Rhys vs Mist

Which healer do you prefer to use for the GM's and why?

In all my pt's, I've only used Mist In fact, outside of 3-P and 3-1, Micaiah is the only light magic user I've ever even touched. But I'm starting to wonder about the merits of using Rhys instead.

The main thing that made me think about reconsidering, as small as this sounds is in 4-4, where it would be really nice to have a staff bot with Restore who can climb the ledge instead of having to go all the way around.

I know Rhys has a higher base mag, but I find this kind of useless, because the GM's barely need a healer at all, with their generally high durability, and the easy access to vulneraries/concoctions. So the more significant thing is that he can actually chip damage with his light tome.

Concrete durability-wise, they seem about the same? Mist probably has a better chance at avoiding an ORKO because of her speed and skill growth.

Then finally, Mist has way better movement.

So yeah, although I always use Mist (up until 4-E, where Elincia+Micaiah take over), does anyone have reasons to prefer the other?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I never use either due to me never actually using healers.(I find vulneraries more convenient)

If I had to use one however, I'd probaly go with Rhys since I usally stay away from mounts that aren't fliers and preference of light magic to another sword user.

That and his name references Wrys, My personal favorite healer, and the only one I've ever used

Edited by randomsonicvideos123

I prefer mounted healers 90% of the time, and I like speed, even if the units don't really need it, and Rhys is really lacking in the speed department, so.. yeah.

Mist is fine.

They are both pretty awful. I personally prefer Mist because she is mounted and she gets the special promotion item that you can only use on her so you don't really lose anything from using her. But given the choice, I wouldn't use either.

I think Rhys is slightly underrated, not that he's great by any means, but he comes with bases that are a lot better so I find him more helpful. Especially considering I'm not planning on using either of them endgame, he's slightly more useful early on so I tend to favor him over Mist.

Mist has 6 move while Rhys has 5 if that means anything as well.

Personally, I think both of them are pretty wretched, but if I were forced to choose, I'd go with Mist because she has Water affinity and I like it more than Fire and with her movement, you'll have an easier time trying to use the support bonuses. And I guess you could have her carry people as well if you needed to instead of having other GOOD units do that.

In the beginning: Both are walking targets because of their horrible base speed.

Rhys will be doubled by everyone except for a few sages and axe generals; Mist by everyone except for sages and generals.

Rhys is useless for me, if Soren or Ilyana have reached third tier. In the endgame you have Micaiah.

Mist as cleric is a worse healer than Rhys, but becomes more useful if she's a valkyrie.

More movement, canto and sol make her useful even as combat unit. And she can rescue.

Mist has 6 move while Rhys has 5 if that means anything as well.

Personally, I think both of them are pretty wretched, but if I were forced to choose, I'd go with Mist because she has Water affinity and I like it more than Fire and with her movement, you'll have an easier time trying to use the support bonuses. And I guess you could have her carry people as well if you needed to instead of having other GOOD units do that.

Isn't it 7 vs 6?

Either way, if I HAD to choose one, Mist, though that being said, I deploy Rhys as well every now and again.

If there's any healer I'm using on the GMs, I usually bench them at Endgame. With that said, if I had to pick one, it would honestly be Reese. More healing power and meaningful damage for potshots is a little more important for me than a horse that likely will never arrive soon enough to make a meaningful difference. I will, however, give Mist props for being promotable with an item that doesn't take a Master Crown away from anyone that might need it.

On one of my playthroughs I had Rhys as a Saint solo Ashera so... I would say that he can definitely be worth using if you take the time. I've always had a fondness for Rhys since irl we look a bit alike but if you use him well in PoR and port your save over and nurture him he can be an incredible unit. Its worth doing for a playthrough in my opinion

I prefer Mist because i like horsies. Rhys isnt too bad at his job to begin with, but ehh. I only use Rhys if i got transfers for him (which is hella rare). Mist with Alondite is funny.

Actually it was on Normal. It's just a ton of work

Don't the Auras have 35 AS? And don't male Saints have 30 AS before White Pool is factored in? I don't think any Saints are doubling the Auras even with Nasir's White Pool, anyways.

Edited by Just call me AL

Disclaimer: I've only gone through RD once on easy mode due to me not enjoying it as much as other FEs, so take my next comment with a grain of salt.

Rhys is more useful initially due to higher starting stats, and while I personally never used either him or Mist due to Ike and Mia roflstomping everything, I would go with Rhys just for that.

As for Endgame, Rhys get benched