Fire Emblem Cipher - Rules and Q&A

Dan

Cipher Wiki  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of wiki should Cipher have? Explanations for these choices are in/around post 160

• Serenes Forest wiki
    • Dediciated wikia
    • Either option is fine

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Ally' in card effects doesn't count itself. So far only a few units mention 'All X units'

What do you mean by "All x units".

Also i asked my friend who could read jap. Cherche effects does not hit herself while marths does.

He said it was denoted by this kanji (他) which specifies other units.

Question about Orbs and Damage taking

Is there an order to how they are placed at the beginning of the game? e.g. top card to orb area one at a time on top of one another

And is there a order to which Orb card to pick up when the main character/ hero takes damage? e.g. pick up from the top of the Orb cards/stack?

Thx in advance! :)

There's no specific rules on Orbs aside from that you start the game with 5. Pretty sure there's no rules stating you have to take the top one since they're all random anyway.

There's some situations with Orb-healing that sliiiightly increase probability of certain cards being the top card of your Orbs, but it doesn't really matter.

(I guess Caeda can make you look through your deck and figure out what your Orbs are, too.)

Actually there is something extra in the FAQ about Orbs, there's the excerpt

Q.96 (2015/06/24)
■自分のオーブエリアからカードを手札に加える時、オーブエリアに置かれているカードを自由に選ぶことができますか?
はい、できます。ただし、カードの表を見て、その内容を確認することはできません。

translated:

Q.96
When taking cards from the Orb area to be added to my hand, can I choose which card to take?
A. Yes, you may. However, you may not flip it up to check the card before choosing.

http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Zero_(Cipher)

Not only that, but he's an Outlaw, not a thief. Little pedantic, but something to note, nevertheless. If anyone can give me the titles for this guy and the Azura cards, that would be most welcome.

http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Azura_(Cipher)

Got the Nintendo Dream magazine today (mainly for the promo Lucina card), it has information on the Level 1 Azura. I'll go look for it.

EDIT: Found it.

djP4mES.jpg

Skill is Tap this card, 1 Unit you control gains 10 Attack, You can only use this skill if you have 2 or more face-up? (face-down I think) bonds.

Support Skill's name has something to do with song and dance, dunno.

But what it does is if your attacking unit has the black kingdom insignia, you can untap one of your cost 2 or lower units.

Edited by TheVinceKnight

http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Zero_(Cipher)

Not only that, but he's an Outlaw, not a thief. Little pedantic, but something to note, nevertheless. If anyone can give me the titles for this guy and the Azura cards, that would be most welcome.

http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Azura_(Cipher)

Why is he not a Thief although it's stated so on the card?

The Aqua card requires 2 face down bond to use the effect.

I just wanted to point out that the Gaius and Julian "Thief" cards both have 盗賊 as their class, while Zero's card has シーフ.

Both mean "Thief", but the Cipher developers made a distinction for a reason. Personally, I'll be using Outlaw in my translations of his cards. I think if the Cipher developers wanted Zero to be treated as a thief class, they would have used 盗賊 on his card too. Besides, there might be a time later when class distinctions are important for certain skills.

I just wanted to point out that the Gaius and Julian "Thief" cards both have 盗賊 as their class, while Zero's card has シーフ.

Both mean "Thief", but the Cipher developers made a distinction for a reason. Personally, I'll be using Outlaw in my translations of his cards. I think if the Cipher developers wanted Zero to be treated as a thief class, they would have used 盗賊 on his card too. Besides, there might be a time later when class distinctions are important for certain skills.

It's hard to tell right now, but that could also be because Cipher is emulating Fates, where all the Nohr class names are written in katakana and the Hoshidan class names are written in kanji.

Since the "Thief" class is now "Outlaw" in the North American version of Fates, it does make sense to have Zero as an Outlaw in Cipher.

One thing to note about why Zero is different from the usual thief is because of the type of weapon he wields. You don't see any Thief class from previous FE games wielding a bow do you? They wield only swords. But in Fate, Zero is a thief with a twist i.e. he wields a bow instead of a sword. How the NA official translation will turn out is none of my business and I couldn't care less, but more importantly is how closely the cards' skills sticks to the theme of the game they are from. And trust me, the weapon wielded, gender, and unit type are factors much more important than the job title in the Cipher card game, job titles are(in my honest opinion) still cosmetics for flavour. Until now, skill effects checks the faction, gender, weapon wielded, unit type(flying, dragon, beast etc.) on the card, not the job titles. Refer to page 6 of the official rulebook provided in the series 1 starter decks, at the bottom they stated it themselves that icons (3), (4) - A~C icons are referred to in skill uses. There might be some exceptional card that uses job titles in the future, but it is probably only that 1 or 2 cards. Don't seem like the card design team would want to deviate too much away from the format they set.

From what we can tell:
Soleil is a female Inigo (First effect may be different, second is definitely the same as Inigo's)
Charlotte has something to do with female units. (100% positive it'll be more attack when she attacks/ battles with one)

Tsubaki has a CCS (confirming that both Black and White will have CCS) and something to do with bows(?)