Ragefest IV: Trolls & Tribulations

MarkyJoe1990

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the reason you was not expecting how this submission turned out marc was because sonic did not make the mistake of trying to make the solution to the chapter some complicated over the top tactic that you have come to expect from submissions. he kept it simple and in reason of his skills.

other than that there is still 12 submissions to go however. Not sure what order you are going but I do know...nevermind better as a surprise.

I think you have it in reverse. I actually expect submissions like this to have some easy strat that allows me to trivialize it. After all, Hacks with this kind of shoddy presentation tend to have shoddy balancing as well.

I spoke to the guy while I was foaming in the mouth playing the submission. As it turns out, he predicted I would do such a thing and deliberately went out of his way to remove any trivializing elements from the chapter. He also mentioned that my strategy was more or less close to what he intended the player to do. It kinda made me think maybe the guy had his hack playtested extensively.

I mean, it's hard for me to say for sure, but the impression I got from the conversation was that most of the resulting submission was what SuperSonic intended it to be.

And y'know what? It makes me feel kinda weird. I feel like I'm not allowed to like it. Yet, at the same time, I can't help but feel utterly impressed at what it accomplished.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

It kinda made me think maybe the guy had his hack playtested extensively.

I'm pretty sure this is likely the case. I do the exact same thing with my own game, although I do it in a different way in that if something deviates from the normal route but doesn't break the difficulty, I actually plan and event around the possibility of it happening.

When you playtest something enough and try to accommodate for all the scenarios you expect the player to pull, it becomes almost natural to edit them so they do what you want and enforce the strategy you want the player to do.

I want to see someone make a ragefest where they give you a mine, and if you use it, they trash all your own items and then restock the enemies, just to spite you.

What if you got a mine, and the enemies looked like they really wanted mine glitching, but if you try to mine glitch it lets the computer control PCs for a turn and make them trade all their weapons to enemies in range who can use them

that would take some crazy programming but that would be amazing

It's amazing how you took an image that was quite hilarious and then by inserting dick and anal jokes and thus pandering to the lowest common denominator, you killed the humor. Not even killed it, you full on obliterated every speck of humor. I didn't think that was possible.

And the ShadowOfChaos entry should have stayed. That shit was funny.

Edited by ♥Klokinator♥

The one you got is an outdated version. Not sure how you got a hold of it, nor do I understand why you posted it considering it's not the version I wanted people to see.

EDIT: Looks like you deleted it. Thanks~

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

ragefest V list?

Sophia's rectal exam.
Batta deals with Clinical Depression
Reisen does Naughty things to Marc

and of course. This ONe's in FE8! (by TwincestWincest)

Some classic titles we got there.

I kind of want to make a hack too. But was thinking maybe I should wait till FEXNA is out so I don't ahve to learn everything small about hacking. Time is an issue.

Whoa what how did I get so many votes okay I feel like mentioning I'd be fine if I were but I don't necessarily want to go next, if only because I expect my submission to take a long time (apparently it took about 50 tries for Marc to get through the first area in the original, so considering I added some skills to have to deal with and also (hopefully) fixed the rest of the map, if he played mine next, it would mean everyone else has to wait a very long time for theirs to get played)

Personally, I voted Ash, since he said he does want to have his done soon.

(EDIT: so basically all I'm saying is if you're still voting, unless you're absolutely dying to see my glorious not-tile-spammy map again, maybe consider using your vote on someone else you'd like to see~?)

EDIT2: wait 50 tries not turns the intro only lasts 3 turns lol

Edited by 47948201

F.exe must be the last submission. It's ragefest tradition spanning... uh... one iteration!

It is the finale to ragefest! The ultimate culmination of sadistic design and high-budget special effects!

Edited by Ritisa