few Nintendo games with DLC so far.

Fire Emblem Awakening - mentioned above

Smash 4 - Two whole characters, mii outfits. ($20 total)

Hyrule Warriors - Three additional adventure maps, 3 characters, 7 costumes, 2 new modes. ($20 total)

Mario Kart 8 - 16 tracks, 6 characters, 4 vehicles, 2 wheels, 2 gliders. ($12 total)

True enough of the "blocked off content by amiibo argument" as well. Still are your really missing anything by not having 1 weapon in HW when there are like over 25? It's not like it's a whole character. Or a few maps on a game that is already chocked full of content for MP10? The amiibo boards are pretty watered down game boards compared to the main game. You aren't really losing anything by not having the amiibos for it. You can perfectly play using the FE characters in STEAM, but there are already enough characters in game that make FE more a novelty rather than a necessity. I think DLC gets a bad rep overall because of some of the tainted practices. My opinion is that if handled well, DLC is a good thing. Amiibos are just another form of it. In the short term, they seem like a poor idea. In the long run, they will be more worth it. It won't be like Infinity or Skylanders where they are stuck to one series of games. The Wii U AND the 3DS have at least 4 more years on their shelf life before we get the next gen of Nintendo. There will be TONS of games that they will be compatible with even in the near future. Even then, I can assume that they will be usable even further. I'm looking at things in the long run, not the short term.

Still regarding STEAM and the FE Amiibos, they are gonna rerelease more Marth and Ike amiibos along with Robin and Lucina. It's not a "well you should have bought them earlier" from Nintendo. They will cater to their customers. The rerelease of Marth shows that they are not gonna "Disney Vault" the amiibos. They will rerelease more when the time is right. Plus look at it in a more positive light. Not only do you get this cool figurine, but you also gain access content in multiple games and even future ones too.

Edited by Naui

I wasn't trying to attack you, I was just VERY surprised to see you say that making Amiibos compatible with this game was an awful idea.

They are an excellent way to do DLC though. I think a majority of people would agree with me here. You're literally spending just $13 (yes, there are still Amiibos you can buy in a store) for a figure that can give you content across multiple games and will likely give you even more for more games in the future. You're basically getting free DLC over and over after you pay the $13.

1. No, they're not. They're actually cheaper because see above.

2. Right now, yes, availability is an issue for a good portion of the figures, but nobody expected them to be as popular as they are. Not even me and I did predict that they'd be popular to an extent. But this will blow over in time when figures get restocked and maybe when cards hit the market.

3. Wtf? Where did I ever suggest any of that?

Without DLC or Amiibo though, we wouldn't get these features like past FE characters at all. I didn't see Marth being added as a playable character in Sacred Stones or Path of Radiance. This kind of content is being created just to be DLC, and at least IS makes that obvious by the kind of content they leave as DLC.

The spinner was more like base game content, but it was added months after launch. So, yet again, it was something added just to be DLC.

True enough of the "blocked off content by amiibo argument" as well. Still are your really missing anything by not having 1 weapon in HW when there are like over 25? It's not like it's a whole character. Or a few maps on a game that is already chocked full of content for MP10? The amiibo boards are pretty watered down game boards compared to the main game. You aren't really losing anything by not having the amiibos for it. You can perfectly play using the FE characters in STEAM, but there are already enough characters in game that make FE more a novelty rather than a necessity. I think DLC gets a bad rep overall because of some of the tainted practices. My opinion is that if handled well, DLC is a good thing. Amiibos are just another form of it. In the short term, they seem like a poor idea. In the long run, they will be more worth it. It won't be like Infinity or Skylanders where they are stuck to one series of games. The Wii U AND the 3DS have at least 4 more years on their shelf life before we get the next gen of Nintendo. There will be TONS of games that they will be compatible with even in the near future. Even then, I can assume that they will be usable even further. I'm looking at things in the long run, not the short term.

Still regarding STEAM and the FE Amiibos, they are gonna rerelease more Marth and Ike amiibos along with Robin and Lucina. It's not a "well you should have bought them earlier" from Nintendo. They will cater to their customers. The rerelease of Marth shows that they are not gonna "Disney Vault" the amiibos. They will rerelease more when the time is right. Plus look at it in a more positive light. Not only do you get this cool figurine, but you also gain access content in multiple games and even future ones too.

I don't want the figurine though. I'd rather just download a character who should probably cost like 1-3$ at most or a board that should cost 1-3$ at most. I don't see what the problem is with allowing DLC to be DLC without locking it behind amiibos - hell give it to amiibo owners for free if they want. I've only wanted a couple of amiibos and haven't been able to get any because I can't stay up til the middle of night to preorder, or leave work at 3pm to preorder. Also let's just talk about the insanity of requiring preorders to even get your hands on these things. I think the idea is bad on it's face - but I think it's been made even worse that Nintendo has mismanaged and handled the releases poorly.

I wasn't trying to attack you, I was just VERY surprised to see you say that making Amiibos compatible with this game was an awful idea.

They are an excellent way to do DLC though. I think a majority of people would agree with me here. You're literally spending just $13 (yes, there are still Amiibos you can buy in a store) for a figure that can give you content across multiple games and will likely give you even more for more games in the future. You're basically getting free DLC over and over after you pay the $13.

1. No, they're not. They're actually cheaper because see above.

2. Right now, yes, availability is an issue for a good portion of the figures, but nobody expected them to be as popular as they are. Not even me and I did predict that they'd be popular to an extent. But this will blow over in time when figures get restocked and maybe when cards hit the market.

3. Wtf? Where did I ever suggest any of that?

1) They're an expensive and difficult to acquire way to do DLC. None of the amiibos I want are available in stores and most never were - they sold through preorders before they were ever released.

2) They've already stated they aren't restocking many figures/many figures are limited runs.

3) You've repeatedly opined against the release of cards despite them essentially fixing most of my problems with the figures.

Without DLC or Amiibo though, we wouldn't get these features like past FE characters at all. I didn't see Marth being added as a playable character in Sacred Stones or Path of Radiance. This kind of content is being created just to be DLC, and at least IS makes that obvious by the kind of content they leave as DLC.

The spinner was more like base game content, but it was added months after launch. So, yet again, it was something added just to be DLC.

Once again my problem isn't really with DLC (if it's done well) - DLC is a given in video games at this point. Some of it is even quite good/price efficient. My problem is locking DLC behind amiibos that cost more than DLC would and having amiibos be excessively rare/underproduced.

Edited by ckc22

I don't want the figurine though. I'd rather just download a character who should probably cost like 1-3$ at most or a board that should cost 1-3$ at most.

You only need 1 Amiibo in Mario Party 10 to unlock every single Amiibo Party board by collecting the character tokens when you play the mode. So the common Mario Amiibo you can get for $10 on Amazon or $5 extra with the game unlocks what you think should cost between $9 and $27 in DLC for a single game while having uses in other titles while being something that you could sell second hand to recoup your money or even share/trade with other people.

It's pretty easy to frame anything in bad light when you're making a lot of assumptions which don't even apply.

You only need 1 Amiibo in Mario Party 10 to unlock every single Amiibo Party board by collecting the character tokens when you play the mode. So the common Mario Amiibo you can get for $10 on Amazon or $5 extra with the game unlocks what you think should cost between $9 and $27 in DLC for a single game while having uses in other titles while being something that you could sell second hand to recoup your money or even share/trade with other people.

It's pretty easy to frame anything in bad light when you're making a lot of assumptions which don't even apply.

That's good about mario party I wasn't aware of that. It still doesn't really get at my point though. Why not give people who have no interest in Amiibo/cannot access amiibo they want due to supply problems the option to still get in-game content through DLC.

Edited by ckc22

I don't want the figurine though. I'd rather just download a character who should probably cost like 1-3$ at most or a board that should cost 1-3$ at most. I don't see what the problem is with allowing DLC to be DLC without locking it behind amiibos - hell give it to amiibo owners for free if they want. I've only wanted a couple of amiibos and haven't been able to get any because I can't stay up til the middle of night to preorder, or leave work at 3pm to preorder. Also let's just talk about the insanity of requiring preorders to even get your hands on these things. I think the idea is bad on it's face - but I think it's been made even worse that Nintendo has mismanaged and handled the releases poorly.

I could see the merit of making amiibo content regular DLC in a payable form. Still then we get the inverse of, "why buy amiibo when I can just buy DLC?" Besides the preordering madness for uncommon amiibos, its not hard to get Link, Mario, Kirby, and Pikachu amiibos the former three already have usages in 4+ games each. If anything amiibos are a cost saving dlc/extra content unlock in the long run. I emphasize long run heavily. Other than that, they are just fun novelty.

Edited by Naui

I could see the merit of making amiibo content regular DLC in a payable form. Still then we get the inverse of, "why buy amiibo when I can just buy DLC?" Besides the preordering madness for uncommon amiibos, its not hard to get Link, Mario, Kirby, and Pikachu amiibos the former three already have usages in 4+ games each. If anything amiibos are a cost saving dlc/extra content unlock in the long run. I emphasize long run heavily. Other than that, they are just fun novelty.

And the two currently released Fire Emblem characters cost >=50$ and the two unreleased ones sold out through preorders and people are having preorders canceled. In this case people are advocating for dlc content to be locked behind a 400$ paywall for content that's probably worth like 5$ at most.

Even if I wanted to spend the 50$ to pay for them I couldn't. I don't really see how anyone finds the current amiibo scheme justifiable/defensible. My ness preorder got canceled because of Nintendo's ineptitude and it's one of the only ones I wanted - but I'm not going to spend 50$+ on it due to their incompetence.

It doesn't matter that some amiibo are readily available when a good 1/3rd of them are unavailable except through scalpers at 3x the original price.

Edited by ckc22

I was skeptical about amiibo when they were announced at last year's E3 (that was when they were announced right?). But now, I think it's actually a good concept when you buy one figure and tons of new content in several games, and a cool figure to boot!

So I don't think they're bad.

I was skeptical about amiibo when they were announced at last year's E3 (that was when they were announced right?). But now, I think it's actually a good concept when you buy one figure and tons of new content in several games, and a cool figure to boot!

So I don't think they're bad.

If you can actually get the figure...

1) They're an expensive and difficult to acquire way to do DLC. None of the amiibos I want are available in stores and most never were - they sold through preorders before they were ever released.

2) They've already stated they aren't restocking many figures/many figures are limited runs.

3) You've repeatedly opined against the release of cards despite them essentially fixing most of my problems with the figures.

1. Again, no, they are not. $13 is perfect for a figure that unlocks game content. Nintendo isn't the one charging $40-$50, that would be scumbag scalpers. They're the main people to blame for the shortage, not Nintendo. And Nintendo can only do so much to try to fix it. Patience is the key here. Also, it's your fault if you never tried to preorder. If you did and had no luck or your orders got canceled or you were at work a lot or something, then I can see why you would be frustrated.

2. Wrong. Nintendo themselves have said that no figure has been discontinued all together except for Gold Mario (due to clearly being a limited edition run). They will all be restocked eventually so far.

3. I don't like the idea of cards because I don't know who in their right mind would choose what's basically just a picture over a figure. But if cards do end up helping to give people more access to Amiibo-locked content, like I said, I have to be glad they exist.

Also, you apparently keep ignoring the fact that the released FE characters are both getting restocks. Their price will go down in time.

Edited by Anacybele

And the two currently released Fire Emblem characters cost >=50$ and the two unreleased ones sold out through preorders and people are having preorders canceled. In this case people are advocating for dlc content to be locked behind a 400$ paywall for content that's probably worth like 5$ at most.

Even if I wanted to spend the 50$ to pay for them I couldn't. I don't really see how anyone finds the current amiibo scheme justifiable/defensible. My ness preorder got canceled because of Nintendo's ineptitude and it's one of the only ones I wanted - but I'm not going to spend 50$+ on it due to their incompetence.

It doesn't matter that some amiibo are readily available when a good 1/3rd of them are unavailable except through scalpers at 3x the original price.

Well it does cost that much for them. Do I want them? Yes of course. Am I upset that I won't have Ike, Robin, and Lucina as a result of limited stock? Sure. But the price of online amiibos are not nintendo's fault. It's the people who bought them in bulk via preorders, aka scalpers.

Do I want Nintendo to make more of the ones I want? Yes I do. Can I wait for it? I will, it'll come soon enough if you are patient enouh. With or without them, I still get a lot out of the games and I don't feel like I'm missing anything. Still any Amiibo with real multi-platform usage are still made regularly like Link, Mario, and Kirby. Ones like Marth, Rosalina, and Captain Falcon need better handling. But sadly, Ness, Little Mac, and Villager are a little more understandable.

The best alternative would be for Nintendo to make an online store for ordering the uncommon amiibos. That way they make the exact ones that people want without over producing.

I think the amiibos are cool and I barely care about their game functionality. As a Nintendo fan they're just a neat thing to have. It is annoying how rare some of them are, but oh well. I survived just fine without them for years, so if I end up not able to get one that I really want, I'll survive the rest of my life just fine without it too.

When it comes to paying money for things, that's a good habit to get out of. I don't buy all DLC available for a game, I only buy what I think is worth it for me. (Similarly: I don't buy every feature for a new car, computer, or phone.)

Hell, some games have DLC which is very much designed around you not buying all of it. Take something like Theatrhythm; if you actually bought all the DLC, it would cost something ludicrous. But you aren't supposed to; you're supposed to buy the pieces of music you like, and not the ones you don't, so it actually ends up feeling like a very good deal.

1. Again, no, they are not. $13 is perfect for a figure that unlocks game content. Nintendo isn't the one charging $40-$50, that would be scumbag scalpers. They're the main people to blame for the shortage, not Nintendo. And Nintendo can only do so much to try to fix it. Patience is the key here. Also, it's your fault if you never tried to preorder. If you did and had no luck or your orders got canceled or you were at work a lot or something, then I can see why you would be frustrated.

2. Wrong. Nintendo themselves have said that no figure has been discontinued all together except for Gold Mario (due to clearly being a limited edition run). They will all be restocked eventually so far.

3. I don't like the idea of cards because I don't know who in their right mind would choose what's basically just a picture over a figure. But if cards do end up helping to give people more access to Amiibo-locked content, like I said, I have to be glad they exist.

Also, you apparently keep ignoring the fact that the released FE characters are both getting restocks. Their price will go down in time.

1) Nintendo is the one who has undersupplied to the point where you can't even get preorders through. I've already pointed out that I've had preorders canceled.

2) That's counter to all online reports I've seen regarding the issue. The only restock I've seen them mention is Marth.

3) People who don't want to spend 400$ to get some DLC fire emblem cameos. I think there's a large reasonable number of people who would prefer that.

4) I'll believe it when I see it.

Well it does cost that much for them. Do I want them? Yes of course. Am I upset that I won't have Ike, Robin, and Lucina as a result of limited stock? Sure. But the price of online amiibos are not nintendo's fault. It's the people who bought them in bulk via preorders, aka scalpers.

Do I want Nintendo to make more of the ones I want? Yes I do. Can I wait for it? I will, it'll come soon enough if you are patient enouh. With or without them, I still get a lot out of the games and I don't feel like I'm missing anything. Still any Amiibo with real multi-platform usage are still made regularly like Link, Mario, and Kirby. Ones like Marth, Rosalina, and Captain Falcon need better handling. But sadly, Ness, Little Mac, and Villager are a little more understandable.

The best alternative would be for Nintendo to make an online store for ordering the uncommon amiibos. That way they make the exact ones that people want without over producing.

Nintendo hasn't supplied in reasonable quantities. They share some of the blame with scalpers.

When it comes to paying money for things, that's a good habit to get out of. I don't buy all DLC available for a game, I only buy what I think is worth it for me. (Similarly: I don't buy every feature for a new car, computer, or phone.)

Hell, some games have DLC which is very much designed around you not buying all of it. Take something like Theatrhythm; if you actually bought all the DLC, it would cost something ludicrous. But you aren't supposed to; you're supposed to buy the pieces of music you like, and not the ones you don't, so it actually ends up feeling like a very good deal.

I bought all the theatrhythm dlc. I play the game a ton and like having all the songs. It was made after the game and a lot of it offers songs from games that aren't from the FF series - which doesn't make it feel like it should have been included in the first place. The prices are reasonable and the dlc is good quality. Those are actual gameplay downloads - and I'm happy to spend money on that kind of DLC and the game would feel incomplete without them to me.

Types of DLC i wouldn't spend money on are things like costumes for multiplayer in Last of Us for example.

A problem NoA is in the process of correcting. Your point?

Again - after their handling of their first 4-5 releases at this point I'll believe it when I see it.
Edited by ckc22

Wow, honestly, I didn't realize Marth, Ike, Sonic, and Mega Man were so rare until after I bought them.

I honestly love the Amiibos, and I think for once, me, Anaclybele, and Glaceon ACTUALLY agree on something.

They are, in my humble opinion, the best way to handle DLC, and I will never regret buying Sonic, Mega Man, Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Samus, Sheik, Marth, Ike, Link, Toon Link, and Zelda amiibos.

yes, I'm bragging

Why do I think they are the perfect DLC method tho, well, put yourself in my shoes for a bit.

You can only download X amount of gigabytes a month, so typical DLC is almost always out of the question.

Amiibos, on the other hand, allow me to have access to extra content in games, AND get figurines of my favorite characters.

So, yeah, I'm okay with this.

1) Nintendo is the one who has undersupplied to the point where you can't even get preorders through. I've already pointed out that I've had preorders canceled.

Nintendo hasn't supplied in reasonable quantities. They share some of the blame with scalpers.

You act like Nintendo did this on purpose. They most certainly didn't, even if I AM surprised at how badly they underestimated the demand for the figures.

You act like Nintendo did this on purpose. They most certainly didn't, even if I AM surprised at how badly they underestimated the demand for the figures.

One time is an oversight. Twice is a mistake. 3+ times is poor preparation/management. We're talking about the fourth wave of releases at this point.

You can only download X amount of gigabytes a month, so typical DLC is almost always out of the question.

What?

I bought all the theatrhythm dlc. I play the game a ton and like having all the songs. It was made after the game and a lot of it offers songs from games that aren't from the FF series - which doesn't make it feel like it should have been included in the first place. The prices are reasonable and the dlc is good quality. Those are actual gameplay downloads - and I'm happy to spend money on that kind of DLC and the game would feel incomplete without them to me.

Fair enough! I stand corrected then, glad you enjoyed the game so much. :) For me, while I bought quite a few, I was never tempted to buy tracks I personally didn't like much, and I just assumed that most people would have some such tracks like that, but obviously milage does vary.

What?

Where I live, Alabama BTW, a common practice taken by companies like Verizon is to limit their customers to a maximum of say 10 Gigabytes worth of internet usage a month, otherwise said customer will be billed overage charges.

This fact practically kills downloaded games or DLC due to practically having to pay for said DLC or game twice.