2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Cam DID purposely throw the game at the very end though. And like you say, the refs were biased.

But yeah, I hope he gets another chance too. And I hope that this doesn't cause Panthers fans to run him out of Charlotte. Steelers fans actually did that to a QB that threw the SB vs the Cowboys in the 90s. And such a thing is overly harsh and unnecessary. It's really immature to get THAT angry over a football game.

EDIT: Lord Raven, what you say doesn't matter to me, really. I'll think what I want to.

Edited by Anacybele

Why would someone throw the game? Young QB that wins a Super Bowl is throwing a game... yeah right

This is the zenith of his career. There is no way in hell people this competitive would throw the game. It's pretty fucking obvious that the OL couldn't hold Von Miller or Demarcus Ware or any facet of the Denver D. That cushy pocket he had all year is gone because Denver D is terrifying. They had a very high time of possession and couldn't do shit with it. Cam got stripped from his blindside constantly.

Who's the best pass rusher they played all year anyway? Dwight Freeney?

I don't know if anyone else saw it but the dude seemed fairly injured. They mentioned it coming out of halftime and there were many instances of him clutching his non throwing shoulder.

I'm sorry Ana, I know you wanted Carolina to win.

But I can't keep it to myself anymore.

PEY-PEY!!! PEY-PEY!!! PEY-PEY!!! HE WON!!! HE PLAYED LIKE ABSOLUTE SHIT AND STILL WON!!! DEFENSE IS BOSS!!! GO GO GO PEY-PEY!!! :D :D :D

Also, Cam didn't throw the game, Denver defense was boss and Cam, no, the whole of Carolina choked, felt the pressure. Bad thing to happen, but they felt the moment, they were playing badly from the beginning.

Edited by Cerberus87

I seriously doubt that Cam was too injured to just dive to the ground and get the ball back. He never even left the field.

I don't think either he OR Peyton deserved to win today, but one of their teams had to... Sigh.

Edited by Anacybele

AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYLMAO

sorry had to do it

honestly hope that Peyton retires though, even in victory it was clear he was done. let Osweiler take over next year honestly.

I seriously doubt that Cam was too injured to just dive to the ground and get the ball back. He never even left the field.

I don't think either he OR Peyton deserved to win today, but one of their teams had to... Sigh.

I think Cam just didn't want to get hurt. Demarcus Ware literally liked catapulted his body towards the ball, if he were to bend down and pick-up the ball he's gonna get bashed.

Peyton had way better field position than Newton did the entire game. Broncos defense is just incredible, I don't think it rivals the 2000 Ravens, but it's pretty damn amazing.

Way better to watch than Pacquiao vs Mayweather

Edited by ~Summer~

Just cause you're injured doesnt mean you leave the field.

I mean everyone is playing injured in the nfl but Cam was definitely getting pummeled left and right. He got more qb hits in this game than he had the entire rest of the postseason.

I mean he was taking hits like a champ - in the first half. There's a point where 250-350 pound men beating on you the whole game makes you really tired and injured.

Denver's offense was putrid but did anyone expect anything more than that? The entire post season their scoring was off of short fields and turnovers which their defense was more than well equipped to do. That Broncos defense was fucking fierce and they definitely deserved that game.

Edited by Lord Raven

Why are people acting like teams don't deserve to win games unless their offence wins it? If the score had been, like, 48-42 or something, nobody would be talking about how bad both teams' defences would have had to be to run up a 90pt game; they'd be talking up the offences left to right. Denver's defence was awesome and acting like they were the "least bad team" is doing them a huge disservice.

I also don't even understand Ana... why would Cam purposely throw the game? Show some respect for the team you've been hyping up for weeks. I think that after getting hit all game he just had an instinctive reaction not to go for a ball that a 300lb dude was diving at. He went down for it later but it was too late by then. It happens. He wasn't able to carry his team to a win and people are going to kill him for that for a while, but he's a great QB and one loss won't change his career, just like Peyton being 2-4 in SBs didn't change his legacy. He'll be back here.

Why are people acting like teams don't deserve to win games unless their offence wins it? If the score had been, like, 48-42 or something, nobody would be talking about how bad both teams' defences would have had to be to run up a 90pt game; they'd be talking up the offences left to right. Denver's defence was awesome and acting like they were the "least bad team" is doing them a huge disservice.

but you dont understand

qbs win games

not the other 45 players on the squad

not the coaches

a qb has to play well to win a game

Yeah, the media likes to make everything about QB play and tend to underrate defenses in the process. It's interesting how the Broncos were in the complete opposite situation just two years ago (stronger offense with a weaker defense and favored to win, ended up losing).

I also don't even understand Ana... why would Cam purposely throw the game? Show some respect for the team you've been hyping up for weeks. I think that after getting hit all game he just had an instinctive reaction not to go for a ball that a 300lb dude was diving at. He went down for it later but it was too late by then. It happens. He wasn't able to carry his team to a win and people are going to kill him for that for a while, but he's a great QB and one loss won't change his career, just like Peyton being 2-4 in SBs didn't change his legacy. He'll be back here.

I never said I didn't want to keep showing them respect. But the Panthers were really disappointing today after how awesome their season was. They defied doubters and everything and Cam Newton came practically out of nowhere to wow everyone and get MVP. Then to see them just crap themselves today was just kind of hard. Especially now that they've lost every Super Bowl they've been to. Will Carolina fans ever see their team bring home a trophy?

Yeah, the media likes to make everything about QB play and tend to underrate defenses in the process. It's interesting how the Broncos were in the complete opposite situation just two years ago (stronger offense with a weaker defense and favored to win, ended up losing).

It's really kind of amusing how reversed it is.

Seattle had the great D, the O that did enough to win, and won a lot of close games with tough teams.

Denver had the great O, record breaking, and a D that allowed major comebacks. Lots of shootouts, lots of blowouts, but criticized for a weak schedule.

Seattle's D had their way with Denver's O.

It's basically exactly flipped here.

But I wouldn't really say the Broncos blew out the Panthers the way the Seahawks just beat the fuck out of the Broncos. I mean, the score in that SB was 43-3 I think. xP

Edited by Anacybele

There are several teams that have never even been to the Super Bowl... none of the teams I cheer for over all four professional sports have been to a championship in my lifetime. shrug.

what team are you a fan of

And can you cheer for the 49ers, so they don't make it in, either, BBM? :P:

I never said I didn't want to keep showing them respect. But the Panthers were really disappointing today after how awesome their season was. They defied doubters and everything and Cam Newton came practically out of nowhere to wow everyone and get MVP. Then to see them just crap themselves today was just kind of hard. Especially now that they've lost every Super Bowl they've been to. Will Carolina fans ever see their team bring home a trophy?

Cam Newton's a young guy. Give him some time, and I think he'll bring it home eventually.

I wish people would stop reminding me of that. I'm WELL AWARE of that. Fans of teams that HAVE been to a Super Bowl and lost are allowed to be disappointed too, you know. It doesn't mean we equate us to those other teams.

Besides, I'd actually say that not going to a Super Bowl is better than losing all the ones you've been to.

Edited by Anacybele