MarkyJoe1990

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's Alucq's second part? Or was it already posted? I didn't find it. =(

I'll be enjoying the new video now.

EDIT :

Can't you give Wallace Yogi's Iron Lance and later on Sain's Silver lance so he tanks all those evil Swordmasters? And you can also give Gingerwood the boots so he recruits Hector sooner. That's how I see it.

Edited by Nintales

mono version sounds perfectly fine to me. even with the talking over and stuff. (pretty much at the beginning but the commentary blends together well later where you both can still be heard.)

Edited by MrNight48

I agree, the bits where you're talking over each other aren't very difficult to discern (and are usually clarified afterwards, anyways).

Although I am somewhat confused as to how the stereo copy would take longer to render.
(Maybe I'm just spoiled by Sony Vegas? Audacity shouldn't have problems with it, though...)

It mainly took longer to render because Virtual dub would just... stop rendering it. I literally left it for over seven hours, and it still made absolutely no progress. And that's why we still don't have the bloody thing. I'm pretty angry about it.

Though, seeing how people are reacting to the sound of the video, I guess this is just me being perfectionistic and going beyond what is necessary... It drives me kinda nuts when my videos don't end up EXACTLY how I want them.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

Mm... Yes, I apologize, but I didn't get around to recording the submission. I'm... not going to sugarcoat it, I've been pretty stressed lately, and I really don't want that to translate through the commentary. So I've been taking my time as suggested.

Good news everyone. I finally got around to finishing SuperSonic's submission.

And uh... I know this is gonna sound crazy, but I felt very satisfied beating it. It's pretty luck based though, and some thing are really unclear, but the actual winning strategy takes a lot of skill to pull off, and despite my efforts, I wasn't able to find a way to trivialize the chapter. You HAVE to meet it on its own terms.

I dunno how many people will agree with me, but to drive my point home, I'm gonna record a full winning run of the submission just so you guys know what is being expected of the player.

I'd also like to apologize to Mangs fans. I got forty minutes of footage with him, but the last part I did without him cause I thought he was busy and stuff. Instead however, you get the creator himself joining me for the winning blow and ending cutscene.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

Okay, so...

The part with Mangs and I commentating is actually only 20 minutes long and our commentary stays pretty interesting throughout, so I might just upload it, unedited as part 2 and then the winning run + ending cutscene w/ SuperSonic1212 will be Part 3.

That good with you guys?

I actually don't think the submission is bad. I think aside from the unintuitive stuff and the two strictly luck based scenarios it has, it didn't really do much wrong. Yeah, the map looks shoddy, but I don't care much about aesthetics anyway, and the shoddiness compliments the audaciously dumb humor. That, and the challenge is legit. I tried many times to trivialize the bloody thing until I realized you just simply can't (Or at least, I stopped trying to), and you gotta take it seriously if you want to win.

So yeah... I mean, I dunno if people are gonna agree with me or not, but hopefully when part 3 comes up, people will at least understand exactly how involved the winning strategy is.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

Cool beans and from my understanding from his forums posts (I have been stalking most of contestants forum posts about their submissions) SuperSonic1212 kind of expected you to try to trivialize it and punish you accordingly.

Yeah, I'm kind of impressed at how much thought he put into it.

Oh, by the way, I found out I have 15 more minutes of footage with Mangs. I thought I forgot to record it, but... yeah, Evil Eggo Waffle makes an appearance in it too, so we finally got the crossover of the century.

With that in mind, I've changed my mind. I'm gonna edit the footage. I'm pretty sure there's stuff that needs to get removed if I want this to be a reasonable amount of time.

I forgot to link to part 2, so here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_OZ7W1LEd8

Also, part 3 is finally up! We're done with Lyn's Revenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG4ntXoHVXY

Yeah, so hopefully this video helps shine light on what the submission actually expects of you. The submission LOOKS derpy and dumb, so I figured it was broken/unbeatable or easy to trivialize, but it turned out that none of those were true and the winning strategy is pretty involved. If you're still not convinced by Mangs and I (Fun fact: I didn't know his opinion until he said it in the video), I invite y'all to play the hack yourselves.

With all that said, we've got 3 submissions down! 12 left to go.