Theories of the 3rd route.

Jedi

Theories on what the third route will be?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. 3rd Route?

• Common Enemy appears and forces Nohr and Hoshido to team up
    • Kamui raises his/her own force to take both out.
    • Other (describe)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one the I hope is that the 3rd route not be a "fuck you" route. Neutral was my favorite route in TO but the biggest thing that annoyed me was that the game practically called you a pussy for doing so and gimped you a bit characterwise. That shouldn't happen, especially if I have to pay to even play it to begin with.

My money is on an Emperor Kamui ending that has you conquer one side then turn on the other making you DA KING.

And then once you conquer the world you get killed by Ryouma and/or Marx (in disguise), but it was on purpose to finalize peace by eliminating the enemy of the world who everyone feared/hated.

Edited by Severlan

I mean aren't we already assuming that either way you're fighting Nohr? As Hoshido, you're fighting Nohr invaders, and as Nohr, you're fighting The Establishment (fuck the police, man)

it's not exactly hard to reconcile the two, although it'd be super lazy

that being said I'm expecting some greater evil to arise in whatever third route, probably to do with the monsters we've seen occasionally in the trailer

human involvement optional, but likely

I'd like it if both countries branded Kamui a traitor, with his family from both sides staying loyal to him. Due to the manhunt, Nohr and Hoshido reconcile their differences. Kamui's job is to get rid of whatever gave both countries the crazy idea.

So, uh, both options. :P:

So uh, we all agree that uniting to defeat a common foe sounds a bit bland, right? I really hope the third route is not all rainbows and sunshine, otherwise the choice given to us will feel hollow.

I'd like it if both countries branded Kamui a traitor, with his family from both sides staying loyal to him. Due to the manhunt, Nohr and Hoshido reconcile their differences. Kamui's job is to get rid of whatever gave both countries the crazy idea.So, uh, both options. :P:

I actually really dig this. Maybe sprinkle in some unique third party units with them too.

I'd put my money on Kamui raising his/her own force against both factions. Kinda like a man on the run type of scenario just trying to stay alive and avoid going toe to toe with either nation until he gets an opportunity to strike. Could be interesting as you'd be forced to see parts of the world you might not have otherwise seen and has potential to build the world further.

I have an idea about the 3rd route, you remember the monster in the 2 trailers, ''Nosferatu''? At first, I thought he was an ally of the Nohr faction because Kamui seems to knew him in the second trailer but in the first trailer, Max killed a monster who looks like Nosferatu. I think Kamui will ignore the war between Hoshido and Nohr and he will recruit hiw own army against the monsters and maybe some units of both factions could be able to be recruit (Max for example). Of course, this just a theory of a beginner. I also don't mind others endings.

How about a conquer everyone path where the commanders of each chapter are your family members and other recruitable units. Once you beat them you recruit them to your army. Then at the end you become a dictator and rule the entire continent. As an added bonus you could have the final chapter of this path be against a combined group of hoshido and nohr soldiers as a last line of defense against kamui and his army.

In the third path Aqua reveals herself to be someone who has the ability to travel between parallel worlds/can rewind time or some bullshit like that. Having already seen the consequences of Kamui's choices in both routes she decides to spirit Kamui away from the showdown and explain "there must be another way!". Then you manage to solve everyone's problems through diplomacy only to find that the Dark Dragon God has been behind all of it. Or maybe Aqua will turn out to be the villain like a certain character in Bravely Default.

Calling it now.

In the third path Aqua reveals herself to be someone who has the ability to travel between parallel worlds/can rewind time or some bullshit like that. Having already seen the consequences of Kamui's choices in both routes she decides to spirit Kamui away from the showdown and explain "there must be another way!". Then you manage to solve everyone's problems through diplomacy only to find that the Dark Dragon God has been behind all of it. Or maybe Aqua will turn out to be the villain like a certain character in Bravely Default.

Calling it now.

But there's no place Where the Fairy Flies!

The third route will be Aqua's route, Aqua is Naga's reincarnation and Kamui is the reincarnation of whatever this game equivalent of Grima. Naga defeated this "Grima" but also suffered great amount of injuries, but knowing that "Grima" will be reborn she decided cast away her divine dragon power and reincarnated as a blue haired girl AKA pulling a Zelda from Skyward Sword. But "Grima" somewhat reincarnated into a kindhearted prince/princess...

I'm calling this one, perfect explanation why kamui in his/her dragon will want to kill dancer.

Imagine the drama if we are going to s-rank Aqua, ohhhhh, it gonna be interesting.

Edited by Awakener_

Is anyone else curious about how supports will work between the routes (particularly the 3rd route)? While many supports are self contained, others reference things that happen in the story. Will some supports be changed or exclusive to each route?

Is anyone else curious about how supports will work between the routes (particularly the 3rd route)? While many supports are self contained, others reference things that happen in the story. Will some supports be changed or exclusive to each route?

That's an interesting thought. However, I think they'll avoid it, sadly, since it would take a lot of time to rewrite multiple supports. Either they'll change references but keep the supports intact as a whole, or there might simply be a heavier focus on recruitable characters exclusive to the third route.

That's an interesting thought. However, I think they'll avoid it, sadly, since it would take a lot of time to rewrite multiple supports. Either they'll change references but keep the supports intact as a whole, or there might simply be a heavier focus on recruitable characters exclusive to the third route.

I don't think there will be THAT many exclusive characters for the 3rd route. I'm sure it's hard enough developing enough characters for two versions let alone a third. It's easier to tweak conversations than to create brand new characters. Granted, there are very few supports in the series that change based on different circumstances (Makalov's supports will be tweaked if Marcia is dead by that point, for example) so this is brand new territory for IS.

Psychopath path. Instead of joining one of two sides you just make everyone your enemy and become THE evil force in the game.

so, 3rd path = MU solo?

I wouldn't be completely sure about their unwillingness to rewrite supports. They seemed to have done quite a lot of (admittedly minor) support rewriting in awakening for things like parent/child supports and stuff like that. Also, in PoR, they did a fair amount of rewriting/providing alternate script content for when you lose units early in the game (rescuing Rolf and Mist when Oscar and Boyd are dead) and they also have multiple versions of one or two supports based on whether certain characters are dead. But you could be right.

Its been mentioned in another thread that trailer scene where low level assassins attack hospital/clinic is the third path so I'm sure that's the first level after the decision scene. The idea of a golden ending is to predictable for me so I'm hoping that it will bring real conflict to Kamui's families