So even before details of the game is talked about - DLC is announced?

HeartTranquil

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean even before details? The recent Direct gave us plenty of info.

Though... yeah. Not a fan of where this is going.

If they end up releasing the card game in English, i know I'll be buying some cards, so I'll possibly have dlc through that, but I don't think I'll be actively looking for DLC codes.

Edited by L95

I... don't really see anything wrong with that? It's not like we know absolutely nothing about the game (which will be released in two months) at this moment. We're not forced to buy any DLC after all. I don't see a difference between announcing it now or later.

Personally I'm not too excited for DLC and will probably only buy the ones that actually catch my interest, like with Awakening.

So these starter sets sell for 1300 yen, or roughly $11.00. Each contains a download code for a particular character.

I'm fine with DLC. I'm not fine paying eleven bucks for each DLC character. If IS offers other ways for players to purchase / download Marth, Lucina, etc. that's no problem. If I'm forced to buy cards I don't want for a promo code, that's a big problem.

Like I said in another topic, those seem to be specifically alternate versions of the characters - "Prince" Marth, "Masked Marth" Lucina, "Pegasus Knight" Minerva. Those versions might be exclusive to this promotion (although we might get them in another way outside of Japan, since we don't have the cardgame at all), but we're likely going to get the standard versions too. Especially in Lucina's case it'd make no sense to only have her "Marth" version.

Like I said in another topic, those seem to be specifically alternate versions of the characters - "Prince" Marth, "Masked Marth" Lucina, "Pegasus Knight" Minerva. Those versions might be exclusive to this promotion (although we might get them in another way outside of Japan, since we don't have the cardgame at all), but we're likely going to get the standard versions too. Especially in Lucina's case it'd make no sense to only have her "Marth" version.

So Einherjars again?

Boring.

I don't mind DLC (especially since Awakening handled it so well), but it IS a little early to be talking about it. Day-one DLC is never fun, unless it's free.

Though this is reminding me that I really need to finish Awakening's DLC...but Apotheosis is so hard...

So Einherjars again?

Boring.

These seem to be downloaded by themselves, without a stage attached to them, so I'd guess they'll be more fully feature than Awakening's paid DLC characters, who always were attached to stages (since they couldn't even speak after joining your party). Now whether they'll still be Einjerjar storywise or if they'll go with some other idea like alternate universes there's no way to know at this point.

Edited by NeonZ

They announced the third campaign DLC in the direct already.

And Awakening was a DLC fest, wasn't the DLC for Awakening altogether more expensive than the game?

That said, I love DLC, so pile it on. Will be disappointing if we don't get some Spotpass content like Awakening though.

I like the DLC and the way they've implemented it so far, but, man, Minerva is freaking expensive.

Well, if your main aim is to buy the TCG, it's not that bad, but if you mainly want the character then... ouch.

Hopefully it's easier for us to get the DLC, especially since we probably won't be getting the TCG. Although if Nintendo decides to release the TCG over here, I'd be fine with that : D

I... don't really see anything wrong with that?

I don't think this is really WRONG in any way, more like it doesn't make sense. If you're going to make Marth and Lucina downloadable, why not just have their Amiibos do that instead of using cards that have a low chance of ever leaving Japan? IS did this for Codename Steam, so why not an actual FE game? This way we'd all get this stuff and the Amiibos would be more useful. And it would give Nintendo more reason to restock the FE squad.

Edited by Anacybele

You have to remember this information was from the TCG livestream... Maybe there are other ways to unlock the characters, like using their Amiibos.

It would make a bit of sense since Marth and Lucina already have Amiibos and would explain why they had Lucina as the Awakening DLC rep rather than Chrom, who's actually plastered over the starter deck.

No clue about Minerva though...

I hope so, because if Ike gets DLC, of course I'm going to want it! But if the code was only with his card which most likely won't be released here, yeah. that would suck butt.

I hope so, because if Ike gets DLC, of course I'm going to want it! But if the code was only with his card which most likely won't be released here, yeah. that would suck butt.

Considering how the third set will be called "Traces of Blue Flame, I'd say its already set in stone. Course, thats just my interpretation

Yeah, I have to agree there. Ike's the Hero of Blue Flames in Japanese (Radiant Hero out west). Makes me want that Ike Amiibo I preordered even more now too... Damn it, stupid delays! ;_;

Edited by Anacybele

More abusive DLC practices from Nintendo. Totally unsurprised by this development as the last direct already told us this was going to be a huge cash grab anyway.

I don't really see the problem with DLC being announced beforehand like this. It's like if they were announcing amibo support for if. They're making the card game anyway, they're just tying it into the games as well.

Once upon a time games used to include all the content.

I don't think this is really WRONG in any way, more like it doesn't make sense. If you're going to make Marth and Lucina downloadable, why not just have their Amiibos do that instead of using cards that have a low chance of ever leaving Japan? IS did this for Codename Steam, so why not an actual FE game? This way we'd all get this stuff and the Amiibos would be more useful. And it would give Nintendo more reason to restock the FE squad.

You mean the amiibos that they made like 12 copies of that sold out before people even finished peordering, and then half of those people had their preorders canceled? Amiibo-locked content is bad DLC prima facie. The way it's currently implemented/mismanaged makes it even worse.

Edited by ckc22

You mean the amiibos that they made like 12 copies of that sold out before people even finished peordering, and then half of those people had their preorders canceled? Amiibo-locked content is bad DLC prima facie. The way it's currently implemented/mismanaged makes it even worse.

Are you on crack? Amiibos are an excellent way to do DLC with how popular they are. They are money-making machines for Nintendo right now. Also, the FE Amiibos are getting restocked. Not just Marth, but Ike too. And I imagine that Robin and Lucina will follow suit.

Also, you forget about the future existence of Amiibo cards. I still don't like the idea of Amiibo cards, but if they do indeed make Amiibo-locked content more accessible, well, I have to be glad of that.

Edited by Anacybele

Once upon a time games used to include all the content.

What do you mean by all though? Many times in the past Nintendo have simply dummied out or cut unfinished content out and sometimes implemented it in a later game in the series. For example atleast one dungeon intended to be in Wind Waker was cut out and is either in Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword.

Game content is never something that is ever completley transparent, a game you'd see as complete could easily had a lot of stuff cut from it. Things that are included DLC may have been possible to put in the final release, but they could have also been impossible to offer other than the developers working overtime to deliver it or not justifable without selling it separatley. They could implementing something that would never have been expected or considered missing in the game in the first place otherwise.

Edited by arvilino