Opinions on Takumi?

thanibomb

The thing is, Elise looks like she's at least having fun or something, while Sakura looks like she's fighting by pointing out her apparently big butt and pointing her knees inwards, which make it look super awkward.

It kind of looks to me like Sakura is trying too hard to do … something. Maybe she's like, "Stand back or … I'll hit you with my staff!" and she doesn't really know how to fight so it looks all sorts of awkward?

But if Sakura really does get bows on promotion, it's kind of interesting how both Takumi and Sakura use the same weapon, while on the Nohr side Leon and Elise use the same weapon.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It kind of looks to me like Sakura is trying too hard to do … something. Maybe she's like, "Stand back or … I'll hit you with my staff!" and she doesn't really know how to fight so it looks all sorts of awkward?

But if Sakura really does get bows on promotion, it's kind of interesting how both Takumi and Sakura use the same weapon, while on the Nohr side Leon and Elise use the same weapon.

And by pointing her knees inwards, she's looking cute while doing it! Seriously, I'll never understand that pose.

I'm still not using her due to her voice, but that would be interesting. I still wonder why the new class names are so strange when they seem to be no different from the classes in Awakening.

And by pointing her knees inwards, she's looking cute while doing it! Seriously, I'll never understand that pose.

I'm still not using her due to her voice, but that would be interesting. I still wonder why the new class names are so strange when they seem to be no different from the classes in Awakening.

Gosh, you have such pinpointed nitpicks.

Anyway, I'll bet that most - if not all - of the "new" classes will be translated to be their familiar name when they come overseas. "Trueblade" to "Swordmaster", "Revenant Knight" to "Wyvern Knight", etc.

Anyway, I'll bet that most - if not all - of the "new" classes will be translated to be their familiar name when they come overseas. "Trueblade" to "Swordmaster", "Revenant Knight" to "Wyvern Knight", etc.

I believe everyone does, maybe I'm just a bit more vocal about them. Still, you don't find her pose slightly off-putting?

Yeah, that's what I've been hoping. I mean, I've got nothing against the names, I just wouldn't see the point in changing them unless, well, something was different.

I believe everyone does, maybe I'm just a bit more vocal about them. Still, you don't find her pose slightly off-putting?

Yeah, that's what I've been hoping. I mean, I've got nothing against the names, I just wouldn't see the point in changing them unless, well, something was different.

I think it's fine, but then again I've always thought most things were fine. I wouldn't say it's as pronounced as you think it is, but hey, whatcha gonna do.

I do wonder about Takumi, though, since his map sprite appears to be different than the Awakening Archer or Sniper sprite. Maybe he is a new class? Preferably not...

I do wonder about Takumi, though, since his map sprite appears to be different than the Awakening Archer or Sniper sprite. Maybe he is a new class? Preferably not...

Either the design of the archer/sniper map sprite has changed from Awakening, he's a "new" class that's functionally an archer, or he has a different pose because he's important, I would think.

Trueblade possibly, but going from Wyvern Knight to Revenant Knight? I can't see that being a random change. "Wyvern master" or something like that could have been used if they just wanted a different name for the same thing. But Revenant?

Also, the archer sprite looks the same to me...

Out of Takumi and Hinoka, that is. The men usually have normal poses, while the girls look...strange. Did they really have to emphazise Sakura's butt? Like, "here, your little sister has a big ass for being such a small girl. Do with that information what you will".

Orochi looks pretty normal to me.

I enjoy Takumi's design as well. Its just his face that puts me off. He seems to have some bulky looking armor despite being an archer though.

My opinion is a total 180. I really like him, design wise. Easily my favorite Hoshido character.

And the magic bow idea seems likely. Look at him on the Hoshido cover; no bowstring. In the official artwork shown off in the Famitsu scans, there is one that's glowing an electric blue (and actually has an effect similiar to that, like Ryouma's sword), and it doesn't appear to be tied anywhere..

I noticed this, too.

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/File:Takumi.png

Its definitely some sort of magical or magic infused bowstring.

As for the girls' designs... eh. I'm not going to pretend to say I like them very much, but its definitely an improvement from Awakening (with the exception of Camilla). At least we don't have toilet bowl helmets or astronaut armor knights (yet...).

Edited by Tsubaki