Opinions on Takumi?

thanibomb

Takumi seems to be the least talked about sibling on either side, so I wanted to give him a bit of attention.

His Famitsu character description is the most interesting IMO, and (potentially) reveals a bit about his role as a unit. According to the translation, Takumi has been perfecting his martial arts in order to obtain "other's recognition of his own strength." What could this mean? Perhaps an archer with the ability to counter attack? Unlikely I know... but here's hoping.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was more interested in the suspicious personality. I had been working under the assumption your Hoshido siblings would welcome you with open arms, but him being mistrusting (and perhaps younger than you and therefor not missing you like the others) may mean he thinks you're still Nohr loyal.

I like him. I'm not quite sure why, but I like him. Also, if he really is supposed to be suspicious of Kamui at first, then I hope he does a better job of being wary than Frederick did.

I agree that his personality description was the most interesting. I also like that he has his own goals whereas everyone else just seems to be super centered around Kamui. And obviously he is other side of coin of Leon (Leon is naturally a genius mage, Takumi has to work hard to prove himself) so hopefully they play that up and have some interesting interactions between them. I want tension between the corresponding royal siblings!

I think he's interesting enough. We can probably assume we'll be seeing a lot of him due to his kinda-main character status, so while there isn't too much to go on right now, I feel that the game will put him in front of us enough that we'll get to see what exactly he's all about very quickly.

My points are going to him being a big male tsundere, but only time will tell ;)

Edited by BlizzardWolf95

I also like that he has his own goals whereas everyone else just seems to be super centered around Kamui. And obviously he is other side of coin of Leon (Leon is naturally a genius mage, Takumi has to work hard to prove himself) so hopefully they play that up and have some interesting interactions between them. I want tension between the corresponding royal siblings!

I'm hoping for this as well myself. Hey, Ryouma and Marx shouldn't get ALL of the Hoshido-Nohr corresponding royal siblings attention, right? :P:

Hmm he's kinda interesting to me and as mentioned he seems to be a counterpart to leon, but from what i see that both seem to play the not evil but the more unsympathetic members of the royal family at least when you play on the opposite side. Like they are the ones who will seriously be out to Kill you when you chose the opposing side. Its just a feeling but it makes sense to me, i feel they will show their dark sides on the opposite route, we have that creepy image of Leon for example, so i feel they will go a bit crazy(not insane but maybe overzelous/unRational) fighting Kaimui. I think we might not end up killing ryouma/marx and probably not the girls (well at least not by kaimuis hand) but i feel we will likely end up killing takumi/leon just a guess of course.

I like his TCG artwork as well. My favourite after Sakura's. And I do hope he's more wary than Frederick the Wary, too. It does seem like he will be ready to shoot his brother/sister down if they end up betraying Hoshido.

agree that his personality description was the most interesting. I also like that he has his own goals whereas everyone else just seems to be super centered around Kamui. And obviously he is other side of coin of Leon (Leon is naturally a genius mage, Takumi has to work hard to prove himself) so hopefully they play that up and have some interesting interactions between them. I want tension between the corresponding royal siblings!

I really hope they play that up too. I find it a bit strange that Leon comes prepromoted while Takumi doesn't, unless Dark Knight is a basic class now.

I think he's interesting enough. We can probably assume we'll be seeing a lot of him due to his kinda-main character status, so while there isn't too much to go on right now, I feel that the game will put him in front of us enough that we'll get to see what exactly he's all about very quickly.

My points are going to him being a big male tsundere, but only time will tell ;)

That would be pretty awesome!

Hmm he's kinda interesting to me and as mentioned he seems to be a counterpart to leon, but from what i see that both seem to play the not evil but the more unsympathetic members of the royal family at least when you play on the opposite side. Like they are the ones who will seriously be out to Kill you when you chose the opposing side. Its just a feeling but it makes sense to me, i feel they will show their dark sides on the opposite route, we have that creepy image of Leon for example, so i feel they will go a bit crazy(not insane but maybe overzelous/unRational) fighting Kaimui. I think we might not end up killing ryouma/marx and probably not the girls (well at least not by kaimuis hand) but i feel we will likely end up killing takumi/leon just a guess of course.

I can really see both Takumi and Leon going crazy. As a matter of fact, wasn't it Takumi who threatened to kill Kamui in the trailer after he chose to side with Nohr? He had his bow readied and everything.

Edited by Tsubaki

He looks constipated, just like Leon :P:

Something tells me that Leon/Takumi will be the least-accepting sibling of Kamui's. It's possible that Takumi starts out as a Sniper, just as Leon seems to be a Dark Knight.

As for his Famitsu description, I think Takumi is trying to get out of Ryoma's shadow.

He looks constipated, just like Leon :P:

Something tells me that Leon/Takumi will be the least-accepting sibling of Kamui's. It's possible that Takumi starts out as a Sniper, just as Leon seems to be a Dark Knight.

As for his Famitsu description, I think Takumi is trying to get out of Ryoma's shadow.

Yeah I totally thought he would be more of a laid back, Stahl-esque character based on how dopey he looked in the trailer. I'm still not too big on his aesthetics, but I'm pleasantly surprised that he seems more interesting than I expected.

Wouldn't it be a bit weird if he started out as a Sniper while his older sister is still a Peg Knight though? Then again Camilla might not be promoted either...

I don't think any of the siblings, minus Ryouma and Marx, are promoted in all honesty. Like, don't quote me on that but for some reason I don't think they are.

Also eclipse why do you think everyone looks constipated :XD:

Why are we debating their classes aren't they promoted in their TCG art? Only marx ryouma and Leon(?)seem promoted to me by that art.

Also I'm glad people are thinking on the same lines of what I'm thinking on takumis/leon's role in in the story

Edited by goodperson707

A mounted mage as a base class? Fine by me! Let's just hope Leon doesn't outclass every other magic unit on his route.

If Takumi trying to get out of Ryouma's shadow is a correct trans, I'd be very interested in how he views Kamui's return, especially if Kamui ends up being a better fighter/leader/whatever than him. He'll have to work even harder to surpass another sibling, or maybe he'll just go crazy with jealousy. This just makes me more interested in his potential interactions with his siblings and Leon...

Why are we debating their classes aren't they promoted in their TCG art? Only marx ryouma and Leon(?)seem promoted to me by that art.
Also I'm glad people are thinking on the same lines of what I'm thinking on takumis/leon's role in in the story

Weren't Elise and Sakura both promoted in their TCG art?

^ yes thats my point sorry i suck at wording things. I'll try again.

They all seem promoted but only Marx, ryouma and probably Leon (I'm slightly iffy)seem to match it on their official art

Edited by goodperson707

I like his TCG artwork as well. My favourite after Sakura's. And I do hope he's more wary than Frederick the Wary, too. It does seem like he will be ready to shoot his brother/sister down if they end up betraying Hoshido.

I really hope they play that up too. I find it a bit strange that Leon comes prepromoted while Takumi doesn't, unless Dark Knight is a basic class now.

I can really see both Takumi and Leon going crazy. As a matter of fact, wasn't it Takumi who threatened to kill Kamui in the trailer after he chose to side with Nohr? He had his bow readied and everything.

Lol that's cause he was like how Garon had their father shot down.

Dark Knight is probably still a promoted class and he's just one because Nohr is on a higher difficulty level.

That was after Kamui sided with Nohr, as he said that he betrayed Hoshido.

I don't think any of the siblings, minus Ryouma and Marx, are promoted in all honesty. Like, don't quote me on that but for some reason I don't think they are.

Also eclipse why do you think everyone looks constipated :XD:

Because Kozaki. :P:

Perhaps Leon is some sort of unique class that's mounted and uses dark magic, AND is unpromoted? Which means Takumi being a straight archer doesn't look so bad.

Because Kozaki. :P:Perhaps Leon is some sort of unique class that's mounted and uses dark magic, AND is unpromoted? Which means Takumi being a straight archer doesn't look so bad.

but what about his TCG art he looks kinda the same to me and everybody appears promoted. though it is kinda iffy for me but if he is unprompted he looks like he hardly changed in the promoted art and every promoted class so far to me seem kinda over the top (not than thats a bad thing mind you) Edited by goodperson707