SF Hunger Games cont. ~ Game Over

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nightmare kill't erryone

ah

'grats nightmare, pretty sure you're the first to win more than one round.

/in for next.

I would rather add people who want to be added

It isn't really that huge a deal I guess, but idk I feel like just to be safe...

I can see why you're so upset over this though, it would be quite a letdown if somebody who wasn't even on the forums or is completely made up won the game, stealing the glory from everybody else. I personally don't care that much as I'm not a very competitive person~ Actually I'd be super amused if a fake insert won a game ^o^ And I just find these games fun. But it can be quite the letdown to many others....

I was hoping to solve the problem of people signing up and then not even being able to make the game so I thought I'd take Glaceon's suggestion seriously. It never occurred to me that that was just going to create a whole other conflict.

But still, I would rather not stick people in without their permission unless they're Integrity

Does anybody have any other kind of recommendation that could help compromise between each issue?

Also sorry I'm so late for this I received a super cute poncho in the mail and had to try it out

B-but..... now at this point I'm not even sure if I should start the game if there's a chance everybody wants me to change my methods for it...

Ah, I'm sorry if I came across as rude or agressive, because that wasn't what I intended. I think we should have extra people wait until next round, unless we're 3-4 people short, then just stick yourself, Integ, and Specta in, and another person if we're another short.

Sorry you had to wait too. :c

Edited by Draco

nightmare strikes again! now you need to keep it up and win as many in a row or else you'll soil your reputation /in

Alright so I guess it sounds like nobody can really think of any kind of compromise...

So what would people prefer? Having extra tributes wait until the next game? Or fill in the empty spaces with non-sf people/made up people when we are approaching close enough to the next amount of tributes?

I'm hoping to have that decided by the next game...

I think it really depends on the amount of people and the timing. Having an excessive amount of made up people is probably not a suggested idea, but if it's just one or two I wouldn't really mind. Though going off of what Draco said, we could try implementing permanent subs? While they may or may not have a chance of being in the game if it fills up before time is up, it's an efficient way to include more SF members when we need to add more individuals into the game!

Ah, I'm sorry if I came across as rude or agressive, because that wasn't what I intended. I think we should have extra people wait until next round, unless we're 3-4 people short, then just stick yourself, Integ, and Specta in, and another person if we're another short.

Sorry you had to wait too. :c

Ahhhhh idk I really don't like that though, because that means making 7-8 people wait until the next game and I've always felt bad about making people wait when it's just gotten so close ;u;

And that's assuming I know that Specta's fine with me sticking her in these games all the time without her permission. I'd have to ask her about that first. I've already gathered by now that Integrity's fine with it which is why I do so. I suspect he might be getting entertained by these games without admitting it too

If people don't mind waiting for the next game though, then I will keep reserving them for the next game unless I know I can fill up the rest of the space as I'd done before.

I think it really depends on the amount of people and the timing. Having an excessive amount of made up people is probably not a suggested idea, but if it's just one or two I wouldn't really mind. Though going off of what Draco said, we could try implementing permanent subs? While they may or may not have a chance of being in the game if it fills up before time is up, it's an efficient way to include more SF members when we need to add more individuals into the game!

Yeah, I don't add in extras until we start getting close to the next amount. Although apparently the amount I stuck in this time was too much?

Hmmmm how do I go about collecting subs? Probably the only people who want to end up in these games will be the ones are the ones who will sign up or will sign up sometimes and might be pressured to not do so anymore when on the sub list and would only have to wait until their turn happens to come up. That or maybe I could just find people who don't care and wouldn't check the games even if they were placed in as fillers... Although that almost feels the same thing as sticking in non-sfers, just sticking in people who won't watch the games anyway.

Then when it comes to choosing who from the list gets to go, I guess I could just do that by rotating through it, hopefully I'd be good at keeping track of that~!

And sorry Kitty I don't expect you to be able to answer all of these questions/thoughts, I'm kinda just thinking out loud for others to see if they have input.

Hi! Is there somewhere where I can learn how to play?

If you mean how to play joining these games, you don't! It's a random name generator and as long as you sign up I stick your name/avatar/etc in and the generator does the rest of the work. Then I post the results.

But if you mean if you want to learn how to use the generator yourself, well... idk, google would probably help with that~ It's called the Brant Steele Hunger Games Generator and you can look into that if you want.

Alright so I guess it sounds like nobody can really think of any kind of compromise...

So what would people prefer? Having extra tributes wait until the next game? Or fill in the empty spaces with non-sf people/made up people when we are approaching close enough to the next amount of tributes?

I'm hoping to have that decided by the next game...

It doesn't make sense to ever exclude someone who wants to participate in a game like this regardless of how many signs up you get. There is no player interaction and all outcomes are random, so having people sit out serves no purpose.

I don't add in extras until we start getting close to the next amount. Although apparently the amount I stuck in this time was too much?

Hmmmm how do I go about collecting subs? Probably the only people who want to end up in these games will be the ones are the ones who will sign up or will sign up sometimes and might be pressured to not do so anymore when on the sub list and would only have to wait until their turn happens to come up. That or maybe I could just find people who don't care and wouldn't check the games even if they were placed in as fillers... Although that almost feels the same thing as sticking in non-sfers, just sticking in people who won't watch the games anyway.

Then when it comes to choosing who from the list gets to go, I guess I could just do that by rotating through it, hopefully I'd be good at keeping track of that~!

And sorry Kitty I don't expect you to be able to answer all of these questions/thoughts, I'm kinda just thinking out loud for others to see if they have input.

I think the issue people may have with adding imaginary characters is that there's a chance that they would win the game and probably would prefer actual SF members winning the game. Though if that actually happens when the made up character actually wins, we could just replace it as the last SF member that was alive in the games.

I'm trying to figure out that myself, though it's kind of hard on what to do ;__; Asking people if they want to join it seems like we're peer pressuring them and all, so I prefer not to do that. An idea I had in mind though is how it could attract the newer members of SF to interact with older members. I'm not sure how to go by it, but from the looks of it the thread in general is full of friendly people and a lively atmosphere so no one really feels left out when they're apart of the games (though that might just be me and my view).

If it comes to the case though, I wouldn't mind being apart of the list! But it's fine, you're doing your best to make things fair and fun for everyone \o /

I think the issue people may have with adding imaginary characters is that there's a chance that they would win the game and probably would prefer actual SF members winning the game. Though if that actually happens when the made up character actually wins, we could just replace it as the last SF member that was alive in the games.

I'm trying to figure out that myself, though it's kind of hard on what to do ;__; Asking people if they want to join it seems like we're peer pressuring them and all, so I prefer not to do that. An idea I had in mind though is how it could attract the newer members of SF to interact with older members. I'm not sure how to go by it, but from the looks of it the thread in general is full of friendly people and a lively atmosphere so no one really feels left out when they're apart of the games (though that might just be me and my view).

If it comes to the case though, I wouldn't mind being apart of the list! But it's fine, you're doing your best to make things fair and fun for everyone \o /

Oh no I totally get why people don't want the fillers~

Mostly what I'm trying to get down to the bottom of is which people care about more: being excluded from the game they signed for and having to wait, or having no actual winner and almost basically losing to nobody

It's tough being fair ;~;

Unfortunately though as much as Belisarius seems very against the idea, I didn't have people complaining about having to wait. I didn't have complaints from people until I started sticking in fakes.

Replace all of the real players with filler players IMO.

Wow that's perfect, the fillers couldn't complain at all c:

TOO EASY TO PLEASE

Edited by Freohr Datia

/in for the next one

if you need to fill space and I don't sign up, you can use me as filler

you can even use me as filler multiple times for the same game!

also I don't care about filler, do whatever is easiest for you / whatever other people prefer

Fighting over who the best mod is, eh Clipsy and Integ?

Glad SF Hunger Games agrees with my assessment! :P:

I'm surprised Eclipse not only got far, but managed to score a good amount of kills.

So am I.

With that being said. . .good job kirsche~!

/in

If there are too many people, I would suggest bringing in users from previous rounds that have not yet joined for the current round. As many as necessary. imo anyway.

/in