2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cynthia: Yeah, sure seems that way...

Jedi, you made me realize I hadn't yet put the Steelers logo in my sig. :P So I did so just now. I wanted to add the Panthers one there as well, but I couldn't find one that wasn't too big or too tiny. I'll have to resize one myself later on. I would've just used the sprites I made last year, but I didn't feel like it this time.

Edited by Anacybele

Packers 27-17 Seahawks.

Have to be proud of the D stepping up, and Starks stepping up when Lacy went down.

Also marks the first time Seattle lost by double digits since November 2011

Seahawks have the Bears at home next week followed by the Lions. Lions have the Broncos, at the Seahawks and host the Cardinals in the upcoming weeks so it's looking very rough for them.

I'd be worried if I were a Ravens fan as well- they've got the Bengals coming up then a trip to Pittsburgh the Thursday after that. If they end up 0-4, their playoff chances are very slim.

Seahawks have the Bears at home next week followed by the Lions. Lions have the Broncos, at the Seahawks and host the Cardinals in the upcoming weeks so it's looking very rough for them.

I'd be worried if I were a Ravens fan as well- they've got the Bengals coming up then a trip to Pittsburgh the Thursday after that. If they end up 0-4, their playoff chances are very slim.

We also face the Lions here soon, as well as housing the Ravens and going to Pittsburgh, we may shake things up there even more than they are/will be.

Or they could shake ours up haha.

No fucking idea, I'm pissed we have only 2 fucking home games before November.

It's really obnoxious. Last year we opened with three divisional games then we had two away divisional games in a row games all before November hit, then they put us in New Orleans right after our bye week. I swear they try their best to give us as shitty a schedule as they possibly can.

Edited by Lord Raven

That stinks, but what also stinks is that three of our last four are away games... And all against division rivals. ._.

But the Steelers are playing the Ravens on Thursday night? Man, not again. Last time the Steelers played them on a Thursday, it didn't go well at all. >_>

Oh yeah, nice to see the Packers win! Remember, I was rooting for them too for my brother.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm glad Melvin Gordon had a good day, he has shown flashes this week. Mainly because everyone was thinking he'd be another Wisconsin back bust.

https://streamable.com/v8nw

(It says cannot find your video just click the URL and re-enter it)

You can imagine I was jumping out of my chair and screaming when these runs happened.

What do you think the score for Jets vs Colts will be?

I feel:

Jets 10 Colts 28

Edited by ~Summer~

As a Jets fan, my bias is obvious, but I do genuinely think we have a good, even great chance, of winning this game. This is the first time in a long time I've been optimistic about this team, but I guess we'll see what happens tonight. Fitzmagic will continue to be a neck-crook of potential, and stomping on the Browns isn't too much to speak about, but I don't think he should be written off. Cromartie in particular being a point of contention if he's even playing tonight, and whether or not I see him on the field tonight could be a bad or good thing, depending.

Overall feeling:

jCw36a2.png

Jets 24

Colts 17

Well based on last week the Jets should win- but we saw a lot of teams bounce back or take a step back from their Week 1 performances. Jets physical defense could cause similar problems to the ones the Colts had against the Bills.

I'm hoping the Jets win personally. The Colts losing to two non-playoff teams from last year might shake the AFC South a bit and as a Jags fan, change is good.

The Jets winning would kinda make me feel good, because that just makes it more likely that the Steelers will take the Colts down two seasons in a row. Heh heh. Poor Colts, having to play them in Pittsburgh again. :P

YEEEEEEE

Gritty game for our offense, but I think I can take a likin to be called the "Turnover Kings". Skrine is the Gruden Grinder of the week, deservedly. The man was always going on the ball when he was on the field, and that's not something everyone on our secondary could say tonight, at least on the passing game. Cro's performance told me his ankle was still hurting him, but I believe he'll be fine next sunday. All that said, there are things we can work on, but we have definitley improved in a big way, and I'm happy because of that.

Shoutout to Luck takin the ball when he needed to, and to Hilton for stiff arming Revis so hard his knee popped out (is that in bad taste?).

As a Jets fan really satisfied with the performance, especially by the Defense. Upping the turnovers had to be a huge reason weve done so well the first two games. D Line and particularly Leonard Williams really got some good pressure out tonight and didn't let up until the drive where Gore had the goal line fumble. Blitzes with the Linebackers + Free Safety caused a lot of havoc too. Fitzpatrick moved the chains even if he wasn't too accurate on the deep balls, and Ivory/Powell got going in the second half when we needed to run the clock down. Looking forward to a possible 3-0 start hosting the Eagle's next week.

All right picks for next week, let's see if I can do better:

Redskins at Giants- Redskins are actually playing surprisingly well with good defense and a running game but they've struggled against the Giants in the past and I like home teams on Thursdays.

Chargers at Vikings- Chargers gave up 123 yards to Bernard last week and Peterson ran for 134 yards against the Lions which seems like a mismatch- Chargers are on consecutive road games which is tough.
Raiders at Browns- Tough game to call, both teams looked terrible week 1 but bounced back last week. I'll go with the home team here.

Bengals at Ravens- The Ravens should be concerned about what happened to their offense week 1 and what happened to their defense week 2 and the Bengals have been solid on both sides of the ball this year. Still, I think the Ravens can save their season and pull out a home win here.

Saints at Panthers- Brees has an injured shoulder and the Saints defense is bad as expected. Panthers have been getting it done with good defense mostly, despite limited offensive weapons.

Falcons at Cowboys- Brandon Weeden was pretty unimpressive last year and he won't have Dez Bryant to throw to. The Cowboys defense is looking ok, but I don't think they can completely contain Matt Ryan/Julio Jones.

Bucs at Texans- The Texans have serious issues with their offensive line and QB, might be Arian Foster being out or maybe they were never that good. Still, I don't think the Bucs win two road games in a row.

Colts at Titans- How many weeks will it take the Colts offense to wake up(if ever)? The Titans don't have the defensive personnel of the Jets or Bills so this is probably their best chance.

Steelers at Rams- The inconsistency of the Rams makes them a tough team to predict. Steelers get Bell back this week and they've been throwing the ball really well so they seem like the better pick here.

Jaguars at Patriots- Patriots at home, Brady is throwing for a ridiculous amount of yards this year so far and I don't see that stopping here.

Eagles at Jets- Jets defense looks like a contender for best in the league after two weeks- Eagles look horrible offensively on the other side of things.

Niners at Cardinals- Cardinals offense is clicking and I don't think the Niners o-line is very good. Cardinals have been reasonably good against the run this year so i don't think the Niners will be able to control the game.

Bears at Seahawks- Bears are starting Jimmy Clausen and their defense is a mess. Home opener for the Seahawks and they're probably pissed so this could get ugly.

Bills at Dolphins- Dolphins aren't getting pressure on the QB(no sacks on Bortles), aren't stopping the run well and can't run the ball. Bills showed some weaknesses last week with questionable QB and secondary play, but I think they'll look better against teams that aren't the Patriots.

Broncos at Lions- It hasn't exactly been a perfect season so far for the Broncos, but the Lions look to be dysfunctional. Stafford is possibly injured and both their lines are playing poorly.

Chiefs at Packers- Chiefs have done some good things this year, but Rodgers at home is hard to pick against. Packers run defense looked better last week too.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Chargers at Vikings- Chargers gave up 123 yards to Bernard last week and Peterson ran for 134 yards against the Lions which seems like a mismatch- Chargers are on consecutive road games which is tough.

Darn tough crowd for Chargers wins.

It hurts we won't have Jahleel Addae active unless he's questionable since he seems to do well against the run.

BUT, there is one thing missing in those 2 games against the Lions and Vikings. Ryan Carrethers was inactive. I highly doubt the Chargers will allow Ryan Carrethers to be inactive against a runner like Adrian Peterson. The reason we inactivate Carrethers is because he's still a work-in-progress, so a lot of his play is undeveloped and Lissemore hasn't been injured in forever. So we figure we could sit him for much needed depth. Lissemore is just ok at everything, and doesn't particularly excel at anything as a NT. Carrethers though excels at stuffing the run, but is undeveloped everywhere else.

I wouldn't be surprised if we inactivate Dontrelle Inman to play our run-stuffing NT. We reserve him because Wide Receiver is an injury waiting to happen. Malcom Floyd is old, and could easily get injured. Keenan Allen being a leading receiver takes a lot of punishment, especially how he'll give up his body to make a play.

At the same time I doubt we will sit our Inman because Jones is injured, so the second most likely candidate would be inactivating an ILB. Nick Dzunbar, Denzel Perryman or Kavell Conner are likely candidates but it'll like be between Conner and Dzunbar because Perryman is a run-stuffer.

Maybe I'm biased but I don't really see the argument that the Bears are the worst team in the NFL. I don't see us doing better than 3-13 or so but I still don't think we're the very bottom.

I agree with basically all of Cynthia's picks this week besides the Bengals vs Ravens game. It's still September and the Ravens looked really bad against the Raiders.

One other thing; I think the Cowboys are still probably winning the East after losing Romo and Dez, the others are just that bad.

Edited by Da Bear

Maybe I'm biased but I don't really see the argument that the Bears are the worst team in the NFL. I don't see us doing better than 3-13 or so but I still don't think we're the very bottom.

I agree with basically all of Cynthia's picks this week besides the Bengals vs Ravens game. It's still September and the Ravens looked really bad against the Raiders.

One other thing; I think the Cowboys are still probably winning the East after losing Romo and Dez, the others are just that bad.

I've said before this season that I think the Bears will finish last in the NFC North not because they're bad, but because they're in an absolutely brutal division. I do see them doing better than 3-13 however.