What is/was your favorite and least favorite things about school?

My favorite was going to a new location and learning new subjects while meeting a wide variety of people. My least favorite was waking up for school. My body could never adapt to the early times of waking up for school. And because of that I've missed several days of school and got below average grades

I used school as an excuse to see my friends, though most of the people I went to school with seemed... interesting as well. The teachers were nice, the people were cool, and it was fun. If only learning didn't get in the way...

While it wasn't exactly my favorite moment, I remember falling in the river on one of my class field trips. I ended up having to go through the rest of the day soaked because I couldn't get a hold of my mom to bring me new pants. I just felt like I had to share that.

Too bad my school life is over.

Edited by Power Master

I liked the fact it was five minutes walk from my house, it made asking my dad for a lift even more rewarding. Although it gave me no excuse not to be in on a snow day.

Favorite: School became a second home for me so when times were rough, it was a safe haven of the sort

Least: Curse all of the massive amounts of hw they give

Favorite: Learning! Gaining knowledge!

Least favorite: Noise. People were really loud in the halls and such. Pep rallies were even worse than the halls, they literally existed to get every student in the school screaming at the top of their lungs.

I absolutely hate the popularity level of it, I sit at the bottom of the great popular ladder in a small school, so its damn near impossible to get a girlfriend.

apart from that I enjoy any class involving computers (although my schools poor so we only get a generic computer class of photoshop and premier) and chemistry

Like: Learning things about subjects I'm into, can see friends, the Asian dining hall sells fried squid (even though I just found that out like this week and I'm almost done with my bachelors), some profs are really chill and will give you extensions

Don't like: Having to take classes outside of my major that I don't care about which gives me less room in my schedule to take what I really want, way too much things due, no sleep, my caffeine ingestion has become an all time high

I'm paying money to get a degree in computer science not write big ass papers that have nothing to do with computer science there's like 5 classes in CS I wanted to take but ran out of space because mandatory non-major courses that I actually sometimes have to work even harder in to pass because at least I'm good at programming :/

Edited by Thor Odinson

How pushy it was and the disregard for personal space and agency. That shit sucked.

I liked BSing with teachers and doing cool stuff like the radio show.

I used school as an excuse to see my friends, though most of the people I went to school with seemed... interesting as well. The teachers were nice, the people were cool, and it was fun. If only learning didn't get in the way...

Pretty much this. I hardly never get to see my friends outside of facebook now :( Because we're all busy and have different schedules...

It wasn't always fun of course, but I miss it.

Don't like: Having to take classes outside of my major that I don't care about which gives me less room in my schedule to take what I really want,

Can I have an amen? I gave up on college mainly because of that bullshit...and I'll share a story that I'll never forget that really pissed me off.

I was in an english class and the focus was essays. The assignment was an arguementive essay, I can think of a million things to argue about, but it had to be something in the community. I chose to write about a building by the train tracks that had gone through tons of different restuarants after the Hardees hamburger joint went out of it, and how the Hardees shouldve stayed...told the professor my idea and he informed me that it used to be a train station long ago. So I incorporated that in the essay, and I got marked down because the train station wasn't in the same building, it got torn down and replaced. Well excuse me sir, not everybody was around during that time! How was I supposed to know that considering I didn't even know it was ever a train station? -_-

Edited by Dragoncat

favourite: my journalism classes

I'm really close to everyone in my journalism class and they all feel like family, including the teachers

least favourite: gym

What I liked most about the school I went was how they handled scheduling and stuff. They had a system where each student had a set quota for work they needed to finish, but the way each student could finish it was up to them, and they could do extra if they wanted to-- or even take work home if necessary. I might not be explaining it well, but it was a really cool system and a good way to teach kids and teens how to manage their own time and set their own goals throughout the day.

As far as what I disliked... well, there are a lot of things, but what I disliked the most was the fact that our science books got replaced with New and Old Testament studies once we hit 10th grade (Or 9th if the student was advanced.). I would have merged English with Etymology and expanded science. Oh, and Health Science got really dumb after one or two books. I really hated reading about the subliminal messages in Beatles music because I did not give a single shit about it. asdfghjkl

Favorite thing: Teachers/friends (teachers referring to the cool ones, of course).

Least favorite thing: Borked difficulty curve (school was pretty much effortless until high school and still not particularly hard until college, where it became the worst; I really don't feel like the earlier levels adequately prepared me for how to budget my time for that).

EDIT Wait no, waking up early was the worst part.

Edited by Refa

I'm still in school. Middle school.

Favorite...
I like lunch time, kinda. I like being able to socialize with my friends for a few minutes and get a meal at a relatively cheap cost. The quality of it is vastly better at my newest school, and I'm trying new foods, so I eat more than I did before. Oh, and dismissal.

I dislike several things about school, though.

The other students except the ones I get along the best with and obviously, my friends. They're loud. They're obnoxious. The biggest homophobe(ic?) I've ever known is in my class, insults homosexuals every chance he gets, ugh. You ask someone to stop when they do something that annoys you, they do it more! Agh!

Another thing is waking up early. Can't do it, man. I get up at 7:00 - 7:30, and I'm in 7th grade - I was led to believe you only have to wake up that early in 9-12. Fun.

And since I'm in Middle School now, oh god, the homework! There's butt tons of it, dude! Mostly in science, where we get worksheets with 2-4 pages every day to two days, if we're lucky. There was a recent assignment of researching planets and stuff, and I got 128/130 points. They were grouped together with tests on the gradebook, and it only raised my overall grade by 2 points? Tests are only worth 10% of my overall grade, apparently. That's not right...

but what I disliked the most was the fact that our science books got replaced with New and Old Testament studies once we hit 10th grade (Or 9th if the student was advanced.).

Wow ;// ouch. Did you go to a Christian school?

As a freshman in High school,my favorite thing is marching band;it really has given something to look forward to,a reason to get up in the morning

My least favorite thing though

Getting up in the morning

Wow ;// ouch. Did you go to a Christian school?

Yes, an academy. I attended the school since I was a little toddler~

But, yeah, it sucked not having science anymore. Don't get me wrong, studying the Testaments was very interesting, but not at the cost of science. It was a really fun subject.

I'm glad I'm born in an age where information is so abundant, though. I can get my science fix from the internet if I wanted to... so it's not all bad.

Favourite: I loved learning about geology stuffs~~ It will probably always be my passion

Least favourite: ........ w-well, I felt so alone~ Because I WAS alone~ Because I don't talk at all so I had one or two friends and even then I never spoke to them much either c: A-and so whenever there were group projects and we got to choose who to partner with... I was always the one who had to wait for "whoever is left" and sometimes there weren't any left.... which wasn't particularly bad since I could easily do and did the work all on my own, but it was still the most embarrassing and lonely thing ever :c and finding a table to sit at for lunch each new semester/trimester was never easy either~

Edited by Freohr Datia