Persona: Simulacrum - IC Thread

MRDRHAWK

With the game now loaded, Akane took a moment to input the controls, with an actual character being controlled, to figure them out a bit better. That seemed simple enough, in practice.

"Okay... I think I've got it. Probably."

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And so a smash game was had! On... Luigi's Mansion. Classic~ Unfortunately for Aoi, as much as she liked Smash, she wasn't the best at it, managing to beat Eliana, but tie with Akane. Sudden death fixed that. "Haha, no prob--" FALCON... PUNCH! Aoi stared at the screen for a moment, as Akane had managed to luck her way into a Falcon Punch, Little Mac flying off the screen faster than she could watch. That was frustrating. It had been a mostly fun five minutes, anyway. She grumbled slightly and spun around to look at them, giving herself a stretch. Arm uuuuuup, hold, ohhh, a crack~, siiiiigh, arm down.

"You two are pretty good. Kazumi doesn't bug me a lot, so I don't get to play with people in the same room. I just get slightly laggy online, haha." Ohhhh, that was awkward... "Uh, s-so do you want me to get started on food? Chicken and curry doesn't take that long. I mean, unless you'd both rather another game. I won't lose again." She stuck her tongue out at Akane. "You jus' got lucky."

Edited by I have opinions

With the dog caught, Kazumi didn't have any reason to linger, and he decided to hurry home. He said goodbye to Arata after they reached the shopping district, and after about twenty minutes of walking alone, he was back at his apartment. "Hey, I'm back." he announced, spotting his mother sat in an armchair, who was still stuck with her nose in her book when he arrived.

"You were even later getting back then Aoi was." she told him, putting her novel down for a moment. "Honestly Kazumi, you don't have time to play around like you did last year. When she was your age, Miyoko studied hard from the very beginning of the year, so you shouldn't be slacking off either." Kazumi had to resist the urge to frown at that comment. I wonder which one of her kids if her favourite... He wondered to himself if Aoi got the same treatment when she got back.

"It's the first day back mom..." Kazumi groaned, shutting the door to the apartment. "And I got slowed down stopping to check on this kid who was passed out or something on the side of the road." It hadn't slowed him down much of course, he just couldn't be bothered to hurry home to the complainer with nothing to do but study or screw around online.

"Well, just make sure you put the work in." she replied nonchalantly, and then continued with her reading.

"Yeah, I know..." he sighed, as he grabbed himself some juice from the fridge and poured himself a glass. His mother didn't seem to have much else to say, so he just walked past her towards his own room. He could hear talking inside of Aoi's room, but didn't feel like intruding and carried on into his own room. After closing the door behind him and setting down his drink, the collapsed onto his bed and relaxed a little, wondering about how to spend his evening.

"Well, I should hope so. I deserve some luck, after the day I've had." Akane replied with a smirk. It hadn't been a difficult game, and she picked it up fairly quickly... Elianna seemed to have a penchant for throwing herself off the stage, and it had become clear rather quickly that Aoi's character was nigh useless in the air. If there was one thing Akane definitely was, it was a fast learner.

They implied her character was good, yet Eliana managed to throw herself off the mansion completely a good few times during the match. W-wha, how do I recover from that?! Unfortunately, being Sonic was suffering. This time.

Too far behind to catch up, Eliana was the first to fall, even if she tried to play more careful (and spam the B button). "Ah, well. It was my first." She excused herself and put the controller down, watching Aoi and Akane at it was still entertaining. None managed to knock each other out in time, and the round was taken to sudden death. Akane was surprisingly attentive in how to stay out of the way of Aoi's attacks --out of the ground most of the time, as it was.

And then came the final blow, the pink uniformed man beat the boxer at their own game and sent them flying with a falcon-like punch. Guess that's why they call him Captain Falcon? Finally, Aoi offered to make them food. Oh, I am getting kinda hungry, so... "Sure, I am fine with eating. Sounds good."

After all that was finished, Clayton seemed a bit worse for wear, but he offered Yuu to join him and Retsuya for a bit of food.

"Sure thing. Work doesn't get-" Then Clayton left for the bathroom.

"I think we spooked him out, Retsuya," Yuu pointed out. "Did you really have to say all that?"

"Yeah, well, we'll see how lucky you get later." Aoi rolled her eyes, but smiled. Akane was right about one thing: it was nice that she got some form of luck after the awful day she'd had, somewhat imposed by Aoi. Before she could get herself rolling for another round, Eliana spoke up her opinion on food, and Aoi heard the door open and close outside the room. "That's be Kazumi, then. And I figure I can get started on some food. You're both free to stay here with the suuuuper comfy bed, or come chill in the living room. I figure my Mom'll be off to get our Dad, soon. The couches are pretty good out there!" Aoi sprung up to standing in two seconds flat, stretching over left and right, yawning a bit.

"First day of school always suuuuucks. I'm so stiff from sitting so long. I need to get on that soccer team soon, haha~" At least the stretching seemed to liven her up, heading her sweatpants self out into the kitchen and fetching some of the chicken from the freezer. "Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaz. Get out here and say hi to our guests!" She'd normally leave him to his devices, but she was feeling good enough to push some of his buttons. "You don't mind if I use the chicken, Mom?"

"Now you're cooking for them?" Mrs. Saito responded, a bit shocked, on top of the initial shock that Aoi actually had friends. "I suppose not... Just, save some for your Father when he gets home." She went back to her book. "I'll be off in fifteen to get him. Make sure you're not rude to your brother."

"Yes, Mom~" she rolled her eyes again, but seriously, this good mood just wasn't leaving, and it was starting to even worry her slightly. I hope every day can feel almost this good... I don't want to lose this. She started up the pan, and leaned against the counter, waiting for it to get hot.

"Hee hee. Well, congratulations, Akane." Eliana smiled, that was fun to watch. It seemed that food was next so she nodded contently. "Okay. I think I will wait." Eliana replied, yawning of her own after Aoi, and watched her leave the room. Stretching her arms, Eliana looked at the door, then the bed. "W-well, excuse me..." She chose the bed. It was so comfy. Hmm... big bed~. She rolled over and appreciated the fluff below her skin. "...think I'll stay a little." She mumbled, closing her eyes. No, not quite napping yet, but definitely enjoying the feeling.

Kenzo would've been content to let Sarada do all the talking but, after a not so subtle elbow jab, it as clear that wasn't how his was going to go down. "So, er, what's your profession? We both work for the Sengoku corporation." Ugh... Sarada was really putting him on the spot here. Besides, this man, Michael, was muc closer to Sarada's age, possibly only off by a year or two; why did he have to be the one to talk to him?

Sarada was meanwhile ordering their ramen.

"I see. Well, I teach English in Torodara Preparatory," Schwartz answered. "Just recently employed, this is the first school year I'm teaching there," he added before taking some more of his ramen.

"Ah, I just started at my job this year too," Sarada chimed in as he gave Kenzo his ramen. Kenzo let out a sigh of relief now that attention was shifted off of him, though he figured he better share his information before Sarada pressed for it. "I've been at the company for about... thirty-four years now? Somewhere around there."

"Interesting," Schwartz commented. "Hopefully I can also work for that long." Another take of ramen. "Still far from retirement?" He asked.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

''I'm sure he'll be alright and if not I'll explain things to him if needed.'' he said oddly serious. He only wanted to play along to have some fun with the guy, but he figured now that Clayton took things rather seriously. In his mind, he just tried to bluff away that it was playful banter, but a void of worry began to swirl up inside Retsuya's heart. ''Damn it...'' he thought. There goes a bad attempt at a joke and any good laughter he could have gained because of it. So far, he just hide the cigarette back in the case and looked on over towards his high school pal.

''Until he comes back however, can you tell me exactly what happened up there, Yuu?'' he asked politely. Normally, fights around the school while not numerous were not something too uncommon but only at the end of a school year. For one to happen so early on was unprecedented since these kinds of incidents needed to time to form from the stress of the school year gaining on them. This meant he had two hotheads ready to strike each other for no reason at all or for different morals. If Yuu could tell him who they were at least, he would not have to take the possibility of closing the rooftop into consideration.

Takako sighed and wiped a bit of sweat from his brow as the time came for Ichirou to leave. It sucked that things were tight around here, and that the kid was feeling bad for him; that was the reason Ichi got the job in the first place, was because Takako felt bad for him. Still, there was a small part of him that felt relieved that Ichirou was leaving without payment; that way, he didn't have to risk as much if business got really slow.

"Alright, kid. Lemme know if ya wanna come in tomorrow, too; I might need your help sortin' out the back of the shop." Takako replied, knowing full well that Ichi wasn't too well versed in what was back there. Still, he'd give the kid something to do, if nothing else. Seemed like he'd need it.

Though, speaking of...

"Hey, kid. Gimme your cell, I'm gonna call yer folks and let 'em know you're goin' home late. Go see your friends or somethin'." Takako added, standing up and passing two thousand-yen notes to Ichi, knowing full well what that might do to his own finances. The kid needed it more, he figured. "And don't worry about me givin' you that cash; that ain't payment for your work today. That's me givin' you some cash to go do what you wanna do with it. Just don't hurt yourself, alright kid?"

Edited by Blackhawk Stinger

Akane couldn't help but smirk as Eliana buried herself in the bed and began to roll about in it. Admittedly, a little game had left her in a decent enough mood, and this far more timid girl was entirely inoffensive... she did wonder how she had managed to get mixed up with someone as brash as Aoi, though.

"Having fun, are we?" The senior student asked in a teasing tone, as she slinked a little closer to the foreigner.

"How'd you two meet up, anyway? You certainly don't strike me as the first choice for friends."

So much for just taking it easy... Kazumi sighed, and then pushed himself to his feet and left his room. Noticing Aoi's friend from earlier through the open doorway, he waved and walked over. "Hey again." he greeted Elinia, stretching slightly as he came closer. He stopped still however when he noticed Akane, since she was the last person he was expecting to see. "Uh..." What is she doing here? "Hi?"

Edited by SB.

"The beast awakens from his slumber," Aoi prodded with a chuckle, as she set the chicken onto the now hot, and oiled pan, letting it start cooking. "Tired, Kaz? You're not that quick to retreat to your room."

"Be nice to your brother, Aoi." Their mother finally stopped reading, grabbed her keys, and made to leave. "I'm going to get your Father. Don't burn the place down."

"Yeah, yeah, geez." That was a bit insulting, but Mrs. Saito left without another word, leaving the teens to their business. And of their business, Kaz looked a bit shocked. "What? Just 'cause we smacked each other doesn't mean we can't be friends." That was Aoi's simple way of looking at things.

Takako sighed and wiped a bit of sweat from his brow as the time came for Ichirou to leave. It sucked that things were tight around here, and that the kid was feeling bad for him; that was the reason Ichi got the job in the first place, was because Takako felt bad for him. Still, there was a small part of him that felt relieved that Ichirou was leaving without payment; that way, he didn't have to risk as much if business got really slow.

"Alright, kid. Lemme know if ya wanna come in tomorrow, too; I might need your help sortin' out the back of the shop." Takako replied, knowing full well that Ichi wasn't too well versed in what was back there. Still, he'd give the kid something to do, if nothing else. Seemed like he'd need it.

Though, speaking of...

"Hey, kid. Gimme your cell, I'm gonna call yer folks and let 'em know you're goin' home late. Go see your friends or somethin'." Takako added, standing up and passing two thousand-yen notes to Ichi, knowing full well what that might do to his own finances. The kid needed it more, he figured. "And don't worry about me givin' you that cash; that ain't payment for your work today. That's me givin' you some cash to go do what you wanna do with it. Just don't hurt yourself, alright kid?"

"W-what!? I can't take..." stuttered Ichirou before pausing. There's no point rejecting the offer. He's stubborn as a mule, you know.

"...W-well, if you say so..." Ichirou reluctantly accepted, pocketing the money and handing Takako his cell. Kazumi lives somewhere near here, right? Around 20 minutes away... I could make it there quickly if I walk briskly.

After Takako explained things to his mother, ichirou sheepishly left the parlor and started his trek towards Kazumi's house. He was going to have to work twice as hard here now. He said he had a Wii U and that new Smash game, right? This could be fun.

------------------

Ichirou, despite getting lost two or three times, managed to get to Kazumi's house before half past 6. So, how should I knock? With a rhythm, or just normally...?

He haphazardly knocked loudly on the front door three times and waited for a response. Hope I don't look like some grungy teen...

"Oh, you're the boy from the roof, aren't you? I suppose the brother would make sense." Akane noted aloud, as the siblings began speaking of her presence in the apartment. She wasn't sure how accurate the friends tag was, and was actually fairly certain it wasn't very accurate at all, but no need to comment, she supposed.

"A-ah..." Eliana blushed. Akane caught her, not that she was trying to hide it. It was a full day, so a bed like that was just what Eliana could want. "Uh, well, Aoi talked to me, before class. We sit at the front, both. And... I think I stand out, too? Thought she would mock me, but no. Aoi speaks English too, so we could talk better." It was a pretty fast friendship for two girls so different, probably, but Eliana was glad for it.

And then Aoi's brother showed up, making Eliana almost shoot up from the bed. "O-oh, hi! Ka... Kazumi, yes?" She bowed. "Nice to meet you, again?"

"I dunno. I just felt kind of out of it after school finished up and I got back." he shrugged. "And if you're friends then uh... alright then?" That didn't really look like friendly fighting earlier, but... he supposed giving the older student the benefit of the doubt was fair.

"Yeah, that's me." he replied to her. "I guess you already know I'm Kazumi, so who are-" He was cut off by a knocking at the door. With Aoi occupied cooking, he figured he should probably get it himself. "Hold on a second." he told her, as he went to open the apartment door, not really sure who to expect.

"Ichirou?" Seeing one of his friends turning up out of nowhere was kind of surprising. He hadn't really been expecting him to come round or anything. "Hey, what's up?"

Edited by SB.

Clayton strolled back to the table and plopped into his chair. He hoped his face wasn't still damp from his bathroom-pep talk session. Sometime between the time he had left the table awkwardly and the time he had returned to it, the salad had arrived. He was tempted to shovel it into his gob, but he figured such a thing would be rude. The cigarette had also disappeared during this time, which was a good thing. Clay figured that the last thing he needed at the moment was more temptation to start puffing on glorious nicotine filled deathsticks. Instead, he took a regular-sized bite of delicious veg like a civilised human.

"This salad is pretty nice," He said a bit too casually, "Did anything exciting happen while I was gone?"

Play it cool, that's it.

"Well... Don't, stress yourself too hard, or somethin'..." She still cared about him, even if he was a bit distant. And made weird comments. "Of course we're friends! She wouldn't be here, otherwise. Geez, don't you get how friends work?" Aoi spoke with a mildly annoyed attitude, as she was now self proclaimed master of friends. She would've hassled Kazumi a bit more, but there was a knock at the door, and she was too preoccupied with not burning chicken, so she let him get it. That Ichirou kid, huh? "Well hey, now we've all got friends here. Let him in." Flip went the chicken, and on went a pot for rice.

"Uh, well, you know..." said Ichirou bashfully. "I was just walking home from my job at Drei-Hard and thought I ought to swing by."

Smells like they're having dinner soon. "Uh... maybe I came here at a bad time. Should I have called first?"

''Hahah, no. Our little conversation ended a while ago.'' he said. Guess he had to ask Yuu for the people's names afterwards considering Clayton's timing. Also it had been a while, but he had to eat his food sooner or later or what would have been the purpose of coming to Chevalier in the first place. Although he met quite the majestic student today, he was getting rather hungry and style didn't feed the starved. He began to finally dig in to the daily special of miso soup which while not completely filling was good enough to sustain him until he could get home and whip himself up a pre-cooked meal.

Maybe it was because he had been so accustomed to instant-made ramen, but for some reason the food was just... heavenly. ''So we never again lose her or any of our loved ones ever again. For as men, we will grow to be strong!'' he said seriously. Yeah, he was going to pull the card again, but he would probably end it there, since he didn't want to cause the guy to think too highly on the whole yakuza thing. As for right now, he just wanted to enjoy a good meal, with some good company.